Drk Resolution GS / Builds

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Drk Resolution GS / Builds
Drk Resolution GS / Builds
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 50 51 52
By Otomis 2013-01-16 15:42:51
Link | Citer | R

Okies math whizzes: Multi-Hit set vs STP Sets: Seems like Multi hit wins yes regardless of the event. if you are TP spamming like VW or abyssea will allow you to TP spam more. and in event where you need to hit things to build TP would still be better then STP gear set?

EDIT: Oh forgot to say: /War Since multi hit vs Doing /Sam for STP build.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Serveur: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-01-17 05:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Depends what weapon. Gains from hitbuilding are relative. Going from 7-hit to 6-hit isn't as valuable as 6-hit to 5-hit.

Rag/Calad blow off hitbuilding because they're starting from an 8-hit and it just isn't valuable for them. Vanilla 480s are right on the button for 5-hitting, but can go either way. OAT is all about hitbuilding just for how it better interacts with the cycle rate reduction from multihit it already has.

You have to be careful when putting on things like Enif for OAT that you aren't getting most of your gains from accuracy instead of the QA. These are situations where you eat pizza or even sushi instead and look to make up the attack loss by putting gear attack under your buffs.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-01-17 06:55:44
Link | Citer | R

Otomis said: »
Okies math whizzes: Multi-Hit set vs STP Sets: Seems like Multi hit wins yes regardless of the event. if you are TP spamming like VW or abyssea will allow you to TP spam more. and in event where you need to hit things to build TP would still be better then STP gear set?

EDIT: Oh forgot to say: /War Since multi hit vs Doing /Sam for STP build.

It's about total damage. Multi-hit building end up giving you the same average WS rate as super high (50+) sTP builds while having to sacrifice less in gear slots. For weapons like Rag getting a 7-hit is piss easy yet getting a 6-hit requires you focus on sTP in slots that could things like QA / TA / DA. Stack enough QA/TA/DA and your average time to WS ends up being the same as if you had a 6-hit, but you get more melee damage from the extra hits.
 Lakshmi.Kaitai
user: Kaitai
By Lakshmi.Kaitai 2013-01-23 00:45:02
Link | Citer | R

this is my current Resolution set. I know i need to get a fracas grenade. anything i should change other then HQ head or Phorcys mitts? how is the +25 tp bonus moonshade earring for resolution? Is bale+brutal the best option? If having a that TP bonus earring is better, which should I swap for it?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-01-23 00:52:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Kaitai said: »
this is my current Resolution set. I know i need to get a fracas grenade. anything i should change other then HQ head or Phorcys mitts? how is the +25 tp bonus moonshade earring for resolution? Is bale+brutal the best option? If having a that TP bonus earring is better, which should I swap for it?

I get higher DPS with moonshade in almost every situation on mot's spreadsheet, its what I use as well as a pair of pyrosoul rings.

Edit: Wording
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-23 00:59:07
Link | Citer | R

use Moonshade in place of Bale. and if you can get it, Pyrosoul x2 for the rings, as well as HQ version of headpiece.
 Lakshmi.Kaitai
user: Kaitai
By Lakshmi.Kaitai 2013-01-23 01:41:47
Link | Citer | R

thanks for the quick replies! i'm currently workin on getting that tp bonus earring, also should i go acc+4 or atk+4 for the other augment on the earring or does that matter much?
 Ragnarok.Evihime
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Evihime
By Ragnarok.Evihime 2013-01-25 10:28:01
Link | Citer | R

+4 attack all the way, thats the choice for all jobs that uses TP Bonus Moonshade on WSs
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-01-25 10:48:26
Link | Citer | R

thanks for the quick replies! i'm currently workin on getting that tp bonus earring, also should i go acc+4 or atk+4 for the other augment on the earring or does that matter much?

Could go either way. 4acc > 4att if you need the acc. If acc is capped then obviously att is better.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-01-27 16:04:15
Link | Citer | R

DRK only, it's pretty much a main weapon choice. Rag? Go with the attack. OAT? Go with the accuracy.

Could probably drill it down by sets too, keeping WS set accuracy/attack in parity/proportion to TP set.

But yeah, if you have almost any other job using it, Attack is likely the choice.
 Bismarck.Dmaul
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Dmaul
By Bismarck.Dmaul 2013-02-09 06:59:54
Link | Citer | R

I just spent 6hrs in the dunes camping Golden Bat for OATT trials. I was checking on the PH in the secret tunnel when a THF runs by me heading towards Gustav. I quickly checked to see if the PH was still there and I see it, then the blood drained from my face. The other two! I start running to the Gustav entrance spamming wide scan and I see Golden Bat. NO NO NO NO! I get to the tunnel entrance and I see in my chat log "So and so uses sneak attack"...

I'm feeling incredibly numb right now and I think I'm going to stay in bed for the next 20 hrs. When I log back in I'm going to camp me a Rusty Great Sword. Its a nice sword right? Right? Right?
 Asura.Arkanethered
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2013-02-15 07:59:29
Link | Citer | R

Don't mess with the northern spawn of golden bat, just kill the bottom two while occasionally checking to make sure the north bat is still up on widescan.

I've completed 4 GS along that trial line now between myself, my wife, and a mule, never seen a northern pop and the only time I have missed a bat is due to trying to kill the northern PH.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-03-04 12:37:02
Link | Citer | R

So with Valiant and Latitude in VW, that's 8% haste that I can afford to remove from my TP set while in Voidwatch. My TP set at the moment is:

95Rag/Pole/---/Hagneia
Phorc/Bale/Bale/Brutal
Armad/Bale+2/Tyrant/Rajas
Athe/Goad/Phorc/Ace's

So I can remove either Bale+2 hands and Ace's, or I can remove Goading and Ace's. So which would be better in this set, Phorcys Hands/Feet, or Windbuffet/Phorcys Feet? (Also hopefully Mala on my neck one of these days D:)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-04 13:25:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
So with Valiant and Latitude in VW, that's 8% haste that I can afford to remove from my TP set while in Voidwatch. My TP set at the moment is:

95Rag/Pole/---/Hagneia
Phorc/Bale/Bale/Brutal
Athe/Goad/Phorc/Ace's

So I can remove either Bale+2 hands and Ace's, or I can remove Goading and Ace's. So which would be better in this set, Phorcys Hands/Feet, or Windbuffet/Phorcys Feet? (Also hopefully Mala on my neck one of these days D:)

I went to look at my spellcast and realised I never adjusted my gs sets to allow for the extra haste on valiant (i had cruor problems for a while).

Thank you for helping me on that!

I haven't looked at a comparison of the sets yet but i would imagine i'll be using phorcys hands and feet over windbuffet. The stat bonus from the set coupled with keeping the stp on the waist without the -acc on ace's feet... Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll be going that way.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-03-04 18:06:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »

95Rag/Pole/---/Hagneia
Phorc/Bale/Bale/Brutal
Athe/Goad/Phorc/Ace's

my vw set before marches w/ valiant and latitude
technically 8 hit counting ws, but w/ monarch's and coercion it doesnt matter

edit:
/war btw, probably would do the same set /sam tho
By itchi508 2013-03-13 08:40:38
Link | Citer | R

Quick question: if your not Skill chaining, is there going to be a differance in what gorget/belt you use? ( breeze soil or thunder) also under wiki thunder belt does not support reso but the gorget Does. Assuming its just not up to date or they just forgot to list it.
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-03-13 08:45:58
Link | Citer | R

Doesnt really matter but soil is also used for entropy if you have it so it saves space.
By itchi508 2013-03-13 08:49:34
Link | Citer | R

K thanks reason i use thunder is for space reasons which support Ukon vere shoha and reso ^ just maken sure theres no difference that i should be obtaining another one.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-03-13 08:53:49
Link | Citer | R

Obi's affect Skillchain damage if worn on the closing WS but I wouldn't bother personally.
By Althyk 2013-03-15 00:02:28
Link | Citer | R

Caudata Belt. Is there any situation where Elemental Belt would be beaten by this for Reso?
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-03-15 00:11:24
Link | Citer | R

No
By Althyk 2013-03-15 00:13:22
Link | Citer | R

Thanks
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
Serveur: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-03-19 05:53:25
Link | Citer | R

Looking for some opinions//quick fixes.
Working towards this:
TP:
ItemSet 210379

WS:
ItemSet 293421

Any Help? :)
 Carbuncle.Niusha
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Niusha
By Carbuncle.Niusha 2013-03-19 08:01:55
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
ItemSet 276581
my vw set before marches w/ valiant and latitude
technically 8 hit counting ws, but w/ monarch's and coercion it doesnt matter

edit:
/war btw, probably would do the same set /sam tho

This is the same set I use for VW TP, but with blitz ring to hit 26% haste (not sure that's really worth it), w/ coercion, latitude, and valiant of course, and I switch to Phorcys Mitts when I have haste+marches/embrava+lr up. Anger Bomblet and Ares legs +1 seem like they would be an upgrade in both situations... any ideas on other upgrades?

Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »
Looking for some opinions//quick fixes.
Working towards this:
TP:
ItemSet 210379

WS:
ItemSet 293421

Any Help? :)

I'm no expert on 480 delay weapons w/ x-hit builds, so I'll leave that to someone else, but I'll just say that your TP set is well over the haste cap.

For resolution:
Mekira-oto +1
Elemental gorget
Phorcys mitts
AF3+2 legs
Dilaram's sollerets
moonshade earring with tp bonus +25 instead of bale
Pyrosoul ring in slot 2
By seidmadur 2013-03-19 08:45:28
Link | Citer | R

I should probably post this here too...

I am new to all this so I just wanted your input...

Current TP Set:
ItemSet 293428

Current Resolution Set:
ItemSet 293430

Moonshade is Attk+4 TP Bonus +25
Should I get Mekira-oto +1 and WS in Ace's Mail?

Thanks!
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-19 09:15:35
Link | Citer | R

Ace's is more of a ws piece than Tp peace -15 sb is painful lol have any other tp bodies?
By seidmadur 2013-03-19 10:39:15
Link | Citer | R

AF3+2 but I'm really trying hard to get that Porthos Byrnie ^^;
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-03-19 10:43:35
Link | Citer | R

seidmadur said: »
AF3+2 but I'm really trying hard to get that Porthos Byrnie ^^;

Don't threaten me
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-03-19 11:41:48
Link | Citer | R

-15 Subtle Blow is irrelevant when you're swinging OAT. Mob getting 16.9tp instead of 15tp doesn't do anything with the way mobs use TP.

Side topic: People who kill random Magian-related NMs "just because it's up" need to be beaten in a back alley. 65 NIN slowly soloing Bugbear Strongman and not responding to any communication while a party of four people needing it for Dagger, Gun, or Scythe trials look on? True story from a few years ago, should have MPKed his *** so hard.
By seidmadur 2013-03-19 15:42:07
Link | Citer | R

Thanks Raelia
First Page 2 3 ... 46 47 48 ... 50 51 52