[dev1063] Job Adjustments: Warrior
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 16 17 18
 Fenrir.Minjo
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-21 15:23:06
Link | Citer | R

There's no reason to cast the last song in the harp. All three of them can be cast in their respective instruments.

And unless Bravura's defensive bonuses allow it to do something that another WAR can't, which isn't the case, the weapon that offers the greatest alignment bonuses and kill-speed offers the most utility. Utility isn't limited to pertaining to things that aren't outright offensive.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 15:25:19
Link | Citer | R

Alexander.Mastersquall said: »
Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
Shiva.Squally said: »
Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
3 Ukonvasara 95s(http://www.ffxiah.com/item/19637/ukonvasara) vs 33 Bravura 95s(http://www.ffxiah.com/item/18670/bravura) disagrees with you.

Also people who do relics are in general gonna have a different drive to upgrading. Look how many people have 85's still on empys... It comes down to most empy owners are scrubs and they are easy to get. I say at least get 90... if you are somewhat serious about the job, cause 90 is hard yo just like abyssea. Only 90 that has some what of an excuse was Kannagi *if you say ochain I'll slap you cause if you didn't go for 90 ochain why the *** did yo u start it?*

The reason I left my empyreal at 85 is because I actually have respect for my friends and focus on getting theirs done and out of the way. Especially since some want the harp which requires apademak horns to even be useful vs my kannagi already being useful getting a slight boost its better to let my friends finish theirs first.

Regardless, Bravura may not have the raw damage capabilities of a Ukon, but it does offer much better party support than a Ukon ever will which makes it better than any level Ukon imho.

If your brd friends play all songs in empy bard harp and full time af3+2.. that's a waste of horns.

You're an idiot if you think just because he got the harp he plays all songs like that. He plays the first songs with normal instruments and tunes the 3rd with the harp. Thats not gimp thats a free min V you tool.

Bravura offers evasion down and def down and makes it easier for wars to tank or just to survive in situations. Also the ease of getting a 95 bravura vs 95 ukon makes bravura a much more ideal DoT until ukon is commonplace.

Just because the def down has diminishing returns as people get higher attack doesnt mean that it wont boost the damage people do. I highly doubt that EVERY dd job in the game gets 2x the enemy def in attack on EVERY mob in the game.

Sorry I couldn't hear you over your friend playing all 3 songs in brd empy harp. How am I a tool? I'm simply stating if he does it's a waste of horns. /shrugs
 Alexander.Mastersquall
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Mastersquall 2011-12-21 15:32:24
Link | Citer | R

You can believe what you'd like about bravura not being good. In the real world Bravura is going to offer every dd a buff and ukon is only going to do slightly better ws damage outside abyssea. Bravura still beats it heavily in DoT and a bravura war can tank most mobs easier than plds can and much easier than an ukon war can without dying.
 Fenrir.Solanis
user: Solanis
By Fenrir.Solanis 2011-12-21 15:33:23
Link | Citer | R

You can believe what you'd like about bravura not being good. In the real world Bravura is going to offer every dd a buff and ukon is only going to do slightly better ws damage outside abyssea. Bravura still beats it heavily in DoT and a bravura war can tank most mobs easier than plds can and much easier than an ukon war can without dying.

this simply isn't true.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 15:36:30
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Solanis said: »

this simply isn't true.

.... Ochain/aegis+almace/excal pld says Hi
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-21 15:37:02
Link | Citer | R

Bravura doesn't touch Ukonvasura's white damage, and while irrelevant, asserting that a Bruvura WAR has an easier time tanking anything than an Ochain or Aegis PLD is laughable.

You do not need a Bravura to tank on WAR, and for the last time, the limiting factor is how quickly you can cap your alignment values, and how fast you can kill things. Bravura does nothing to address either of these things.
[+]
 Fenrir.Solanis
user: Solanis
By Fenrir.Solanis 2011-12-21 15:38:10
Link | Citer | R

this simply isn't true.

what exactly are you trying to communicate here?
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-21 15:39:30
Link | Citer | R

Sorry dude, 20% DT isn't the difference between a PLD and a WAR tanking. I don't know if the DT is observed by the 50% cap, but if it is (And I'm pretty sure it is.), my WAR has only a 3% less than a Bravura WAR in PDT set, which you'd also have to be wearing to tank "most mobs."
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-21 15:40:21
Link | Citer | R

this simply isn't true.

Ninjas do that, silly goose.
[+]
 Fenrir.Hyar
user: Hyaroraro
By Fenrir.Hyar 2011-12-21 15:40:44
Link | Citer | R

*sigh* Tanaka back onto his SAM bandwagon effect.

Since he left, Sam was actually balanced in comparison to the other jobs, now it's back up to the top and they're nerfing anything that can compete with it...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Alexander.Mastersquall
By Alexander.Mastersquall 2011-12-21 15:46:11
Link | Citer | R

You do not need a bravura to tank on war, thats true but you cannot cap damage taken while keeping a fully active haste set either.

By tanking i did not mean the damage mitigation portion of tanking on pld, i mean the constant capping of CE and keeping it capped. You can keep capped -DT and keep capped haste and doesnt mean you break the cap for MDT or take reduced damage but you will keep hate more reliably and you will do a significantly better job at it than an ukon war would.

There are many fights a bravura war with aftermath up could replace a pld in tanking without losing a significant portion of damage to do so. If you're at 47% DT as an ukon war you have to sacrfice haste to do so iirc.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-21 15:48:20
Link | Citer | R

A tanking WAR can cap their enmity within a minute, at which point the only useful damage they deal is during blitzes. You don't seem to understand how enmity and/or Voidwatch works.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-21 15:52:01
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry...my mind stopped at "until Ukon is commonplace".
It isn't?
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-21 15:53:51
Link | Citer | R

I was going to mention that, but I felt as if pointing out such a blatant inaccuracy would have diminished my overall point.
 Alexander.Mastersquall
By Alexander.Mastersquall 2011-12-21 15:54:17
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry...in voidwatch a war can do 16000 damage a minute to cap CE? Also theres no such thing as hate reset? Also you dont have capped lights during most of every voidwatch fight? You should get out more and actually play jobs instead of looking at things like reality is the same as it is on paper.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 15:56:44
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Minjo said: »

this simply isn't true.

lol
 Bahamut.Danthebk
Serveur: Bahamut
user: danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-12-21 15:56:54
Link | Citer | R

A quick comparison between Tachi: Shoha and Ukko's Fury to show how little warrant there is for this nerf. Also, Kantanotachi+Shoha is better than Masamune and Amanomurakumo. Sucks for the career SAM's that gave it their all to be a well-geared SAM throughout the Abyssea content.

Current Ukko's:
ukkos = 241 * 3.4 * 2.9 = 2376 * 1.22 = 2899

Current Shoha:
shoha = 287 * 4.0 * 1.95 = 2240 * 1.19 = 2665

-Ukko's will not cap cRatio against any real mob; Shoha gets a ~67% attack bonus from what I've heard. The base Cratio of Ukko's would realistically be closer to 1.45 with berserk down, or 1.75 with berserk up, meaning the weaponskill damage would average closer to 2100-2600 depending on Berserk.
-The ideal build for Kantanotachi is a 5-hit, Ukon is a 6-hit. With Hasso+Haste on both players, Kantanotachi has 25% more weaponskill frequency.

Warrior is balanced, as with Samurai and Monk. The other jobs need a buff, Monk and Warrior do not need a nerf. Samurai is already stronger than War and most likely MNK as well. (still need to look into MNK more)
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-21 15:56:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry...in voidwatch a war can do 16000 damage a minute to cap CE?

A tanking WAR can cap their enmity within a minute, at which point the only useful damage they deal is during blitzes. You don't seem to understand how enmity and/or Voidwatch works.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-21 15:58:00
Link | Citer | R

this simply isn't true.

lol

Look, I made a joke. Spread the word.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2011-12-21 15:59:35
Link | Citer | R

8000 would hit CE cap and hit VE cap a few times over. What exactly are your numbers from?

Most relevant VW mobs aren't hate resetting the Warrior, or anyone.

Your last two statements draw no valid conclusion to point to one option over the other. Moving on.
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-12-21 16:03:27
Link | Citer | R

/Krizz.Chill
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 16:04:26
Link | Citer | R

this simply isn't true.

lol

Look, I made a joke. Spread the word.

They won't believe me... they will prolly think you were being serious and made a mistake in reading that. They will say, "He thought you meant plds could use blade:hi" and then no lulz will be had.. you are to serious.. if you make more jokes often they wouldn't say that :/ still funny though... it will be our little secret *whispers that in minjo's ear erotically*
 Alexander.Mastersquall
By Alexander.Mastersquall 2011-12-21 16:21:12
Link | Citer | R

8000 damage to cap CE is assuming you're not getting hit. If you're tanking you're getting hit, by high damage and lots of it. You lose 1800 CE everytime you lose your hp pool which you will do many times over in a minute if you're tanking and the mob isnt terrored. I dont think its unreasonable to assume you'd have to do roughly 16000 damage to keep it capped over a period of time.

For a Ukon war to be tanking and take reduced damage taken they have to lose haste, not really a good viable option if they're tanking thats not to say they couldnt do it but a bravura war gets more options which is the point they could do it easier. They can do things that Ukon war's cant without losing the ability to do damage. If you want to reduce def theres armor break or MT. Want to tank in damage taken- capped? theres MT or losing haste.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-21 16:25:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Solara
Serveur: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-12-21 16:29:20
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Novadragon said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Vodkaa said: »
Dude who cares my 85 ukon was smashing 95 bravura, people making points about empys are doing so because the 85 stage is a complete joke to get and still made the 95 relic ga a joke.

You sir make the best point. Empys broke alot of Relic due to their ws being so damn strong.

I believe you mean "due to Relic ws being so weak". Before Ukko's was shitting on Metatron, Raging Rush and King's Justice did. Hell, at 75 Tomoe beat Amano on most content, where was the Penta Thrust nerf?

Nerfs are almost always a bad idea, the only one I can think of that made sense was the tp return nerf. All other "adjustments" they made could have been easily resolved through minor changes to enhance other jobs.
 Alexander.Mastersquall
By Alexander.Mastersquall 2011-12-21 16:30:20
Link | Citer | R

Repeating the same thing over and over doesn't really help your argument at all, you're not providing any evidence to prove me wrong.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 16:31:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Solara said: »
Dude who cares my 85 ukon was smashing 95 bravura, people making points about empys are doing so because the 85 stage is a complete joke to get and still made the 95 relic ga a joke.

You sir make the best point. Empys broke alot of Relic due to their ws being so damn strong.

I believe you mean "due to Relic ws being so weak". Before Ukko's was shitting on Metatron, Raging Rush and King's Justice did. Hell, at 75 Tomoe beat Amano on most content, where was the Penta Thrust nerf?

Nerfs are almost always a bad idea, the only one I can think of that made sense was the tp return nerf. All other "adjustments" they made could have been easily resolved through minor changes to enhance other jobs.

Was that one with mnks using the relic knuckles with delay 999? getting like 100tp on asuran or some ***.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 16:32:50
Link | Citer | R

Repeating the same thing over and over doesn't really help your argument at all, you're not providing any evidence to prove me wrong.

But you are providing evidence you don't understand it by what you are saying. That's what he's trying to tell you. That literally based off what you are saying... nevermind if I understood then you should be able to..
 Bahamut.Novadragon
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Novadragon 2011-12-21 16:33:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Solara said: »

There was a Penta nerf when it's mods were changed. Even E body wars were doing 3k+ Pentas. Then the nerf came in for being too powerful.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 16 17 18