Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Leathercraft » Cursed Pumps -1
Cursed Pumps -1
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-08-30 04:58:09
Link | Citer | R

The recipe stats leather 92 and clothcraft 56. Someone /tell me saying apparently they can t1 hq it, is this possible with new crafting things?

The thing is, he want's me to buy the mats, then pay 2M for it, which is dumb imo even if it's 10% hq...
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-30 05:10:32
Link | Citer | R

That does sound dumb considering that's about as much I'd pay for HQ. Hate most crafters, greedy pigs.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-08-30 05:13:01
Link | Citer | R

Ya it was some jp and I was arguing with him in chinese characters since I don't speak japanese...I'm like, how the hell do you expect me to come up with (even if its 10% hq) like 13~ sirens macrame, a 91 cloth skill?

Wait, am i supposed to make a deal with a clothcrafter then, i buy the mats then pay them 50k each time to make?

>.>;
 Bahamut.Alukat
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-08-30 05:30:38
Link | Citer | R

had the same problem, asked a buddy if he could craft me cursed leggings-1

he told me to buy the mats and give him 1,5M (ah price was like 2-2,5M) and he wanted to keep the rest of the mats and if he's lucky he could have made more hq's.

so i simply bought them for 2,5M at ah, just don't support such greedy people ;)
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2011-08-30 06:36:22
Link | Citer | R

There was only one person I knew of on Bahamut that had a pair of these. Of course he wanted 8M >.< So I waited and farmed and waited... and farmed some more. Made an offer on his Cursed Pumps-1 since obviously they weren't selling at 8M and he accepted.

I think your crafter would be trying to make them anyway since they're somewhat sought after with the new augments. Maybe you have more patience than me and some will just show up. :)
 Cerberus.Vaness
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-30 06:38:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Alukat said: »

he told me to buy the mats and give him 1,5M (ah price was like 2-2,5M) and he wanted to keep the rest of the mats and if he's lucky he could have made more hq's.

so i simply bought them for 2,5M at ah, just don't support such greedy people ;)
What the ***?
Most of my friends that craft are like bring me the mats and that's it.
No fees or anything, I did gave some "tips" in a case where he would HQ, but they never asked for it.

You guys aren't lucky with ppl =(
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-08-30 07:00:18
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
The recipe stats leather 92 and clothcraft 56. Someone /tell me saying apparently they can t1 hq it, is this possible with new crafting things?

The thing is, he want's me to buy the mats, then pay 2M for it, which is dumb imo even if it's 10% hq...
It's possible, but not plausible. You'd have to skill up cloth to 100, buy the furnishings (and gear) from the Guild. Then Skill up Leather to 100 (while delevelling CC). Use CC furnishings + Gear brings you to 67 on the dot. Leather 100 + Gear + Support = 105
So yes, you can t1 it, but thats a ton of effor and I doubt that he has done it.

Also, that's a terrible deal.

Bahamut.Alukat said: »

That's not a buddy.
 Bismarck.Yamimarikk
By Bismarck.Yamimarikk 2011-08-30 07:13:46
Link | Citer | R

Wow this is awful I've had perfectly random strangers nicer to me then this before, I've had a goldsmither english player make me a Darksteel Kilij before for free, just bring the mats and I was the one /sh for the goldsmither and /sh to pay a reward on top of getting the materials, and I've always had friends synthesis me, gear at least, for free as long as I brought the materials, even if it was signed gear(Only time I payed for synthesis from friends was when I had WW friends who made me cheap nin tools, usually sold to me for like 20-30k a 12stack)
 Sylph.Siccmade
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-08-30 07:24:28
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Yamimarikk said: »
Wow this is awful I've had perfectly random strangers nicer to me then this before, I've had a goldsmither english player make me a Darksteel Kilij before for free, just bring the mats and I was the one /sh for the goldsmither and /sh to pay a reward on top of getting the materials, and I've always had friends synthesis me, gear at least, for free as long as I brought the materials, even if it was signed gear(Only time I payed for synthesis from friends was when I had WW friends who made me cheap nin tools, usually sold to me for like 20-30k a 12stack)
That is a long *** sentence.

Contribution: Friends don't charge but we except tips.
 Bismarck.Yamimarikk
By Bismarck.Yamimarikk 2011-08-30 07:27:05
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Siccmade said: »

Yes I know my grammar is horrible outside of school and office work. You can see though I know how to stop a sentence properly, I'm just too damn lazy okay? Nitpick on someone else, and for something so less extreme.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-30 07:30:43
Link | Citer | R

Main reason I hate dealing with crafters, a good majority of them are greedy. I have friends that still charge me though, it just seems people think craft at 100 = must pay, idk I guess its hard to sit in one spot and craft something once ;x
[+]
 Bismarck.Yamimarikk
By Bismarck.Yamimarikk 2011-08-30 07:36:53
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Main reason I hate dealing with crafters, a good majority of them are greedy. I have friends that still charge me though, it just seems people think craft at 100 = must pay, idk I guess its hard to sit in one spot and craft something once ;x

Most do have this mindset. I for one enjoyed leveling Clothcraft back on my first character before he got stolen and deleted, though I only got CC to 51, it was fun. I think doing a craft for gil only, makes people only see the craft as just that, a gil maker. I saw clothcraft as a fun way to do something outside of leveling and missions.
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-08-30 07:39:29
Link | Citer | R

Yes I know my grammar is horrible outside of school and office work. You can see though I know how to stop a sentence properly, I'm just too damn lazy okay? Nitpick on someone else, and for something so less extreme.
I had a laugh at the long sentence and commented on it.

Bismarck.Yamimarikk
By Bismarck.Yamimarikk 2011-08-30 07:44:23
Link | Citer | R

I'm usually in a rush when I type, because often times I easily forget what I want to say. I have a terrible short-term memory ><. I wasn't mad, just saying is all. Don't be such a naggy-nancey gosh!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2011-08-30 07:59:06
Link | Citer | R

I had a laugh at excepting tips. XD
[+]
By Nevill 2011-08-30 08:03:25
Link | Citer | R

I generally craft anything for anyone who brings me mats, free of charge. If it is a T0 HQ and someone I do not know, I charge 10% AH price as a surcharge for crafting, still free to friends. I think that is far from greedy.
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-08-30 08:23:19
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Kunisama said: »
I had a laugh at excepting tips. XD
From a friend, may not accept it in trade but it still ends up in the d-box.

I get /tells semi often to craft things for people I don't know, I do it np.
I don't expect but I'll accept.
By Nevill 2011-08-30 08:25:57
Link | Citer | R

*Accept*
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-08-30 08:29:51
Link | Citer | R

Nevill said: »
*Accept*
Ha! Thank you, its 6:30am and clearly time for sleep.
I pulled a awesome ninja edit on the last one cause it wooshed me something crazy.
By Nevill 2011-08-30 08:30:56
Link | Citer | R

Nevill said: »
*Accept*
Ha! Thank you, its 6:30am and clearly time for sleep.
I pulled a awesome ninja edit on the last one cause it wooshed me something crazy.

I usually just ignore it, but after the fourth person I had to say something.