[dev1063] Job Adjustments: Warrior
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18
 Asura.Dtroyy
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-12-21 10:39:35
Link | Citer | R

Ophannus said: »
They can't just buff everyone's damage up to WAR's level, otherwise the game would be even easier than it is now. Ukkko's Fury/VS do like 6k+ to VW NMs while things like Drakesbane barely break 2k. SE saiud they would like to bring up other jobs to WAR and MNK's damage potential but after their damage total is reduced a bit.

On a 10-point scale, WAR and MNK are a 14. They want to bring them down to a 8.5 or 9 before bringing up all the 6's and 7's jobs(RNG/DRG/DRK/THF/DNC/BLU) up to par.

SAM will hopefully be dealt with soon as they've been SE's pet job for 10 years, getting new traits and JAs almost every update and stronger upon stronger weapon skills.

No.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-21 10:40:23
Link | Citer | R

SAM will hopefully be dealt with soon as they've been SE's pet job for 10 years, getting new traits and JAs almost every update and stronger upon stronger weapon skills.
*at SE hq*

"Hey, I just got an awesome idea for a new powerful JA!"
"Really? Cool, let's give it to sam!"
"But you don't even know what it is yet..."
"I'm sure it will be great on sam anyway!"
[+]
 Bahamut.Danthebk
Serveur: Bahamut
user: danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-12-21 10:40:53
Link | Citer | R

They can't just buff everyone's damage up to WAR's level, otherwise the game would be even easier than it is now. Ukkko's Fury/VS do like 6k+ to VW NMs while things like Drakesbane barely break 2k. SE saiud they would like to bring up other jobs to WAR and MNK's damage potential but after their damage total is reduced a bit.

On a 10-point scale, WAR and MNK are a 14. They want to bring them down to a 8.5 or 9 before bringing up all the 6's and 7's jobs(RNG/DRG/DRK/THF/DNC/BLU) up to par.

No it wouldn't, it'd be exactly the same because who the *** would invite a bad DD anyway. There would just be a larger variety of DD jobs being played.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-21 10:42:59
Link | Citer | R

Quote:

So what job do you love to play that you're really hoping against hope they put on top finally instead of those brutish warriors or those croany samurai?

Warrior, monk and samurai have one thing in common. They're pure DD jobs. That's all they do. Samurai is about TP/SC damage, and they've been given abilities as such. Monk and warrior have been given abilities that deal in pure damage for the same reasons. That's. what. they. do.

Dark Knight, Dragoon, Puppetmaster, Blue Mage, Thief...they all have other tricks. Do those tricks compensate for the damage/etc. loss? Not always. Not a lot of the time.

But if they had just as much damage output as pure DD jobs, they they would be broken in turn.

Role. Playing.

Keeping jobs within their roles is something I applaud. Nerfing damage output of damage-dealing jobs is not the answer. Making the additional abilities of hybrid jobs more useful is.

And that's where SE is failing its player base right now.
[+]
By Latifah 2011-12-21 10:43:10
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:

So what job do you love to play that you're really hoping against hope they put on top finally instead of those brutish warriors or those croany samurai?

Warrior, monk and samurai have one thing in common. They're pure DD jobs. That's all they do. Samurai is about TP/SC damage, and they've been given abilities as such. Monk and warrior have been given abilities that deal in pure damage for the same reasons. That's. what. they. do.

Dark Knight, Dragoon, Puppetmaster, Blue Mage, Thief...they all have other tricks. Do those tricks compensate for the damage/etc. loss? Not always. Not a lot of the time.

But if they had just as much damage output as pure DD jobs, they they would be broken in turn.

Role. Playing.

Keeping jobs within their roles is something I applaud. Nerfing damage output of damage-dealing jobs is not the answer. Making the additional abilities of hybrid jobs more useful is.

drg is actually better dd than sam atm, can beat sam very easy with jumps+pet dmg/ drakes
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-21 10:46:44
Link | Citer | R

Thats usually............how a job improves.

Btw until Abyssea came out, every job that subbed sam benefitted from every JA that sam recieved. All those updates, sam actually -needed- them. It was a mediocre job at one point, and only shined in HNMs because of its weaponskills abilities.

If you thought sam was overpowered back then, then I guess bird camp was everything people cared about, because a proper dark or war were better. That being said, sam with all its updates made it a good contender, but never OP.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-12-21 10:50:25
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
dark knight better than sam
WAR yes; DRK, no.
 Asura.Dtroyy
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-12-21 10:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Latifah said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:

Role. Playing.

drg is actually better dd than sam atm, can beat sam very easy with jumps+pet dmg/ drakes
People still do Abyssea?
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-12-21 10:51:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Dtroyy said: »
People still do Abyssea?
lol
edit: when was Abyssea mentioned in the post you quoted?
 Asura.Dtroyy
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-12-21 10:57:13
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
Asura.Dtroyy said: »
People still do Abyssea?
lol
edit: when was Abyssea mentioned in the post you quoted?
Quote:
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-12-21 11:00:50
Link | Citer | R

WAR yes; DRK, no.
Maybe you needed to see better darks. Or better healers, spamming SE when it was up everytime back then was a huge advantage, one many many many many DRKs never got to do because it meant death.

The only time my dark had trouble was clearly at bird camp vs Plm-sam and our Amano-sam in Einherjar.

Soul-eater was a great tool against HNMs. And a proper dark was nothing to scoff at back in the day. Its sad the LR update never happened much sooner, and worse SE getting nerfed on NM/HNMs...
 Bahamut.Danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-12-21 11:02:32
Link | Citer | R

Almost everything in Abyssea is still relevant because Tanaka is still stuck at the 75 cap where everything is side-grade content. I would not be surprised in the least if Tanaka decides to reduce the level cap back to 75 and remove Abyssea from the game... Sorry, no refunds.
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-12-21 11:04:26
Link | Citer | R

WAR yes; DRK, no.
Maybe you needed to see better darks. Or better healers, spamming SE when it was up everytime back then was a huge advantage, one many many many many DRKs never got to do because it meant death.

The only time my dark had trouble was clearly at bird camp vs Plm-sam and our Amano-sam in Einherjar.

Soul-eater was a great tool against HNMs. And a proper dark was nothing to scoff at back in the day. Its sad the LR update never happened much sooner, and worse SE getting nerfed on NM/HNMs...
Oh how Hito showed me his DRK could kick my SAMs *** in Einherjar.
 Bismarck.Eburo
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-12-21 11:07:03
Link | Citer | R

On second thought, this nerf can't be too too bad.

-In Abyssea, you'll still be able to cap critical hit damage+ if you're so inclined, by using gear.
-Outside, you can just continue using Critical Hit Rate gear on your WS sets (like we do now)

As long as the nerf isn't too steep it should be manageable. (For WAR at least, I don't know about MNK because I don't own Verethragna)
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 11:08:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Danthebk said: »
I would also like to point out, that Ukko's is only a standout weaponskill because of the extra crit rate. Assuming the same crit rate and typical (ukkos) ws gear outside of Abyssea:

rr = 204 * 3.4 * 2.5 = 1734 * 1.22 = 2115
ukkos = 241 * 3.4 * 2.5 = 2048 * 1.22 = 2499
oldUkkos = 241 * 3.4 * 2.9 = 2376 * 1.22 = 2899

I am, of course for simplicity, assuming the same 10% crit rate of RR and 100% TP, as well as a pretty weak 105 mob. This is just a quick estimate as well, a more in-depth analysis would distort this.

So roughly a 14% nerf to Ukko's if it's reduced to the same crit rate as RR? I hate this game.

*plays worlds smallest violin*
 Bahamut.Danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-12-21 11:12:29
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »

The point is that the nerf makes RR on par with Ukko's. Ukko's wasn't overpowered, it was (the only) weaponskill progression from the 75 cap. Oh, did you know we're level 99 now?
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-12-21 11:14:22
Link | Citer | R

Well, Ukko's Fury does still have a 25% STR mod increase over Raging Rush, and being that it's only 2 hits it has a sort of overall accuracy bonus over RR. Not to mention Aftermath.

Just curious btw, were relics ever supremely powerful to the point where they got nerfed? If Empyreans end up like relics are today, I can't help but to think of very bad things.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-12-21 11:15:07
Link | Citer | R

All I have to say about the Blood Rage nerf is my eye twitched, I went Berserk and /tableflipped IRL.

Berserk wore now, so leaving this topic and forgetting about it before timer is up again
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-12-21 11:24:34
Link | Citer | R

I'm just glad I didn't spend the ton of gil that I was planning to spend on WAR yet. >_>
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 11:25:15
Link | Citer | R

The point is that the nerf makes RR on par with Ukko's. Ukko's wasn't overpowered, it was (the only) weaponskill progression from the 75 cap. Oh, did you know we're level 99 now?

*Keeps playing worlds smallest violin* Again welcome to xyz's jobs pains. War isn't anything special, and again war always was beast if geared and played right.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2011-12-21 11:30:53
Link | Citer | R

@atoreis

Ofc not theres loads of jobs that can tank VW but like i said before not every player is geared the same and not everyone knows what to do. Id rather have my well geared pld than some random shout dds that dont have temps and die within a few hits. Prime example is a shout group i joined the other night for the t1 zilart wyrm they lasted 1min including 1 yellow proc because they didnt have the right gear namely aegis even though they knew i had it. Id have liked to have seen your war tank that while its in the air.

Phone doesnt like doing quotes it seems.
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-21 11:31:04
Link | Citer | R

Facts:

Ukon WAR will still be the best DD in VW.
Ukon WAR will still be the best DD in lolabyssea.

SAM/DRK/DRG/MNK might shine else where, but who cares?
[+]
 Bahamut.Danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-12-21 11:31:20
Link | Citer | R

*Keeps playing worlds smallest violin* Again welcome to xyz's jobs pains. War isn't anything special, and again war always was beast if geared and played right.

You're stuck in the past; yes war was always good, and it still will be after the nerf. But you are completely missing the point, that a nerf isn't the way the game should be changing. Yes, many jobs have been nerfed in the past, but that doesn't mean it was the right choice. But you'd rather keep nerfing every.single.thing, rather than making improvements and progressing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Keinn
By Bahamut.Keinn 2011-12-21 11:31:26
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
lmao
 Bahamut.Enkidou
user: jamisont
By Bahamut.Enkidou 2011-12-21 11:34:16
Link | Citer | R

*Keeps playing worlds smallest violin* Again welcome to xyz's jobs pains.

Translation: every job should be as weak as the one I choose to main.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-12-21 11:38:47
Link | Citer | R

Leave my Ukon alone please!!
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-21 11:41:53
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »
theres loads of jobs that can tank VW
I tank on cor in VW!
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-12-21 11:45:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Keinn said: »
Quote:
lmao

[+]
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 11:45:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Enkidou said: »

*Keeps playing worlds smallest violin* Again welcome to xyz's jobs pains.

Translation: every job should be as weak as the one I choose to main.

Nah I'm just saying over powerful ws is losing some power... oh god.. 8k ukkos now are 6k ukkos... the shame.

You're stuck in the past; yes war was always good, and it still will be after the nerf. But you are completely missing the point, that a nerf isn't the way the game should be changing. Yes, many jobs have been nerfed in the past, but that doesn't mean it was the right choice. But you'd rather keep nerfing every.single.thing, rather than making improvements and progressing.

Well they *** up ukko's in the first place and are now fixing it. See you are mixing up progression with transgression. (The exceeding of due bounds or limits.) See progression would be giving me jubaku:ni or monomi:ni. Also giving me what they said they would on rdm, which they haven't. Still have yet to see them be the masters of enhancing other than base skill lvl. Instead they give them temper which isn't to be used on other players, and /sch can't even *** aoe it. Let's talk real progression, not selfish bs about war getting ukon nerfed. I'm sure relic wars aren't giving a rat's ***.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-21 11:50:43
Link | Citer | R

They didn't *** up Ukko's. They're *** up now by downgrading 90% of anything that even looks like power creep instead of pushing limits the way 24 more levels should have.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18