Squeenix Might Be Planning To Drop "Enix"

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Squeenix might be planning to drop "Enix"
Squeenix might be planning to drop "Enix"
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
 Hades.Medjai
Serveur: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2011-08-17 10:07:42
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said: »
Hades.Medjai said: »
Artemicion said: »
Drjones said: »
Square was headed downhill before the merger.

Aside from their blunder with Sony Pictures, could you elaborate on what was degrading from their trend of games?

I suppose FFX would be a hint, but it was still decent.
FFX-2 i win!

Touche.

Alexander.Gib
Serveur: Alexander
user: Gib
By Alexander.Gib 2011-08-17 10:08:54
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Vael said: »
Alexander.Gib said: »
Ramuh.Haseyo said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
they already remaking it i thought
lol
im serious i could have sworn SE saying something at gamescom 2011 about ff7 remake as well as sony dropping price of PS3s by 50 bucks
Nope. They already listed several reasons why they aren't. There was an interview somewhere, but can't be arsed to find it.
yep, FF7 remake isn't going to happen, it would have to be 'Re-imagining' if anything. Mainly cause so many groups own so many different assets it would be a nightmare/impossible to get all the rights to put the game together, long story short

How could they put out any of the Compilation they did if they don't have IP rights?

All of the key people involved in the game are still with Square anyway.
Key people that made the game maybe, people that own the rights to assets and technology? nope

and each FF game is different you know, just cause they can do remakes of say 4 doesn't mean all of the games are open season
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 10:10:43
Link | Citer | R

I guess Square started taking crazy pills around 2002-2003

Phoenix.Vael
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-08-17 10:15:51
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Vael said: »
Ramuh.Haseyo said: »
they already remaking it i thought
lol
im serious i could have sworn SE saying something at gamescom 2011 about ff7 remake as well as sony dropping price of PS3s by 50 bucks
Nope. They already listed several reasons why they aren't. There was an interview somewhere, but can't be arsed to find it.
yep, FF7 remake isn't going to happen, it would have to be 'Re-imagining' if anything. Mainly cause so many groups own so many different assets it would be a nightmare/impossible to get all the rights to put the game together, long story short
How could they put out any of the Compilation they did if they don't have IP rights? All of the key people involved in the game are still with Square anyway.
Key people that made the game maybe, people that own the rights to assets and technology? nope and each FF game is different you know, just cause they can do remakes of say 4 doesn't mean all of the games are open season

This provides no proof.

And I just read that the only things SE said about a remake being impossible was it would take 3-4 times as long as XIII or "several years from now" but that due to high demand they were exploring the possibility of a remake. From Yoichi Wada.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 10:17:49
Link | Citer | R

I don't know why everyone thinks a VII remake will save the company.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 10:17:55
Link | Citer | R

The point being, remakes are at the mercy of legal matters, not so much when it comes to capacity or ability to appease to the masses.
Remember how look it took for Duke Nukem to get through it's legal battle and get released? Even after all was said and done the game was pretty crappy.
Frankly SE isn't exempt from the same thing happening.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2011-08-17 10:21:11
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rowland said: »
Shiva.Flionheart said: »

It won't save it, but I think it would be an amazing nostalgia fix for a lot of people.
Where would they go after that?
remake to 8 and 9? maybe X lol
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 10:21:54
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Rowland said: »

It won't save it, but I think it would be an amazing nostalgia fix for a lot of people.
Where would they go after that?

Indeed.
Resorting to remakes from their golden years seems to be the act one would take to put the final nail on the coffin.
 Hades.Medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2011-08-17 10:22:23
Link | Citer | R

what SE or SS or Square w/e you wanna call them now is hurry the *** up and release Kingdom Heart 3, drop FFXIII Versus and w/e shittastic FF game they are trying to make money off because of the title and make KH3 DAMNIT!
[+]
By Drjones 2011-08-17 10:24:09
Link | Citer | R

Because they are stupid.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 10:25:19
Link | Citer | R

That isn't a good direction for a company. I'll be very disappointed if they remake VII.

The only reason the I, II, III, IV and V remakes don't bother me is because a lot of people didn't play them, and they're bringing them to a new audience. (Also the fact that they are low budget games to remake) I'd rather Square release new games consistently, than get into the remake trap.

Also I know everyone hates SE here, but I honestly don't think the last games they produced were that bad.

XII was an amazing game in its own right, XIII was underwhelming for an FF, but still better than a number of RPGs out there, XIV was a huge disappointment but all the recent fixes have vastly improved it.

I'm guessing when everyone says SE has gone to ***, they are referencing XIII and XIV though.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-08-17 10:31:03
Link | Citer | R

If 13 wasn't so horribly linear and without exploration I most likely would have enjoyed it.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-08-17 10:31:11
Link | Citer | R

That isn't a good direction for a company. I'll be very disappointed if they remake VII.

The only reason the I, II, III, IV and V remakes don't bother me is because a lot of people didn't play them, and they're bringing them to a new audience. (Also the fact that they are low budget games to remake) I'd rather Square release new games consistently, than get into the remake trap.

Also I know everyone hates SE here, but I honestly don't think the last games they produced were that bad.

XII was an amazing game in its own right, XIII was underwhelming for an FF, but still better than a number of RPGs out there, XIV was a huge disappointment but all the recent fixes have vastly improved it.

I'm guessing when everyone says SE has gone to ***, they are referencing XIII and XIV though.
no they referring to more games like this
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 10:31:13
Link | Citer | R

I'd prefer a sequel to many of these games. I wouldn't mind a sequel to IX at all.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 10:32:05
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Heimdall said: »

no they referring to more games like this

The rest of the recent Dragon Quest games have been amazing.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-08-17 10:34:46
Link | Citer | R

omg a Sequel to FF9 would make me so happy =3
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-08-17 10:35:52
Link | Citer | R

I'd probably prefer another cast for a 9 sequel because knowing SE they'd give them voices and that would just ruin it >_>
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-17 10:38:19
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I'd probably prefer another cast for a 9 sequel because knowing SE they'd give them voices and that would just ruin it >_>
Voices and FF9... No. No deffinetly not.
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 10:38:44
Link | Citer | R

Those are certainly the more prolific and most outstanding *** out there, but what bugs me about SE the most is just the general trend or direction they're taking the franchise in.
The whole XIII-2 and that other funky XIII game with the guy in a suit that plays like a God of War.
Also that Type Zero for the PSP doesn't look any more appealing than what XIII had to offer.

Unfortunately we have nothing else to base our demands nor their success on other than the old stuff we love and praise to this day.
Doesn't leave much room for them, so they'll likely continue making lackluster titles and we'll continue to /nostalgia.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-17 10:38:53
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said: »
I'll never forgive them for Starwars; Knights of the Version 12

I mean ff12.

What was so bad with ff12? I think it was a great game D:
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-17 10:41:04
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Asura.Bartimaeus said: »
I'll never forgive them for Starwars; Knights of the Version 12 I mean ff12.
What was so bad with ff12? I think it was a great game D:
It was a refrence to the storyline being about 60% starwars clone.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2011-08-17 10:41:54
Link | Citer | R

12 had fantastic voice acting, the problem was that the plot fell apart.
[+]
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-08-17 10:42:53
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jobice said: »
Ever since Square and Enix combined the games have gone to ***. Should have left well enough alone. Square made good games Enix made good games. Its like when 2 hot ppl have an ugly baby. Just no!

ya when they merged the focus went from quality to being all about profit and started slaping franchise titles on every peice of crap to get them to sell.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 10:43:04
Link | Citer | R

I honestly think it's premature to rule out XIII-2, XIII versus or Type-0

Most of those games have been built specifically from the complaints the previous games in the series had. Most people have nostalgia goggles permanently glued to their face when it comes to FF games. The older FF games had plenty of problems.

I specifically remember people disliking VII, VIII and especially IX, X and XII when they first released because of this.

It's hard to do, but people really need to play new FFs without comparing them to previous iterations in the franchise in order to get a good perspective.

There were plenty of issues with XIII, that's for sure... But I've played far worse RPGs and enjoyed them.

As for XIV... Well it's like XI was initially, bare, baron and lacking in content, The issue with XIV was the fact that the game had no structure or bones. With recent updates the game has a skeleton, now it just needs to organs to function.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 10:44:30
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Heimdall said: »
Bahamut.Jobice said: »
Ever since Square and Enix combined the games have gone to ***. Should have left well enough alone. Square made good games Enix made good games. Its like when 2 hot ppl have an ugly baby. Just no!

ya when they merged the focus went from quality to being all about profit and started slaping franchise titles on every peice of crap to get them to sell.

And you think this wouldn't have happened without the merger? Look at other gaming companies. Every gaming company has done this recently.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13