Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-22 14:23:27
Link | Citer | R

09-22-2011 02:16 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

I received some feedback from the development team concerning coin drop rates. Since it has only been a couple of days since the version update was implemented and also considering that in there were adjustments to participation numbers as well as new chambers, we would like to make the appropriate decision while monitoring all these things on a wide-scale.

Also, it can be thought that the feeling of there not being a lot of coins is due to the effects of changing the reward distribution method from casting lots to individual treasure chests.

In the case of lotting rewards, the amount was based on the division between the number of participants, so there really isn’t any guarantee that you could obtain a reward even if there were a good amount of them, making it so the chance of you obtaining something would decrease with a higher amount of players participating.

On the other hand, individual treasure chests give one player’s worth of rewards, so it’s possible that the volume feels a bit poor. However, you are guaranteed to obtain these rewards and it is equivalent to the results after lotting. Since we have prepared this on an individual scale, in actuality the total number of rewards have increased. On this basis, the system has been set up so the total amount of coins, as well as the amount gained by a single player, will increase.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-22 14:23:56
Link | Citer | R

lmao misspelled the title, owell
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-09-22 14:27:40
Link | Citer | R

Is it me, or did they basically say:

"We've heard that the coin drop rate is really low and we're going to monitor it for a while before we do anything."

"The drop rate is fine, it's a reflection of the new distribution process."

???
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-22 14:29:30
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Is it me, or did they basically say:

"We've heard that the coin drop rate is really low and we're going to monitor it for a while before we do anything."

"The drop rate is fine, it's a reflection of the new distribution process."

???
idk that is what the test server is for but I guess people really aren't testing WoE lol, so they have to use the actual servers to get a real test
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-22 14:31:45
Link | Citer | R

The test server is gone.
 Leviathan.Alas
Serveur: Leviathan
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2011-09-22 18:55:33
Link | Citer | R

Certainly, overall drop rates have in fact increased on coins. This much is likely true. However, the drop (aka toss) rate has also increased with plenty of people completely uninterested in WoE weapons. Not particularly interested in the coins myself and it's a shame I can't pass them to somebody that would use them to better their character.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-09-22 19:07:25
Link | Citer | R

Given that you can't pick and choose coins from the pool now, I'd imagine the flooring rate has increased much more than the drop rate has. I don't know if it's a net gain or loss for getting coins you actually want though.
 Ragnarok.Anye
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-09-22 19:11:56
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
lmao misspelled the title, owell
XD Fixed. I was like KALILLA WRYYYYY
By Mesic 2011-09-22 19:18:38
Link | Citer | R

In defense of the older method not dropping more coins i would argue se this, we didn't lot every coin type at once (usually maybe there were some a******* lotting more than one type that they didn't need exactly), so although your output of coins maybe more vie individual chest the chance of even seeing my coin type in my treasure pool at anyone time even has drastically been shot down and lengthened by the time im waiting till im opening my next chest. In a sense, more coins are going out, but more coins are going to waste. Good job.
 Asura.Tawhoya
Serveur: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-09-22 19:19:57
Link | Citer | R

Maybe it would be a good idea to make a bcnm accessible by using various coins. That could stop people from dropping the coins and still have them be R/E so people can't buy the nq emps.
By mortontony1 2011-09-22 19:21:41
Link | Citer | R

I think I'd would be cool if you could put the coins you don't want into the treasure pool for other people to lot.
[+]
 Siren.Barber
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2011-09-22 19:28:41
Link | Citer | R

They are failing to recognize that getting "more" coins doesn't amount to squat when you can't decide amongst your group who is getting what. At least under the old system you had the option of finding 3 other people that all wanted different things, that way every coin in the final chest went to someone that wanted it.

39 runs under the old system got me 21 coins of birth (about half soloing nqs and half beating slime bosses).

16 runs under the new system have netted me 2 coins of birth.

Don't try to tell me more coins are dropping camate.....
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2011-09-22 19:32:46
Link | Citer | R

In around ~20 runs I have gotten the following coins:

Birth - 4
Advancement - 3
Glory - 4
Decay - 14
Ruin - 2

I have absolutely no need for these coins, the only thing I would say here is that they should make a way to take what you want out, and then pool the rest so people who want/need coins can lot on them.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-22 19:34:47
Link | Citer | R

I don't understand SE's aversion to allowing us to dump items from our coffers (be it Walk of Echoes or Voidwatch) into the treasure pool if we don't need them. It would help to fix the system quite nicely.
[+]
 Asura.Planet
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2011-09-22 19:43:27
Link | Citer | R

making coins non-exclusive (tradeable/sellable/bazzarable) like the dice would just sovle the problem to null&viod.
 Asura.Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-09-22 20:01:25
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Planet said: »
making coins non-exclusive (tradeable/sellable/bazzarable) like the dice would just sovle the problem to null&viod.

Then the problem would become people not having to work for their nq emp weapon.
[+]
 Asura.Planet
By Asura.Planet 2011-09-22 20:05:51
Link | Citer | R

ok... and?
Asura.Tawhoya said: »
Then the problem would become people not having to work for their nq emp weapon.

ok... and? i see people trying to buy items for their HQ emp weapons or even +2 items for there emp gear... how does that change anything thats going on now? how does it change the people buying dice to get their +3? your really not saying anything bro
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-09-22 20:06:35
Link | Citer | R

people work for stuff...?
 Asura.Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-09-22 20:13:38
Link | Citer | R

ok... and?

ok... and? i see people trying to buy items for their HQ emp weapons or even +2 items for there emp gear... how does that change anything thats going on now? how does it change the people buying dice to get their +3? your really not saying anything bro

See this is why the world is turning into a bunch of lazy fat people. "Make it easier for me... deliver it to my house, heat it up for, SUPER SIZE IT!"

People won't even have to leave Jeuno to upgrade these. What's the point of the game if you're not going to experience it?
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-22 20:17:22
Link | Citer | R

ok... and?

See this is why the world is turning into a bunch of lazy fat people. "Make it easier for me... deliver it to my house, heat it up for, SUPER SIZE IT!"

People won't even have to leave Jeuno to upgrade these. What's the point of the game if you're not going to experience it?

Presumably they worked for the gil they're using to buy said items, but I suppose that could be considered a stretch given how easy it is to make money now.
By Makado 2011-09-22 20:21:58
Link | Citer | R

10 runs today and havn't seen 1 decay drop in my spoils so far. Alot of random crap some other coins i have no use for and 3 die (of 100) I need. I've pretty much been doin this for 12 hrs and alot of my time is spent waiting on next game day, 10-15 min to clear flux 9 and 45 minutes of waiting on next day what a waste of 45 minutes.
 Asura.Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-09-22 20:22:19
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
ok... and?

Presumably they worked for the gil they're using to buy said items, but I suppose that could be considered a stretch given how easy it is to make money now.

Yeah... I can't help but think of the work put in as being a leach in aby pts and npcing the cruor. Not that it makes any difference when it comes down to it. I suppose I'm just trying to argue the losing side of playing the game for the sake fo playing it. I guess it's a trend since my favorite job is DRK and my favorite football team is Denver Broncos. Maybe I'm just used to fighting like this.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-22 20:26:55
Link | Citer | R

ok... and?

Yeah... I can't help but think of the work put in as being a leach in aby pts and npcing the cruor. Not that it makes any difference when it comes down to it. I suppose I'm just trying to argue the losing side of playing the game for the sake fo playing it. I guess it's a trend since my favorite job is DRK and my favorite football team is Denver Broncos. Maybe I'm just used to fighting like this.

I'm compelled to agree with you in that I don't see why people play if they aren't actually playing the game, but that's been the reality of it since even before Abyssea. If people can find a way to get things done faster and with less work, they'll probably do it. It's their loss in the end.
 Fenrir.Kaomii
user: Kaomii
By Fenrir.Kaomii 2011-09-22 20:34:27
Link | Citer | R

I'd say make a new "ampoule" system, with credits being distributed to players when they open their box. Then take out all coins and dice as box drops. Since we don't have to see that moogle every time we get a new medallion, move him inside the Walk of Echoes lobby area as the NPC to trade credits to to receive coins of your choosing, dice, or for a much higher price, normal conflux item rewards (for those not interested in coins/dice). Something like that.
[+]
 Asura.Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-09-22 20:36:48
Link | Citer | R

ok... and?

I'm compelled to agree with you in that I don't see why people play if they aren't actually playing the game, but that's been the reality of it since even before Abyssea. If people can find a way to get things done faster and with less work, they'll probably do it. It's their loss in the end.

Touche
 Asura.Planet
By Asura.Planet 2011-09-22 23:10:32
Link | Citer | R

ok... and?

Touche

just to clarify i never said i agreed to people buying items ectect and not actually working for it (gil buyers).i simply stated a fact that it is indeed happening & making the coins non exclusive wouldnt hurt the system which is in place now on how people play. now that being said, how do you figure that the people who do buy the items havnt worked for it (unless they brought gil, which dosnt really happen anymore i presume)? just because they havent worked exclusively to get a particular item, they worked in other forms to achieve the same goal.
example: if i was to work on a relic weapon but not actually farm for coins in dynamis instead i farm amber boxes in abyssea sell w/e items to NPC and or AH and buy the coins via bazaars would you fault me? claiming that i "dont work hard" because i havent farmed the coins myself? either way work is being done, just because someone chooses a different method beside the standard conventional method dosnt mean they dont deserve it any less then the people who are actually doing that particular event for that particular item.

edit: maybe its faster for people to do things other ways. in my example it would be quicker for a person to solo farm amber boxes and buy currency then it is to try and solo in dynamis on a regular basis... its a preference thing some people like to do zhit solo then have to be dependent on others.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-09-23 02:41:24
Link | Citer | R

It seems like the main complaint (and it's a valid complaint) isn't the coin drop-rate in WoE, but rather the amount of wasted/tossed coins, since most participants are seeking 1 certain type of coin, if they're seeking coins at all.

A possible solution (although I don't know how hard it would be to program/implement) would be to receive "Ex" WoE coin-credits (seals, tickets, voucher, whatever) in your Loot, instead of the actual coins. Then, the player could exchange his/her credits with an NPC to acquire the coins s/he desires.
By Entourage 2011-09-23 04:08:29
Link | Citer | R

or a way to lock a certain coin to be the only one that drops

option when you enter a flux. done
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-09-23 04:09:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Kaomii said: »
I'd say make a new "ampoule" system, with credits being distributed to players when they open their box. Then take out all coins and dice as box drops. Since we don't have to see that moogle every time we get a new medallion, move him inside the Walk of Echoes lobby area as the NPC to trade credits to to receive coins of your choosing, dice, or for a much higher price, normal conflux item rewards (for those not interested in coins/dice). Something like that.

i actually like this idea, keep chests for boss clears, but give points that can be used to claim rewards (and possibly temp items)
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-23 04:33:03
Link | Citer | R

I don't think coins should be buyable with such a currency system.
Rather, new and interesting gear.

Make it all useful, relevant, and have high costs to keep people doing WoE for a long time to come, coins/dice or not, so that people don't get screwed over when the initial dice/coin rush is over.

The minis in WoE should drop small amounts of "Echoing Aether" or whatever you wanna call the crap, as well.
[+]