The Last Dance: Gearing Paradigms for a New Age
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 117 118 119
 Bismarck.Cicada
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-07-17 03:53:23
Link | Citer | R

Never meet your heroes, you'll be sadly disappointed.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-17 03:55:50
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Vosslerr said: »
/sigh maybe you don't understand. I just figured you would understand what I'm going through. I think telling me to grow a pair was kinda mean tbh. Really kinda looked up to you and Byrth both. Nvmd..

Cheer up, don't take it so seriously :{
Trust me, we know how you feel. We joke constantly about how we don't have anything to do with our dancers.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-07-17 03:58:52
Link | Citer | R

/sigh maybe you don't understand. I just figured you would understand what I'm going through. I think telling me to grow a pair was kinda mean tbh. Really kinda looked up to you and Byrth both. Nvmd..

Pritty much if you want to play dancer much you have to take the initiative. It's one of the few jobs that require more then a pulse to play and given how random groups tend to be leaders arn't going to trust you to have that if they don't know you. It's blunt but theres really no way to sugar coat it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-17 03:59:49
Link | Citer | R

If I want to go DNC to VW I form the alliance myself, end of story.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-17 04:05:29
Link | Citer | R

Even Minjo won't let me go DNC to VW and I should have greater than normal leverage with him! :<
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-17 04:19:30
Link | Citer | R

Need to not get offended as easily on these forums, and in general it seems :<
People are'nt usually serious unless they'r arguing an incredicly stupid/silly cause.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-07-17 05:15:38
Link | Citer | R

Shiva must kinda suck then. I hardly ever have a problem getting into VW on DNC. Usually though I just say I'm going DNC then change to w/e is actually needed/I can be lazy on.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-17 07:54:20
Link | Citer | R

I find that 1H DDs in general have a lot of trouble putting out reasonable damage on the highest tier Voidwatch monsters. You do get the occasional ridiculously high Victory Smite or whatever, but losing that potential .25 Ratio really hurts us against monsters with a lot of level correction. Combine that with the lack of DNC's strategic importance in Voidwatch, the delay cap, and the new /fume command and it's hard to argue for ever bringing us along.

The second to last Qilin I did seriously on Dancer I used Braver's, Stalwart's, Berserk, Saber Dance, Haste Samba, Mythic AM3, and got Marches/Chaos. My Exenterator average was ~2k over 6 Qilin fights. I probably did less damage than my WAR would have done in the same situation (even without mythic AM3). WAR can use many different kinds of weapons. Dancer cannot. The last Qilin I did, they put my 99 mythic and I in the BLM party and I afked and opened chests. No one said anything. I still lost ~150k in stones and cells.

I would put Qilin/Kaggen/etc. as about the highest tier monster that I feel a well geared DNC can be used as a respectable damage source against. I've never gone DNC to Provenance, but my experiences on Thief have not been super promising. Jeuno Tier 6 is annoying for DNC for some reason or another. It's pretty much as the OP says. Level Correction is our greatest enemy.

PS. We lose 1.05 Ratio or 52.5% of the maximum Ratio, not 47.5%. Our new maximum Ratio is 0.95. A WAR with capped attack would have a maximum ratio of 1.2 in the same situation. Hellooooo 25% damage boost just for wearing a 2H weapon. This isn't strictly correct because Ratio isn't totally linearly related to damage, but it's close enough for a 9AM post.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-07-17 07:57:11
Link | Citer | R

Have said it before and I'll say it again, they should eliminate the advantage that 2h weapons have tbh, it's completely unnecessary.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-07-17 08:00:43
Link | Citer | R

I also find on higher teir mobs where acc is a potential issue, the lower acc from dex 1 handed weapons have really hurts them compared to 2 handed DDs. an extra 10-15 acc does much more for dmg than 10-15 extra attack
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-17 08:36:05
Link | Citer | R

The loss of Acc from DEX and our lower native skills is largely offset by our Accuracy Bonus traits and the huge amount of DEX we're almost forced to wear in gear. This might be an issue for other 1H jobs, like NIN or THF, but it isn't much of an issue for DNC in my experience.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-17 10:30:18
Link | Citer | R

I don't know what I did there but I probably meant we're doing 47.5% damage. Anyway, yeah. Anything DNC is having issue capping ACC on easily, any non-ACC relic wielder / not MNK using both focus and dodge is also having acc issues.
 Sylph.Zenrin
Serveur: Sylph
user: Zenrin
By Sylph.Zenrin 2012-07-20 09:11:41
Link | Citer | R

I just figured you would understand what I'm going through.

My opinion is that you are taking this game way way too seriously. I have been playing for a while and there has ALWAYS been jobs that get shunned, ignored or down right ridiculed.

I'm more or less in the same boat because I DO like to play DNC quite a lot but honestly I don't give a rat's *** when the "experts" or "pros" go "LOL DNC!", I play DNC for my entertainment, not to get approved by someone else.

That being said, if you no longer enjoy the game, I think it's time to question yourself and decide if it's worth to keep playing or not.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-20 10:12:39
Link | Citer | R

I still enjoy DNC too, and find excuses to take it out of the mog house.
By Mirvana 2012-07-21 01:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Am I the only one who feels this thread is a bit derailed atm?

OT:

Aside from Zelus Tiara, any way I can wiggle another Haste+2% in this set somewhere besides the belt? I'm trying to keep gear cap on haste and swap in Nusku's Sash for some more dual-wield while /drg Wyvern Earring getting 5% back.

And before the trolls descend upon my weapons in that set, this is purely for shits'n'giggles.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-21 01:15:10
Link | Citer | R

It's not worth trying, but yes. Thaumas Kecks, Ocelomeh Headpiece +1.
By Mirvana 2012-07-21 02:39:09
Link | Citer | R

Like I said, ***'n'giggles :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus
user: Falsetto
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus 2012-07-24 17:13:23
Link | Citer | R

Oh hi DNC forums! I've recently picked up DNC and started gearing it up seriously, and despite the "S-E hates DNC" comments I hear around these parts, I've come to really enjoy the job. I've got a couple of questions, and I'm sure you guys would be the best to answer;

1) With the recent patch, what would be the two best Attributes to max merits for DNC? I am assuming STR+AGI, for the Attack/Evasion and bonus modifier to Exenterator/Rudra's, but I'm not really certain (Maybe DEX is more valuable?).

2) How potent is the "+Step accuracy" Artifact/Relic gear and is it worth slotting it in? I'm wondering specifically if Charis Bangles+1/2 are better for Step Acc. than the Dancer AF1 Bangles.

3) Maybe not really for the DNC forums, but since I've newly and recently been duo'ing with my THF friend in Neo-Dynamis as DNC, when it comes to landing !! Procs is it better to alternate step types or just continuously apply the same step? (or does it make no difference?)

4) I was wondering if there exists a sort of "Yarnball" style tracker plugin for Windower which is specifically tailored for DNC steps. (letting you know what daze level they are at & when they are going to wear off) It's pretty simple to keep track of it as it is, but anything to improve efficiency helps!

Thanks in advance, and this thread is a huge help when it comes towards improving and gearing my DNC, so I wanted to thank all of you for that too! Also, sorry if these questions have been asked to death already, I'm new here!
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-24 17:22:50
Link | Citer | R

1 DEX merits.
2 Step accuracy is worthless.
3 All JAs have the same probability to proc.
4 Dunno!
[+]
 Asura.Myrrh
Serveur: Asura
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-07-24 17:26:29
Link | Citer | R

DNC sucks, Build an Ukon.

<_<
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus 2012-07-24 17:36:39
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
1 DEX merits.

Wah, fast responses!

So do you suggest DEX+STR or DEX+AGI then? I'm still not sure which is the most ideal, and why.
 Cerberus.Keyoku
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2012-07-24 17:39:05
Link | Citer | R

Str + Dex
And just slap on any acc/dex gear you have in different dnc sets during Steps for dat extra acc.
And if you ever find a plugin of the sort you were asking abuot, be sure to share, pls ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus
By Quetzalcoatl.Lucieus 2012-07-24 17:47:33
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Keyoku said: »
Str + Dex
And just slap on any acc/dex gear you have in different dnc sets during Steps for dat extra acc.
And if you ever find a plugin of the sort you were asking abuot, be sure to share, pls ^^

Gotcha, thanks :)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-31 03:45:57
Link | Citer | R

hello
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-07-31 03:47:06
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »

hello
Could have been Khepri kecks.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-31 03:49:31
Link | Citer | R

Yes, but I get multiple uses out of Tessera Saio.
[+]
By Gimpness 2012-07-31 04:42:52
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Myrrh said: »

Q

F

T
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-31 04:50:20
Link | Citer | R

Gimpness said: »
Asura.Myrrh said: »

Q

F

T

I keep trying to hint at people that I want to, but it's not sticking.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-31 08:33:59
Link | Citer | R

Turns out the augment on Khepri Kecks was Haste and not WS damage, so I don't regret not getting it.

Perhaps I will regret not getting Khepri Jacket when I find out what the augment is.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-07-31 09:08:27
Link | Citer | R

Someone said WS damage+4~5%, but there was no associated pic.
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 117 118 119