First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 50 51 52
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-31 21:43:23
Link | Citer | R

Hyperbole, hyperbole everywhere.

EDIT: Oh hey, new page. Let's keep the idiocy on the old one, shall we?
[+]
 Asura.Kalasin
Serveur: Asura
user: liar
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-08-31 22:56:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ccl said: »
I'll try to set a run tomorrow unless you guys went already, gonna be fun

Don't forget to send me a tell!
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-08-31 22:57:40
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like an 18 Drk qilin run tomorrow, or 17 Drks and a Sam.
By Otomis 2012-09-01 18:41:19
Link | Citer | R

Going to be starting NNI here soon, Guess the group would like me as drk. Using Fulgurante lv 99 (Occ. Atk. Twice)[EDIT: 5/5 Reso] also have lv 99 Apoc. Using you basic decent gear (Bar NNI, Legion or VW Abjurations) only because I have not delved deeply into these events yet. Doing NNI with embrava Sch x2 a lv 99 ukon war and lv 90 Vere Mnk, what would be the best sub job? /War or /Sam?

I know ability cap with DB so hasso useless. But will the stp even matter in a group like this or the double attack + /war buffs be greater in long run?
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-09-01 18:56:09
Link | Citer | R

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
There are two kinds of Dark Knights: Real DRKs, and WAR-wannabes.

Guess which category "Rag onry, spam Reso, one mage should be /DRK because I'm DDing" falls into?
The useful category
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-09-01 19:30:04
Link | Citer | R

Otomis said: »
Going to be starting NNI here soon, Guess the group would like me as drk. Using Fulgurante lv 99 (Occ. Atk. Twice)[EDIT: 5/5 Reso] also have lv 99 Apoc. Using you basic decent gear (Bar NNI, Legion or VW Abjurations) only because I have not delved deeply into these events yet. Doing NNI with embrava Sch x2 a lv 99 ukon war and lv 90 Vere Mnk, what would be the best sub job? /War or /Sam?

I know ability cap with DB so hasso useless. But will the stp even matter in a group like this or the double attack + /war buffs be greater in long run?

/sam is your way to go, seigan is your friend in nni, and for the minute or so lr is down hasso is a fair sub, im sure you could manage /war especially having apoc (which is gold in nni cause you can do your own thing and the healer can follow the war and mnk) but that being said, /sam would be even more important without the healer following you since youd rely on regen and cata, apoc will be your weapon of choice for all but floor 80/100

Ps, lr kills your def plenty before berserk, nms in the upper floors hit like trucks

Im done nni btw

Edit: keep in mind 90% of nni is fodder mobs youll 1 shot
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-09-01 19:42:39
Link | Citer | R

I've never needed a healer in NNI on mnk except things that require your entire party to kill fast lol.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-09-01 20:37:26
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said: »
I've never needed a healer in NNI on mnk except things that require your entire party to kill fast lol.

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
keep in mind 90% of nni is fodder mobs youll 1 shot

Apoc drk is also the only thing ive ever seen solo cerberus on a no white magic floor
 Cerberus.Detzu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-09-02 08:06:41
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said: »

keep in mind 90% of nni is fodder mobs youll 1 shot

Apoc drk is also the only thing ive ever seen solo cerberus on a no white magic floor

Solo cerberus with 2 other NMs on the back, happened to me lol.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-09-02 08:10:32
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
There are two kinds of Dark Knights: Real DRKs, and WAR-wannabes.

Guess which category "Rag onry, spam Reso, one mage should be /DRK because I'm DDing" falls into?
The useful category

Useful for 5 mobs in the game.

Edit : I'm exagerating things, Rag drk is useful in Legion because of souleater. So one content not 5 mobs.
 Ragnarok.Shred
user: Konda
By Ragnarok.Shred 2012-09-06 09:41:02
Link | Citer | R

Quick question:

Which is a better Greatsword better until Ragnawagon?

irasya or OAT ?
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-09-06 12:44:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Shred said: »
Quick question:

Which is a better Greatsword better until Ragnawagon?

irasya or OAT ?

OAT
By Kaerin 2012-09-08 06:44:39
Link | Citer | R

How many pages back do I need to go to find proper TP sets? I went back like 10 already, and then I just gave up.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-09-08 07:35:09
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-09-08 08:17:56
Link | Citer | R

Kaerin said: »
How many pages back do I need to go to find proper TP sets? I went back like 10 already, and then I just gave up.

My sets are pretty current.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Loneshadow
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Loneshadow 2012-09-09 12:12:43
Link | Citer | R

What are best atmacite for Resolution? Can only use 2 atm.
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-09-09 21:14:27
Link | Citer | R

cant go wrong with i think its coercion (probably spelled wrong) and Valliant (i never remove these 2. Latitude is a nice choice also for the tp bonus at lvl 15
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-09-09 21:15:52
Link | Citer | R

also on Valiant, it adds 5% haste allowing some pretty decent flexibility.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-09-09 22:17:06
Link | Citer | R

With miser: Coercion, Discipline, Valiant or Latitude
Without miser: Coercion, Valiant, Latitude

I like Valiant over Latitude because of the HP+10%, it really can matter on certain VWNMs.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-09-10 17:52:11
Link | Citer | R

Valiant and coersion should never come off, i used to use persistance (15str 5acc -5pdt) but switched to latitude with ragnarok, you get a total of 8% haste (counts as gear haste) so you get to stack alot of bonuses you couldnt get otherwise (i use af3 head and phorcys feet while still keeping windbuffet due to the balance of haste, could also throw in calmecac legs on lower tier vw)

It becomes less what just the bonuses are for the atmacites and more what you can add because of them
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-09-10 18:53:41
Link | Citer | R

Valiant and coersion should never come off, i used to use persistance (15str 5acc -5pdt) but switched to latitude with ragnarok, you get a total of 8% haste (counts as gear haste) so you get to stack alot of bonuses you couldnt get otherwise (i use af3 head and phorcys feet while still keeping windbuffet due to the balance of haste, could also throw in calmecac legs on lower tier vw)

It becomes less what just the bonuses are for the atmacites and more what you can add because of them
Except that Haste will only matter if the fight lasts longer than 4 minutes and even then only for 1 minute. Assuming proper buffs of course.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-09-10 20:56:12
Link | Citer | R

I can't really say there's any fights that last less than 4 minutes that id care about making a build less than haste cap lol
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-09-10 21:12:48
Link | Citer | R

I can't really say there's any fights that last less than 4 minutes that id care about making a build less than haste cap lol
If the fight lasts longer than 4 minutes, make a set with capped haste and one without. It still makes the extra haste on the atmacites pretty not important. Also different people do different things and none are more important than the other.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-09-11 00:11:52
Link | Citer | R

Im still not sure the point youre trying to make, ignoring the haste on valiant and latitude, theyre still the better of the list of options on average for drk in vw. That being said, they bring with them 8% haste that allows you to take off that much in haste gear and replace it with multihit gear, how that means you dont cap haste idk, but taking off aces or sune-ates for phorcys feet and replacing phorcys salade with af3 head while keeping windbuffet on, and phorcys dirs or calmecac depending on the mob is a nice bonus considering youre getting free haste to cover what you removed

If youre trying to push the suggestion of p body or e body, you suggested fights less than 4 minutes meaning easy stuff, i dont think id give up 4% haste for 1% triple atk when you can still cap using enif or porthos
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-09-11 12:06:03
Link | Citer | R

Im still not sure the point youre trying to make, ignoring the haste on valiant and latitude, theyre still the better of the list of options on average for drk in vw. That being said, they bring with them 8% haste that allows you to take off that much in haste gear and replace it with multihit gear, how that means you dont cap haste idk, but taking off aces or sune-ates for phorcys feet and replacing phorcys salade with af3 head while keeping windbuffet on, and phorcys dirs or calmecac depending on the mob is a nice bonus considering youre getting free haste to cover what you removed

If youre trying to push the suggestion of p body or e body, you suggested fights less than 4 minutes meaning easy stuff, i dont think id give up 4% haste for 1% triple atk when you can still cap using enif or porthos
First: I'm not arguing how good the Atmacite are, but that the Haste on them isn't really important.

Second: I don't think you realize that Drk caps haste with normal buffs only using 12% haste gear which you'll have anyways because all the options for Head and Legs have haste.

I really wish there was a sticky that explained the simple idea of haste to Drks because none of them seem to get it.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-09-11 12:48:06
Link | Citer | R

So youre suggesting when you have embrava on then lol, an embrava set is completely different than standard vw set, in which case yes haste wont matter because youll cap with any respectable gear combination

In respect to double marches with haste, which wont happen in every vw group (not on my server atleast) you still need an approximate 21% haste in gear (including the atmas) to cap which is still easy considering what options are available (21-8=13 btw)

Im not saying the importance of haste in short fights is relivant, just that youre more than likely going to cap anyway thus making it a mute point
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-09-11 12:58:29
Link | Citer | R

Double march/haste pretty much cap your magic haste if the brd is decent (af3+2 and +3 instrument), need about 15%(been forever since I checked, not 100% sure on this one) if the brd only has a +2 instrument and af3+2.

If you're not getting double march, should ask for it.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-09-11 13:16:05
Link | Citer | R

Well this debate is less about maxing haste and more about what we call proper buffs and avoiding excess haste, fair enough, where 4 minutes come into play idk then lol, swap to more haste in gear to max delay all you can? Feels like common sense, still keeps atmacites im mind

Edit:

Just a basic example, mix and match for acc needs (calmecac legs, avant +1 hands, p body, (still trying for anger bomblet) fire bomblet, mars's ring, etc)
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-09-11 13:37:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »
First: I'm not arguing how good the Atmacite are, but that the Haste on them isn't really important. Second: I don't think you realize that Drk caps haste with normal buffs only using 12% haste gear which you'll have anyways because all the options for Head and Legs have haste. I really wish there was a sticky that explained the simple idea of haste to Drks because none of them seem to get it.

I feel your points are contradictory to each other. The haste isn't important but drks don't get how little haste they need to cap?

It's not even only about having fulltime embrava or dual marches. You can account for atmacite haste just by having a VW set in your sc, or a different line in standard macros. it's something even console users can make :/ To be honest though I really don't care what people do as long as lights are capped and the fights don't take long :<

Omg the other *** night I had a Qilin run that had my troub/night timers BACK UP before the thing died. If there were ANY other shouts i would have been so gone o.o
First Page 2 3 ... 39 40 41 ... 50 51 52