Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Corsair Slug Shot Setup
Corsair Slug Shot Setup
 Leviathan.Kryptikk
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kryptikk
By Leviathan.Kryptikk 2011-08-25 06:25:35
Link | Citer | R

Looking to get a build for slugshot seeing i'm about to be done w/ Armgeddon trials after a few VNM
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-25 06:32:30
Link | Citer | R

you gain access to wildfire via armageddon, not slug shot

just saying
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-25 06:47:53
Link | Citer | R

When you finish Armageddon, you wont ever use slug shot.
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-08-25 07:06:28
Link | Citer | R

Actually, Slug shot would do better for things that resist magic.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-08-25 07:15:18
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
When you finish Armageddon, you wont ever use slug shot.

Slug shot is not bad at all in Einharjar/Nyzul/assault/limbus areas if you use this job for it. Easily 2~3k with /WAR + berserk/war cry up and 3k~3.8k on mobs weak against piercing while using a melee weapon.

I don't see how WF can be as effective as Slug to deal dmg in those areas unless you're fighting slimes/flans, since it requires way too much buffs(use a staff instead of melee weapon, use wizards roll instead of chaos, must have fire shot ready before WS which isn't easy if you gain TP fast enough) to reach decent dmg, and lowers overall dmg while doing it.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-25 07:37:46
Link | Citer | R

Just threw this together from what I carry on me/can grab easily from mog sack. This does not take into account accuracy considerations, but if you're using slug shot, I'm assuming you don't have any problems with accuracy with whatever you're doing. Yes. That's an Acinaces I'm main handing. Why? Because I'm not going to bother carrying around yet another item for the (lack of) frequency with which I'd use this tactic. I guess I could rock the Twilight, too. Meh.

Edit: I wouldn't use /war, personally, at this point. Would probably stick /nin for healing considerations, as the only time I'd do this is low-manning things anyhow. I have done a few runs of Nyzul on corsair and Wildfire is not optimal at all. I have found it does very well in Voidwatch, however, at least compared to other ws'es to which corsair has access.

Edit 2: Set updated to be honest with myself and everyone else. This is what I use nine times out of ten because I just don't find myself needing to use Slug Shot enough.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-08-25 08:01:33
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Just threw this together. This does not take into account accuracy considerations, but if you're using slug shot, I'm assuming you don't have any problems with accuracy with whatever you're doing. Yes. That's an Acinaces I'm main handing. Why? Because I'm not going to bother carrying around yet ANOTHER item for the (lack of) frequency with which I'd use this tactic. I guess I could rock the Twilight, too. Meh.

Edit: I wouldn't use /war, personally, at this point. Would probably stick /nin for healing considerations, as the only time I'd do this is low-manning things anyhow. I have done a few runs of Nyzul on corsair and Wildfire is not optimal at all. I have found it does very well in Voidwatch, however, at least compared to other ws'es to which corsair has access.

If you're using slug shot outside of abby, you should just mainhand joy, will gain TP faster than DW. You can replace head with Maat cap/Cuauhtli+1, or augmented Anwig Salade if you need acc, hands with Heafoc Mitts and feet with AF1+1. STR seems to have better result than AGI/rattk even at lv 90.(My slug average seems to increase about 100~200 dmg in limbus after gotten Heafoc and changed to STR subligar)

Most of the mobs die really fast in Nyzul/Ein/Limbus/Assult, and pretty weak too, so /WAR won't kill you. But it's your personal choice if you want to /NIN, and there's nothing wrong with it.

WF works better on most of the VWNM since they have higher eva/def, except windy T4 Iron giant NM, for some reason slug deals more dmg on it if you can hit.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-25 08:09:13
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If you're using slug shot outside of abby, you should just mainhand joy, will gain TP faster than DW. You can replace head with Maat cap/Cuauhtli+1, or augmented Anwig Salade if you need acc, hands with Heafoc Mitts and feet with AF1+1.

Most of the mobs die really fast in Nyzul/Ein/Limbus/Assult, and pretty weak too, so /WAR won't kill you. But it's your personal choice if you want to /NIN, and there's nothing wrong with it.

WF works better on most of the VWNM since they have higher eva/def, except windy T4 Iron giant NM, for some reason slug deals more dmg on it if you can hit.

I did a few ninja changes on the post (and gearset) to accurately reflect what I actually use/why I use it. Though I still forgot to throw in Maat's. The prior set I posted was spitballed ideal. So not really ideal anyhow.

As for single-wielding, you are entirely correct and I’m a retard for posting a dual wield setup. I melee so infrequently now that I let my desire to work the Acinaces’ MAB into my gear get the best of me. I’ve always been a Quick Draw addict; I assure you that back in the day I single-wielded Joyeuse in meripo. (M.Kris would have been better, but meh. Never felt like buying one. Was working on Amano at the time, all that money got sucked up by bronzes.)

Edit:
Quote:
or augmented Anwig Salade
Personally using MAB+2, AGI+4, WS%+2 Salade for Wildfire, I don't -think- that will beat Maat's for Slug Shot outside of Abyssea, but maybe.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-08-25 08:20:52
Link | Citer | R

I did a few ninja changes on the post (and gearset) to accurately reflect what I actually use/why I use it. Though I still forgot to throw in Maat's. The prior set I posted was spitballed ideal. So not really ideal anyhow.

As for single-wielding, you are entirely correct and I’m a retard for posting a dual wield setup. I melee so infrequently now that I let my desire to work the Acinaces’ MAB into my gear get the best of me. I’ve always been a Quick Draw addict; I assure you that back in the day I single-wielded Joyeuse in meripo. (M.Kris would have been better, but meh. Never felt like buying one. Was working on Amano at the time, all that money got sucked up by bronzes.)

Can also replace AF3+2 body with Loki if you don't need racc I think, AGI+11, Rattk+7 should beat rattk+14 if the formula of AGI=rattk is correct, and you get STP as a bonus.

This is what I use atm, can replace the rings with something better, but I rarely play this job nowadays unless I'm doing VWNM, so not spending money on that XD.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-25 08:24:33
Link | Citer | R

Truth be told, for me this is all largely hypothetical anyhow, even the gearset I posted up there. I use Slug Shot so infrequently that I normally don't even get light belt/gorget, Maat's or any other swap in pieces out of storage. If I'm staggering things in Voidwatch I use a basic setup that gets the job done and makes the ws connect. That's it.

If I do most of these other activities -- Limbus, Assault, etc. -- I'm on samurai or monk or dark knight anyhow.

Corsair just isn't ideal, comparatively, for anything where using slug shot would be advisable.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-08-25 08:30:42
Link | Citer | R

Truth be told, for me this is all largely hypothetical anyhow, even the gearset I posted up there. I use Slug Shot so infrequently that I normally don't even get light belt/gorget, Maat's or any other swap in pieces out of storage. If I'm staggering things in Voidwatch I use a basic setup that gets the job done and makes the ws connect. That's it.

If I do most of these other activities -- Limbus, Assault, etc. -- I'm on samurai or monk or dark knight anyhow.

Corsair just isn't ideal, comparatively, for anything where using slug shot would be advisable.

That's how I feel too XD, that's why ppl rarely bother to build a slug shot set nowadays. If I play this job in old zones, that means I'm just playing it for fun and a change. Other wise it costs way too much to perform decently(WS in Oberon's bullet anyone? =D Ouch!) in those areas and I'd rather play other job to perform better without spending any money XD
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-08-25 08:53:35
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Can also replace AF3+2 body with Loki if you don't need racc I think, AGI+11, Rattk+7 should beat rattk+14 if the formula of AGI=rattk is correct, and you get STP as a bonus.

This is what I use atm, can replace the rings with something better, but I rarely play this job nowadays unless I'm doing VWNM, so not spending money on that XD.

You are very lucky you are a Tarutaru and not an Elvaan. Dear god that would look horrible lol.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-08-25 08:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
You are very lucky you are a Tarutaru and not an Elvaan. Dear god that would look horrible lol.

I have, in the past, used a very similar set when I was interested in having an ideal slug shot set on corsair. Subligar and all.

It is, in fact, god awful.

Edit: In fact, I just went and put together my own "ideal" slug shot set from the gear I own and it is -exactly- this set, with the exception of Bushinomimi over Volley Earring and Maat's over Anwig.

It is very hard on the eyes. Luckily I would only flash into it to ws.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-08-25 12:41:30
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Actually I'm a hume, that taru pic is the result of using taru rice cake.

And yes, I hate that subligar, when I use it I got weird /tell from ppl. So most of the time I actually WS in AF3+2 pants instead, just to avoid weird /tells. LOL.
 Leviathan.Kryptikk
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kryptikk
By Leviathan.Kryptikk 2011-08-25 15:31:45
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the replies sorry im late to reply to my own post the reason im going for a Slug Shot build is because somethings have magic defense and WD won't shine there