Cor V.s. Pld PvP, Could I Win?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Cor v.s. Pld PvP, Could i win?
Cor v.s. Pld PvP, Could i win?
By terebro 2012-01-25 22:07:13
Link | Citer | R

I have a friend that has recently got his ochain, and now he thinks he is unbeatable in every way. Has even fought multi peeps in PvP and won. Out of all my jobs the only one i could see me killing him on is cor but im not positive the results i get in-game will be the same as in PvP so i just wanted some of you alls opinions. Could i sleep him? Would Leaden Salute negate his cheats? Sub Sam? What do u think?
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-01-25 22:13:19
Link | Citer | R

Wildfire>fireshot>wildfire works really well if you have it. Unless friend also has aegis, you should have an ok chance of winning. I dont believe sleep would work well as plds have resist sleep 5 or something.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By terebro 2012-01-25 22:17:39
Link | Citer | R

he subs rdm also which is even more cheating, and swears wildfire wont work on him which is why i was exploring leaden.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-25 22:20:45
Link | Citer | R

terebro said: »
he subs rdm also which is even more cheating, and swears wildfire wont work on him which is why i was exploring leaden.
Fire shot will work >.>
You do fire shot for the AF3 bonus anyways
You'll wreck him easy if he's only got Ochain

p.s. If he's using a Full MDT set then just Last Stand him :/
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-01-25 22:26:59
Link | Citer | R

Leaden is also magic, so it won't work better than WF unless he's full of fire resist or something.
By terebro 2012-01-25 22:33:08
Link | Citer | R

But, Leaden is special as it ignores most of that kinda stuff like Magic Shields. And im sure he will use Fealty to off set the damage from Wildfire.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-01-25 22:33:42
Link | Citer | R

It actually depends more on what race he is. A Fire Shot -> WF on my PLD in full mdt gear w/shellra V would still do over 1500 damage combined.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-01-25 22:37:56
Link | Citer | R

I have a friend that has recently got his ochain, and now he thinks he is unbeatable in every way. Has even fought multi peeps in PvP and won. Out of all my jobs the only one i could see me killing him on is cor but im not positive the results i get in-game will be the same as in PvP so i just wanted some of you alls opinions. Could i sleep him? Would Leaden Salute negate his cheats? Sub Sam? What do u think?

You can sleep him with light based sleep, dispel is your friend.

/rdm isn't cheating its incredibly smart.

Sub scholar on your Corsair with regain/blitzers roll sleep darkshot/dispel(spell) him and aspir his MP while you keep tp for WF.

Rotating two dispels will be murder on his buffs, if Darkshot wakes him (not sure if it does) just ride the Light shot and simply spam dispel sleep as Paladins have no immunity to it (as they do to dark based sleep).

He will start to build resistance but at a much slower rate than he would to the actual spell(Sleep).

Once you get enlight off his DPS will suffer and wear as much PDT gear as you can get, use a terra's staff.

Your goal is to remove Enlight asap, kite him and use your PDT to outlast him, you also will have capped Stoneskin, Blink, Regen 2 and Aquaveil to recover your health a bit should you need it.

(Be sure to cast Stoneskin in light arts, and ride Regen 2 as much as you can.)

Fealty isn't much to worry about if he pops it just kite for 60s, just like any sensible person does vs Unbridled Learning, Konzen Ittai etc.

I'd invest in mp merits.
Ochain is a piece of ***, if he had an Aegis you might have reason to be worried on COR.

Send him my way, this fellow sounds fun.
[+]
By terebro 2012-01-25 22:39:24
Link | Citer | R

He's a hume. And thats very interesting!!!!
 Bahamut.Ecodin
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Ecodin 2012-01-25 22:46:20
Link | Citer | R

The Ochain is not what you need to worry about, its the Af3+2 set bonus and healing the pld with wildfire. If you dont heal, then 2 wildfires will kill any pld.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-01-25 22:48:52
Link | Citer | R

Corsair is amazing, Magic Gunman {Yes, please.}

It sticks it hard to BLU too.
 Valefor.Rancor
Serveur: Valefor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-01-25 23:01:27
Link | Citer | R

Welll time Shieldbash and flash's and your dead ._.b Phalanx + cures = ftw
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
Serveur: Bismarck
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-25 23:14:58
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Rancor said: »
Welll time Shieldbash and flash's and your dead ._.b Phalanx + cures = ftw

What?
[+]
 Ifrit.Showmo
Serveur: Ifrit
user: showmo456
By Ifrit.Showmo 2012-01-25 23:29:16
Link | Citer | R

Should also note that shields cannot block ranged attacks. Even with Ochain, he will have a 0% block rate against all of your ranged attacks, leaving PDT, Phalanx, and Creed set bonus the main threats as damage reduction against you (or MDT if you plan on using Wildfire). A well-timed Sentinel/Flash could screw up your damage too though.
 Sylph.Deathknight
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Deathknight 2012-01-25 23:34:55
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Urteil said: »

If this is an actual test of each other's capabilities, they are both fighting with poison on.
 Phoenix.Bomber
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-01-25 23:35:33
Link | Citer | R

Go RDM/BLU with full -PHY you might not win but wont lose either...
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-25 23:48:00
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Deathknight said: »

If this is an actual test of each other's capabilities, they are both fighting with poison on.
Why ? To take away from the JA's COR is capable of ?
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-01-26 01:15:11
Link | Citer | R

Paladins have no immunity to it (as they do to dark based sleep).

He will start to build resistance but at a much slower rate than he would to the actual spell(Sleep).

Are you sre about this? most paladins I've fought my reposes are almost useless. As a test I just took out a pld friend out and wearing a repose set /sch, w/ about 470 divineskill/magic accurracy+HQ light staff, he was nake w/o any sort of DoT(I checked like 6 times due to 1 second reposes) on. My repose durations were

15seconds>1second>1 second>1 secon>kill
13seconds>1 second>1 second>sleep1 30seconds, sleep1 10~seconds>repose 1 second>sleep1 resist>kill
Repeat above pattern for 4 more trials. sleep1s varried, but repose always became absolutely useless after first cast although, I never did see a "Resist!" message on repose.

This isn't an issue I have found fighting anything else. Leads me to believe much more that its like fafnir where light and dark sleeps build resistance separately, but that resist trait does affect it.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-01-26 01:39:57
Link | Citer | R

Repose/Light Shot/Pineceone Bomb seem to have much more success versus paladins than the traditional dark-based sleep.

I always see longer durations and less resists, I know over time that any target (even a PLD) will build resistance to any sleep (non element, light, dark) but anything not dark based seems to have better success.

Perhaps you are right, or perhaps the dark based sleep has the lowest potency/accuracy than its JA/light based counterparts.

The ability I had in mind specifically was Light Shot (in regards to paladins).

I haven't seen repose used much versus a paladin, mostly on myself where it nearly always lands. Lol.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Urteil
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-01-26 02:52:53
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Repose against a pld was horrible when I would whm vs them at 75 and I had apollo's + capped skill/decent divine gear

that's why the claim light based works better on them seems odd to me

There is the possibility that I am entirely wrong, try Light shot and tell me how that works, I'm curious now myself.
 Bahamut.Illyst
Serveur: Bahamut
user: illyst
By Bahamut.Illyst 2012-01-26 14:18:55
Link | Citer | R

Who would melee cor against pld… just kite qd and its basically a win. Like how cors would solo jailer of fortitude
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [307 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Hapa
By Phoenix.Hapa 2012-11-28 20:50:26
Link | Citer | R

/rdm isn't cheating its incredibly smart.

Sub scholar on your Corsair with regain/blitzers roll sleep darkshot/dispel(spell) him and aspir his MP while you keep tp for WF.

Rotating two dispels will be murder on his buffs, if Darkshot wakes him (not sure if it does) just ride the Light shot and simply spam dispel sleep as Paladins have no immunity to it (as they do to dark based sleep).

Once you get enlight off his DPS will suffer and wear as much PDT gear as you can get, use a terra's staff.

Your goal is to remove Enlight asap, kite him and use your PDT to outlast him, you also will have capped Stoneskin, Blink, Regen 2 and Aquaveil to recover your health a bit should you need it.

(Be sure to cast Stoneskin in light arts, and ride Regen 2 as much as you can.)

Fealty isn't much to worry about if he pops it just kite for 60s, just like any sensible person does vs Unbridled Learning, Konzen Ittai etc.

I'd invest in mp merits.
Ochain is a piece of ***, if he had an Aegis you might have reason to be worried on COR.

Send him my way, this fellow sounds fun.

I pvp on corsair often. most of the above is correct when fighting a pld on cor. It took me awhile to get the hang of beating them. ochain pld, ezpz to beat. like urt said above /sch is your friend. pro, shell, firestorm, aquavell, blink, SS, blaze spikes, SUBLIMATION Also do not forget you have aspir! I have mp merits also. Dispel is your friend like Urteil said.

The timer on your QD are valuable, so I dont use them for Darkshot.

If you use Terra staff, you can go with tact/wizards rolls. if you use vulcan go with tact/gallent. PDT is very nice in this fight, PDT rings/belt > MAB rings/belt in this fight. Also Twilight Torque very nice.

Remember range is your friend. stay away from him as much as possible. also take advantage of triple shot to get a nice tp spike. if he gets to slow or you think he is going to WS soon. Light shot! it can fail so dont rely 100% on it, you might have to try to kite him for a few sec, or heal up and re stoneskin, until you can get it on him. Once back asleep continue with the ranged attacks and WF's. ALWAYS Fireshot > WF. It is free damage, and against pld you need all you can get.

Also remember the moment he is asleep to aspir & dispel. every time. less mp he has less he can heal himself, also if he has to use his tp for mp, 1 less WS you have to worry about.

One thing to watch out for, Holy II.... It can hurt, be ready to recover once it happens.

Rinse, Repeat the above it is a very long fight and not an easy one at all, but can be done.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-28 20:55:42
Link | Citer | R

You could only hit 87 mph?

Twice in 1 day. Too good. But really, 10 months.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-11-28 21:33:50
Link | Citer | R

So close.

[+]