users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Wyrm Armet -1
Wyrm Armet -1
 Asura.Chanceikin
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-01-17 16:04:39
Link | Citer | R

According to both wikis, Wyrm Armet -1 falls in Dyna-Valk. I have literally done like 60+ runs in Valkurm and have never even seen this thing fall. I do dynamis every day (like all smart people these days), can somebody please tell me if there's some type of mob I should target for the drop? Is it like Xarc where if you hit an nm with the job you need, you can force the drops?

Any help getting my hands on this thing would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
 Bismarck.Rydin
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ryden
By Bismarck.Rydin 2012-01-17 16:06:53
Link | Citer | R

Nope just bad luck. Stuff's random to all hell. Back before the Dynamis adjustments, we'd gotten like 8 -1 nin hands in bubu in one run. Now post dyna adjustments, I've not seen a single pair drop. Only real advice is to just kill more I guess lol
 Bahamut.Zangada
Serveur: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-01-17 16:13:19
Link | Citer | R

I've noticed ep and dc mobs tend to drop certian af-1 more. I've seen alot of drg and dnc from dc.
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-01-17 16:16:17
Link | Citer | R

The trick to anything FFXI related is to not expect it or care about it. The more you care about a certain drop, the less the chances will be of you getting it.

Wyrm Armet -1 indeed drops from Dynamis Valkurm. To each -1 piece there used to be a specific set of Nightmare mobs that could drop them. However, I believe the new Dynamis was changed so Nightmare mobs can randomly drop any -1 piece from the specific area they are in (meaning the DRG Helm -1 is now a 1/20 chance).

You probably just lack luck, so GL!
[+]
 Asura.Chanceikin
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-01-17 16:20:11
Link | Citer | R

Thanks, at this point I'd be willing to settle for superstition. I have seen every other drop in that zone. I also farm Bubu a lot and have seen every single drop in that zone. It's just crazy to go that many times and not see it.
 Cerberus.Kaht
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2012-01-17 16:50:08
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said: »
To each -1 piece there used to be a specific set of Nightmare mobs that could drop them.

This was the case with belts and capes, but never the case with -1's unless I am terribly mistaken. I have never seen any info to indicate otherwise.
 Fenrir.Evildemon
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2012-01-17 16:56:20
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kaht said: »
Odin.Sheelay said: »
To each -1 piece there used to be a specific set of Nightmare mobs that could drop them.

This was the case with belts and capes, but never the case with -1's unless I am terribly mistaken. I have never seen any info to indicate otherwise.

No you are quite right, there was never any concrete proof in old dynamis days to disprove that only certain nightmare mobs drop could drop certain -1's.

As for drg -1, I had one back in the day on another character it exists but wasn't that common in my experiences.
 Caitsith.Sai
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Saiii
By Caitsith.Sai 2012-01-17 17:32:39
Link | Citer | R

Just turn it into +2? Whats the point of -1 now anyways?
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-17 17:43:05
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Sai said: »
Just turn it into +2? Whats the point of -1 now anyways?

Whats the point in using 50 items to upgrade from NQ to +2, when you can save time by saving up forgotton items, +1 your NQs, and overall spend less forgotton items.
If you wanted to upgrade 10 NQs straight to +2, you would need 500 forgotton items, and only 300 for 10 +1s to +2s.

The only problem I noticed with upgrading to +1 though, you got to wait a full week to do one at a time, I currently have 8 -1s waiting to upgrade Relic, but that is ok, because while I wait for the weeks to go by, I can save up forgotton items and have enough to upgrade every single one when I get them.

I don't believe in buying forgotton items, they are very easy to obtain and the price they sit at is too high in my opinion.

Edit: To comment on the actual topic, it seems like some gear are seriously rare, while others you will see at least once every run.
A good example of this is Taurus in Tavnazia, I have farmed a good deal of these in groups of 4-6, and gear like Hydra Mittens, Hydra Harness, and some of the NPC gear are very common, the enmity + and - gear are rarer, and I have yet to see a Hydra Hauberk or Hydra Sollerets drop, while Hydra Salade is exceptionally common.

Keep trying man, it will drop eventually.
[+]
By Creecreelo 2012-01-17 18:05:21
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, imo I feel that Valk is kinda borked atm with its AF2-1 drops. Cor, Blu, Sch, Pup drop way more compared to all the other jobs. I'm not saying the other jobs don't drop, but they definitely do not drop as frequently as those four jobs in Valk.

It's just odd because our Bubu and Tav runs generally always see a much wider spectrum of AF2-1, and the AF2-1 seems to just drop more frequently as well.

We've only seen around 4 Wyrm Armet -1s in total in all of our Valk runs (probably around 30+ runs, going 0/60 is pretty insane lol), so they do exist! However, it may be best to just say screw it and upgrade the NQ to +2 to get it over with.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-01-17 18:24:46
Link | Citer | R

I agree totally
 Asura.Chanceikin
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-01-17 22:30:03
Link | Citer | R

Some one I run with mentioned he dropped three armet -1's last night in solo - target was goobue JA and WS window, will let you guys know if they fall

And for the guy who said to +2 - on my server, thoughts are going around 70k average, so getting the -1 saves you 1.4m per head. Now if you can farm that while farming touches and coins, why not try for an extra 1.4m?
 Asura.Chanceikin
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-01-18 08:03:14
Link | Citer | R

Update: Didn't fall last night doing goobbues, but I did actually notice af -1 drop that I wasn't used to seeing fall. I've seen melee crown -1 and bard roundlet -1 fall before, but on the mobs I was targeting they were very hard to come by. There might be some merit to different mobs dropping different pieces, until I test a little more, I'll just keep hammering away. If anyone notices a trend with armet -1, I'd appreciate them replying.

Thanks again
 Asura.Chanceikin
By Asura.Chanceikin 2012-01-23 09:29:57
Link | Citer | R

It's confirmed. Goobbues drop the Armet -1. 5 dropped in 3 runs. As opposed to 0 for around 60 when I was doing Treants > Funguars > Sheep. So, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that drops "can" be mob specific. Perhaps Goobbues are not the only mobs that drop it, but they are the only mob I have seen drop it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-01-23 12:39:47
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the info. I'll be needing to get one of these and it's far easier to target it than to run in blind and waste valuable namis time.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-23 12:50:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Chanceikin said: »
It's confirmed. Goobbues drop the Armet -1. 5 dropped in 3 runs. As opposed to 0 for around 60 when I was doing Treants > Funguars > Sheep. So, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that drops "can" be mob specific. Perhaps Goobbues are not the only mobs that drop it, but they are the only mob I have seen drop it.

I do Hippos, Treants, and Funguars. I got it from a Fung, for sure (it was only a week ago). Just saying.

In my experience the drops seem almost "time based". We'll have 1000000 of the samurai sandal looking belt garbage one run and not see it for a week.