users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Kannagi Question
Kannagi Question
First Page 2
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Blackfiredragon 2011-07-23 15:30:31
Link | Citer | R

Alright so first off I'm working towards the Kannagi, So what I need to know is for those that soloed Briareus, did you also solo the KI needed for him or farm boxes? That's all I really need to know I have a Whm friend who is willing to help but I'm not sure how to go about this.
 Asura.Xenophire
Serveur: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-07-23 15:32:53
Link | Citer | R

I myself didn't, but if you have merits and gear, you can get pretty much every red but Freezebite and Shadow of Death. Just bring a WAR friend with ya to help make things just a little easier.
 Fenrir.Curty
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-07-23 15:38:19
Link | Citer | R

Soloing the nms is possible on nin/war with meds and/or regen atma and also knowing what you are doing. With luck you can probably farm the key items in 35-50 minutes. There is so much running required though that bringing other people extensively speeds up the process as more people can hold KI.
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Blackfiredragon 2011-07-23 15:45:41
Link | Citer | R

I see ok well thank you. I don't have full gear but I am fully merited thankfully lol. I'll see if I can get a few people to help out with this.
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-07-23 15:58:41
Link | Citer | R

NIN/WAR, if you have pitchfork, you have 10/13 red procs. You will not get Sunburst and to my knowledge, can't. I think it's 175 skill and capped you'll be at 132 since NIN doesn't get Staff skill natively. I solo'd quite a few. It's surprising how many times it's one of the 3-4 you don't have. I'm sure it's dumb luck but I couldn't proc at least 50% of the time. Honestly just take a WAR with you and get 100% proc if you can.

Edit: it's 150 skill. So with the headband and merits you can get 150 skill. I'm not sure if there's another way to get staff skill.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-07-23 16:00:54
Link | Citer | R

Sea Torque.
[+]
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-07-23 16:02:29
Link | Citer | R

Headband/Sea Torque will still leave you under 150 skill without merits though.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-07-23 16:07:05
Link | Citer | R

I'll say this though, probably just shout for people and offer the +2 items, happens all the time on Cerberus and I'm sure it does on other servers.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-07-23 16:23:55
Link | Citer | R

Solo; you'll 90% need /dnc for that stupid ranger and his annoying spikes/truehit catapults.
Duo; with a WHM or any healer /war gets you 11/13 red staggers
(Just missing GS and Scythe)
I put 7 merits into Staff (with the headband) to get Sunburst or w/e that annoying ws is.
Polearm the red Halloween event pitchfork.
GK, whatever nin can use 420dly.
Club, Fake KC(shellbuster)
Staff, Earth/Thunder best
Sword, I use Dissector it'z hot
Dagger, twilight/mkris whatever

Warrior Giga is easiest by far
Ranger Giga is Hardest by far
Monk Giga... para/icespikes/WS that does 80~90% HP (dispels his spikes so u cant die)

Briareus
3 Almace
2 Kannagi
I know this mofo, and if ur on Bismarck I've prolly taken a friend of yours Bri cuz they were total idiots.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-07-23 16:37:51
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tidis said:
I'll say this though, probably just shout for people and offer the +2 items, happens all the time on Cerberus and I'm sure it does on other servers.
I laugh at the occasional shouts I see where the shouter wants the helms and 6 +2 items and then offers "everything else FL". It's like, what's left? Greedy people irk me.
[+]
 Asura.Jaybezz
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-07-23 17:12:55
Link | Citer | R

7 staff merits
[+]
By Norondor 2011-07-23 17:21:35
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:

I laugh at the occasional shouts I see where the shouter wants the helms and 6 +2 items and then offers "everything else FL". It's like, what's left? Greedy people irk me.

Shin run, 1M gil entry, LF brew, brewer locks one item
 Shiva.Msthief
Serveur: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-07-23 17:24:36
Link | Citer | R

Another option is nin/pld, gets every red proc nin/war has plus some healing potential. All in all, nin/dnc would be my choice though and just tough it out through the ki NM's.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-07-23 19:39:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Msthief said:
Another option is nin/pld, gets every red proc nin/war has plus some healing potential. All in all, nin/dnc would be my choice though and just tough it out through the ki NM's.

Hmmm, might be an interesting Idea!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [110 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Austyn
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Oxygen
By Leviathan.Austyn 2011-11-10 21:09:27
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Msthief said: »
All in all, nin/dnc would be my choice though and just tough it out through the ki NM's.

This is what I did. It can be annoying at times (Ranger NM tended to require GS/Scythe more than I'd like, generally had to kill him 3 times for KI). Keep in mind if you're lucky KI can still drop w/o red proc. I found nin/dnc simply easier so there was no need to zone out to chg sub for Briareus.

Let me know if you guys figure out a method on soloing KI/Sobek kinda stuck at 80 Kannagi for the moment.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-11-10 21:13:57
Link | Citer | R

You CAN get sunburst with /war, just need staff merits and headband. However, I highly prefered nin/dnc for soloing briar KIs. Stun is extremely useful for stopping spikes/morbidbound hack.
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-11-10 21:49:40
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Austyn said: »
All in all, nin/dnc would be my choice though and just tough it out through the ki NM's.

This is what I did. It can be annoying at times (Ranger NM tended to require GS/Scythe more than I'd like, generally had to kill him 3 times for KI). Keep in mind if you're lucky KI can still drop w/o red proc. I found nin/dnc simply easier so there was no need to zone out to chg sub for Briareus.

Let me know if you guys figure out a method on soloing KI/Sobek kinda stuck at 80 Kannagi for the moment.

Soloing Sobek and his KI is just NIN/DNC. Lizzie you'll take down no problem, Guku can be a pain to camp (purple popper) but he is very easy when you can get him. Minax is easy as long as you use Violent Flourish on his Tyrant Tusk.

Sobek is basically Minax that can debuff and nuke you. Stun his Tyrant Tusk, if you're good at monitoring TP you can stun his -ga and his Tyrant without getting stuck in VF recast. MDT- recommended for when you need to eat a -ga. He's really easy solo; maybe even more so than duo with another nin or dnc since you'll be feeding less TP and thus can stun both -ga and Tyrant.

Also, Guku and Lizzie KI come from gold chests. Minax will not drop from a gold chest. In terms of how populated each mob is, Guku will take the longest followed by Minax and then Lizzie which not camped as heavily.

Hope this helped.
 Carbuncle.Axle
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-11-10 22:32:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Yuriki said: »
Leviathan.Austyn said: »

Soloing Sobek and his KI is just NIN/DNC. Lizzie you'll take down no problem, Guku can be a pain to camp (purple popper) but he is very easy when you can get him. Minax is easy as long as you use Violent Flourish on his Tyrant Tusk.

Sobek is basically Minax that can debuff and nuke you. Stun his Tyrant Tusk, if you're good at monitoring TP you can stun his -ga and his Tyrant without getting stuck in VF recast. MDT- recommended for when you need to eat a -ga. He's really easy solo; maybe even more so than duo with another nin or dnc since you'll be feeding less TP and thus can stun both -ga and Tyrant.

Also, Guku and Lizzie KI come from gold chests. Minax will not drop from a gold chest. In terms of how populated each mob is, Guku will take the longest followed by Minax and then Lizzie which not camped as heavily.

Hope this helped.

Sobek
1. Do 6/6 abyssites of merit. 6/6 should put most races at 2800+ hp. That'll save you from death on tyrant tusk.
2. Sobek casts then TP's. Always. Stun blizaga4, cause he'll usually follow it up with a TT. Basically after a spell, be ready to eat a WS. To prevent being petrified, turn after a spell.

You'll evade sobek a ton. Nin debuffs destroy him as well. You won't survive a Tyrant Tusk if you don't keep your hp maxed, or if you don't have 2800 hp+ to start with. You can survive with lower hps but your chances go down.

I've watched a nin solo him at 90. He was nin/dnc, stunned spells and turned after in case of Aweful Eye.
By Xorn 2011-11-24 22:11:41
Link | Citer | R

If you wear Meridian Ring and eat Carbonara, you are almost guaranteed to never die to Tyrant Tusk.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Xorn 2011-11-25 00:35:04
Link | Citer | R

lol because...?
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-11-25 00:37:19
Link | Citer | R

Xorn said: »
lol because...?
That would be because Tyrant tusk doesnt kill you with damage. It has a hidden death chance. Meaning theres a small chance that with Tyrant tusk you might die instantly, regardless of damage(when its facing your direction).
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-25 00:39:06
Link | Citer | R

but..... this NIN was wearing Meridian ring :(
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2011-11-25 00:39:07
Link | Citer | R

Because Tyrant Tusk has a chance to instant KO and has nothing to do with your hp. If you want to resist the death, you want to wear "Resist death" equip/atma like Shadow Ring/Atma of the Ein./Atma of the Cloak and Dagger.

Nothing to do with your HP.
By Xorn 2011-11-25 00:39:15
Link | Citer | R

Oh, I see. I guess it doesn't matter that Tyrant Tusk only K.O.s you if it brings your HP below 50% of your max, then.
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2011-11-25 00:39:32
Link | Citer | R

It does kill you with damage in a way, if the damage it would do is more than 50% of your hp or some crap = death. Not sure I'm wording it right.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-11-25 00:41:10
Link | Citer | R

Wasn't it theorized that Tyrant Tusk kills you if the dmg takes you below a certain % of your hp? I personally have never gotten killed by it duoing without using any sort of lolresistdeath crap.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2011-11-25 00:41:21
Link | Citer | R

Tyrant Tusk: A front-conal ability that deals varying damage and inflicts Bio Bio. Sobek's Tyrant Tusk will K.O. the target if the target's remaining HP would result in being 50% or lower (orange) from the damage. (e.g. a tank with 2400 HP will be K.O.'d if Tyrant Tusk would have done 1200 or more damage). Wipes shadows.

from wiki.
By Xorn 2011-11-25 00:41:26
Link | Citer | R

I solo'd 15+ Sobeks as NIN/DNC for my Kannagi. I can confirm I never died to tyrant tusk except one time when I was sloppy and didn't heal my HP back up.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2011-11-25 00:42:38
Link | Citer | R

Ya I never died with full hp and no death resist atmas.
First Page 2