Forum » FFXI » General » Utsusemi macro
Utsusemi macro
First Page 2
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-05 13:25:47
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so I finally got DNC to 74, and now have access to Ni...awesome! However, the macro just ain't working as I expected, here's what I have:

/recast "Utsusemi: Ni"
/recast "Utsusemi: Ichi"
/nin "Utsusemi: Ni" <me>
/wait 1
/nin "Utsusemi: Ichi" <me>

Ok, so I have them both on the same macro for space saving reasons, as well as familiarity. The /wait is in there because for some reason, if it's not, I get "unable to cast spells", even though it seems like if Ni's timer isn't up it should just automatically cast Ichi, but doesn't. Lag on my end, I guess?

And the weirder thing, is that sometimes it just skips Ni altogether, even if I have no shadows up at all and both recasts are 0, just goes right to Ichi. Why would it do that?

Anyways, noobish question I'm sure, but as I've never used Ni I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Suggestions?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-05 13:29:37
Link | Citer | R

Lol just make an Ichi and Ni one. ><;
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-05 13:33:03
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:

I will if I can't get this to work right at all, but would rather try and keep them together on one if at all possible...been using the same macros in the same places for months and months now with DNC, and whenever I move ***around it *** me up for days.

Rowland said:
Try putting a /wait .5 between the /recast ichi and /nin Ni

Didn't know you could do .5 waits, thought it had to be whole numbers...
 Fairy.Bruser
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-05-05 13:33:52
Link | Citer | R

I usually have /recast at the end.
Maybe do to lag or pressing the button a bunch of times causes to skip?
I noticed sometimes on my /equip macros, it tend to skip an /equip once in a while.
Equips everything but that one in the middle or the second from the last, its random.

I suggest using two macros, what you got that you need to save macro buttons for XD

Try placing the recasts at the end of the macro.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-05-05 13:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Haseyo said:

Aye
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-05 13:38:51
Link | Citer | R

Or... Cast from the spell menu...
Or... Get Windower and use the Recast plugin.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-05 13:39:29
Link | Citer | R

Bruser said:
I noticed sometimes on my /equip macros, it tend to skip an /equip once in a while.
Equips everything but that one in the middle or the second from the last, its random.

Yeah, that happens to me too, swapping Dusk Gloves for Dancer's Bangles for steps and CObra Unit Cap for Dancer's Tiara for Samba's. I just chalk that up to lag, I know that /waits are long enough since it works most of the time.

And yes, I know, make two macros...I just tried to keep them together as I use a G11, and when I need shadows I press G1, been that way since level 24, and making a new macro is gonna make me remap every other one, which have ALSO pretty much been that way since 24. Just trying to avoid *** myself up for a few days getting used to new buttons and all.

So, outside of "make two macros" any other ideas. Or pretty much "make two macros" the only possible answer to this question?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-05 13:43:00
Link | Citer | R

Rowland said:
Try the wait .5! It works!

KK will do ^^
 Asura.Hatheron
Serveur: Asura
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-05 13:43:28
Link | Citer | R

I ran into a similar issue trying to create a dual-purpose macro for nukes for my SCH. I set the macro up similar to yours and ran into the same issue with the second spell not activating if the first spell fails. Here was an example of my macro:

/ma "Stone IV" <t>
/ma "Stone III" <t>
/equip main "Earth staff"
/equip sub "Bugard strap +1"
/recast "Stone IV"
/recast "Stone III"

The reason I tried to get this to work was so I could hit one macro for nukes for my SCH to save space. I currently have both spells separate, but if there was a way to consolidate them into one macro, please let us know. XD
 Asura.Vespera
By Asura.Vespera 2009-05-05 13:43:32
Link | Citer | R

Dracondria said:
Um... "/nin "Utsusemi: Ichi" <me>"? Shouldn't it be /ma?

Either work. Only difference is /nin is specifically for ninjutsu.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-05 13:43:48
Link | Citer | R

Dracondria said:

/nin and /ma both work for ninja spells ^^

Hatheron said:
The reason I tried to get this to work was so I could hit one macro for nukes for my SCH to save space.

Yeah, I'm gonna be doing the same thing for my SCH when I get it higher ^^
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-05 13:45:43
Link | Citer | R

:O I never knew that, good to know lol
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-05 14:03:45
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dracondria said:

/nin and /ma both work for ninja spells ^^

Hatheron said:
The reason I tried to get this to work was so I could hit one macro for nukes for my SCH to save space.

Yeah, I'm gonna be doing the same thing for my SCH when I get it higher ^^

From me to you...

OMG tons of macros for SCH! I have one macro book completely filled and I have never had to create such elaborate macros as I've had to do for SCH. I'm sure this isn't news for the common mage, but I'm just like x.x

I also stack 'Light Arts' with 'Addendum: White,' 'Dark Arts' with 'Addendum: Black,' and the complimentary strategems are all stacks together as well. That way, I only have to hit one macro when I want to halve spell cost, or recast, etc. whether I'm in Dark or Light Arts. The other effect will just fail due to not being in the correct Arts.

Sorry to turn a NIN thread into a SCH one, but I find stacking spells in a macro very applicable to any mage.
 Gilgamesh.Hysoka
user: Hysoka
By Gilgamesh.Hysoka 2009-05-05 14:12:04
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

/wait 1

What happens if both ichi and ni are up ?.. Wouldnt you screw 3 shadows by usin em in one single maccro ?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-05 14:12:23
Link | Citer | R

Hatheron said:
From me to you...

OMG tons of macros for SCH! I have one macro book completely filled and I have never had to create such elaborate macros as I've had to do for SCH. I'm sure this isn't news for the common mage, but I'm just like x.x

I also stack 'Light Arts' with 'Addendum: White,' 'Dark Arts' with 'Addendum: Black,' and the complimentary strategems are all stacks together as well. That way, I only have to hit one macro when I want to halve spell cost, or recast, etc. whether I'm in Dark or Light Arts. The other effect will just fail due to not being in the correct Arts.

Sorry to turn a NIN thread into a SCH one, but I find stacking spells in a macro very applicable to any mage.

Yeah, I stack the arts and addendums together as well. Since I haven't gotten into the Elemental Stave thing yet, I have the Gear swaps (MND vs. INT gear) on the CTRL side, and the /ja's on the ALT side...so when I need to do white magic ***I CTRL 9 and then ALT 9, same for black but with 0.

Working well so far, but of course when I Hit 51 I'm gonna be gear swapping all over the place lol
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-05 14:14:45
Link | Citer | R

Hysoka said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

/wait 1

What happens if both ichi and ni are up ?.. Wouldnt you screw 3 shadows by usin em in one single maccro ?

What happens is that if both are up, you start casting the first one. After the /wait, the second spell fails since you are currently casting the first spell.

However, if the first spell is not up, but the second one is, you'll get an error message stating the first spell is not ready, and then you will proceed casting the second spell.

This is what we are trying to achieve with these 'stacked' macros.
 Gilgamesh.Hysoka
user: Hysoka
By Gilgamesh.Hysoka 2009-05-05 14:20:04
Link | Citer | R

I see.

Couldnt do that tho,6 lines only and have to switch in haste gear when castin utsu spells.

But guess that's interesting if you dont have to swap any of your armor.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Serveur: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-05 14:20:47
Link | Citer | R

I personally would split them up. In most cases if you need to get Ichi up you have to time it with the mobs attacks so you don't get interrupted. That will be a lot harder to do with the extra /wait and time it takes to trigger the whole macro.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-05 14:24:01
Link | Citer | R

Excesspain said:
I personally would split them up. In most cases if you need to get Ichi up you have to time it with the mobs attacks so you don't get interrupted. That will be a lot harder to do with the extra /wait and time it takes to trigger the whole macro.

Yeah, I get what your saying. As DNC I'm not really tanking so it's not critical for me (I don't even use shadows half the time unless I'm not in a full party or fighting AGA/AOE spamming mobs). It was mainly just for consolidation and ease of use.
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-05 14:32:41
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Hatheron said:
From me to you...

Yeah, I stack the arts and addendums together as well. Since I haven't gotten into the Elemental Stave thing yet, I have the Gear swaps (MND vs. INT gear) on the CTRL side, and the /ja's on the ALT side...so when I need to do white magic ***I CTRL 9 and then ALT 9, same for black but with 0.

Working well so far, but of course when I Hit 51 I'm gonna be gear swapping all over the place lol

I play on xbox, so without access to a windower, I'm limited with macro lines. So, to maximize macros, I get really smart with my gear swaps.

Without getting into too much detail, I have different macro sets assigned to different 'familys' of spells. Once macro set has all Helices/Storms, one all Cures/WHM buffs, one all enfeebles, one all RDM only spells, one nukes and so on. Then, I have my "home base" macro set. This home base includes Sublimation, Arts, strategems, essential spells (invis, sneak, sandstorm [macro in desert boots for movement speed], klimaform), and macros that redirect me to my other macro sets. Like I said, it sounds very complicated, but bear with me.

If I want to cast Stone 3 on the fly, here is the series of macros I hit. These also including my gear swaps.

1. Dark Arts (Macro Set 1)
/equip legs "Druid slops"
/equip hands "Cobra Unit cuffs"
/equip feet "Custom M Boots"
/ja "Addendum: Black" <me>
/ja "Dark Arts" <me>
/recast "Dark Arts"

2. Nukes (Macro Set 1)
/equip back "Rainbow cape"
/equip waist "Penitent's rope"
/equip ring1 "Hale ring"
/equip ring2 "Zircon ring"
/equip neck "Elemental torque"
/macro set 5

3. Stone 3 (Macro Set 5)
/ma "Stone III" <t>
/equip main "Earth staff"
/equip sub "Bugard strap +1"
/recast "Stone III"
/recast "Parsimony"
/macro set 1

In this way, I have to hit three macros to re-gear myself to cast a particular spell, but it's a way to keep all my spells organized. When I first created this, it took my forever to get a spell off. But now, I've mastered my own maze of macros. But still, a means to simplify them and still keep my gear swaps would be awesome.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-05 14:52:49
Link | Citer | R

I really like seperate. Know exactly what your doing. Plus ichi->ichi better when you can do it. Save ni for when AOE hits or they go down too fast. Much better recast timer. Also might suggest putting in evasion and/or haste into the maccros.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-05 14:58:04
Link | Citer | R

Halloween said:
why do u need the /wait between the ni and ichi casts? Is there a reason for that?

my macro is just:

seems like this would be more useful since u don't have to wait the 1 second to start casting Ichi, and you won't get possibly interrupted because of that 1 second.

Small lag can leave you still trying and failing to cast Ni when you go to cast ichi
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-05-05 14:59:56
Link | Citer | R

Excesspain said:

^this

Most of the cases you need to rely on :ichi you will have to time it exactly, like starting to cast 0.5 before mob shows hitting on your screen or so. Wouldnt be possible if you have one macro.

For the recast thing, i always use that after the actually /ma line because Lag fked me up sometimes and ate the lines after the first

for what it doesnt work for in this setup, probably due to the nature of getting the "Unable to cast spells at the time." message - ah btw if you put the /recast at the end you dont need /wait 0.5s

Greetz ('-')/
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-05 15:06:02
Link | Citer | R

Halloween said:
why do u need the /wait between the ni and ichi casts? Is there a reason for that?

my macro is just:

seems like this would be more useful since u don't have to wait the 1 second to start casting Ichi, and you won't get possibly interrupted because of that 1 second.

You'd want a /wait macro if you're macroing in haste gear. >.>;;; Because casting spells with haste on at the beginning of the spell doesn't effect the recast timer. You need the haste gear on at the end of the spell to reduce recast time.

Only fast cast effects spells at the beginning of the casting.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-05 15:07:17
Link | Citer | R

You can start casting and then have the /eq gear on the next lines w/o /waits or anything.
First Page 2