99 level update
First Page 2
 Asura.Floorboss
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2011-12-16 15:04:02
Link | Citer | R

I want to know why monks has not gotten another belt to replace Black Belt. We get brown belt at 40 Black belt at 70. Thats 30 levels. From 70 to 99 is 29 levels so we should have gotten one but knowing SE I should have expected this from them. Also I think blm should have gotten better spells at 96-99.
 Bahamut.Feisei
Serveur: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-12-16 15:25:57
Link | Citer | R

Black belt is the best belt in the game imo...Theres no way to improve it without breaking it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-12-16 15:28:05
Link | Citer | R

More importantly, what would you even call such a belt...
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-12-16 15:32:30
Link | Citer | R

I got curios and went over to wiki to see the belt rankings:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karate_belts

Theres nothing you could call it. Although, this is a video game, so they could make one and call it w/e the *** the want but i doubt it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-12-16 16:07:34
Link | Citer | R

geez are you serious? lol
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
Serveur: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2011-12-16 16:31:52
Link | Citer | R

He's either trolling, or being serious in which case, do you know how awesome the black belt really is? that is to say even if we could find a better name for an upgraded black belt, what would the stats be? (tempted to throw exaggerated numbers out...)
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-16 16:33:42
Link | Citer | R

Rainbow Belt
STR+10 Subtle Blow+10 PDT-10%
Haste+15%

>.> Why are people so greedy? BB is perfectly fine as it is.
 Asura.Floorboss
Serveur: Asura
user: Floorboss
By Asura.Floorboss 2011-12-16 16:43:01
Link | Citer | R

Im not trolling im just tring to make sense on the level gap from 70 til now. I have Black Belt and its a awesome but now at 99 I just feel like we should have a trial for it or another to upgrade. I understand every1's point. I just think that they buff some jobs more than other.
 Bahamut.Lilsanchez
By Bahamut.Lilsanchez 2011-12-16 16:51:53
Link | Citer | R

Yea well I can see where you are coming from but it's not going to happen. Regardless it's still a pretty flipping amazing belt even now.

Same goes with Rajas ring. Would be for the states to increase? Lol everyone still uses it though. 5 Store TP 5 Subtle blow ftw
 Cerberus.Ustav
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ustav
By Cerberus.Ustav 2011-12-16 16:58:02
Link | Citer | R

people complain about the stupidest things x.x
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-16 16:59:00
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Lilsanchez said: »
Yea well I can see where you are coming from but it's not going to happen. Regardless it's still a pretty flipping amazing belt even now.

Same goes with Rajas ring. Would be for the states to increase? Lol everyone still uses it though. 5 Store TP 5 Subtle blow ftw
Rajas is due for an upgrade IMO, as its only marginally better than its alternatives now. BB, no.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-12-16 17:04:50
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floorboss said: »
Im not trolling im just tring to make sense on the level gap from 70 til now. I have Black Belt and its a awesome but now at 99 I just feel like we should have a trial for it or another to upgrade. I understand every1's point. I just think that they buff some jobs more than other.
Don't try to make sense of it. Nothing SE does makes sense and they are going to side with what they deem is fairly balanced vs natural progression. What level you get something doesn't matter.

Also, mnk is not a bottom of the barrel job so there's really no need to give it a huge boost.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-16 17:06:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Don't try to make sense of it. Nothing SE does makes sense and they are going to side with what they deem is fairly balanced vs natural progression. What level you get something doesn't matter.

Also, mnk is not a bottom of the barrel job so there's really no need to give it a huge boost.
inorite, shaddap before they nerf BB stats
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-12-16 17:08:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »

inorite, shaddap before they nerf BB stats
Nah, they'll just make all future end game content take reduced damage from blunt. When SE nerfs, they do it right.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-16 17:16:40
Link | Citer | R

Level 1: white belt
adds 17 levels
Level 18: purple belt
adds 22 levels
Level 40: brown belt
adds 30 levels
Level 70: black belt
adds 29 levels
Level 99 and you think you deserve a new belt? Try again at level 115.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kaht
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-12-16 17:19:58
Link | Citer | R

Good point, Monk is falling so far behind that you barely see anybody playing it anymore.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-16 17:23:44
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Level 1: white belt
adds 17 levels
Level 18: purple belt
adds 22 levels
Level 40: brown belt
adds 30 levels
Level 70: black belt
adds 29 levels
Level 99 and you think you deserve a new belt? Try again at level 115.
Also, in RL it takes about as long to get a second degree black belt as it does to progress from white to black, sometimes longer. Of course it varies by locale.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-12-16 17:33:46
Link | Citer | R

Quote: »
I want to know why monks has not gotten another belt to replace Black Belt. We get brown belt at 40 Black belt at 70. Thats 30 levels. From 70 to 99 is 29 levels so we should have gotten one but knowing SE I should have expected this from them. Also I think blm should have gotten better spells at 96-99.

Monk has gotten a new belt to wear instead of Black Belt. Haven't you been looking around?

Bur seriously, and on the other hand, if there was something comparable in all of the jobs - a weapon or piece of armor that a big part of what that job is, it'd be cool for some kind of upgrade or even sidegrade to them, if only for the spirit of linking older ffxi to new. However, not ever job has that kind of item, so it wouldn't happen. Plus, Black Belt is still amazing, so, there's that, too.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Serveur: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-12-17 01:49:31
Link | Citer | R

what would even be the point?

Can cap haste w/ a damn brown or twilight belt, yet alone a black belt or w/e the belt you're looking for would have.
 Leviathan.Percival
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Percival 2011-12-17 02:08:23
Link | Citer | R

call it the chuck norris belt
 Bismarck.Diablosword
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Diablosword 2011-12-17 02:26:36
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Percival said: »
call it the chuck norris belt
Cant do that, he already endorses WoW -.-;
 Leviathan.Cleia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Tori
By Leviathan.Cleia 2011-12-17 04:03:59
Link | Citer | R

More importantly, what would you even call such a belt...

A raaainnnbooowwwwwnnn beeellltttt !

°0° !!
 Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Milliniar
By Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar 2011-12-17 05:06:36
Link | Citer | R

Red Belt some martial arts use it at later dans or "grandmaster"
 Ragnarok.Gands
user: Gands
By Ragnarok.Gands 2011-12-17 09:04:13
Link | Citer | R

Atori-Tutori's belt!
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-12-17 09:13:49
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Quote: »

Monk has gotten a new belt to wear instead of Black Belt. Haven't you been looking around?

Bur seriously, and on the other hand, if there was something comparable in all of the jobs - a weapon or piece of armor that a big part of what that job is, it'd be cool for some kind of upgrade or even sidegrade to them, if only for the spirit of linking older ffxi to new. However, not ever job has that kind of item, so it wouldn't happen. Plus, Black Belt is still amazing, so, there's that, too.

I like this idea. An item that symbolizes that job and gives it an edge in whatever situation the job specializes in. We do have JSW at 89 and of course AF but MNK has all of that plus the Black Belt. I'm trying to think of what another job could have that matches that sort of thing and I'm having a brain fart. Maybe ya'll can think of something.

Or we could just let it go that BB won't be upgraded and move along.
First Page 2