Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » ADL Trigger NM difficulty
ADL Trigger NM difficulty
 Valefor.Neokenesis
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2012-02-19 18:15:39
Link | Citer | R

Greetings all,

I am looking for some information about ADL trigger NMs. I have never farmed ADL trigger NMS before. Besides DL is it possible to trio the other trigger NMS? If so as what jobs? If not what do I need to farm?
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2012-02-19 19:16:55
Link | Citer | R

SAM, RDM, THF probably can do it, would have to get a lucky proc on RDM/BRD and PLD/SMN to kill before any nasty 2hrs go off.

If PLD/SMN astral flows you really have to be on top of sleep, sleep2, break rotation or else the moment the avatar wakes up, you're dead.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-02-19 19:20:20
Link | Citer | R

The SMN isn't that bad. If you time the sleeps right you can keep it from AFing before it goes back to sleep.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2012-02-19 19:29:47
Link | Citer | R

Im thinking of trying to farm 3 ADL triggers (excluding DL) with 3 people then doing a /SH run where 2nd marrow is free lot. Ty for the info u have provided. I will try tonight. SAM,RDM,THF
 Phoenix.Lithical
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2012-02-19 19:31:21
Link | Citer | R

The ninja one might be iffy to trio, depending on how many times he wants to mijin gakure.
 Asura.Jaybezz
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2012-02-19 19:37:00
Link | Citer | R

Pld whm thf with Ochain or Aegis should brezze past the KI NM's
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2012-02-19 19:40:50
Link | Citer | R

Actually I thought I might need a PLD for these to make it kinda easier. So i have started making Ochain/Almace. I guess ill wait for 99 relic til then.
By Lederic 2012-02-19 23:01:50
Link | Citer | R

Would you really want to risk a ADL pop set with a PUG?
[+]
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2012-02-19 23:27:15
Link | Citer | R

sure I would. I have been playing long enough that I know who and who not to pick up on Valefor^^
 Phoenix.Ayrendel
user: Ayrendel
By Phoenix.Ayrendel 2012-02-23 10:47:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
would have to get a lucky proc on RDM/BRD and PLD/SMN to kill before any nasty 2hrs go off.

Just going to let everyone know that these NMs will still 2 hour if you stagger them, and can do so multiple times with each 2 hour. Since you can sleep the avatar, the biggest worry in a low man situation is multiple Mijin Gakures.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-26 15:31:04
Link | Citer | R

What're the pop items for ADL trigger NMs like w/o some form of TH?non-existant?
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-02-26 16:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Just going to let everyone know that these NMs will still 2 hour if you stagger them, and can do so multiple times with each 2 hour. Since you can sleep the avatar, the biggest worry in a low man situation is multiple Mijin Gakures.[/quote]

Seems like everyone in this thread But this guy doesn't have a clue. Don't offer ignorant opinions, offer facts. The SMN/PLD NM and of course the above mentioned Nin WILL 2-hr not once, but multiple times and on BOTH of their jobs. Astral flow and Invincible on 1 NM will infuriate a low-man group. You tell someone this crap, they go in, obviously fail, then will find their own strategies and not look to ya'll for anymore answers. Next you'll be telling people you can 6-man ADL. My LS farms 2-4 ADL sets/month, amongst a host of others, Resume includes em all, in every zone; including tav. All I'm saying is don't fill people's heads with bs. You waste their time while making yourselves look like nabs.

On the Smn/Pld NM we take a Rdm/Blm to babysit the avatar. The avatar instantly astral flows upon waking. Sometimes, if you're lucky, it'll swing once before flowing, but not often. Rdm/Blm has a stun, sleep macro, then will overwrite sleep with sleep II. Even with 18 people, this battle can be nerve wracking if he keeps invincible up, which he has spammed. Important thing is the avatar. It gets off even once, it's probably a wipe. Farm another pen.

The Bst/Nin NM is a tad easier, but just a tad. Hold your stagger til 50% and then you should be fine. there's always someone however that staggers above 70%. If that's done, expect to be hurt bad pretty soon after he is unstaggered. The other NM's really are easy. These 2 above NM's however is something SE threw into the mix to make building a set more challenging
 Phoenix.Pooman
user: Pooman
By Phoenix.Pooman 2012-02-26 16:39:02
Link | Citer | R

30-40m item free lot O.O I'd go for that.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-02-26 17:00:09
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
Next you'll be telling people you can 6-man ADL.

Intentional pchan reference?

Edit: to contribute to the thread, I dont think that a lowman farming run is unreasonable. back at 95 I farmed a set with 6 (pld/thf/mnk/brd/whm/whm I believe)pld didn't have aegis, and thf didn't even have a twash. I dont believe a group of 3 with a decked out pld would have any issues surviving. possible without pld, but would be much more difficult.