users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Yoichinoyumi Trials
Yoichinoyumi Trials
 Ragnarok.Baconchips
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Baconchips 2012-02-16 18:06:31
Link | Citer | R

Where are the best places to do each of the trials for the yoichi? I'm currently on the Beast one and doing them on samurai. I was thinking of doing coeurls in abyssea but not sure if there was a better option? What about the next few?
 Fenrir.Pirinolon
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Pirinolon
By Fenrir.Pirinolon 2012-02-17 01:08:43
Link | Citer | R

i went to ulegerand range where the NM for the selene's bow is, killed rabbits over there, also did the lizards one in there since theres tons of raptors, and the best thing was that nobody else goes there at least when i was doing mine. abby and the old camp at vollvow OP are always packed
 Sylph.Siccmade
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2012-02-17 04:24:32
Link | Citer | R

I did Tigers in Aby-Ule, used Regain Atmas and went to town.
They don't Ruby so was fairly easy to get TEs and goods.

Basically, Shoha >>> Namas = Dead.

Not sure its the best but It worked for me because I was doing Isgebind spam
at the time and keeping my friends full of TEs and KIs. Turn trials into a multitask
and get ***done while you get ***done! lol

GL.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [3789 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-02 19:47:28
Link | Citer | R

NECROOO

Any updated tips for targets or easy NMs to use for these trials?
I feel like on ML40 SAM the Abyssea monsters are gonna be way too easy for me to even bother, but prove me wrong hey.
By IGDC 2022-07-02 19:52:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Sechs said: »
NECROOO

Any updated tips for targets or easy NMs to use for these trials?
I feel like on ML40 SAM the Abyssea monsters are gonna be way too easy for me to even bother, but prove me wrong hey.

no atmas + soboro >_> they should fly by
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-02 19:52:30
Link | Citer | R

You can always use soboro (quint spear) and not completely destroy mobs
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-02 19:57:07
Link | Citer | R

I am using Soboro (the original one, not the ilevel) and I was trying the metalcruncher worms in Woh Gates for the first trial, they don't last more than, like, 4 WS each.
And I'm avoiding to swap WS gear on Namas Arrow on purpose to reduce damage D:

I could swear there was a decent ilevel camp with Amorphs but when I think about it only the one with Leeches & Chapulis in Sih Gates comes to mind.
That might be a bit too high level for my level 75 bow lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-07-02 20:04:38
Link | Citer | R

In that same spot you should be able to get double the ws's on acuex
There's a couple on the bridge just south. To buy more time for repops.

Unless you're onto another trial, there's no good beasts. But it's killing blows so you want easy dead stuff.
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-07-03 02:54:28
Link | Citer | R

You should be done with 200 WS on amorphs before anyone can answer here and everything else is killing blow, so you don't want Ilvl mobs for that. Abyssea is best because of Atmas.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-03 08:36:59
Link | Citer | R

For future reference: the circular room bewteen G-5 and G-6 in Woh Gates has 5 Metalcruncher Worms (and another 3 in the room just next to it), meaning by the time you're done killing the "last" the first you killed will have repopped and you will never run out of targets.

Pretty easy and fast. I suggest this spot for other people who will do this trial in the future!
By fillerbunny9 2022-07-03 13:34:08
Link | Citer | R

if you insist on staying out of Abyssea, Chateau d'Oraguille's basement is full of leeches. personally, I ran around Uleguerend with Regain atma exploding worms. I could pop Meditate and one shot them and be ready to do it again immediately. extremely fast with Gearswap allowing you to WS without engaging.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-07-03 16:07:06
Link | Citer | R

Trial 1091
Sierra Tigers #4 Aby Uleg
Atma of Voracious Violet, Harvester, Perfect Attendance
Easy Peasy

Trial 1884
Dusk Lizards #7 Aby Misa
Same setup as above

Trial 1885
Squib #0 Aby Misa
Same setup as above
It has to be said that Heqet pops in here, no big deal these days but still, might be reason good enough to go Aby-Grauberg and do Crabs there instead.

Trial 2279
Plateau Glider #3 Aby La Theine
Same setup as above.
Alternatively there's wasps east of this position.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [119 days between previous and next post]
By Trillium 2022-10-30 11:39:34
Link | Citer | R

Trial 1884
Aby Mis, I did raptors, I used to do lizards but raptors aggro, so that can be nice if you can line things up.

Trial 1885
Did fish and crabs to avoid dealing with the nm on frogs.

Trial 2279
For Vermin there is also the spiders in Vunk, but you do have to contend with the nm from time to time. there are also lady bugs I suppose, but spiders seem to respawn often enough for me. Haven't done on bow trials, but did on others. About to head out now, I am using the ilevel soboro from unm just to make sure the mobs die and I don't have to wait for x % as they will be there already 9/10 times by the time I have tp to fire. Usually need to be 50-60% on other mobs though for reference, so soboro og is a bit slower in getting mobs there when the abyssea mobs "level up" and have more hp.

While we are on the topic, anyone tried rng sam recently? Doing it more just for shrugs. Am thinking of leveling the tp gktn as well, but wondering if aeonic would be better overall, even in full rng setup... or for that matter the tenzen bow with the relic arrows... hmmm.
By Vaerix 2022-10-30 19:55:54
Link | Citer | R

Trillium said: »
Trial 1884
Aby Mis, I did raptors, I used to do lizards but raptors aggro, so that can be nice if you can line things up.

Trial 1885
Did fish and crabs to avoid dealing with the nm on frogs.

Trial 2279
For Vermin there is also the spiders in Vunk, but you do have to contend with the nm from time to time. there are also lady bugs I suppose, but spiders seem to respawn often enough for me. Haven't done on bow trials, but did on others. About to head out now, I am using the ilevel soboro from unm just to make sure the mobs die and I don't have to wait for x % as they will be there already 9/10 times by the time I have tp to fire. Usually need to be 50-60% on other mobs though for reference, so soboro og is a bit slower in getting mobs there when the abyssea mobs "level up" and have more hp.

While we are on the topic, anyone tried rng sam recently? Doing it more just for shrugs. Am thinking of leveling the tp gktn as well, but wondering if aeonic would be better overall, even in full rng setup... or for that matter the tenzen bow with the relic arrows... hmmm.

For 2279 and pretty much all vermin trials I typically opt for the chigoes in attohwa can gather the circle and they all like up on the east wall pretty nicely.