users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Third Eye, Seigan, and Agi? o.O
Third Eye, Seigan, and Agi? o.O
 Caitsith.Shinsama
Serveur: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Shinsama 2009-05-06 09:25:05
Link | Citer | R

Ok, now i cant say that i have tested this as in done lots and lots and lots of parsing etc

but for the last hour or so, i have been tanking in osode + skote + other random agi gear...

third eye seems to be lasting alot longer then normal, and im parsing about a 15-20% counter rate...

anyone else notice the same thing? (ps, i dont have sam relic legs for enhanced counter)
 Carbuncle.Nightmarelord
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: BushinNmL
By Carbuncle.Nightmarelord 2009-05-06 09:27:24
Link | Citer | R

its your evasion vs mobs acc, that simple.

it would be much easier and profittable to just stack on EVA if u really want to see it proc. but yeah in theory agi helps.

and af2 legs are worthless as they only help get u a few " counters " nothing more.
 Caitsith.Shinsama
By Caitsith.Shinsama 2009-05-06 09:28:41
Link | Citer | R

evasion improves counter rate of third eye o.O?
 Odin.Ravax
Serveur: Odin
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-05-06 09:30:22
Link | Citer | R

I've noticed the same thing. Not necessarily with Agi. Instead I use an evasion set. I've found that mobs that have a harder time hitting me cause more anticipations to occur. Whereas mobs that have very high accuracy will down the eye in one or two anticipations. With a good evasion set, I've soloed mobs up to Om'Phuabo
 Caitsith.Shinsama
By Caitsith.Shinsama 2009-05-06 09:37:35
Link | Citer | R

also with counter? or not so much? XD

5% counter rate seems about average for my DD set

but when i toss on osode, skote, hachiryu sune-ate etc
it jumps 15%+
 Gilgamesh.Elphame
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Elphame
By Gilgamesh.Elphame 2009-05-06 10:19:52
Link | Citer | R

I macro in my Saotome Haidates for Third Eye, I love when the augment kicks in and counters an attack ^^, I have never parsed so sadly I dont have stats etc, but I do know that my melee gear has -20 eva and I +1 Agi >.<, ws gear no eva and +4 Agi, my anticipates to me are still random, sometimes anticipate up to 6-7times others just once :/.
I think having /nin boosts your AGI +10 also ^^, which in turn of course effects ya eva. lol tbh I didnt even realise I had little to no agi and eva :s, I still do ok tho, makes me want to look into it further considering when I go /thf to certain events, trick atk is effected by agi and I dont really have any lawl!!
Going to muse over that now ^^.
 Odin.Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-05-06 10:25:30
Link | Citer | R

Shinsama said:
also with counter? or not so much? XD

5% counter rate seems about average for my DD set

but when i toss on osode, skote, hachiryu sune-ate etc
it jumps 15%+

Nope. I don't see much Counter, really. I mean. I certainly do counter but I guess I've never really paid attention to the rate. On my monk I counterstance a lot and have a good setup for it so...any amount of countering my samurai does is insignificant to me.
 Odin.Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-05-06 10:28:07
Link | Citer | R

Elphame said:
I macro in my Saotome Haidates for Third Eye, I love when the augment kicks in and counters an attack ^^, I have never parsed so sadly I dont have stats etc, but I do know that my melee gear has -20 eva and I +1 Agi >.<, ws gear no eva and +4 Agi, my anticipates to me are still random, sometimes anticipate up to 6-7times others just once :/.
I think having /nin boosts your AGI +10 also ^^, which in turn of course effects ya eva. lol tbh I didnt even realise I had little to no agi and eva :s, I still do ok tho, makes me want to look into it further considering when I go /thf to certain events, trick atk is effected by agi and I dont really have any lawl!!
Going to muse over that now ^^.

Buuuuuuuzzzzzzzzz

It's true when you're thief main. However, when thief is subbed, Sneak attack and trick attack both lose their added damage. A Sam/Thf will do less damage tricking a WS in an agi build than a Sam/Thf in STR gear. The same goes for Dex and Sneak attack.

When subbed, you should think of the abilities like this and dress appropriately:

Sneak Attack - One Guaranteed Critical Hit
Trick Attack - One Hate Transfer
 Gilgamesh.Elphame
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Elphame
By Gilgamesh.Elphame 2009-05-06 10:54:36
Link | Citer | R

tbh on /thf its a rare occasion I get to use TA anyway ^^, and me also being mithra my str is low so I dont want to compromise any of my str... + my ws are modified by str.
2am tired buzzing from chocolate fudge coffee. :)