Old Player, New Character, Looking For Good Aby LS

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Old player, new character, looking for good Aby LS
Old player, new character, looking for good Aby LS
 Asura.Terasan
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Terasan
By Asura.Terasan 2011-07-19 14:04:39
Link | Citer | R

Title pretty much says it all. Just came back from a very extended break about 7 weeks ago, and I'm looking for a decent-good Abyssea/EGLS. Prefer one that doesn't run on a point system, but for some reason I doubt there are many like that. Mostly a night-owl, I prefer runs from like 7PM EST to 2-3AM or so.

Job selection is... rather limited atm (90WHM is all I have for now) but I'll level just about anything. If you wanna know more, toss me a PM.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-07-19 15:50:23
Link | Citer | R

Define End-Game Content? You mean stuff we did at 75? Most of which can be done with 6 or fewer, save for Einherjar which I think only one shell does on asura... name I forget off hand but if I logged on I could find it.

As for abyssea your WHM is gold. A rather large number of healers can't play their job for ***. Just make sure that you get Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity (Bukkhis NM - (A) Vunker zone) immediately.

Truly though you can get more done through your own efforts than joining a shell. If you can read what's on wiki, internalize it into a battle plan, you can lead your own runs... reserve your crap... and get it all a lot faster than in a shell that'd make you wait. Sadly that's just how things are on "everyone-for-themself-asura."

All the above said, if you're still thinking that joining a shell is your best play /t dawwnsohma she runs a good shell and may be able to accommodate you.

Best of luck friend!
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-07-19 15:58:01
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Malekith said:
Just make sure that you get Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity (Bukkhis NM - (A) Vunker zone) immediately.
I think you meant to say Durinn, not Bukhis.

I also recommend Atma of Allure (Carabosse - La Theine).
The third atma is situational, but I prefer Atma of Ambition (Complete A Shantotto Ascension).
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-07-19 16:13:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Malekith said:
Define End-Game Content? You mean stuff we did at 75? Most of which can be done with 6 or fewer, save for Einherjar which I think only one shell does on asura... name I forget off hand but if I logged on I could find it.

As for abyssea your WHM is gold. A rather large number of healers can't play their job for ***. Just make sure that you get Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity (Bukkhis NM - (A) Vunker zone) immediately.

Truly though you can get more done through your own efforts than joining a shell. If you can read what's on wiki, internalize it into a battle plan, you can lead your own runs... reserve your crap... and get it all a lot faster than in a shell that'd make you wait. Sadly that's just how things are on "everyone-for-themself-asura."

All the above said, if you're still thinking that joining a shell is your best play /t dawwnsohma she runs a good shell and may be able to accommodate you.

Best of luck friend!
specially when you have a mule with all procs
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-07-19 16:32:07
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Asura.Malekith said:
Just make sure that you get Atma of the Minikin Monstrosity (Bukkhis NM - (A) Vunker zone) immediately.
GOOD LOOK on the correction! Sometimes my wires get crossed and I mistype... :/

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
Asura.Malekith said:
Truly though you can get more done through your own efforts than joining a shell. If you can read what's on wiki, internalize it into a battle plan, you can lead your own runs... reserve your crap... and get it all a lot faster than in a shell that'd make you wait.
Actually false!

For damn sure it's a HUGE help having access to a mule with procs, BUT 90% of everything I've accomplished in game has been through getting random people together. Lord knows Asurans have heard me shout for everything and anything and are sick of me, but I do what I do for me and not for the comfort of others. Sometimes I have friends able to assist other times not... Yet whether I have help or solely work with random shout participants the important bit is what I said above that Emanuelle quoted.... You have to research your objective ahead of time, have a plan, and have the patience/ perseverance to see it through to the end...

At least that's what I keep telling myself as I sit on 25/50 Glavoid shells atm.
 Asura.Terasan
By Asura.Terasan 2011-07-19 20:08:49
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, already have Minikin and Allure for WHM. Was moreso looking for a shell to do stuff with, as I'm not that great of a leader with pickup groups. Thanks for the compliment Mal, it's been nice working with you when I've caught yer shouts for stuff. If you need help with anything, hit me up and I'll tag along just for stuff to do.

Who knows. I may just start my own small group for Abyssea and stuff like that. *shrug*

Thanks for the advice though :D
 Phoenix.Deboro
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-07-19 20:53:36
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Malekith said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Asura.Malekith said:
GOOD LOOK on the correction! Sometimes my wires get crossed and I mistype... :/

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
Asura.Malekith said:
Truly though you can get more done through your own efforts than joining a shell. If you can read what's on wiki, internalize it into a battle plan, you can lead your own runs... reserve your crap... and get it all a lot faster than in a shell that'd make you wait.
Actually false!

For damn sure it's a HUGE help having access to a mule with procs, BUT 90% of everything I've accomplished in game has been through getting random people together. Lord knows Asurans have heard me shout for everything and anything and are sick of me, but I do what I do for me and not for the comfort of others. Sometimes I have friends able to assist other times not... Yet whether I have help or solely work with random shout participants the important bit is what I said above that Emanuelle quoted.... You have to research your objective ahead of time, have a plan, and have the patience/ perseverance to see it through to the end...

At least that's what I keep telling myself as I sit on 25/50 Glavoid shells atm.
Actually true.
Shout groups are cool bro but they take time to organize. why not just log in and start your event with you and your whm? Nin+Whm can solo 99% of the content in abyssea and with proper gear / brews 100% so why waste your time shouting getting people who might not have any knowledge of the mobs your fighting ect?
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-07-19 21:21:24
Link | Citer | R

If you have it... use it BUT not everyone has access to another account. Everything you said was true and I agree, god knows I have to deal with it daily.

However me saying false is more meant to convey hope, it's not hopeless to dream big and want things like empy weps and +2's if you don't have accounts to duo-trio box. Just like in the real world there may be times where you can't get around having to work with others in pursuit of your goals... Might as well embrace it, make the most of it, and work on your interpersonal skills. Strong leadership can overcome most obstacles...
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-07-20 04:40:43
Link | Citer | R

Gotta love the fan club... so what exactly is your problem Jaybezz? You mad that I got tired of your trolling in Port J, ignored you along with all the other asshats so you went looking for some thread I posted in just so you could all me a tool? That's e-thuggin at its finest...

I charge people who bring nothing to the table, want nothing to do with the fight and solely are looking to leech. I'm a bad guy for this? To date I've charged maybe a handful of people, all of them just trying to get wins on their alts/ mules. In the cases of people who are obviously new I ask that they wait for me to setup my alliance and once that's done I'll see about bringing them along. Folks who can respect that request are hooked up, people who annoy me are made to pay.

The whole point of the "50k for leech" is get people off my ***, so I don't get spammed with tells from people wanting to come on every other job I don't need. It's a deterrent which has worked quite nicely.

If people can pay for gear, pay for atmas, pay for leeching exp or cruor... 50k charged at my discretion is nothing to *** about. So tell me what exactly is your problem? I don't expect an answer really, I wholly expect you to launch some childish comeback so come at me bro make it interesting for me before I block you on here.
[+]
 Asura.Shayka
user: Shayka
By Asura.Shayka 2011-07-20 04:49:30
Link | Citer | R

Look for someone named Boolean, hes doing a small/low-man Aby LS, late at night, I don't know the times exactly, but I know hes still on even now and its almost 6am lol.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-07-20 04:51:02
Link | Citer | R

Jaybezz is topicbanned.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nevill
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-07-20 04:58:23
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Krizz said:
Jaybezz is topicbanned.

OMG IT NEVER SLEEPS!!!!11!1!!!
 Asura.Alymorel
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-07-20 13:54:55
Link | Citer | R

I'm still curious about what kind of other end game content is wanted. Einherjar? Dynamis? Sea and/or Sky? Or strictly abyssea?
 Asura.Terasan
By Asura.Terasan 2011-07-20 14:21:22
Link | Citer | R

Pretty much all but Ein. Unfortunately, the friends I do have that play don't play often or even regularly so I can't really do a whole lot with them, and even if I could... We don't have enough people to even make a party out of it. Kinda sucks, unfortunately.

Also, lookit that Turtwig go :D
 Asura.Dawnsohma
user: dawnsohma
By Asura.Dawnsohma 2011-07-21 06:07:54
Link | Citer | R

lol Malekith you spelled my name wrong btw :P

if you are interested in a ls we take new/returning players but we dont only do abyssea. you can check out our website

www.uprising-ls.com if your interested
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-07-25 19:40:54
Link | Citer | R

Oh hush dawn! I didn't realize I stuck in an extra "w!"

Btw, where's my referral check? If I'm gonna recommend your group, at least pay for the advertising! :p