Debating coming back
First Page 2
 Pandemonium.Shizuma
Serveur: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Shizuma
By Pandemonium.Shizuma 2011-07-25 01:35:00
Link | Citer | R

Thinking about coming back if i can find a decently sized, or a small Linkshell, As long as there active and Chatty.
People who like to use Skype are a big Plus.
I have two accounts, Friend gave me his before he quit.
Mims (Ginza of Pandemonium)

I have pretty much every job leveled between the two characters.

Most of my old buddies quit, so i guess id be nice to find new people to do ***with, Probably the only reason i would Keep playing this game, I personally play more for the fun times with friends, then the game itself.
Anywho, Can reply here or PM me
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 01:38:35
Link | Citer | R

Good luck on Asura lol
 Asura.Xenophire
Serveur: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-07-25 01:40:37
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said:
Good luck on Asura lol
The overall DNS population here has really died down, it's actually half decent now.
 Asura.Shylaa
Serveur: Asura
user: Shylaa
By Asura.Shylaa 2011-07-25 02:57:12
Link | Citer | R

Abyssea has kind of destroyed ls's. A lot of the current content can be done with so few ppl. That being said, it should be fairly easy to find an ls because the content is so easy to access.
 Pandemonium.Shizuma
By Pandemonium.Shizuma 2011-07-25 03:37:20
Link | Citer | R

I know FFXI is a great game, i have played it before i quit for far too long, I just want a group of people that actually care about getting other people gear, and etc.
Although i suppose it is hard to come by people who actually want to help others.
I dunno'
I guess just Nostalgic of the old days doing Salvage with Finalcountdown With Robocop and Mosaku and such.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-25 04:08:19
Link | Citer | R

Ok... This is getting very old. There are hundreds of threads on this very topic.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-07-25 04:13:18
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Flionheart said:
Ok... This is getting very old. There are hundreds of threads on this very topic.

Perhaps if we had a collaborative and admin/mod sanctioned thread we could have stickied, we could have a general rundown of all the changes from the past 2 years or so of what has changed and what to look for if anyone considers coming back to the game.

Just an idea.
 Pandemonium.Shizuma
By Pandemonium.Shizuma 2011-07-25 05:59:07
Link | Citer | R

That's really weird, There hundreds of threads of me asking for a social linkshell to do things with?
I'm not looking for the changes that have happened in the game, I'm fully/Mostly aware of them.

I'm looking for a social linkshell to join, That will make paying my monthly worth it.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 06:02:08
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Shizuma said:
That's really weird, There hundreds of threads of me asking for a social linkshell to do things with?
I'm not looking for the changes that have happened in the game, I'm fully/Mostly aware of them.

I'm looking for a social linkshell to join, That will make paying my monthly worth it.
Did you even read what he said?
Quote:
Ok... This is getting very old.0 There are hundreds of threads on this very topic.
 Pandemonium.Shizuma
By Pandemonium.Shizuma 2011-07-25 06:10:12
Link | Citer | R

I did read what he said.
Doesn't change what I'm looking for though.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 06:23:28
Link | Citer | R

I did read what he said.
If you read what he said, then you wouldn't have worded your first remark like that. We get a new thread almost daily asking if it's worth returning, it's getting pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.
 Pandemonium.Shizuma
By Pandemonium.Shizuma 2011-07-25 06:43:32
Link | Citer | R

Thinking about coming back if i can find a decently sized, or a small Linkshell, As long as there active and Chatty.

This?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 06:44:44
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
That.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Shizuma
By Pandemonium.Shizuma 2011-07-25 06:48:17
Link | Citer | R

Judging by responses I guess its not worth returning then. lol

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2011-07-25 06:49:56
Link | Citer | R

Keep playing if the game still interests you.
People by nature are too fickle to rely on especially in the sense of finding enjoyment in a game.
I hope you find what you're looking for, but to come or not come based on people's attitudes here is pretty silly.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 06:51:41
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
I did read what he said.
If you read what he said, then you wouldn't have worded your first remark like that. We get a new thread almost daily asking if it's worth returning, it's getting pretty HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Also, so basically..

You didn't read the OP.

Cool.
I did read the OP. Hardly any different than any other "I wanna return" thread that pops up, quite literally, almost daily. Then the way he responded to Flionheart was just stupid.
 Pandemonium.Shizuma
By Pandemonium.Shizuma 2011-07-25 06:51:44
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, People are what kept me in this game back in the day. I did play with a lot of RL old friends though.
But gradually as they dimmed off, i started playing with in game people more.
Isn't everything more enjoyable with people you don't hate though?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-25 06:52:58
Link | Citer | R

To be honest, Abyssea has altered a lot more than just job balance and in-game activities.

It's shifted most of the playerbase's attitude to something which you might have expected from rivaling HNMLSes "back in the day."

Additionally, the very nature of Abyssea, requiring Atma and Abyssites to be functional, has made the game very unfriendly to late-comers to the phenomenon.

I'm not telling you NOT to come back, but if you've missed all of Abyssea, it'll take a lot of grunt work just to get on the same level as the gimps.

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Shizuma
By Pandemonium.Shizuma 2011-07-25 06:54:26
Link | Citer | R

I left around the time the second Abyssea came out.

All I knew was Usukane and Hagun were outdated. So wasn't very happy spending about 20M in gear, Glad to hear about Salvage upgrades though. I hope they use things inside Salvage to upgrade. ***is fun.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-25 06:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
I did read what he said.

Also, so basically..

You didn't read the OP.

Cool.
I did read the OP. Hardly any different than any other "I wanna return" thread that pops up, quite literally, almost daily. Then the way he responded to Flionheart was just stupid.

He's looking for friends and a linkshell.

Pretty sure you can't sticky that considering it's a specific person asking something on his own server at that point in time.

But hey, what do I know.
I never suggested a sticky.
By Artemicion 2011-07-25 06:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Honestly, People are what kept me in this game back in the day. I did play with a lot of RL old friends though.
But gradually as they dimmed off, i started playing with in game people more.
Isn't everything more enjoyable with people you don't hate though?

We all have different motives to keep playing.
However, one constant is that it is a social game that relies on our interactions with one another.
Just make sure that isn't your only reason for wanting to come back. FFXI is still fun and holds steady ground in overall terms of quality vs what is out now; at least in my opinion.
Great story, many jobs to pick from, excellent soundtrack, lots of content, above average graphics, and plenty of upcoming patches to keep things interesting.
 Pandemonium.Shizuma
By Pandemonium.Shizuma 2011-07-25 06:56:22
Link | Citer | R

I definitely agree Artemicion issue is, Most of the people I used to do things with quit. Well Like all.
So i would like to at least have a social linkshell to go to once i get back on.

Post deleted by User.
By Artemicion 2011-07-25 06:59:09
Link | Citer | R

I definitely agree Artemicion issue is, Most of the people I used to do things with quit. Well Like all.
So i would like to at least have a social linkshell to go to once i get back on.

If you enjoy the game still and what it has to offer, I suggest going out there with an open mind and a will to meet and make friends with new people despite the altered social norms now that Abyssea is out.
There are still friendly, helpful, social people out there despite their decline over the past few years.

The best days of my FFXI are long gone, but I don't neglect the fact that there is still I want to do and discover in the game, and I simply go with the flow and let the chips fall where they may. Take a break if necessary, but I acknowledge that it's still the best and only MMO I wish to play.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Shizuma
By Pandemonium.Shizuma 2011-07-25 07:00:01
Link | Citer | R

Hsi and TwlightShadow sound really familiar.

And I was a Samurai on Pandemonium mostly. xD

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2