Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-01-26 17:43:39
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Alukat said: »
how about Vajra offhand? BG states that it increases SA/TA dmg by 25%

Loses all stats in the offhand except base damage/delay.
 Siren.Seiri
Serveur: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-01-26 18:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said: »
Bahamut.Alukat said: »
how about Vajra offhand? BG states that it increases SA/TA dmg by 25%

Loses all stats in the offhand except base damage/delay.

Ty serj, thought so but wasn't sure with mythics.

Cerberus.Nahtaivel said: »
Now that I think about it, Oneiros' usefulness is tied to SA and TA timers, and as you said yourself, the atmacites dramatically increases your WS rate. I would think you would be WSing a lot more w/o SA or TA which would make Oneiros a poor option.

And I'm well aware of triple attack taking priority over double attack, but that doesnt mean you should ignore it completely. But you're right that the difference between a +4 STR earring and brutal's is almost non existent, with the +4 STR earring being more consistent. I'm still not quite sure i understand why the gorget is better, or why the vigilance mantle +1 would be better over atheling or cerb +1.

It's a shame Vajra looks so cool but is just not worth the effort to get.

For the first, simply if you aren't WSing with SA or TA, you aren't using MS. Evis or Exen are both way better with unstacked.

For the second, gorget is better than just. torque because it adds a direct 3.333% boost to your damage, whereas just. adds 3% or less. Truly a tiny difference but its there none the less. Same to the mantle vs cerb, although the winner of those two is situational and gear dependant.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-01-29 07:21:04
Link | Citer | R

what could be the order of bodys for stacked MS? Athos > Toci > ???

where would heca or loki be and what others beside toci and Athos is better then the one better from those 2?
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-01-29 07:29:25
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Mindi said: »
what could be the order of bodys for stacked MS? Athos > Toci > ???

where would heca or loki be and what others beside toci and Athos is better then the one better from those 2?

Heca is trash pretty much. Ok dancing edge piece outside to an extent, but irrelevant piece for an irrelevant WS.

For TA, lokis > tocis, for SA I would expect tocis > lokis.

Really anything less than loki's shouldn't even be considered.
 Leviathan.Laphine
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Laphine 2012-01-29 07:37:56
Link | Citer | R

i would even expect toci to win on TAmercy as well. 13 str and near 17 attack is (Impossible to gauge.). Oh and there is 3% DA too.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-01-29 09:38:37
Link | Citer | R

what about handslot? Do Raiders win for TA-MS or Rogue's+1?

(just to clear it totaly, Athos body would be best in slot for both, TA and SA MS, right? i dont want to waste my time to try to get a body i never get anyways if it isnt the better one lol)
 Leviathan.Laphine
By Leviathan.Laphine 2012-01-29 12:23:48
Link | Citer | R

You could use something like this as a rule of thumb:
1 str = ~1.50 dex on SAmercy = ~1.50 agi on TAmercy
If mercy damage boost does not affect the SA/TA part of the ws then str weighs even more. And also, in reality, str is worth a bit more due offhand and multi hits, and the extra attack and raw base damage it provides.

Using rogue's+1 kinda depends on your overall agi. Emp+2 hands has 8 str, and to beat that rogue needs to give a 12 agi boost on TA (can get that naked). But this is without taking the 20 attack from the emp hands into consideration. So yeah, emp should win.

Toci should beat everything for mercy. Although this rule of thumb does't help much with crit attack bonus damage, toci's 13 str is like 20 agi for TAmercy, and there is still 16-17 attack and 3%DA on it. 5% crit damage will have a hard tiem beating that.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-01-29 15:29:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Laphine said: »
If mercy damage boost does not affect the SA/TA part of the ws then str weighs even more. And also, in reality, str is worth a bit more due offhand and multi hits, and the extra attack and raw base damage it provides.

Using rogue's+1 kinda depends on your overall agi. Emp+2 hands has 8 str, and to beat that rogue needs to give a 12 agi boost on TA (can get that naked). But this is without taking the 20 attack from the emp hands into consideration. So yeah, emp should win.

Toci should beat everything for mercy. Although this rule of thumb does't help much with crit attack bonus damage, toci's 13 str is like 20 agi for TAmercy, and there is still 16-17 attack and 3%DA on it. 5% crit damage will have a hard tiem beating that.

Wrong. Str has a 60% mod compared to a 100% Dex/Agi on SA/TA respectively. As str gives attack and fSTR you could call 1 str as equal to 1 dex/agi until fSTR cap, which is low for daggers I might add, but it is in no way worth 50% more. Mandau lv95 is rank 5, so 25~30 str over the target vit will cap, at this point str is worth a little more than half 1 str or dex under SA/TA. Additional hits at 1.0 fTP will add significantly less dmg to high def targets than would make them worth gearing for over boosts to the initial hit.
 Leviathan.Laphine
By Leviathan.Laphine 2012-01-29 21:31:24
Link | Citer | R

str is 60% mod multiplied by 3ftp. SA/TA bonus isn't affected by that.
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2012-02-26 09:21:50
Link | Citer | R

Hi sorry to bump an old thread, just wanted a quick Q&A on Epona's as a Mercy Stroke WS item.

Currently i use Rajas and Pyrosoul. Also seen sets with x2 Pyrosoul. However i finally seen a third set with Rajas and Epona's.

Im told this is the best route to take (Rajas + Epona's), however when i tried this set up my average seemed to have decreased. Not sure needs more testing on my part and playing with, but wanted to see what you all thought about the use of Epona's during WS for MS.

Did it increase your overall damage? lower?

Thanks
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-02-26 09:32:26
Link | Citer | R

I'm guessing the Pyrosoul x 2 was meant for an AC ws set. For ACless I believe the Rajas/Epona would be better.

I have no math to back it up though, so consider it a free bump.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-26 09:45:15
Link | Citer | R

str is 60% mod multiplied by 3ftp. SA/TA bonus isn't affected by that.

WD * PDIF = ( D + fSTR + WSC) * fTP * PDIF

D = Weapon Damage + SA/TA bonus

--->

Distributing the underlined portion

(fTP * Weapon Damage *PDIF) + (fTP * SA/TA bonus *PDIF) + (fTP * fSTR * pDIF) + (fTP * WSC *PDIF)

Go go gadget Distributive Property.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-02-26 14:12:09
Link | Citer | R

Well useing the spreadsheet Epona + Pyrosoul allways looses for me, on SA+MS its Raja+Pyrosoul, on TA+MS 2xPyrosoul what comes out best.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2012-02-26 15:04:04
Link | Citer | R

Just because DEX and AGI are added before pDIF doesn't mean they are added before http://fTP. In fact they aren't, so Laphine is correct.

At least according to BGwiki and FFXIclopedia anyway.

Edit: Why in the world is there a link on fTP like that >_>
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-02-26 15:54:37
Link | Citer | R

SA/TA bonus is calculated after fTP and before pDIF, so Flippant and Laphine are correct.

For Sneak Attack with Thief main, the calculation is WD = ( D + fSTR + WSC) * fTP + DEX
For Trick Attack with Thief main, the calculation is WD = ( D + fSTR + WSC) * fTP + AGI
For Sneak Attack and Trick Attack with Thief main, the calculation is WD = ( D + fSTR + WSC) * fTP + DEX + AGI

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Calculating_Weapon_Skill_Damage
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-02-26 16:12:04
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Seiri said: »

Wrong. Str has a 60% mod compared to a 100% Dex/Agi on SA/TA respectively. As str gives attack and fSTR you could call 1 str as equal to 1 dex/agi until fSTR cap, which is low for daggers I might add, but it is in no way worth 50% more. Mandau lv95 is rank 5, so 25~30 str over the target vit will cap, at this point str is worth a little more than half 1 str or dex under SA/TA. Additional hits at 1.0 fTP will add significantly less dmg to high def targets than would make them worth gearing for over boosts to the initial hit.

Beside that you have no idea how DEX/AGI is calculated for SA/TA Mercy you also ave no idea whats fSTR too I think.
How you got 25-30 STR over target's VIT?

Rank 5 is (5+8)*4=52

Math is hard.
 Leviathan.Laphine
By Leviathan.Laphine 2012-02-26 22:43:47
Link | Citer | R

man i wish dex/agi bonus were inside the WD lol. I actually proposed this on the official forums last year hehe, and i still think it would be fun!
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-26 22:47:35
Link | Citer | R

man i wish dex/agi bonus were inside the WD lol. I actually proposed this on the official forums last year hehe, and i still think it would be fun!

I don't know why I thought it was, but when I realized it was wrong, I did some math and that would be absolutely crazy damage, lol.
 Fenrir.Rekial
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Rekial
By Fenrir.Rekial 2012-02-28 19:35:00
Link | Citer | R

Has any testing been done on 99 Vajra? I've always wanted one, It would be interesting to know if the static effect works offhand (probably not) but also what kind of numbers mandalic can put out at 99 with the +30% boost to ws damage, and 25% to sa/ta. Mandalic was always good versus high defense mobs with its 1.66 attack multipler.

I wouldn't expect OMG amazing numbers from it on anything worthwhile, but I think it could possibly happen. Plus the aftermath is amazing.

Didn't want to start a new thread so brought it up here where it had been mentioned :D
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-03-01 11:09:07
Link | Citer | R

I can tell you the SATA boost doesnt work offhand. I havent mathed out MStab in ages, but including the sata boost, atk boost and the 15-30% WS boost id be pretty hefty. Cant say off the cuff if it beats rudra/mercy, but its no slouch with Vajra.
 Fenrir.Rekial
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Rekial
By Fenrir.Rekial 2012-03-02 17:13:29
Link | Citer | R

I wants it ; ;
 Carbuncle.Burkey
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-03-06 18:54:47
Link | Citer | R

ok after reading thru this entire forum i have a pretty big headache..

im about a month or little less away from the mandau club, so i was wondering strictly what peoples' ws sets look like. granted obtaining relics puts you into the 'you should care about 0.0001% or whatever increase in ws damage' club, i do not care about such small increases

show me your ws sets, and ill try to follow suit or mix and match what i can and work for other pieces that i dont have

tldr; idgaf about PDIF FSTR FTP ETC ETC, post mercy sets and ill be super duper satisfied
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2012-03-06 23:11:45
Link | Citer | R

Definitely need to tweak some things, haven't even had Mandau for a month yet and I'm still working on building my gil back up. Need to farm tatters to augment my cap since I just made it recently. Feet could use some better augments, currently 2 STR 4 ATT. Earrings will eventually be white boxed. Two improvements I know I could use in this set but probably will not get anytime soon if ever are Whirlwind Dirs and Toci's Harness (not active in VW due to small social LS and strong dislike for pickup groups). I swap out heca bod for Loki's for SA/TA. I'm on the fence about a few things at the moment though.

Upgrading heca harness to +1 and wasting more tatters for something useful like attack or random STR pool or something, or buying Ocelomeh+1. In the case of Oce+1, and double attack of 2 or more augmented on the cap (is more than 2 possible?), would it then be smart to put brutal earring back on and using Eponas over Rajas? I know there's arguments about Eponas always unless using assassin's charge, just not sure at what point I'm gimping my average damage for minimal spike damage. Is the 8%~ double attack worth losing 9-10 STR?

Anything else I might be doing wrong feel free to point it out. I'm fairly happy with it at the moment but I want to improve to the best of my ability.

Edit: I know STR Thochka is preferred off hand, haven't been motivated to work on it lately but it'll get done eventually. Using Twash in the mean time because I'd hate for all the work I put into it to go to waste.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-03-07 11:21:15
Link | Citer | R

I should get mine on friday!!! /so excited

This is the set Ive mathed out to win. Fortunately it seems that the same set wins for stacked and unstacked so thats convenient.

Quote:
Edit: I know STR Thochka is preferred off hand, haven't been motivated to work on it lately but it'll get done eventually. Using Twash in the mean time because I'd hate for all the work I put into it to go to waste.

I wouldnt get to caught up in it. I havent mathed it out explicitly, but twash might still win overall just from the raw DPS. A rediculous amount of thf's damage is from melee, not ws. Twash (depending on what level it is) has significantly higher DPS and WS damage isnt nearly as big a piece of thf as it is for say, sam, drg, etc. My drg has like 70-75% of damage from WS. Thf is more like 40-50%. It will probably need a more detailed look in the spreadsheets, but i wouldnt write off twash offhand quite so fast (if you have the 95/99 version anyway).
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2012-03-07 15:10:54
Link | Citer | R

My Twash 90 at the moment, I plan to start working on HMP's when I run out of things to spend gil on though.
 Ragnarok.Shred
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Konda
By Ragnarok.Shred 2012-03-08 06:25:30
Link | Citer | R

Unsacked and TA mercy, pyrosoul will be better than rajas.

Also, depending on attack, Heafoc mitts may be better than AF3+2 (5str vs 16 attack).
Same with ire+1 or w/e the big +str neck is.
 Phoenix.Hagino
Serveur: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2012-03-10 10:40:19
Link | Citer | R

doop~
 Carbuncle.Burkey
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-03-28 18:57:30
Link | Citer | R

newly obtained golden delicious ~~

abyssea speaking: what atmas? i would assume something like RR VV and aoa or GH?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-28 18:59:52
Link | Citer | R

I still use RR/GH/Apoc. If you can't TA, SA, or bully, you won't be using MS. I'm always tank in Abyssea as THF though.