Forum » FFXI » General » Uggy for Quick Draw
Uggy for Quick Draw
 Ifrit.Jurai
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-05-08 22:31:08
Link | Citer | R

So I'm trying to get this to work to boost my dmg but it doesn't seem to want to work >< Does Convert HP>MP items not work toward the latent or something?

Use the cape, Serket, and Uggy with their MP+ to boost it over 50%+ of my original 80/80 from merits. Makes it 80/170.

Anyone have suggestions on items I can use to get this working or maybe how to fix/test it better?

This is the items I'm using if it helps to see them:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=80731
 Hades.Lilg
Serveur: Hades
user: Lilg
By Hades.Lilg 2009-05-08 22:41:38
Link | Citer | R

You can swap cassie earring on and then take it back off. That would leave you with 30/80mp.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-08 23:17:50
Link | Citer | R

Jurai said:
So I'm trying to get this to work to boost my dmg but it doesn't seem to want to work >< Does Convert HP>MP items not work toward the latent or something?

Use the cape, Serket, and Uggy with their MP+ to boost it over 50%+ of my original 80/80 from merits. Makes it 80/170.

Anyone have suggestions on items I can use to get this working or maybe how to fix/test it better?

This is the items I'm using if it helps to see them:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=80731

If you look ugg up it tells you only affected by visible armor and merits ie body head legs hands feet. And yeah its 10X easier just to lose some mp then to bust your total higher. Not to mention the fact that way you dont have to gimp other slots during teh QD. Thatd be like wearing +hp gear for sorc ring not like it works anyways but you get the picture.
 Ifrit.Jurai
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-05-08 23:38:58
Link | Citer | R

Ah I didn't know that.. so Serket doesn't help.. :( Will have to find some other way..
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-08 23:42:41
Link | Citer | R

The easiest way is as Lilg said, wear no MP+ gear at all for quickdraw itself, but swap in Cassie earring (or any mp- gear) get yourself below 40mp. Then if you have no mp adjustment in your quickdraw build at all you'll be below the 50% mark.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-08 23:45:37
Link | Citer | R

Jurai said:
Ah I didn't know that.. so Serket doesn't help.. :( Will have to find some other way..

Just get at least -41 mp in gear to switch in then out. real easy and again that way you dont gimp yourself by actually wearing convert gear while using QD. That cassie earring is awesome for taht if you have full mp merits and not too bad in price.
 Odin.Blazza
Serveur: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-09 00:07:15
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure I agree with "not too bad in price"... Looks like Cassie earring is the only piece that can get you enough - mp with one item, but if you'd rather spend about 630k less (on my server at least), then 2 x physical earrings will do the exact same thing.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-09 01:29:43
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
I'm not sure I agree with "not too bad in price"... Looks like Cassie earring is the only piece that can get you enough - mp with one item, but if you'd rather spend about 630k less (on my server at least), then 2 x physical earrings will do the exact same thing.

400k over here. And yeah thats chump change I remember when there was no way id buy on and that was when I had millions on like all my mules. Couldve but was crazy. Plus i already have one for cannonball :)