Oct 13 Patch,... You Think It Ruined The Game?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Servers » Gysahl » Oct 13 Patch,... You think it ruined the game?
Oct 13 Patch,... You think it ruined the game?
First Page 2
By Datruthuhate 2011-10-13 19:24:50
Link | Citer | R

I really don't know wtf is the big deal with ppl crying about PL'ing, but I enjoyed it becuz this game lacks alot of content and spending mindless hours killing mobs just to get to rank 50 is so boring after a while. Now that they ruined the PL system & the targeting system as well, I feel alot of ppl would probably say "SE can go *&^%$ themself". Spending almost 6 months or a year to get 1 job to 50 is insane. I went through this BS on FFXI, and I'm not about to do it on 14, so unless I find a work around for the PL system, I think I'm going to really consider quiting 14. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas to getting around to the new patch?
 Midgardsormr.Redbun
Serveur: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Redbun
By Midgardsormr.Redbun 2011-10-13 20:01:58
Link | Citer | R

If your only reason for wanting to stay was PL'ing, then I suggest you don't play the game.
[+]
By valafamia 2011-10-13 20:05:16
Link | Citer | R

My suggestion... Less Q Q more pew pew.
[+]
By Jerihiri 2011-10-13 20:09:25
Link | Citer | R

6 months to a year for one 50? lol what are you smoking
[+]
By Xeonerable 2011-10-13 20:22:36
Link | Citer | R

Nope the patch didn't ruin the game.
By SniperRifle 2011-10-13 20:25:10
Link | Citer | R

You got hired to play FF14? My advice is don't quit. Wait for them to do mass layoffs that way you can still get your severance package and keep benefits for your wife and kids for 9 months.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Shadowknoll
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Shadowknoll 2011-10-13 20:33:02
Link | Citer | R

I like / dislike the new pling it sorta makes grouping with/around people your lvl to kill things your lvl pointless but its nice to get pled~

only thing I love about the update is new leve system, but ya why are you even qqing atm lol?
If you don't like grinding why are you playing a PvE game it's sorta the point?
MSPaint Winner
By OhjiMithra 2011-10-13 21:10:07
Link | Citer | R

nope, the games alot better now than it was even back when i started in july.
By Nayito 2011-10-13 21:34:14
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
I really don't know wtf is the big deal with ppl crying about PL'ing, but I enjoyed it becuz this game lacks alot of content and spending mindless hours killing mobs just to get to rank 50 is so boring after a while.

So your anwer to hours killing things, is hours standing around doing nothing?
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-10-13 21:57:23
Link | Citer | R

its not like PLing is just gone. the person being PLed just can't go afk and come back to a level 30+ character. unless i missed something, you can still claim mobs and have a high level kill them.
By Buddhsie 2011-10-13 21:59:09
Link | Citer | R

During 1.18 the lvling rate was the slowest it's been for a very long time (since the leve changes for no link bonus per kill), and my first 50 took me 2 1/2 weeks as i started during that time, that's pretty quick. It has never taken months to get something to 50, so don't be mad that lvling is slowER than 1.19 now, because it's still damn fast with the chain and link system.
By Alyssah 2011-10-13 22:47:38
Link | Citer | R

They didn't ruin anything, it was ruined when low lvls could sit and AFK while high lvls do all the dirty work.

Don't wanna run around with a bunch of LV50's who don't know what the *** they're doing cause they got PL'd the whole way there.
 Ragnarok.Shadowknoll
By Ragnarok.Shadowknoll 2011-10-13 23:19:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Patrik said: »
its not like PLing is just gone. the person being PLed just can't go afk and come back to a level 30+ character. unless i missed something, you can still claim mobs and have a high level kill them.
If someone in your group say a 48-50 is killing lvl 43 mobs by aoeing them down if your close to the lvl of the mobs in group with the lvl 50 you get max xp lol.
it's like lvl gap is 100% gone now.
By Wenuden 2011-10-13 23:25:18
Link | Citer | R

Mistress Cassanova said: »
They didn't ruin anything, it was ruined when low lvls could sit and AFK while high lvls do all the dirty work.

Don't wanna run around with a bunch of LV50's who don't know what the *** they're doing cause they got PL'd the whole way there.

This argument was ***in 11. Does it apply at all in 14, or is it still possible to learn to play a max level job at least decently in a week, and figure out the rest over the course of extended play?

(Grind does not equal skill)
By Alyssah 2011-10-13 23:27:28
Link | Citer | R

Wenuden said: »

This argument was ***in 11. Does it apply at all in 14, or is it still possible to learn to play a max level job at least decently in a week, and figure out the rest over the course of extended play?

Sorry to bust your bubble, but grinding in an EXP PT teaches you alot more then AFK leveling.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Shadowknoll
By Ragnarok.Shadowknoll 2011-10-13 23:30:43
Link | Citer | R

Alyssah said: »

Sorry to bust your bubble, but grinding in an EXP PT teaches you alot more then AFK leveling. KTHNXBAI.
it does, it cuts back on the junk you need to learn in that 1-2 weeks and maybe more.
By Scap 2011-10-13 23:31:11
Link | Citer | R

I would like to point out even with all jobs at 50 that doesn't make you good.
[+]
By Alyssah 2011-10-13 23:34:26
Link | Citer | R

Takinagi Thegreat said: »

True, but still. When you are leveling in an EXP PT instead of equipping your sword and going afk, in the mean while you can learn how to tank, maybe not like a pro, but i can guarantee you will learn something, definately more than what you would learn AFK.
By Wenuden 2011-10-13 23:34:54
Link | Citer | R

Sorry to bust your bubble, but grinding in an EXP PT teaches you alot more then AFK leveling.
I think you missed the underlying implication in my post.

Shitty players will be shitty, and good players will be good, no matter how they level.
By Alyssah 2011-10-13 23:38:45
Link | Citer | R

Shitty players will be shitty, and good players will be good, no matter how they level.
I think you missed what I was trying to implicate in my post.

People who lvl in exp pt's will 100% know more then people who get PL'd. -.- It might take only 1 week to learn everything, but still.
The person who is constantly getting PL'd won't even know half the skills/abilities he's learned when he gets to that lvl.
By Scap 2011-10-13 23:55:57
Link | Citer | R

Takinagi Thegreat said: »

True, but still. When you are leveling in an EXP PT instead of equipping your sword and going afk, in the mean while you can learn how to tank, maybe not like a pro, but i can guarantee you will learn something, definately more than what you would learn AFK.

It takes away the achievement of obtaining level 50 as well. For some people that is the only reason they play the game.
[+]
By Karbine 2011-10-14 00:23:33
Link | Citer | R

Theres really no way to justify going AFK and getting free levels, quite possibly more than 25 in one day without even playing. I fail to see peoples stance on the argument here. I am for pl. I am against afk pl.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Huttburt
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: huttburt
By Carbuncle.Huttburt 2011-10-14 02:59:35
Link | Citer | R

People who lvl in exp pt's will 100% know more then people who get PL'd. -.- It might take only 1 week to learn everything, but still.
The person who is constantly getting PL'd won't even know half the skills/abilities he's learned when he gets to that lvl.

I disagree. Especially if it's not your first 50.
By Airon 2011-10-14 04:50:35
Link | Citer | R

Lol,thats why there are so many noobs 50 around :-D.
By Alyssah 2011-10-14 06:08:17
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Huttburt said: »

Right, so someone who has a lv50 CNJ knows all about 50 GLA, so they might as well get PL'd to 50, cause they know. Well, GL, this topic bores me now. Point is, PLing that way is gone, so get your lazy *** up and go find an EXP PT. Adios.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-10-14 06:14:26
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Huttburt said: »

Right, so someone who has a lv50 CNJ knows all about 50 GLA, so they might as well get PL'd to 50, cause they know. Well, GL, this topic bores me now. Point is, PLing that way is gone, so get your lazy *** up and go find an EXP PT. Adios.

Wow calm down. Who's saying I even did PL? I just think that you overestimate the experience you get from levelling. Level 1-49 and level 50 are quite a bit different you know.
 Siren.Balias
Serveur: Siren
user: Balias
By Siren.Balias 2011-10-14 12:38:14
Link | Citer | R

like FFXIV needs more militiaone's...
 Fenrir.Jeronlmo
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Jeronlmo
By Fenrir.Jeronlmo 2011-10-14 14:31:07
Link | Citer | R

Got my first 50 in less than 2 weeks when surplus was still here, stop crying.
By MalPal 2011-10-14 14:57:18
Link | Citer | R

Thank god they got rid of pl somewhat, too many noobs acting like they are pro !
By TheFatHousecat 2011-10-14 16:39:30
Link | Citer | R

MalPal said: »
Thank god they got rid of pl somewhat, too many noobs acting like they are pro !

rofl
First Page 2