Link | Citer | R

Ragnell said:
Icon said:
Ragnell said:
Since the subject of maat is up

So far my Elemental is capped and My Enfeebling is 4 levels away from cap

This will be my gear going in

Anything here need to change?

RDM Maat is just Sleep Nuke Sleep Nuke Sleep Nuke.

Just remember to buff yourself and be ready because he will resist sleep at least once, make sure you have bind ready. I have done the fight for other people at 70 to break their limit and I have been 2/3. I would have been 3/3 if I had Chainspelled and nuked to my hearts content earlier.

At what percent should I Chainspell and blast away?

... k, *** this up the first time ... take 2...

50% might be a bit too early ... there isn't any specific time ... you need to gauge how much damage each of your nukes are doing and how much MP you have left. You could kick it off when he resists your Sleep and that way you will be able to recover quickly.
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-04-24 13:24:02
Link | Citer | R

Most fun Maat fight so far for me is Summoner. =D Sleep to 100 tp and do regular buffs, then summon Ifrit, run in, Full Swing, Icarus Wing, Full Swing to SC Fusion, MB Inferno, wait 50 seconds, Inferno again.
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-24 13:25:18
Link | Citer | R

i killed maat on pld at lvl 70, i'm 1/1 really.. it was a tottal joke,

i just ate a Taco, had a Parade gorget, Af Campain gear ( legs and head) from sandy,

and a Joy toy

~ maat never even did over 500 dmg to me, i didn't need to heal hell >.> I didn't even kyte his 2hr xD

i dont remeber what i did thou, just ate a taco, and treated him like a Imp >.>; hits hard with magic attacks, lol but a Taco really helps, try it out :)

*Same thing w thf at lvl 70 >.> I didn't see him use PD.. Blind bolts and +25~ eva. 3 Hi pots ftw XD * tottaly forgot my bloodys * won with 276 hp :)
 Garuda.Aurilius
Serveur: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2009-04-24 13:38:29
Link | Citer | R

Make sure you have a shield bash macro that casts Cure IV right after.

I call this my "Oh ***" macro.

/ja "Shield Bash" <t>
/wait 1
/ma "Cure IV" <me>

If he hits you with an Asuran and it puts you in orange or red, use your oh ***macro. Also as previously said, save your sentinel for similar situations.

I beat him the first try as PLD, but I had joyeuse, good gear, and ate a Carbonara.

If your skills are capped and you're rocking nice gear, it really is a joke fight.
 Odin.Gaea
Serveur: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-04-24 14:10:48
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Hmm, I beat Maat on PLD a couple of years ago using no meds, just a tavnazian taco and AF armor. He hit for almost nothing, and I had several hundred MP after the fight. I believe the most his Asuran Fists did was about 60 damage. I never had to use Invincible.

I was level 66 and I'm a Tarutaru. Sword was capped and Shield was capped for level 65.

You are doing something very wrong.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-24 14:14:37
Link | Citer | R

Gaea said:

There's also a luck factor too, though. My DNC G5 was a freaking joke, but I've heard from a few people with similar strategies to mine that got their *** handed to them...

Not saying there isn't some aspect the OP isn't figuring or anything, just saying you can't rule out the luck factor...
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-04-24 15:12:17
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, luck is a factor on all my maat fights, *excludeing monk*

Maat never used Asuran fists on me
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-04-24 15:16:11
Link | Citer | R

my BRD maat was funny. I ran in with blinkband so i could spirits at 100% hp, hit him for 700 damage.. he immediately asuran fights me lol. then later in the fight he only used shoulder tackle on me.
 Bahamut.Ragnell
Serveur: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-24 15:33:49

Gaea said:
Hmm, I beat Maat on PLD a couple of years ago using no meds, just a tavnazian taco and AF armor. He hit for almost nothing, and I had several hundred MP after the fight. I believe the most his Asuran Fists did was about 60 damage. I never had to use Invincible.

I was level 66 and I'm a Tarutaru. Sword was capped and Shield was capped for level 65.

Key word was Couple years ago, I'm sure they changed something about maat over the course of time
 Bahamut.Ragnell
Serveur: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Ragnell 2009-04-24 15:34:38

Also, Anyone wanna lend me thier HQ wind staff for my maat fight :3?
 Kujata.Infinian
Serveur: Kujata
user: Infinian
By Kujata.Infinian 2009-04-25 13:57:09
Link | Citer | R

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I BEAT HIM FINALLY AND HE DIDN'T EVEN ASURAN FIST ONCE! i still had 95% of my health when i beat him too! plus i got the record... even if maintenance was a few days ago XD
 Carbuncle.Luckydeville
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Luckydeville 2009-04-25 15:04:17
Link | Citer | R

when i did pld maat fight i didn't sleep myself. I heard of to many PLDs running out of time. So I went all DD on him with hauby and junk. Pretty easy fight
 Midgardsormr.Dabamylord
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: franzsy
By Midgardsormr.Dabamylord 2009-04-25 18:10:33
Link | Citer | R

PLD fight was piss easy for me, I did it for my Maat Cap and I helped a friend break his. You don't need that stupid Earth Staff crap. The best way to do Maat PLD is to go on a DD setup and hit him first. Also, never, ever neglect your shield skill. Cap it. You're Elvaan so your Spirits Within should be very nice, I did both PLD Maats as Taru. If I'm a Taru with my widdle HP and still kicked his *** (didn't even flinch), so can you.
 Pandemonium.Aravol
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-04-26 09:48:12
Link | Citer | R

PLD im not sure.But i agree with Eternaltriumph on the skill ups. I think Maat will become harder to defeat with all the Level Sync'n goin on.
Ive only beat maat with DRK so i can give advice there. I actually beat maat DRK without using an ICarus wing.
Good luck to you Maat fighters.
 Carbuncle.Celest
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Celest 2009-04-26 10:22:49
Link | Citer | R

I did my PLD. Ran in there with my my ECP DD gear on... flashed when it came up. Threw on Reprisal. sentinel during his 2 hr then 2 hr after his 2 hr ended. just had to Vorpal him a few times for the win.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celestinia
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-04-26 10:55:10
Link | Citer | R

Celest said:
I did my PLD. Ran in there with my my ECP DD gear on... flashed when it came up. Threw on Reprisal. sentinel during his 2 hr then 2 hr after his 2 hr ended. just had to Vorpal him a few times for the win.

This ^ PLD maat can be very easy if you go in with lots of DD gear on and Vorpal Blade him 4-5 times, take a refresh drink so you can keep cures. I went 1/1 on him and he never used 2hr or Asuran fists and never had to use my 2hr either.
 Hades.Kenster
Serveur: Hades
user: Kenster
By Hades.Kenster 2009-05-06 14:59:29
Link | Citer | R

Fight Maat MNK is easy if you follow my steps.

I also had your issues.

1) Sleep to 100TP
2) Eat Soul Sushi
3) Go in and 2 Hour
4) Do your WS
5) Hit him until 100 TP
6) Do your WS
7) ICarus Wing
8) WS
9) If you get to 9 your dead. You have to kill him in the first 8.

I know you might be saying, I did that.

If you alter any of that order you die. By the time you pop your wing and WS he should have no time to WS you.

If you want to throw a Charka in there after 2 but before 3 you should be able to.

If you REALLY want to ensure a win. Boost for 11 times. After 11, Engang with your BACK TURNED. Chi Blast then Continue with 1.

If you cannot beat him, there is something REALLY wrong with your gears.

Ken
 Hades.Kenster
Serveur: Hades
user: Kenster
By Hades.Kenster 2009-05-06 15:00:38
Link | Citer | R

Well that goes to show I wasn't paying attention to your Job.

Since your level 72, and NOT a monk. I won't reply any further. Ha
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-06 15:11:57
Link | Citer | R

Ragnell said:
Since the subject of maat is up

So far my Elemental is capped and My Enfeebling is 4 levels away from cap

This will be my gear going in

Anything here need to change?

Think it was said earlier but its all sleep nuke. So go all out on int/enfeebling magic off the top of my head sly gauntlets for hands magical cuisse for legs make that red cape+1 penitents rope. HQ ice wind and dark staffs. Enfeebling earring if you can. Genuis rings... personally I do it without meds or 2hr slow but steady. Generally speaking with that I think I fail maybe 1/2 sleeps at most (never 2 in a row) so have both sleep1 and 2 maccrod. Gravity dont hurt and of course fully dispelling him after first sleep. Gravity couldnt hurt either though due to him casting as soon as he wakes not too necessary. Just slept him thru chainspell. Obviously capped ele and enfeebling skills are a must and not hard to do. If you got the cps and its not in an area your nation usually controls master caster braclets are godly.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-06 15:17:11
Link | Citer | R

Blackmist said:
Yeah, luck is a factor on all my maat fights, *excludeing monk*

Luck has nothing to do with rdm blm or thf (unless your actually stealing which is dumb)
Rdm easy just sleep dispel alot nuke sleep repeat.
Blm big *** nuke ES sleep big *** nuke 2hr another nuke dead.
Thf sleep pot start with SA danceing edge goes to like 50-60%. Flee during PD come back PD yourself for fun use tp wing own before PD wears off. (much easier then failing to steal forever)
Others I've never done... but id say with except of 1 hit KO moves ie smn nin maybe rng its more skill and prep then luck. However if you are underskilled undergeared and havent prepped better hope luck is on your side
 Seraph.Tarstark
Serveur: Seraph
user: Tarstark
By Seraph.Tarstark 2009-05-06 15:21:25
Link | Citer | R

A: Pld maat has gotten a lot easier since they gave pld shield mastery.
Just make sure your shield is capped & you have + shield block increase spell. Also, eat a tav taco or salad & you'll do fine.

As far as your gear set, pick up a grammary cape for your enfeeb macros.
mag. acc +1 > whatever you can get in that cape slot at your level. All elemental seal is, is magic accuracy. Food, gear, race, job, all of that will give you int & mnd.
But you'll want the mag. acc because every little bit helps at that level.

Rdm maat is also easy.(I beat mine at 66 and CS'd thunder II)
A: Make sure your enfeeb skill is maxed out
B: Either buy or borrow the HQ staves. That WILL make a difference. (This is probably the most important gear you need)
C: Buy/make/ask for someone to make muslums(sp?). I took 2 stacks. They suck for mp recovery but the fact you can spam them makes them great.
D: Macro sleep II, bind, gravity.(with appropriate gear. I.E HQ wind staff for gravity, HQ ice for bind, HQ dark for sleep)
For meds, you'll want at least one or two echo drops.

E:(Important). When you enter, run up to him asap & wait at edge of the circle. You want to do this so you can see what he puts on himself.

So first thing, is that before you enter in, Visualize your fight. By this I mean, "Okay, i'll enter, use my food, cast refresh, pro/shell/stoneskin/blink/phalanx/haste, take an hi-ether or two so i don't have to waste time resting mp.,
Walk up to maat., OKay, I'm going to cast gravity and >>>"
This may seem silly, but this way, once you start the fight, your not in as much of an adrenaline rush on what your doing, and your a little more focused on how you'll win.
Know your strategy.

As said, I fought him and won at 66. Its possible, but you'll need to borrow an HQ thunder staff so you can spam thunder II. The first time I tried it, I went with blizz II and timed out. Just a little more dmg and it woulda been fine.

Second, don't wait to CS.. really now, thats just asking to lose.
The way I did it, was that I entered.
Did all my buffs, ate my food, and then casted gravity with the enfeeb gear on.
This is the only tricky part. IF blink gets eaten by a shadow from blink, you'll want to cast bind. If that gets eaten, then sleep him.

Once either gravity or sleep is on him, dispel him if he put shell up and make sure you remove it.

Once he's gravit'd.(If you had to sleep him, just wait till gravity recast is ready, then cast it).

Prepare yourself & make sure your magic key is on thunder II.
Then hit CS & spam it.
Just keep hitting enter for thunder II as fast as you can & just run away on occasion as he gets too close.
When your low on MP. Cast bind(with your macro).
Convert, 1 cure IV on yourself.
And keep nuking again. If you get low on MP again, chug those muslums(I used 10 when I did it)

Now, either CS is going to end, or he's going to hit CS.
This is perfectly fine, because he's probably gravity'd still.
The "second" your CS ends, or he starts his. Sleep him.
The reason its bad to wait for his HP to drop before you start is that you don't want to go against his CS and he happens to do a CS sleep/echo drop/nuke w/e.
It'll take a lot less of his spells than yours for him to win.
So you want to CS while your good, and make sleep his.
Once you sleep him, re-apply grav/bind if you need to. Rest some mp, twiddle the thumbs, let his CS timer wear off, and go back to killing him.
Just make sure grav is on him at all times, and the second you see it wear, hit him with a bind.
Its an easy fight, just more complicated than a lot of the melee ones.
 Seraph.Tarstark
Serveur: Seraph
user: Tarstark
By Seraph.Tarstark 2009-05-06 15:25:52
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
Blackmist said:

Luck has nothing to do with rdm blm or thf (unless your actually stealing which is dumb) steal forever)

Well, a lot of people try to steal on thf(which since if your doing it to break your lvl 70 cap & you don't lose xp, it doesn't hurt trying). I know a few who have won that way.

Any job where maat can cast a spell involves a lot of luck lol.

The last thing you want on blm or rdm is to be slept or silenced.
Or, even better, for him to cast sleep and then silence.
Blm AMII, maat. Silence. Blm echo drop! Maat. Sleep.
BLM. Crap..

Same thing with rdm, lol.

Supposdly for nin, once maat 2hrs, if they do anything to cure themselves, maat gives them an asuaran fists. I didn't cure myself after he 2hr'd so I don't know if true.
I figured, why test it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-06 15:43:02
Link | Citer | R

Tarstark said:
Dasva said:
Blackmist said:

Luck has nothing to do with rdm blm or thf (unless your actually stealing which is dumb) steal forever)

Well, a lot of people try to steal on thf(which since if your doing it to break your lvl 70 cap & you don't lose xp, it doesn't hurt trying). I know a few who have won that way.

Any job where maat can cast a spell involves a lot of luck lol.

The last thing you want on blm or rdm is to be slept or silenced.
Or, even better, for him to cast sleep and then silence.
Blm AMII, maat. Silence. Blm echo drop! Maat. Sleep.
BLM. Crap..

Same thing with rdm, lol.

1.Just saying fighting maat on thf is rediculously easy while stealing completel luck
2. Blm maat cant cast silence... 2 sleep doesnt cast that fast if you maintain distance you can out run or dun dun dun Stun it.
3. Same thing minus the stun and and silence part... though feel free to silence him. Also... poison pots.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-06 15:52:26

SAMURAI maat FTW

30s and its done O.O

I had 100hp left cuz he 2hr before me xD

meditate 200tp go in Self sc / 2hr / end (if not toss a IC wing and he better be dead)

if you miss your dead g'day