[Dev] I Wants To Attack WHILE Casting!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » [Dev] I Wants to Attack WHILE Casting!
[Dev] I Wants to Attack WHILE Casting!
 Cerberus.Katsukora
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Katsukora
By Cerberus.Katsukora 2011-12-12 22:22:46
Link | Citer | R

Personally, I don't see what's so wrong with RDM melee. Sure it's kinda pointless when it comes to maybe big end events, but normal parties? When I was leveling it pre-Aht Urghan, I pretty much melee'd up to 60, until someone finally said no. Yet in that time, I was able to keep up with healing as well as keep the haste/refresh cycle going. I understand the whole don't feed the monster TP deal, but still, it's gonna get fed quickly anyway with 5 people on it, plus pets.

But anyway, yes, the whole attacking through casting is a dumb suggestion. I always time it to cast after each swing whether it be RDM or PLD, even DRG for HB triggers.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2011-12-12 22:28:22
Link | Citer | R

why dont we just give everyone a move that will one shot any mob in the game and have it that can never die.... o come on why ask for stupid ***when game is already down the shitter because of abyssea
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-12 22:34:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Katsukora said: »
Personally, I don't see what's so wrong with RDM melee. Sure it's kinda pointless when it comes to maybe big end events, but normal parties? When I was leveling it pre-Aht Urghan, I pretty much melee'd up to 60, until someone finally said no. Yet in that time, I was able to keep up with healing as well as keep the haste/refresh cycle going. I understand the whole don't feed the monster TP deal, but still, it's gonna get fed quickly anyway with 5 people on it, plus pets.
If you can keep up with normal duties and not cause problems it's fine, the problem is the people who insist on exclusively focusing on themselves and their output and claim that melee RDM is the best thing since sliced bread.

Quote:
I always time it to cast after each swing whether it be RDM or PLD, even DRG for HB triggers.
Huh?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-12-12 22:37:09
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Cerberus.Katsukora said: »
If you can keep up with normal duties and not cause problems it's fine, the problem is the people who insist on exclusively focusing on themselves and their output and claim that melee RDM is the best thing since sliced bread.

I remember having a few RDMs that managed to melee and keep up with normal stuff back in colibri-parties, was actually pretty cool when they managed properly lol
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-13 02:02:41
Link | Citer | R

I use to melee in merit parties on whm, and pull. I miss those merit parties sometimes, so laid back that even a mage didn't have to do much to keep the party going.
 Phoenix.Morier
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2011-12-13 02:30:54
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Ryanx said: »
why dont we just give everyone a move that will one shot any mob in the game and have it that can never die.... o come on why ask for stupid ***when game is already down the shitter because of abyssea

Yes the game is down the shitter because of abyssea. Lots of that ***abyssea gear you have on there, oh and a masamune, that ***weapon from ***abyssea. You are covered in ***from a ***add on series from a ***game, right?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-13 02:35:33
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Morier said: »

Yes the game is down the shitter because of abyssea. Lots of that ***abyssea gear you have on there, oh and a masamune, that ***weapon from ***abyssea. You are covered in ***from a ***add on series from a ***game, right?
What, you think that someone who uses gear from abyssea has no right to say it ruined the game?

I personally wouldn't miss any of the gear or empy weapons. I'm sure they could have come up with something different that didn't turn people into gods and didn't make other areas completely empty 99% of the time.

I'm sure there are a few dozen ideas out there that would have been better than abyssea. The game needed something to bring it back to life, and abyssea did help. That doesn't make it the best choice.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2011-12-13 02:37:48
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Fenrir.Mesic
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2011-12-13 02:39:34
Link | Citer | R

I imagine at this point SE has a "boy who cried wolf" mentality when it comes to reading english complaints lately.

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Phoenix.Morier said: »

What, you think that someone who uses gear from abyssea has no right to say it ruined the game?

I personally wouldn't miss any of the gear or empy weapons. I'm sure they could have come up with something different that didn't turn people into gods and didn't make other areas completely empty 99% of the time.

I'm sure there are a few dozen ideas out there that would have been better than abyssea. The game needed something to bring it back to life, and abyssea did help. That doesn't make it the best choice.
I agree with this, although aby was extremely fun, it was so by spiking the enjoyment, leaving people with not much to do and made anything else seem lackluster and slow. It was kind of like crack, people would crush up their transverses stones and live it up for 30-48 mins.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-13 03:02:46
Link | Citer | R

lol, I think I have like 600 or so stones >.> haven't checked in a while.
 Fenrir.Mesic
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2011-12-13 03:15:11
Link | Citer | R

I bet you could even blame all these stupid suggestions on the basis of aby, give people an inch and then they want a mile.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-12-13 03:17:06
Link | Citer | R

To be honest, this was an idea in the back of my head specifically for DRKs as a passive trait to further their DPS since their weapons are high delay in nature to begin with, and most don't bother to cast unless the situation and time permits them as casting tends to suffer their melee DPS significantly.

However, an outright elimination of the delay gap between melee and casting is obviously overpowered, but I think a static reduction in percent would be relatively fair and balanced once thoroughly tested.

But alas, it seems RDMs just want something to justify Temper.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-13 15:06:14
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
But alas, it seems RDMs just want something to justify Temper.
It was a RDM topic lol >.>; so I'm sure that is what SE looked at the most.

I think that if they want DRK to be some caster then this would have helped, but the rest of the jobs would have broke because of it.
 Seraph.Koroma
Serveur: Seraph
user: Koroma
By Seraph.Koroma 2011-12-13 15:27:37
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Pooman said: »
Why even respond to such a stupid *** request -_-

It's quite simple really, everyone gets pissed when SE says NO to reasonable requests so now they're only responding to HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ones.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-12-13 15:33:30
Link | Citer | R

I think the concept is fair.
But too many people want it to function for their job rather than the ones that really need it, and without limitation which is utterly ridiculous.
 Valefor.Endoq
Serveur: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2011-12-13 17:12:48
Link | Citer | R

only way i can see this being realistic is to have a stance-like ability that will reduce melee/magic speed dmg acc etc but allow casting during attacking
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-13 17:19:56
Link | Citer | R

Funny thing is mobs can cast and melee while casting...
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2011-12-13 17:29:37
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
im fine with this, i like to be at a bit of a disadvantage when playing any game, i like to face a challenge or i will just lose interest.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2011-12-13 17:30:11
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »

No.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jesi
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2011-12-13 17:38:27
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Aurilius said: »
The real reason they can't change this is because of BLU. It wouldn't overpower RDM, DRK(loltheirspellssuck), or any of the other jobs. However, it would make BLU even more retardedly powerful.

Yeah I agree. And NIN spells. But they could easily make an exception where you can't melee and cast BLU or NIN spells.

I think this would be a mostly for fun change.

I mean if they did this, how many RDM, BLMs and WHMs would be up there meleeing stuff? Not many.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-13 17:44:42
Link | Citer | R

They could even give drk a job trait that allows them to cast dark magic spells while meleeing. if that route was ever pursued.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-12-13 19:20:44
Link | Citer | R

when people said attack while casting, im sure most people meant drk only >_<
 Valefor.Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2011-12-13 21:01:45
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
when people said attack while casting, im sure most people meant drk only >_<
drk is actualy a good canidate for this imo since their spells kinda weak anyways, problem is with blood weapon active this would be crazy powerful, they would have to make it not stack with certan things like that to keep a balance
 Alexander.Almostunsane
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Almostunsane 2011-12-13 21:32:28
Link | Citer | R

but i wnted 2 lv bml and self-sc burst2 with /sam ;;
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-13 21:41:41
Link | Citer | R

Suggestions like this are the reason the developers listen to the JP forums instead.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-13 21:42:49
Link | Citer | R

Have you even looked at the buttfuckingly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE things that the JP come up with? Trust me, that isn't the reason at all.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
Serveur: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-12-13 21:45:00
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Have you even looked at the buttfuckingly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE things that the JP come up with? Trust me, that isn't the reason at all.
You've got me curious now. lol
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-13 21:47:31
Link | Citer | R

Anything you see NAs come up with likely has a JP counterpart, or worse. If you thought my cheese sandwich petition was bad, you'd be in some deep ***if you were JP.
 Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2011-12-13 21:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Being able to move while casting would have been a much better idea.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-12-13 21:57:21
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Meaikidou said: »
i think it'd be kinda cool to be able to take up to 2 steps while casting... i think due to minor lag, i end up interrupting myself by casting too early(before my character fully stops). i don't think that would be too much to ask.

Then you'd have people spamming the "W" button, to move all they want while casting. Then you'd have people using running bots.