Please Help Me Optimize My Gear

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Please help me optimize my gear
Please help me optimize my gear
First Page 2
By Atramortis 2012-01-02 13:49:20
Link | Citer | R

Please help me optimize my gear. I am up for constructive criticism as long as it helps me improve.
Right now I have.

Weapons
Main - Hochomasamune (not sure what to use instead of this)
Off hand - Kamome
Head - Iga Zukin +1
Feet - Ballerines
Hands - Iga Tekko +1 (just bought dust gloves +1, right choice?)
Legs - Iga Hakama +2
Ears - Suppa/Brutal
Ammo - Qirmiz Tathlum
Neck - Agasaya's Collar
Rings - Rajas/Epona's
Back - Atheling
Waist - Twilight Belt
Body - trying to decide between Ninja Chainmail +1 vs Loki's Kaftan I have both.

Still working on iga feet +2
Working on Blade: hi too.

Any Major things you would change? this is my tp build. Trying to perfect it before working on ws build. I do not have as much time to do group stuff as I used to. Have a young baby so only get 1-2 hours a couple nights a week. So any ah or 99 nin/dnc soloable gear is a plus. I do not mind a hard solo. would like to know group stuff too so i know what to work towards.

I am mainly looking for inside of abyss but suggestions for out side abyss welcome too.

for Atmas I mainly use RR, VV and Apoc I'll take advice on these too but i think thats the best combo?

Thanks for any help.
First time using this forum :)
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-01-02 13:55:52
Link | Citer | R

Ninja Chainmail +1, Gnarled Horn Atma instead of VV, Koga Tekko +2.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-02 13:58:30
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Koga Tekko +2.

Dusk glove / +1 until you can access these.

Agasaya's is a fine neck piece, but you could also use Iga Erimaki / Rancor collar.
Byakko's Haidate augmented with Critical hit Damage +4 and Iga kyahan +2 are good to TP in also.
By Shaidalyn 2012-01-02 14:01:25
Link | Citer | R

Iga feet +1 > Ballerines, you should already be at haste cap with Dusk+1 over the AF3 gloves.
Also, Rancor Collar > Agasaya.
Rest as above.
 Shiva.Schatzie
Serveur: Shiva
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-01-02 16:10:19
Link | Citer | R

optimal TP set in my book:

kannagi (or str arisui works)/ kamome / qirmiz tathlum

iga +2 head / rancor collar or hope torque / brutal / suppanomimi

ninja chain +1 / koga tekko +2 / rajas / epona's

atheling, twi belt, well augmented byakkos or +2 pants / usukane

make this a set to aim for, and you should be good to go
By Atramortis 2012-01-02 16:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for all the advice. Can't believe how many more responces I got over the site I'm used to.

Why do you say Rancor Collar > Agasaya? Is Iga Erimaki better?
If acc is more important what about Hope Torque?
Thx again
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-01-02 16:12:54
Link | Citer | R

Rancor = Crit Rate+5%, but also +10% Damage Taken. It's a high end DD piece, but double-edged.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2012-01-02 16:23:58
Link | Citer | R

Rancor = Crit Rate+5%, but also +10% Damage Taken. It's a high end DD piece, but double-edged.

I don't know why people say this. 10% damage added isn't gonna do anything that your healers can't keep up with. If they can't... get new healers that don't afk every half second. if you take 500 damage, with rancor you'd take 550, that's not game breaking in any way. If you're gonna get hit with a big nuke or a big tp move, there's almost always time to switch to a -dt set. lrn2usemacrosandgetbetterhealers.

Shiva.Schatzie said: »
optimal TP set in my book:

kannagi (or str arisui works)/ kamome / qirmiz tathlum

iga +2 head / rancor collar or hope torque / brutal / suppanomimi

ninja chain +1 / koga tekko +2 / rajas / epona's

atheling, twi belt, well augmented byakkos or +2 pants / usukane

make this a set to aim for, and you should be good to go

i'd say this would be a good start.

katana/katana/empty/qirmiz tathlum
iga +2/rancor/brutal/suppy
Ninja Chainmail(+1)/koga tekko +2/rajas/epona's
atheling/twilight/byakko's(with 4% crit rate)/iga +2

or

katana/katana/empty/qirmiz tathlum
iga +2/rancor/brutal/suppy
Ninja Chainmail(+1)/koga tekko +2/rajas/epona's
atheling/twilight/iga +2/usu

might be able to replace atheling with rancor mantle and rancor collar with hope torque, but i think atheling mantle's 3% DA would do more. Would have to look at that, but i'm too lazy atm D:.
By Atramortis 2012-01-02 17:02:50
Link | Citer | R

This is being so helpful. Lots of great device.
So looking at legs
byakko's(with 4% crit rate) vs Iga Hakama +2
Iga offers more haste and more acc byakko's still have great acc with dex but Iga has acc as well as +katana skill. Is the crit rate worth the trade off? To make byakko's better over Iga +2?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-01-02 17:11:11
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Gimpness said: »

I don't know why people say this. 10% damage added isn't gonna do anything that your healers can't keep up with. If they can't... get new healers that don't afk every half second. if you take 500 damage, with rancor you'd take 550, that's not game breaking in any way. If you're gonna get hit with a big nuke or a big tp move, there's almost always time to switch to a -dt set. lrn2usemacrosandgetbetterhealers.

What I said is fact. I didn't post an opinion for or against, but if you really want to get into it, sure why not.

10% Damage over every DD in a single party is 40~50% more damage taken. On a macro scale, that is a large pull, for a minutia increase, on a mage. If a healer can't keep up with a party, it doesn't mean the healer sucks, it means something is wrong with the setup. Sometimes it might be a weak healer, sometimes it might be dumbass DDs, and other times it could be poor gear choices.

People are way too taken with the idea of maximizing themselves, even if it means harming party/alliance mechanics. Seriously, you're a single cog in a large machine, treat it that way.

And if you're perfect enough to hit that macro every time you take a hit, power to you, but I have better things to worry about.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-02 18:00:41
Link | Citer | R

Rajas over Shinobi if forcing latent is an issue.

When you have marches. Iga Hakama +2/Usukane Sune-ate as appropriate, but with Rancor and Iga Ningi +2 this is generally the better option. You can also use this as a TP set pending Koga Hakama +2 if you don't have full buffs, but you may want to use Ninja Chainmail +1 in that case.
[+]
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2012-01-02 18:26:56
Link | Citer | R

oh, i didn't realize hakama +2 were 7% dw, so yea, use those when you don't have marches (almost always :3... i never get brds Q_Q).

What I said is fact. I didn't post an opinion for or against, but if you really want to get into it, sure why not.

10% Damage over every DD in a single party is 40~50% more damage taken. On a macro scale, that is a large pull, for a minutia increase, on a mage. If a healer can't keep up with a party, it doesn't mean the healer sucks, it means something is wrong with the setup. Sometimes it might be a weak healer, sometimes it might be dumbass DDs, and other times it could be poor gear choices.

People are way too taken with the idea of maximizing themselves, even if it means harming party/alliance mechanics. Seriously, you're a single cog in a large machine, treat it that way.

And if you're perfect enough to hit that macro every time you take a hit, power to you, but I have better things to worry about.

most of the time it does mean the healer sucks. Yea, sure, sometimes DDs do just suck... but hopefully if they do, people are smart enough to put them on a job that they can be out of the way. And if the person in question won't do that... personally I'm not going to be using them for anything that I do, I would hope most people are sensible and would do the same.

DDs engage hit a macro or two and disengage, if they take damage either be smart enough to use temps or don't engage at all. Shadows and Seigan/Third-eye are your friend :3.

In today's age of ffxi, it takes a day or two to make a job so it's usable for most things. No, it won't be amazing and have everything, but it should be good enough to at least wear a rancor collar. If it isn't... use a different job lol.

Sure, sometimes DDs get one shotted... that's not the healer's fault, but that was gonna happen anyway... so why does it matter.

If everyone held back because their healers sucked or their tank couldn't get/keep hate on something... it'd be to slow and you'd wipe. If you have to hold back (barring a few things where you *do* need to hold back regardless of who you're playing with) then I'd suggest finding new people.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-02 18:34:17
Link | Citer | R

As a healer I wish more melee used Souleater everytime it was up. Healing gets boring sometimes and I wanna see some pain challenge. :(
[+]
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2012-01-02 18:34:53
Link | Citer | R

mnk/drk souleater hf!

KEEP ME ALIVE OR YOU SUCK
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-02 18:36:26
Link | Citer | R

I went to a dynamis one time(old) and a mnk was subbing drk, so I asked him to use souleater every time it was up.

That was the best dynamis run I ever went to. Was so fun
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2012-01-02 18:38:00
Link | Citer | R

I remember souleater hf zerging dl one time :3 chainspell cures was the only time i wasn't horridly bored in dyna on rdm (or in general i guess...)
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2012-01-02 19:12:07
Link | Citer | R

If you don't have Ninja Chainmail +1, would you recommend Mextil Harness over NQ?
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-02 19:33:11
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
If you don't have Ninja Chainmail +1, would you recommend Mextil Harness over NQ?
No
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-02 19:39:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
NQ is also 5% DW.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-02 20:00:41
Link | Citer | R

oh, i didn't realize hakama +2 were 7% dw
I'm still baffled by that value even though I'm absolutely certain of its validity. I can only guess that SE in their infinite wisdom decided to make body + legs total 10% instead of making body useful and giving legs enough DW to clearly outpace augmented Shura +1 instead of potentially losing to the latter with uncapped hitrate.

It's nice that the new BIS legs option isn't too awful to get at least, but still such an odd value.
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-01-02 20:07:23
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I went to a dynamis one time(old) and a mnk was subbing drk, so I asked him to use souleater every time it was up.

That was the best dynamis run I ever went to. Was so fun

I had a friend who would bust out a Kculb meriting at mamool jas when souleater was up. Healers always told him to stop/let him die. He would have love you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2012-01-02 20:15:02
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
oh, i didn't realize hakama +2 were 7% dw
I'm still baffled by that value even though I'm absolutely certain of its validity. I can only guess that SE in their infinite wisdom decided to make body + legs total 10% instead of making body useful and giving legs enough DW to clearly outpace augmented Shura +1 instead of potentially losing to the latter with uncapped hitrate.

It's nice that the new BIS legs option isn't too awful to get at least, but still such an odd value.

yea... :/ still bummed body's only 3% ;_;

hmmmmmm i just realized it wouldn't be that hard to make an hp down set for nin since it's got shura gear... :3

what would the code be to automatically take it down then put back on the appropriate gear (engaged or idle) in spellcast? :x.. or would i have to use autoexec for that (i could never get that working D:< i suck)
By Atramortis 2012-01-02 20:24:37
Link | Citer | R

So I'm pritty sure on most slots. Only ones not 100% sure on are

main weapon (besides blade:hi) can't get right away

Legs
byakko's(with 4% crit rate) vs Iga Hakama +2 vs Koga Hakama +2 and mind me asking why? Still really confused over these ones.

And neck
Rancor Collar vs Iga Erimaki

This has been a great conversation. Hope others will find use in it too, has helped me alot
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-02 20:45:03
Link | Citer | R

Dual Wield increases attack speed (duh) and to a lesser extent rate of TP gain over time, though the latter is penalized whereas it's not for haste. 7% is a fairly sizeable chunk and all three setups cap haste, so it's a question of what other stats you can gain while still capping haste. The Koga build does still have an edge if you can't exploit Shinobi Ring, but it's much reduced.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Attack_speed#Caps

Explains why Koga is specifically useful in low-buff situations. Byakko's/Iga+2 vs Iga+2/Usukane is much closer than either one to Koga+2/Iga+2 and primarily depends on your total critrate and whether or not the 20 DEX gained in the Byakko's/Iga+2 setup is contributing to said critrate, with accuracy as a secondary concern.

Rancor Collar will generally beat Iga Erimaki. The only exception that immediately comes to mind would be if you're capped critrate, but that's not really practical outside of certain situations in Abyssea.
By Atramortis 2012-01-02 21:24:46
Link | Citer | R

So is this a really good setup?

Weapons
Main - ?
Off hand - Kamome
Head - Iga Zukin +1
Feet - Iga +1
Hands - Usukane
Legs - Iga Hakama +2
Ears - Suppa/Brutal
Ammo - Qirmiz Tathlum
Neck - Rancor Collar
Rings - Rajas/Epona's
Back - Atheling
Waist - Twilight Belt
Body - Ninja Chainmail +1

Am I getting this right?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-02 22:19:06
Link | Citer | R

hmmmmmm i just realized it wouldn't be that hard to make an hp down set for nin since it's got shura gear... :3
Depends on race/merits I guess. As a Hume with full HP merits the optimal HP down set (least inventory) takes 8 spaces and needs Shura Togi +1, meaning I'll probably go with 9 slots (Cursed Togi is still T0).

Quote:
what would the code be to automatically take it down then put back on the appropriate gear (engaged or idle) in spellcast? :x.. or would i have to use autoexec for that (i could never get that working D:< i suck)
Needs AutoExec. I have code for it in the latest version of my NIN xml but it's not on my Guildwork page yet, need to do that... maybe Wednesday x.x;
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2012-01-02 22:22:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Needs AutoExec. I have code for it in the latest version of my NIN xml but it's not on my Guildwork page yet, need to do that... maybe Wednesday x.x;

Q_Q gay

(at the risk of derailing yet another thread...) do you use spellcast for blu too? and if so is it there :x...

been looking for a good one cus i'm too lazy to make one from scratch... but had no luck so far.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-02 22:44:09
Link | Citer | R

I do, but it's not there... yet. Soon. Got a couple of projects I'm working on but getting it set up for 99 cap is on my to-do list.
First Page 2