off-hand 50 swings = 25(s) + 30(d) + 22,5(t) + 10(q) = 87 hits
sum: 146 hits
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-10-09 23:07:34
Link | Citer | R

DA overprocs OAX

It is well understood that the OAX weapon will hit more times. That's not the issue. The problem is that all of those OAX offhand hits do shitty damage while feeding just as much TP. OAX is only worthwhile if your overall DPS is screwed heavily towards WS.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-10-09 23:16:35
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
DA overprocs OAX

It is well understood that the OAX weapon will hit more times. That's not the issue. The problem is that all of those OAX offhand hits do shitty damage while feeding just as much TP. OAX is only worthwhile if your overall DPS is screwed heavily towards WS.

Also the DA affects your main hand (subsequently affecting your ws) Which by the above math however wrong or right it is, is showing just 14hits more, seems like a bad trade off
By Artemicion 2011-10-10 00:19:25
Link | Citer | R

I was curious if the DA given by a weapon used on the offhand would apply as an overall effect, thus affecting your mainhand chance of double attacking or would it strictly apply to that weapon similar to the old 6% crit weapons back in the day?

Thanks for answering my naive question.
By Jacaut 2011-10-10 00:56:44
Link | Citer | R

wow went to sleep, kid woke me up and this thread blew up =D lol well it seems like im going to go with DA axe thanks for the help continue discussing as liked~
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-10 16:24:16
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
I was curious if the DA given by a weapon used on the offhand would apply as an overall effect, thus affecting your mainhand chance of double attacking or would it strictly apply to that weapon similar to the old 6% crit weapons back in the day?

Thanks for answering my naive question.
DA will work in offhand, yeah.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2011-10-24 23:41:32
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have information about trial weapon added effect activation percents? I can't find them anywhere, and for how much.Like someone said earlier I am looking for the weakens defense +15 axe and I don't wanna upgrade it if its something pidly like 10% activation and 5% def down ;/

Also, 2-4x weapons suck, high delay, low dmg. and the amount of TP you gain doesn't offset it.

If you want to do that, why not pick up a temp axe? 39 dmg, 276 dly and the Da on it is 55% and stacks with regular DA and even triple attack( resulting in 3-4 attacks on the temp axe))

**Edited for clarity**
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-24 23:44:51
Link | Citer | R

Occasionally attacks and DA aren't the same, and DA, TA, and OA don't stack at all.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2011-10-24 23:49:30
Link | Citer | R

Virtue stone: Occasionally attacks twice works seperate of double attack/triple attack %'s pick up a Virtue weapon, it stacks. How else would I get 3 attacks off Temp axe at 75? :/ or 4 at 90/95 with Eponas
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-24 23:53:27
Link | Citer | R

They aren't the same stat, so no, they don't stack. They can both proc, but not stack.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2011-10-24 23:55:19
Link | Citer | R

I feel like i'm being wooshed, so i'ma just wait for an actual response to my question.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-24 23:56:15
Link | Citer | R

Because they both procced. What's so hard to understand? That only works with the jailer OAT weapons anyways.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-24 23:58:28
Link | Citer | R

If they stacked, you'd be able to get more than 4 swings per round with TA and a Justice weapon, they don't stack, they can both proc on a normal swing, that's all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-10-25 00:00:27
Link | Citer | R

Here's a response to your actual question and not a pure statement you suggested to help someone out.
Quetzalcoatl.Lishje said: »
Does anyone have information about trial weapon added effect activation percents? I can't find them anywhere, and for how much.Like someone said earlier I am looking for the weakens defense +15 axe and I don't wanna upgrade it if its something pidly like 10% activation and 5% def down ;/

Also, 2-4x weapons suck, high delay, low dmg. and the amount of TP you gain doesn't offset it.

If you want to do that, why not pick up a temp axe? 39 dmg, 276 dly and the Da on it is 55%(stacks with regular DA and even triple attack)
Here's a response to your actual question than bickering about a statement that you threw out there to help someone:

Quote:
Last this was discussed (in a thread i made about my add-eff daggers), the add effect daggers have a problem in the proc calculation, where they will proc dramatically less when dual wielded.

Back when DNC didn't get DW, they were ok, if you wanted to be different. But unless they fixed the problem (fat chance), the add-eff weapons are totally undependable for any DW job. Also apparently they weren't too great for slow weapon jobs either.

Stick with the stat weapons, that have an effect that is always there, and won't be watered down by DW. Actually with those, you can 'double up' with DW, if you wanted to make 2.
Link
Though this is about daggers, and is not really backed up by sources, I remember hearing this awhile back when magian weapons were introduced. Hope this helps you out more than derping about temperance axe.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2011-10-25 00:00:28
Link | Citer | R

Please enlighten me.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-25 00:01:57
Link | Citer | R

Normal swing procs TA and OAT: 4 swings

OAT Proc on TA once: 4 Swings

OAT Proc on two hits of a TA: 5 Swings.

Get the picture yet? They don't stack, they can both proc on the normal swing. And yes, the OAT is high enough on justice weapons for you to notice a proc on a TA frequently.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-25 00:06:03
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
this is off the Faith Baghnakhs Page and is what had me thinking "OA stacks with TA DA but only on jailer weapons, not magian"

Quote:
If the "occasionally attacks twice" effect activates on both initial swings, Double Attack and/or Triple Attack may activate on all four of these hits, resulting in anywhere from 2-8 hits in an attack round.
Activates on both initial swings, and two swings per round, they aren't stacking, you're just getting both to proc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-10-25 00:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
this is off the Faith Baghnakhs Page and is what had me thinking "OA stacks with TA DA but only on jailer weapons, not magian"

Quote:
If the "occasionally attacks twice" effect activates on both initial swings, Double Attack and/or Triple Attack may activate on all four of these hits, resulting in anywhere from 2-8 hits in an attack round.
Activates on both initial swings, and two swings per round, they aren't stacking, you're just getting both to proc.
They aren't stacking... yet they stacked? wat
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-25 00:08:24
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »

Quote:
They aren't stacking... yet they stacked? wat
They aren't stacking, they are both proccing on the initial hit. You get a TA and an OAT on the initial hit of a H2H round, bam 4 hits, do it again with your other hand, bam another 4. That's 8.
You got a TA proc and an OAT proc on the intial hit
If they stacked, you could get upwards of 6 on any jailer weapon, and the only reason you can get upwards of 8 is because that ***procs on both *** weapons.
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2011-10-25 00:10:40
Link | Citer | R

I always figured everyone assumed that added hits were always added onto the initial hit.

Misconceptions are funny
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-25 00:11:49
Link | Citer | R

Then why did you use the term stack? Because that's not stacking, that's both proccing on the initial hit.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-25 01:16:25
Link | Citer | R

If that were the case, we'd be able to get 8 hits on any weapon, single weilding, not just the H2H one. But since H2H normally gets two attacks per round, it's obviously going to get more hits in. Still only a max of 4 hits per swing with only TA and an OAT proc.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-25 01:23:43
Link | Citer | R

how could you possibly get 8 attacks in a round with single wielding for that argument?

swing. TA OA both proc on it. TA procs on OA proc. = 6 swings per round. Unless you meant with QA?
Yes. Only reason H2H can get 8 is because it's 4 per fist, not 8 per freaking fist, which is the way you made it sound.
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-10-25 01:25:04
Link | Citer | R

Don't use Jailer weapons in 2011, Mmkay?
 Leviathan.Dodu
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-25 01:25:59
Link | Citer | R

BST is pretty attack starved, I wouldn't be at all surprised if dual STR magians were the best non-relic/mythic option.
[+]