Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Drk Resolution GS / Builds
Drk Resolution GS / Builds
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 50 51 52
By Avitori 2012-09-20 09:15:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Basically just trying to figure out if Enif/Murzim fits in there anywhere after those 3 bodies and which of those 2 is the better choice.

Enif corazza sucks and you should never be using it on DRK. Murzim...a little better but still I wouldn't bother... if I were you I would just focus on getting your armada. Buy pops, offer gil for the abj.. do whatever you gotta do lol
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-09-20 09:17:51
Link | Citer | R

Yea was planning on it. It's just not going to happen right away. Money for a while is going to be going into buying Marrows so was just wondering about bodies to use before Armada.
 Asura.Jem
Serveur: Asura
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2012-09-20 09:51:45
Link | Citer | R

It's simple and understated but there's nothing wrong with using Bale Cuirass +2 until you get Armada.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-09-20 10:12:23
Link | Citer | R

Can try Aces but it's fugly.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-09-20 17:18:02
Link | Citer | R

Avant+1 is honestly one of the best choices for a pre-Armada/Valkyrie body but it's very ugly
 Ragnarok.Returner
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-09-20 19:10:25
Link | Citer | R

just curious on perhaps the new trend, but why are ppl picking shadow, avant +1, ace's, or porthos over Enif? I guess my question is, why are ppl thinking that str & attack, instead of accuracy, is important enough that they would be ok to lose the extra hits that Enif offers over all the other body options? I understand obviously that when you are capped accuracy, it doesn't do anything for you, but if you need accuracy, Enif should at the very least be your second best option behind only a perfect armada. Someone earlier in this thread said that Enif sucks, it might not be the best but I definitely don't think it sucks.

I understand in heavy buff situation adding 30 attack is like adding 60, so if that's the reason then I totally get it. I am also not one of those ppl who think attack is easy to cap, but at the same time I don't think accuracy is easy to cap either. (again, perfect armada has both att/acc so I don't doubt it is better when you need both, especially that stp can never hurt, but other bodies offer only att or acc and why are ppl picking att?)
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-09-20 19:18:15
Link | Citer | R

Valk body commonly gets ACC augment from 5-10. Pairing that with the TA and att and its a beast.
By Avitori 2012-09-20 19:33:03
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Returner said: »
just curious on perhaps the new trend, but why are ppl picking shadow, avant +1, ace's, or porthos over Enif? I guess my question is, why are ppl thinking that str & attack, instead of accuracy, is important enough that they would be ok to lose the extra hits that Enif offers over all the other body options? I understand obviously that when you are capped accuracy, it doesn't do anything for you, but if you need accuracy, Enif should at the very least be your second best option behind only a perfect armada. Someone earlier in this thread said that Enif sucks, it might not be the best but I definitely don't think it sucks.

I understand in heavy buff situation adding 30 attack is like adding 60, so if that's the reason then I totally get it. I am also not one of those ppl who think attack is easy to cap, but at the same time I don't think accuracy is easy to cap either. (again, perfect armada has both att/acc so I don't doubt it is better when you need both, especially that stp can never hurt, but other bodies offer only att or acc and why are ppl picking att?)

Enif corazza
[Body] All Races
DEF: 30 HP +33 MP +33 Accuracy +5
Attack +5 Enmity +7 Haste +4%

Lv. 99 THF / PLD / DRK / DRG / BLU

Ace's mail
[Body] All Races
DEF: 69 STR +18 Attack +12 Accuracy +12
Subtle Blow -15 Haste +4%
Lv. 95 DRK / SAM / DRG

Why do you think Enif is better? It sucks.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-09-20 19:33:53
Link | Citer | R

I have an NQ Adaberk from the 75 cap days with DA on the augment. Worth switching to Avant/Ace's/something else or should I just ride it til I get the HQ/Valk?
 Asura.Chumlee
user: Inso
By Asura.Chumlee 2012-09-20 19:45:11
Link | Citer | R

Avitori said: »

Enif corazza
[Body] All Races

Ace's mail
[Body] All Races
Lv. 95 DRK / SAM / DRG

That's hands not body. [Body] All Races
DEF:75 HP+45 MP+45 Accuracy+23 "Quadruple Attack"+2% Haste+3%
By Gimpness 2012-09-20 19:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Someone's been looking at wiki...

This would be what it actually is. Should only be slightly behind a 3% TA valk in capped accuracy situations.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-09-20 19:52:53
Link | Citer | R

Gimpness said: »

Someone's been looking at wiki...

This would be what it actually is. Should only be slightly behind a 3% TA valk in capped accuracy situations.

Wait, what? Do the 11 STR and 26 Attack really mean so little that Enif would be right behind it?

(serious question, new to playing DRK seriously)
By Gimpness 2012-09-20 19:53:54
Link | Citer | R

I swear to god I can't type my thoughts, capped attack situtations* sorry.

I guess if you don't have capped hit rate Enif would probably do better than Valk with a low acc augment, if you happened to not have Armada.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-09-20 20:02:57
Link | Citer | R

Capped Attack and Capped STR are also pretty different, the STR on Valk is still useful for things that attack is capped on.
By Gimpness 2012-09-20 20:07:12
Link | Citer | R

Still a pretty marginal difference at capped attack is all I'm saying. Personally wouldn't blow 25-30mil plus tatters on it for DRK unless you're oozing with gil.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-09-20 20:19:32
Link | Citer | R

Enif corazza
[Body] All Races

Ace's mail
[Body] All Races
Lv. 95 DRK / SAM / DRG

Now I understand why you think it sucks...
By Avitori 2012-09-20 20:21:32
Link | Citer | R

lolol wiki sucks
 Asura.Jem
By Asura.Jem 2012-09-21 05:31:52
Link | Citer | R

The thing with Enif is that for a lot of people it isn't easily/quickly obtainable. So when talking about pieces just to tide you by until Armada, it's a tricky one.

It's perfectly viable if you have one or can get one easily. However for some people it may very well be easier/quicker to get a decent Armadaberk before they could get Enif.

For me personally I would have to go get Homam Corazza (as I had no use for it at 75) as well as the Arch-Omega Heart. It could take like 1-2 weeks or it could take months if drop rates decided to be crappy and/or others in the group also wanted it.

(I have Armada anyway for the record and my invent would struggle to accommodate Enif for the select few situations it beats Armada)
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-09-21 05:41:45
Link | Citer | R

Enif corazza
[Body] All Races

Ace's mail
[Body] All Races
Lv. 95 DRK / SAM / DRG

Am I missing something here? Enif Corazza stats are,
DEF:75 HP+45 MP+45 Accuracy+23 "Quadruple Attack"+2% Haste+3%

I believe you listed the stats for Enif Manopolas[Hands].
 Asura.Jem
By Asura.Jem 2012-09-21 05:46:55
Link | Citer | R

It's because he grabbed the stats from Wiki which has them listed incorrectly.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-09-29 15:35:08
Link | Citer | R

Actual question here. Using Wagnarok and trying to keep a 6-hit. How does the Store TP on the Murzim measure up to other bodies available? I'm in a shell that does Arch-Omega / Ultima every weekend so getting it is just a matter of time. I've had no luck getting Nid to drop an E-body nor in finding a -1 abjuration. So Augmented Arma is obviously a long term solution but would Murzim work until them?
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-09-29 15:41:17
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Actual question here. Using Wagnarok and trying to keep a 6-hit. How does the Store TP on the Murzim measure up to other bodies available? I'm in a shell that does Arch-Omega / Ultima every weekend so getting it is just a matter of time. I've had no luck getting Nid to drop an E-body nor in finding a -1 abjuration. So Augmented Arma is obviously a long term solution but would Murzim work until them?

Enif is a better body. 7hit Rag.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-29 15:49:13
Link | Citer | R

For the sake of ease of my research,

Current optimal TP set(s) and Resolution set(s) for Ragnarok DRK?

I'm sure they're within the past few pages but yeah.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-29 15:51:32
Link | Citer | R

Or if someone has them all listed on their item sets that works too '~'
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-09-29 15:53:36
Link | Citer | R

can check out my item sets, basic 6hit/sam 7hit/war
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-09-29 16:20:54
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
For the sake of ease of my research,

Current optimal TP set(s) and Resolution set(s) for Ragnarok DRK?

I'm sure they're within the past few pages but yeah.

You're going to level drk?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-29 16:25:24
Link | Citer | R

I didn't say that, I said I was doing research '~'
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-09-29 16:28:16
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I didn't say that, I said I was doing research '~'

It's a great and fun job, you'll love it.
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-09-29 17:22:46
Link | Citer | R

Those are the on I use at the moment:

Legion low eva mob

Legion high eva (Alicorn ect)

VW higher tier (Ig alima/prov caturae/PW)

Dynamis farm /sam LR up

Dynamis farm /sam LR down

Resolution Fodder(low eva/low def mob)

[Spoiler][/Spoiler]

Resolution Standard

[Spoiler][/Spoiler]

Also use an high eva resolution set only change are Avant hands +1 / Attacker mantle.

Armada is 6 stp 3da
Embrava set are 500+ enhancing.

All those set assume at least chaos/fighters, boost str and double march or embrava, I don't use drk w/o at least those :x

I used motenten spreadsheet to make those set, I tried with Valk BP, but couldn't find a set that beat those in the situation I'm used to play, if someone has better set in those situation, I'll be happy to copy those (with motenten spreadsheet or math posted).
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-29 17:33:38
Link | Citer | R

Let's say that hypothetically I'm more interested in sets that don't revolve around Embrava.

Hypothetically I'd be going into this with the mindset that Embrava may experience an extremely severe nerf.

How does not having a shitload of regain change your gearing paradigm for Ragnarok?
First Page 2 3 ... 41 42 43 ... 50 51 52