users online
Forum » FFXIV » Media » post your super materia items
post your super materia items
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10
By aceaircav 2012-02-19 12:58:08
Link | Citer | R

hp vs Def materia.... pros and cons
pros for HP,
can put it in every slot, is effective against both magic and normal attacks.

pros for def
against normal attacks its far more effective, point for point the materia is worth more if you take into account one def can reduce damage as much as 10 hit points and allows the tank to take more dammage without needing as many heals.

cons for hp
hp without def is worthless like putting hp on an archer the damage you take because of lack of def is amplified buying little, if not no time at all for the mages to have to work even harder. works more like an illusion imo. your not realy taking more damage your hp just makes it seem like it. Also you would be lucky to get 1000 hp for a complete set of hp mulit melded gear. ifrit will have no problem burning thrhough that HP with no other usefull materia added.

cons for def
less points on the materia, can only be added to two slots, is more expensive the hp materia. Def, (at the moment) is worthless against magic attacks.

I know enough to know that the only real effective materia for iffrit is vit, and oddly enough, eva. I find i can actually evade ifrits attacks randomly with realy low eva. i think if a tank can acheive pug lvls of eva it would actaully be very usefull , especially considering flash is about 80% effective against ifrit and has a relativly short cooldown. that being said , I suppose a small part of me still hopes to see def fixed to be effective against magic, kinda the same way the merged shell and pro for conj. we still have magic def, its just not a stat of its own. that being said, Ifrit is just one mob. Fights like moogle , def is far more usefull because of moogles higher use of physical attacks vs magic. the magic moogles are also easly taken down making that aspect of the fight far less problematic. I just cant justify using HP. It just dosent seem to be an effective way to spend materia slots. If one was looking to make a tank set specifically for Ifrit i would suggest

head = magic eva
body = vit
sheild = fire resist
sword = vit
legs = vit/dext
feet = magic eva
belt = fire resist
(add fire resist earrings and chocker, at least till we get the slot costs taken away for jewlry)
according to parsers that set up should be most effective, keeping in mind magic eva will work but only if you have enough of it corisponding to the lvl of the mob your against
I know there will be much said about what i just put in, all i can say is make the gear and parse it. reason im not a big fan of that set up is becuase , its using gimped stats and situational reasoning to build a set of gear, I just perfer to not build gear sets under those conditions. we will see what will happen to tanks as the patches continue i suppose but for now, def is a universal must for tanks soo thats how i will build
 Asura.Fondue
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-02-19 20:37:11
Link | Citer | R

people still make gearsets for ifrit? @_@
By Calemero 2012-02-19 21:33:41
Link | Citer | R

people still play this game? @_@
 Asura.Luku
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Luku
By Asura.Luku 2012-02-19 21:35:59
Link | Citer | R

^ Look at this guy...look at this guy!

What up man!

Hell yeah gear sets for Ifrit man...I look super when I use a Crown!

Ninja edit: Pointing at da Fondue's lol
By Sorrowscry 2012-02-26 08:31:50
Link | Citer | R

people still post in this thread? @-@
By silvanesti 2012-03-08 09:08:56
Link | Citer | R

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [68 days between previous and next post]
By lokedaywalker 2012-05-15 10:17:56
Link | Citer | R

By Valkyrie 2012-05-15 20:02:56
Link | Citer | R

nice guys o.o meh i can't seem to get past meld 2 lol..always breaks! i am unlucky with melds ; ;
By EstharFalcus 2012-05-16 09:08:00
Link | Citer | R

Babydoll Rapture said: »
nice guys o.o meh i can't seem to get past meld 2 lol..always breaks! i am unlucky with melds ; ;
I bet you have better luck than me.
I went 0/40 at one point...
By ladycrim 2012-05-16 12:39:49
Link | Citer | R

Esthar Falcus said: »
Babydoll Rapture said: »
I bet you have better luck than me.
I went 0/40 at one point...

That's just Elite xD
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10