Bugbear Strongman Exists?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Bugbear Strongman exists?
Bugbear Strongman exists?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-11-04 16:48:44
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
ARGUS.
THERE IS NO WORKING TOGETHER WITH OTHERS.

Enough said.
He's also not part of a magian trial and dare I say is supposed to be annoying. Not really relevant anymore due to Peacock Charm being fairly inexpensive (500k now on Cerb but that wouldn't take long to get). It's like cool if you get the ra/ex version but meh.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-11-04 17:30:34
Link | Citer | R

Eeeyup, they changed Hovering Hotpot when they added new mobs and moved his pop location. All four kills, he popped within 45 minutes of the window opening. No more griping.

Manbear Strongbug, though, remains to be evil. Highly variable. GET A BOOK OR A GAME OR SOMETHING.
[+]
 Siren.Balias
Serveur: Siren
user: Balias
By Siren.Balias 2011-11-04 21:25:51
Link | Citer | R

I can never seem to find that stupid nm dhalmel in Tahronghi Canyon for Almace sword trial. SE must have a grudge against me... I feel your pain.
 Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Degeneration 2011-11-04 21:36:51
Link | Citer | R

I guess I was very lucky with that Bugbear Strongman pops. It took me to finish it within 3 hours back to back for my Twashtar. it was not the worse lottery NM actually.
 Shiva.Xellith
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-11-04 22:06:35
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Balias said: »
I can never seem to find that stupid nm dhalmel in Tahronghi Canyon for Almace sword trial. SE must have a grudge against me... I feel your pain.

Bolded for emphasis.
 Cerberus.Weissberv
user: Weissberv
By Cerberus.Weissberv 2011-11-04 22:10:30
Link | Citer | R

I personally never had a problem with the bugbear years ago when I camped it for the SAM legs. It popped five times within 4 hours and I got the legs I wanted.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [698 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Shammy
user: Shamann
By Carbuncle.Shammy 2013-10-03 09:33:19
Link | Citer | R

I am currently experiencing the same issue. I have been killing PH for 3 days. Stopping for work and sleep only. When I do leave I lock onto the PH. When I come back im still locked onto the same PH. I know it hasnt been killed. All in all I have spent 22 hours killing placeholders and another 26 hours either working or sleeping in the last 3 days. Has not popped yet. Is this something I should call a GM about or continue to grind on? Working on armegeddon. Any input is appreciated!
By fonewear 2013-10-03 09:47:50
Link | Citer | R

Best bet for any lottery NM is to team up with JP if you can because of time zone difference it makes it a lot easier.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-10-03 10:32:58
Link | Citer | R

Just keep at it. There are actually 2 Strongman NMs in the dat files. One for each of the PH locations. However only one PH can spawn at a time. When I did mine, I went 30+ with nothing, and then they both popped within 30 minutes of each other.

Be thankful they did change Hovering Hotpot. I spent 48+ hours camping it and no pop. It's now easier
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-10-03 10:46:25
Link | Citer | R

They can pop back to back. I used to camp this NM back in the days to sell the Haidate, I have had several NM > NM.

Just make sure to kill the PH every time and farm moblins around for quick money.

No need to call a GM for this, faster to make a bug report on the forums. But I can tell you that there is no bug with this NM at the moment, just keep at it.
By itchi508 2013-10-03 11:12:42
Link | Citer | R

There is no issue, its just a *** to pop. I have had him take well over 20hours to pop. I use to farm for hiadates as well as For a few emps. Keep at it he will pop and most likeley pop back to back. As he does that pretty often id say almost on regular from what i have experienced. GL
 Carbuncle.Shammy
user: Shamann
By Carbuncle.Shammy 2013-10-04 07:18:44
Link | Citer | R

Well he finally popped last night.... so almost 30 game hours plus all the time away... long spawn. Wasnt back to back either. All good. Back to camping him later
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2865 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-08-08 00:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Screw this NM and the Goblins he road in on.
[+]