Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » {Help Me Out!}
{Help Me Out!}
 Bahamut.Barbados
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Barbados
By Bahamut.Barbados 2009-04-27 22:05:20
Link | Citer | R

Umm... Whats a good laptop to run FFXI without any slowness?

I would like to know what good RAM/Memory/Video Card I should get too.

{Thank You!}
 Garuda.Ishkur
Serveur: Garuda
user: Ishkur
By Garuda.Ishkur 2009-04-27 22:09:07
Link | Citer | R

make sure it has a good processor, since FFXI relies heavilly on it... RAM doesn't do THAT much for perfomance. Of course it helps.
But most laptops with a good processor and video card should suffice...
Of course if you want 1337ness go for some Alienware :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Barbados
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Barbados
By Bahamut.Barbados 2009-04-27 22:17:33
Link | Citer | R

Lol
 Ramuh.Shikaku
Serveur: Ramuh
user: don114
By Ramuh.Shikaku 2009-05-02 09:56:55
Link | Citer | R

i like the 1st computer. 16mb ftw lol
 Asura.Ktjrn
Serveur: Asura
user:
By Asura.Ktjrn 2009-05-02 10:05:33
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

lol

currently for notebook i'm on a toshiba dual core AMD Processor (about 2.2gh) w/ 300 storage and 3 gigs of ram. I got mine at best buy (where i work!) and it was only about $799. havent had 1 problem yet, no lag or slowness on it (just my pc but that's a graphic card issue)
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 10:55:13
Link | Citer | R

Ishkur said:
make sure it has a good processor, since FFXI relies heavilly on it... RAM doesn't do THAT much for perfomance. Of course it helps.
But most laptops with a good processor and video card should suffice...
Of course if you want 1337ness go for some Alienware :P

Alienware isnt really that 1337 anymore. Unless you mean the price tags then yeah.

Personally I got my last computer from http://www.cyberpowerpc.com
they got lots of packages depending on what you looking to do with your comp and a high degree of custizability. Pretty decent prices too.
 Kujata.Houshisama
Serveur: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-02 11:02:13
Link | Citer | R

personally ive always thought alienware was a bigger ripoff than even apple (and thats a ripoff)

take the time, build your own computer. save a lot of money.

also, before you begin, check the ffxi compatibility with graphics cards, you can google it because i dont remember the site, but it shows which lines of nvidia and radeon cards are compatible with ffxi. it will help. doesnt matter if your graphics card is expensive as hell,... if ffxi has issues with it, it will work like a 2$ one. its happened to some of my friends.

also ive been running ffxi on a 2006 laptop (albeit an expensive laptop) since i got it. no problems. and thats before they stopped integrating the graphics cards. so newer laptops should kick the balls out of mine, and mine can still duo-box no problem... i own a gateway, and its an XP, and ive heard bad things about vista.... if i were you i'd pay to get XP back or depending on your skill with computers...... steal it. lol
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-05-02 11:04:04
Link | Citer | R

Houshisama said:

Not everyone can build their own systems. Sure, it's a lot cheaper, but if you really don't know what you are doing, you shouldn't even mess with things as such.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 11:05:45
Link | Citer | R

Celene said:
Houshisama said:

Not everyone can build their own systems. Sure, it's a lot cheaper, but if you really don't know what you are doing, you shouldn't even mess with things as such.

Its easier then it looks. Its kinda like replaceing/upgrading peices only everything lol. Though yeah learn up a little first
 Asura.Celene
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2009-05-02 11:08:30
Link | Citer | R

I've seen too many people try to build systems and drop a crap load of money on it and it flunks out within the first few months. I'd rather drop some money on a company I trust that can build systems and have it last years. That's just me, though. If you can build a good system and not screw it up, all power to you.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 11:15:13
Link | Citer | R

Celene said:
I've seen too many people try to build systems and drop a crap load of money on it and it flunks out within the first few months. I'd rather drop some money on a company I trust that can build systems and have it last years. That's just me, though. If you can build a good system and not screw it up, all power to you.

I'm just sorta not a fan of prefabs. Thats why I went to cyberpower I had could change anything I wanted from the type of fans to how much good other stuff is. Though I did make the mistake of getting a really good graphics card not compatible with ffxi lol
 Kujata.Houshisama
Serveur: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-02 11:31:18
Link | Citer | R

Celene said:

actually.... even prefabricated ones have their issues.

for instance dells motherboards consistently have problems with their motherboards for some reason. their capacitors are bad and they pop, leaking acid on the board usually ruining the board, ram, cards etc...

my desktop was good for 3 years.... then pop. not really worth it IMO especially since they didnt want to guarantee it anymore. even with extended warranty

i know alienwares have compatibility problems between parts which cause them all to not function as well....... and you'd think that for something so expensive you would get good value, but thats a dangerous assumption anywhere in life

HP's also have firmware issues, idk what their problem is.... but ***keeps going unrecognized by the startup which is annoying as piss to me....
thats as far as that goes...

so anyway, i agree that its not easy for the average computer user to build a PC but it's also not as hard as you think... and when you make it yourself you are free of the company's interference with the base hardware.
and i think it'd be a good idea for anyone in todays world to learn a bit more about what they use what is more than likely daily. why you'd want to continue to use something without not knowing about how it works is beyond me.... but keep in mind it can also save you money. you get charged for everything you dont know in life >_>

ninja edit: just out of anger issues i have for apple, im not going there....... ugh