users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Achievement System
Achievement System
 Asura.Wormfeeder
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2015-06-24 09:30:17
Link | Citer | R

Also when i try tp login to the ls community it keeps telling me my user name and password are invalid. Tried sending se an email but that service is down for maintenance.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [141 days between previous and next post]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-12 10:56:33
Link | Citer | R

I think the 22 Master titles would be worthy to insert as achievements. Should be easily tracked as it just requires one to complete all JP of a class.
Administrator
By Rooks 2015-11-12 11:01:51
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I think the 22 Master titles would be worthy to insert as achievements. Should be easily tracked as it just requires one to complete all JP of a class.

That's fair. Should be easy enough to do.

Also, I've already added Aeonics to my development environment, and am currently listing them as equivalent to mythics. Opinions on that are welcomed.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-12 11:02:33
Link | Citer | R

Well we'll have to see what it takes to complete them to really judge their points value. We'll see I suppose.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-11-12 11:05:58
Link | Citer | R

Btw, nothing new on the SoA/RoV missions front? :/
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [91 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Protey
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2016-02-11 10:51:45
Link | Citer | R

REMs have variable points based on how far they have been upgraded. With the advent of the Level 119 III weapons it is time to be updated again. I also suggest that those who didn't skip Level 119 II be given more points since getting 250 marrows/150 scoria/3,000 riftcinders >>>>>>>>>> 10,000 beitetsu/boulders/plutons.
By Ramyrez 2016-02-11 10:54:44
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Protey said: »
REMs have variable points based on how far they have been upgraded. With the advent of the Level 119 III weapons it is time to be updated again. I also suggest that those who didn't skip Level 119 II be given more points since getting 250 marrows/150 scoria/3,000 riftcinders >>>>>>>>>> 10,000 beitetsu/boulders/plutons.

Seems difficult to implement given I think at least some Empyreans were registering at level 99 for people who never got them there (specifically shield/harp, though while they don't have 119 counterparts, it still may be indicative of a problem registering so many items of the same name?).
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2016-02-11 11:04:29
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

Seems difficult to implement given I think at least some Empyreans were registering at level 99 for people who never got them there (specifically shield/harp, though while they don't have 119 counterparts, it still may be indicative of a problem registering so many items of the same name?).

This is precisely the reason why. Ochain in particular gave a lot of people level 99, and there were some erroneous afterglows as well.

Now that legendaries are "complete", the point structure for them is getting revamped anyway. As it currently exists, you get a 10% bonus for each unique item in the list - so for a relic, the multiple ToTM 75 stages don't give you anything, but once it bumps up to 80, 10% more. The problem with this is that not all stages are created equal. Empyrean 90->95 is a whole lot more annoying than relic 90->95, for example. So I'll be going through and trying to assign reasonable point values per stage.

The afterglow stage, in this new system, won't be worth any more than a regular 99; anyone with an actual afterglow already has the III version, and anyone with an erroneous afterglow shouldn't get points for it.

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Btw, nothing new on the SoA/RoV missions front? :/

I never did get access to the GW plugin, so I can't do what I was going to do with key items. For SoA I could probably key completion off of the rings or Councillor body piece; not sure what I'd use for RoV.
[+]
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2016-02-11 11:05:43
Link | Citer | R

Ramyrez said: »

Good question, one that Rooks may or may not be able to come up with a solution.

Edit: and he already replied. The man is on the ball.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-11 11:06:06
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, even without the random afterglows showing up in people's profiles, I'm pretty sure there's no way of distinguishing between a Level 119 III weapon made the "hard way" and one made the "easy way" unless they happened to have the old afterglow on their profile, which wouldn't be fair to anyone who joins after the fact.
 Leviathan.Protey
By Leviathan.Protey 2016-02-11 11:09:16
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Yeah, even without the random afterglows showing up in people's profiles, I'm pretty sure there's no way of distinguishing between a Level 119 III weapon made the "hard way" and one made the "easy way" unless they happened to have the old afterglow on their profile, which wouldn't be fair to anyone who joins after the fact.

Any new person would just have to hit update profile while they have the Level 119 II to make sure it shows up, then go upgrade it to Level 119 III.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-02-11 11:13:14
Link | Citer | R

Any new person would just have to hit update profile while they have the Level 119 II to make sure it shows up, then go upgrade it to Level 119 III.

That wouldn't do anything for people who are new after they already made it. Besides, they're just bragging points. Life goes on.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-02-11 11:15:43
Link | Citer | R

That wouldn't do anything for people who are new after they already made it. Besides, they're just bragging points. Life goes on.

I dunno, man. 13 years playing this game, I'm starting to have my doubts.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-02-11 11:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Jaerik said: »
The FFXIAH Achievement Point System has recently become the subject of many Suggestion forum topics. Most of this debate centers around how achievements are weighted and calculated in our system.

We will not be making any additions or changes to the achievement system at this time.

Our experience in the past has shown that every time we have honored a request to modify the achievement system, it has spawned an exponential number of demands for further additions and changes, with no net increase in overall user satisfaction. This implies that taking further user input on this particular subject is unwise.

Users' perception of an item's measurement of "achievement" is directly related to their own investment in said item. Thus, accepting input in the form of sporadic suggestion posts cannot accurately represent the overall objective value of an item for all users. On the other hand, implementing an ongoing, complex multi-level voting system to determine Achievement Point item sets and relative value has been rejected by the FFXIAH.com administration as unwieldy and untenable -- a view shared by every other achievement measurement system in the industry, including XBox.

The "end game" of MMO's is already primarily a competition over subjective feelings of personal accomplishment relative to others. The FFXIAH.com Achievement Point System was never intended to serve as an infallible, objective, codified and universal numerical representation of this same end-game competition. That is what the game itself is for. If users are treating the system as such, that is a mistake that we do not want to reinforce by further modifying it.

I apologize in advance if this decision upsets some of our users. I know this is a very sensitive subject, and please be assured that we did not make this decision lightly.

This is not a statement implying we will never add to or modify the Achievement Point system in the future -- after further discussion, we may even tweak it relatively soon. However, if we do so, it will be due to internal debate only, and not user input.

The fact that this topic survived from 2009-to 2016 is an achievement !
By Draylo 2016-02-11 15:57:23
Link | Citer | R

Easy to say that when you haven't actually made the weapon...
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-03 04:46:29
Link | Citer | R

Could I suggest Synergy be worth more achievement points? Unless I'm mistaken it seems to have the same weighting as all other crafts but frankly, for me, levelling up crafting is a breeze, whereas getting synergy to just level 27 where I have left it for quite a while, felt like an incredible chore.
 Phoenix.Morier
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2016-03-03 04:57:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Could I suggest Synergy be worth more achievement points? Unless I'm mistaken it seems to have the same weighting as all other crafts but frankly, for me, levelling up crafting is a breeze, whereas getting synergy to just level 27 where I have left it for quite a while, felt like an incredible chore.
Spamming earth while not losing any materials, is not hard at all.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-03 05:07:02
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Morier said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Spamming earth while not losing any materials, is not hard at all.
Fair enough if you find it simple, maybe I'm different but while the method to skill up is simple, spamming the same thing over and over with a pretty poor skill up rate gets pretty braindead boring.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-03-03 05:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
Opinions on that are welcomed.
I dunno.
On one hand AT THE CURRENT MOMENT Aeonics are hard to obtain, and their difficulty is the fact that those NMs are really really tough to bring down.
So, right now, they're likely the hardest weapons to obtain.

But when (IF!) those monsters will become more farmable, Aeonics will become the EASIEST weapons to obtain. A full group could obtain a full set of weapons at the same time doing kills together (a couple of days of work once you have the 50k Beads and a group who can kill them).

So... it's hard to find a balance for evaluating their worth in an achievement system. Kinda depends if those mobs will ever become noticeably easier than they are now (nerfs, SE releases official details on strat, new powerful gear or job/system adjustments etc) or if they will stay like that.

On another note for Achievement points: Rook I can't stress enough how I really really think you should change the value of Job Points. If you don't want to nerf the MeritPoints:AchievementPoints ratio (I think you should!) then you really need to raise the JobPoints:AchievementPoints ratio.
We could argue all day wether or not Job Points are hard, but one thing that I'm sure every single player on these boards would agree with is that they certainly require more work/dedication than Merit Points and, as such, should be worth AT LEAST the same amount. (Imho more, of course).

I know this is the Nth time this issue gets brought up to you, but I really think that's one thing you could easily update without giving birth to too much drama/debates.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-03 06:13:41
Link | Citer | R

I agree about merit points, on calculating merit points and job points based on my own values it came out as 37 points per merit and 8 per job point.

I understand the ramifications of upping job point values due to the large number that can be obtained so perhaps it is time for merit point values to drop.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2016-03-03 07:03:02
Link | Citer | R

During the XP campaign I was farming 75 merits in like 7 minutes in Ru'aun with a couple of other people, everyone killing their own target.
Seriously, no reason for Merits to be worth more points than JPs
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [919 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Esmrambo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Esmrambo
By Fenrir.Esmrambo 2018-09-08 17:00:10
Link | Citer | R

Why do my achievements not show in the tally? Many of the achievements that I have completed in the past couple years don't show. Like none of my relic or empyrean items are counted.