Usukane Shoes? Worth Getting For Tp/advice On Salv

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » usukane shoes? worth getting for tp/advice on salv
usukane shoes? worth getting for tp/advice on salv
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-13 08:37:38
Link | Citer | R

javelinx said: »
lol go parse it, it does, by about 2-5% depending on some variables, but u need large leaps in skill, like every 50 skill lvls=.3 or .5% parry rate.

I'd love to see your sample size and testing method for you to be able to reliably conclude, establish a formula for, and unbiasedly present to us the ability for one to obtain a difference of less than 5% in proc rate on an event that's unpredictable, randomized, and is influenced by an incredible amount of variables including, but not limited to, enemy level, gear, enemy accuracy, and a plethora of other attributes.

You do realize also that parry rate is different depending on your enemy's level in relation to your own? On anything tougher than Pascerpot your alleged 5% increase is going to be floored and rendered null.

Also - even if you do parry, you're shaving off less than a single hit (4% tp), meanwhile I'm taking only 22 hits instead of 24 every single time to get to 100% tp. You're fighting a losing battle.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-13 08:39:55
Link | Citer | R

and holy cow, u need to research things, the delay of your weapon DIRECTLY infulences how much tp you get per swing lol...wow.
And nothing else influences the tp you receive from each swing. Only tactical parry. Nothing else.

Also if you're talking about 1 handed jobs, both of the weapons delays are combined and then reduced depending on the level of your Dual wield trait. Go back to playing sam.
By javelinx 2011-12-13 08:40:19
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tamoa said: »
af3 2/5 (dual wield body on,ocelot hands (once again assuming tanking, more agi needed, and usu feet) twilight belt, puts u at 26% haste yeah

I find what you are saying here somewhat confusing, but assuming you are saying af3 head and legs, ninja chainmail, ocelot hands, usukane feet and twilight belt. That's 25% haste, not 26%.

And just wondering - do you have a 2nd character with nin leveled? If not, how can you be so certain about some of your statements regarding nin's tp gear @ lvl 95? Asking out of sheer curiosity btw.

ur right, in my mind i had ocelot as 4% haste, and they are 3, so replace that with dusk+1. and I have had 3 Javelins on 3 diff servers over the last 7 years, separated by combat deployments in the army, etc, etc. i have at one point or another lvl'd every job to w/e the cap was at the time.
By javelinx 2011-12-13 08:42:28
Link | Citer | R

other than newer toag and wotg jobs, i have not lvl'd those completely
By javelinx 2011-12-13 08:44:24
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Wulfshadow said: »
and holy cow, u need to research things, the delay of your weapon DIRECTLY infulences how much tp you get per swing lol...wow.
And nothing else influences the tp you receive from each swing. Only tactical parry. Nothing else.

Also if you're talking about 1 handed jobs, both of the weapons delays are combined and then reduced depending on the level of your Dual wield trait. Go back to playing sam.

taken from wiki,

"Dual Wield only applies to one-handed weapons.
TP per hit is calculated using the reduced Delay.
When dual wielding weapons with different Delays, the average Delay (reduction included) is used for the TP calculations; both weapons will gain the same TP."
By javelinx 2011-12-13 08:45:11
Link | Citer | R

reading win
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-13 08:45:29
Link | Citer | R

inb4 moderator removal lol, i think it was obvious i was talking about capped haste, and no stp doesn't "greatly reduce" the amount of hits for DW's to get to 100% tp lol, it's a splash in the barrel unless ur sacrificing other tanking stats for moar stp...once again...while tanking, which im sure schat does plenty off, bcus she has a kannagi, so thats a pretty big piece of the puzzle to take into account. with an extra 7 stp u might get an extra how much tp in between each ws? whereas ur very likely to get parry or 2 every 30s or so, which is almost an extra attack round worth of tp if ur wearing boots.
You don't know what you're talking about, stop trying.
7 STP makes a consistent 2 hits shaved off on your way to 100 TP, meanwhile you're throwing yourself on the mercy of a 15% proc rate which won't happen more often than it will for (guess what) the same exact results. Meanwhile you're losing out on both the additional attack that 1 handed jobs crave desperately in almost every scenario, and accuracy for content actually worth giving a damn about tanking.
[+]
By javelinx 2011-12-13 08:49:51
Link | Citer | R

i want to see you parse it lol, i've already seen it parsed, and parsed it myself quite a few times, jp's have been testing maths for ffxi for longer than you've been an adult probably, and i don't keep 5 year old parses lol

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Talk:Parrying_Skill

used to be a parse in there, dunno now.
 Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2011-12-13 08:50:42
Link | Citer | R

You're arguing 7stp won't knock off some hits?
By javelinx 2011-12-13 08:56:50
Link | Citer | R

not at all, i just dont see it making the same diff as when you're tanking and actually using tactical parry against a mob that is worth while, i don't know how often ive seen some random pic of a nin or thf or dnc parrying some random ja on this site lol, so u don't want extra tp when that happens? particularly mobs that are monkish, and hit really fast, u tend to get more parries per attack round than u would on something like dragua, not to mention the stp is awesome when you're attacking slow as sh!t (compared to when fully hasted), bcus the mob you're tanking just wiped all ur buffs (tell me it doesnt happen in VW, and i call u a lie lol)
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-13 08:57:02
Link | Citer | R

i want to see you parse it lol, i've already seen it parsed, and parsed it myself quite a few times, jp's have been testing maths for ffxi for longer than you've been an adult probably, and i don't keep 5 year old parses lol

ok
so let me get this straight
not only are you not arguing against usu feet anymore (presumably because you have nothing left to go on)
but you're trying to rationalize your gimping yourself by using af3+2 feet based on a parse that you not only don't have anymore, but was conducted over 5 years ago, meanwhile providing me a link to eyeballing and (and I quote)
Quote:
These are, of course, purely out of no where. It's the only determination that I can make at the current time, and these are by no means accurate

I think we're done here
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-12-13 08:58:10
Link | Citer | R

You could augment kitty pants with 5 stp/4 crit dmg and skip the usu feet for now.
[+]
By javelinx 2011-12-13 09:01:30
Link | Citer | R

ok
so let me get this straight
not only are you not arguing against usu feet anymore (presumably because you have nothing left to go on)
but you're trying to rationalize your gimping yourself by using af3+2 feet based on a parse that you not only don't have anymore, but was conducted over 5 years ago, meanwhile providing me a link to eyeballing and (and I quote)
Quote:
These are, of course, purely out of no where. It's the only determination that I can make at the current time, and these are by no means accurate

I think we're done here

if the parse isn't there any more i can't control that, and the parse i did was done long ago, but if u look there are a lot more out there, check BG for one, im sure there's at least 10 parry posts posted there somewhere.

and once again reading is ftw, i actually said that usu had it's place, but that iga is better for tanking, i may have typed that b4 u even started talking lol
By javelinx 2011-12-13 09:02:49
Link | Citer | R

and gn, just got off mid shift and i'm long overdue for sleeps
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-13 09:03:17
Link | Citer | R

not at all, i just dont see it making the same diff as when you're tanking and actually using tactical parry against a mob that is worth while, i don't know how often ive seen some random pic of a nin or thf or dnc parrying some random ja on this site lol, so u don't want extra tp when that happens? particularly mobs that are monkish, and hit really fast, u tend to get more parries per attack round than u would on something like dragua, not to mention the stp is awesome when you're attacking slow as sh!t (compared to when fully hasted), bcus the mob you're tanking just wiped all ur buffs (tell me it doesnt happen in VW, and i call u a lie lol)
That's the problem, it's random, you can't predict it, and the probability that you'll receive over 2 parries per time to reach 100% tp in order to out-do usu feet is abysmal. Meanwhile, while you're sitting there waiting for parry to proc for that 5 minutes that you're evading the mob instead, I'm getting 100% tp faster than you by one whole attack round every time. Want to know why? Because STP doesn't have to proc, it's a constant and dependable stat that will provide consistent and reliable results. And in regards to your other statement, the *** wouldn't you be hasted? The buff itself lasts for 3 minutes and can be cast by anyone /whm, soon to be /rdm as well. There's no reason for someone with hate to not be hasted. (Not that if you weren't it would disqualify the STP for usu feet anyways.)

I swear to god, I'm half expecting to refresh the page to see him say "STP takes time to proc." I'm not even kidding.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-13 09:06:46
Link | Citer | R

goodnight :)
By javelinx 2011-12-13 09:06:48
Link | Citer | R

why did i look back...u wouldn't be hasted bcus teh mob thats worth killing, has a wipe buffs move...like almost all VW mobs have in 1 form or another...so it wipes ur brd songs, ur haste, ur cor rolls, etc, and it usually does that as annoyingly often as it can. so if ur too worried about getting haste 100% while doing VW, u may want to look on as you lose hp from not getting cures.
By javelinx 2011-12-13 09:08:06
Link | Citer | R

and for the "thats what multiple whm's are for" type of argument...there are ppl that low man VW up to a certain tier,and don't want/have that luxury.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-13 09:09:58
Link | Citer | R

why did i look back...u wouldn't be hasted bcus teh mob thats worth killing, has a wipe buffs move...like almost all VW mobs have in 1 form or another...so it wipes ur brd songs, ur haste, ur cor rolls, etc, and it usually does that as annoyingly often as it can. so if ur too worried about getting haste 100% while doing VW, u may want to look on as you lose hp from not getting cures.
Which is why I mentioned the fact that anyone /whm or soon to be /rdm on wednesday will have the haste spell at their disposal. Brds, blms, smns, any of them is capable of providing the haste spell in the event of a full dispel (rarer than you're implying btw, unless you die because you were trying to tank voidwatch on ninja in the first place :) ).
 Asura.Tamoa
Serveur: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-12-13 09:13:04
Link | Citer | R

Uh, am I missing something here? It's not like wearing af3 +2 feet makes you attack any faster than you do with usukane feet - with or without haste. In fact you'll get to 100tp slower with af3 +2 feet than with usukane feet. Still both with or without haste. Which is what Wulfshadow's been saying a couple of times at least?
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-13 09:19:32
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Tamoa said: »
Uh, am I missing something here? It's not like wearing af3 +2 feet makes you attack any faster than you do with usukane feet - with or without haste. In fact you'll get to 100tp slower with af3 +2 feet than with usukane feet. Still both with or without haste. Which is what Wulfshadow's been saying a couple of times at least?
He's a lost cause :/

I just hope OP got what they need.

Long story short, either use this:

or substitute af3+2 legs for perfect byakko's along with usu feet for af3+2 feet in that set.

For voidwatch content, I'm sure nightfyre has some bizarre martian sets that he uses which are probably the best, so I would look to his itemsets for what you'd use there. These 2 sets are best used inside abyssea.

-edit- Oh, also put suppanomimi on the left
 Leviathan.Kincard
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2011-12-13 09:28:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
You could augment kitty pants with 5 stp/4 crit dmg and skip the usu feet for now.

Kitty pants can get 5 STP? I've been past like, 100 scraps and I've only ever seen it go up to 3.

Man this scrap synergy can *** itself 6 ways from Sunday. Every time I see that 130 pnz message I get my hopes up, only for it to be another goddamn STP+3 VIT+6 MND+3 augment.
By javelinx 2011-12-13 09:37:29
Link | Citer | R

so i can't find cell phone to set alarm to wake up on time after i go to sleep, so i wait to remember where i put it...but

"I'm sure nightfyre has some bizarre martian sets that he uses which are probably the best"

this....yes

TP DW
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-12-13 10:22:39
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
This pretty much stopped me from considering anything you had to say.
[+]
By Kaerin 2011-12-13 16:21:38
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Quote:
This pretty much stopped me from considering anything you had to say.

If two people are arguing about something on the internet, and one of them has extremely poor grammar, that will almost always be the person who is wrong.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-13 16:32:32
Link | Citer | R

"I'm sure nightfyre has some bizarre martian sets that he uses which are probably the best"

this....yes

TP DW
Do us all a favor and quote in full.

For voidwatch content, I'm sure nightfyre has some bizarre martian sets that he uses which are probably the best
There we go. Key word: voidwatch. I don't use that set for high-eva content and especially not on content where using Shinobi Ring could get you killed. It might be feasible for cities T4, but Jeuno/Zilart T3 need substantially more accuracy. It's also worth noting that I'm using Iga Kyahan +2 in that set because I actually need the additional haste to cap, not because of something as ridiculous as Tactical Parry.

For Voidwatch, I tend to go with this set:

It uses Iga Kyahan, yes... but again, it's because I need the haste. If I had Alucinor Mitts I'd use those + Usukane feet to achieve 25% haste with minimal acc lost. Thought about Dusk +1/Koga + Usukane anyway but I generally parse slightly below capped hitrate on T3s (probably from the mob spinning and losing Innin's acc bonus). If I'm feeling good about my accuracy, I might go for this:

Or Haidate/Iga +2 as appropriate (Innin ftw again, more a question of hitrate within the context of Voidwatch), but again, haste. Every time, I'm only using the Kyahan to support the use of my Haidate.

Also, a reminder: you do get TP from parries even without the feet. You're only getting 1.5 more TP per parry with Kyahan +2. Do you really think that's better than or even remotely competitive with Usukane Sune-ate?
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-13 17:07:16
Link | Citer | R

Night how do you even have room for all your situational hybrid builds?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-13 18:00:21
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
Night how do you even have room for all your situational hybrid builds?
I don't, lol. I keep surplus NIN items in my sack and swap gear in/out depending on my current needs. I also don't carry any regen gear that doesn't have use in another set, minor fast cast items (debating this but meh), MDB gear (I do have capped MDT though), waltz gear, or a -interruption set for NIN (Yasha +1 set being the primary offender, everything else I have for other jobs). Even with that I'm missing a few items, and next update looks like it will only exacerbate my inventory woes.