First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-05-02 19:58:34
Link | Citer | R

Elkanah said:
I dont think it was right for SE to ban that many ppl.
They couldve caught the people, taken their items that were duped to glitch and said "dont do it again". to give those pllayers fire warnings

Listen my friend, not trying to be rude just hear me out. Do you see the ELUA, and that thing called the TOS?

Well SE's ffxi online tos had been misleading for years until they fixed things.

Now i do not want to hit a dead horse but those players got what they deserved. SE has never been lenient with glitch exploiters "never. I been plying for about 6 years the account I have now is not even my first account.

The point is there were glitches like the deliver box dupe where you could dupe gil or various items. All you had to do was cancel a delivery to someone the exact moment they went and got the item. This produced an duplicate and guess what people kept doing it and "gasp" got banned, temp banned etc. Then before the nomad moogles there was a glitch with a moogle appearing out of the mog house in lower jeuno and allowed you for touch it and i think sometimes change outside. there were only nomads in rabao, safehold , and norg at the time. someone exploited the glitch and created a third party program or hack where you could see the moogle any where and everyone was using it ti change jobs fast and or level quick in the dunes.. some players were banned , and again temp banned/suspended. want me to keep going on?

Now do you get why SE will not listen to you with their decision to ban players over this? in the tos it says to report glitches! not exploit them. salvage glitch was there for years SE knew players were taking advantage of it.

People who got banned temp banned or what ever you all deserved it. go cry and go emo or something.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 20:05:24
Link | Citer | R

Stanflame said:

Well SE's ffxi online tos had been misleading for years until they fixed things.

So I'm not the only one who remembers how ambigous it was. Anyone happen to have a copy of the old. The current one is pretty clear concise and short at least the things well ban you for section. Its kinda amazing how little there is on there compared to what people think are "bannable actions"
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 20:07:35
Link | Citer | R

Elkanah said:
I dont think it was right for SE to ban that many ppl.
They couldve caught the people, taken their items that were duped to glitch and said "dont do it again". to give those pllayers fire warnings

Hmmm apparently I was wrong some people actually are argueing for the clearly guilty
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-02 20:09:57
Link | Citer | R

Too tired to look for it atm, but im sure somewhere in POL, or maybe it was when you install the game SE clearly states that the character you create is not yours. No matter how much work you put in to (your) character, its still SE's and they can do whatever they want with it.

Again, too tired to look for it / dont remember where to look. Anyone else know where to find it?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 20:15:26
Link | Citer | R

Zanno said:
Too tired to look for it atm, but im sure somewhere in POL, or maybe it was when you install the game SE clearly states that the character you create is not yours. No matter how much work you put in to (your) character, its still SE's and they can do whatever they want with it.

Again, too tired to look for it / dont remember where to look. Anyone else know where to find it?

Its in the online ToS you can find it on the POL website. I believe is also stated in the part where letting someone else play your account or selling in game items/accounts is bannable
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-02 20:17:00
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, something like that. Bottom line i think was "You have no right to the character you make" or something.
[+]
 Odin.Gaea
Serveur: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-02 20:19:53
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
Gaea said:
You are, perhaps, the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE troll on FFXIAH to date. May a thousand HIV positive belly dancers do a ragtime in your mother's uterus.

Lol colorful as always gaea

I try. HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE people need to be illustrated properly.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 20:21:23
Link | Citer | R

Gaea said:
Dasva said:
Gaea said:
You are, perhaps, the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE troll on FFXIAH to date. May a thousand HIV positive belly dancers do a ragtime in your mother's uterus.

Lol colorful as always gaea

I try. HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE people need to be illustrated properly.

Do we get actually drawings next time. Go go ms paint retards!!!
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-02 20:34:37
Link | Citer | R

Let's take a little trip back to page 1 shall we?

Mabrook said:
1) There already is a petition out and you can see how it went >here<

How many people got banned? How many people signed the petition? That's right, less than half the people that were banned even signed the petition. As much as there were idiots that ranted and raved about the injustice of it all, the majority of people knew they got what they deserved and moved on with their lives. Get over it. Move on. STFU.

Oh and Dasva, you look like you're supporting Gaea's decision to abuse retards (which is something I actually agree with her on), except aren't you the retard she's abusing?

Edit: oh wait, you're not, ignore that last part.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-05-02 23:04:55
Link | Citer | R

=D ms paint ftw^
[+]
 Ifrit.Arawn
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2009-05-03 00:23:05
Link | Citer | R

Wow. I can understand all the people being upset they were caught duping and wanting their accounts back... However, most people with a brain realize that if you do something that is so clearly against the rules you'll get punished. I know I'm the 50th person thats said the exact same thing... Its like saying that an RMT that gets banned for engaging in RMT activity should get their account back and get a slap on the wrist. Or; some guy that finds a good way of making counterfeit money should get out of jail and get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again. Maybe you should try a petition to get their punishment reduced to a month or two banned.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-05-03 03:23:04
Link | Citer | R

I don't mean to contribute to the arguments here, but here's something interesting to note concerning SE and the FFXI player base:
Square Enix responds @ Allakhazam forums:
SquareEnix said:
We want to take this opportunity and assure our players that we are always striving to follow the hottest topics that are of interest within the community. As we are constantly reading the forums, feedback e-mail, and in-game reports we quickly became aware of the elemental resistance issue and the frustration it was causing. Unfortunately, it took us some time to coordinate exactly how to best address the issue with the development team which in turn made us unable to make any public announcements.

We are working hard to ensure that this lack of communication does not repeat itself in the future and would again like to apologize to our players for the delay. From everyone on the FINAL FANTASY XI team we would like to thank everyone for their continued support of the world of Vana'diel.

- Square Enix Community Team

Seeing as SE probably isn't stupid and actually bothers to browse the Allakhazam forums and listen to emails and GM reports to see what's going on, they most likely have had an earful of how unfair the duping incident was. Don't you think that perhaps, if they care this much about elemental resistance, they might entertain the thought that some players weren't happy with the results?

That being said, I believe SE did what it could to go by it's own ToS. I agree that "those who didn't participate/weren't aware shouldn't have been punished!" but I also am fully aware of the amount of human error in any judicial system; even in general society, not every criminal is prosecuted, and not every wrongly accused person goes unpunished. My sympathy goes out only to those wrongly accused, but absolute not to those who were fully aware that they were exploiting a glitch and did not make a move to report it.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-03 03:26:45
Link | Citer | R

Anye said:
My sympathy goes out only to those wrongly accused

So you're sorry for about 3 people then? :D
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-03 06:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Anye said:

Id be more likely to agree with an earlier post of 20-30 from what Ive read on the subject. Ironically enough more of the big time cheaters are posting how unfair it was that there buyers or peons got caught up in it then the people who got unfairly screwed over themselves. Not saying this redeems them but at least they trying to do some good. And yeah the resistance thing is a completely different issue. That effected almost everyone negatively and the number of poeple that werent against it was extremely small. Also note that allahkazam had to publicly shame them with that article to get action. While this issue is divided enough that they had 2 articles one for each side on the site. Also I might say people felt more strongly about the resistance thing (well those that knew) I know I sent a few complaints in and got others to do so.
 Cerberus.Radaghast
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-05-03 06:05:12
Link | Citer | R

Arteus said:
just an idea but i know a few people who got banned, im suggesting we make a petition to get them back and if it isnt carried through threaten to boycot the game unbtil it is ^^

They were dumb *** who were caught cheating, and got exactly what they deserved. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

your friends fail.
[+]
 Hades.Jacinda
Serveur: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-03 06:08:59
Link | Citer | R

Blazza said:
Anye said:

3 players? Are you sure? I thought it was 2 and a mule?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm going back to sleep now.)
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-03 06:13:16
Link | Citer | R

Jacinda said:
Blazza said:
Anye said:

3 players? Are you sure? I thought it was 2 and a mule?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm going back to sleep now.)

Hey mules are people too. In the end the world may never know. Id suspect that most that got screwed over gave up disgusted. Im bettin only people that started over were the people that accepted that they were wrong an got caught in there calculated risk
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-05-03 06:17:04
Link | Citer | R

Radaghast said:
Arteus said:
just an idea but i know a few people who got banned, im suggesting we make a petition to get them back and if it isnt carried through threaten to boycot the game unbtil it is ^^

They were dumb *** who were caught cheating, and got exactly what they deserved. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

your friends fail.

User submitted image
 Cerberus.Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-05-03 06:29:04
Link | Citer | R

Umm.. k... ITG cause I pointed out... what.. the truth? His friends are fail? k. Does that make you an internet smart guy?

Honestly, after reading some previous pages... I have one question.

To all those people who whine, and complain about SE, FFXI, people getting banned, undercutters, bots, this, and that, SE doesn't care.. blah blah blah.........

...... why the hell do you even play?

Seriously... if I "played" something that had me doing all that nonsense in a forum, getting pissed, whining about how gay/unfair/nazi SE is, but are still logging in for Limbus tomorrow, ....... I'd quit...

If a game, and the people who ran it, was that ***, how could it possibly be fun for you?

Just because I think cheaters got what the deserved, and that the OP is an asshat for trying to push it off as SE's fault, doesn't make me a troll, but I'm flattered you'd think so anyway. :)

Good day.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-03 06:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Radaghast said:

Seriously... if I "played" something that had me doing all that nonsense in a forum, getting pissed, whining about how gay/unfair/nazi SE is, but are still logging in for Limbus tomorrow, ....... I'd quit...

Sorry but arent you doing just that on the other side?
Blindphleb said:

User submitted image

Oh and this ***is just hilarious regardless of context
 Cerberus.Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-05-03 06:44:01
Link | Citer | R

I suppose in a certain light. I'd like to think that I'm directed more twords the person outside the game, rather than the game itself, or anything really to do with it. I understand the paradox, of course. But I'm not complaining about FFXI per se'. So in a way I can rationalize *poorly* on that small ledge of reasoning. Plus I'm not complaining so much as I am genuinely curious. If I was involved in any sort of activity that caused me this kind of clear distress, and butthurt, I would cease said activity quickly.

And I completely agree on the picture. I did have a good lol.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-03 06:57:48
Link | Citer | R

User submitted image
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-03 07:00:35
Link | Citer | R

Kungfuhustle said:
User submitted image

Seriously where do you people find all these funny as pics?
 Cerberus.Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-05-03 07:04:57
Link | Citer | R

sup /b/
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-03 07:07:17
Link | Citer | R

User submitted image
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-05-03 07:24:33
Link | Citer | R

You got ITG'd because your post was extremely rude to the OP without need. Would you say this to a person face to face?

I know acting like you have no emotions or decency is the "In" thing these days, but dang try to put yourself in their shoes once in awhile.

It's completely within your right to have whatever opinion you want in the matter, but that doesn't mean you should say whatever it is your heart desires.

Golden rule man ... Golden rule.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-03 07:27:29
Link | Citer | R

Sorry to sound like a n00b but ITG?
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-05-03 08:00:02
Link | Citer | R

I just found a video of the meeting between the GM that let the salvage dupe out of the bag and his SE's CEO.
check it out here

for those of you that can't visit that website:

Yōichi Wada: Sit down [GM] Bob
Yōichi Wada: I'm not happy, Bob. Not happy. Ask me why.
[GM] Bob: Okay. Why?
Yōichi Wada: Why what? Be specific, Bob.
[GM] Bob: Why are you unhappy?
Yōichi Wada: Your customers make me unhappy.
[GM] Bob: Why? Have you gotten complaints?
Yōichi Wada: Complaints I can handle. What I can't handle is your customers' inexplicable knowledge of Salvage's inner workings. They're experts! Experts, Bob! Exploiting every loophole! Dodging every obstacle! They're penetrating the bureaucracy!
[GM] Bob: Did I do something illegal?
Yōichi Wada: [begrudgingly] No.
[GM] Bob: Are you saying we shouldn't make the game fun?
Yōichi Wada: [pacing back and forth] The law requires that I answer no.
[GM] Bob: We're supposed to help people have fun!
Yōichi Wada: We're supposed to help *our* people! Starting with our stockholders, Bob! Who's helping them out, Huh?

I'm surprised you all have sooooo much fun in a game that slows you down in so many ways just for the sake of slowing you down. I know I have loads of fun farming diorite for hours on end to see nothing in my inventory slot, great piece of game design there, how about those starting missions for the new ACP pretty sweet huh? How about single digit drop rates in BC's hot ***I'm in love with this game. Seriously the only thing these banned people did was find a way to increase abysmal drop rates to levels that they probably should have been anyway. To those that think this type of game design is the most fun they've had since merry-go-'rounds? I hope I see you walking out of the insurance office with a big *** smile on your face like you just spent 3 hours farming diorite. ^^b useless running around is FUN!!!

For me it's the friends and family I've played with that keep me here.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-05-03 08:00:49
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
Sorry to sound like a n00b but ITG?

Internet Tough Guy
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-03 08:22:42