Beastmaster best gear set
 Bismarck.Faelar
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-08-22 14:06:47
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Looks like a great start. I assume you've also got a tp/ws setup?

Not quite yet, as I've only taken out BST lately for Abyssea solo/duo pet killing. Ironclads and whatnot. Though it wouldnt take much to put them together, as I have Atheling/Twilight Belt/GlyphAxe/Charmer's/etc.
 Phoenix.Randorn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Randorn
By Phoenix.Randorn 2011-08-22 16:03:58
Link | Citer | R

I think you can only get 4% haste with the armada mufflers
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [85 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Behemoths
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Behemoths
By Cerberus.Behemoths 2011-11-15 14:01:30
Link | Citer | R

Hey guys, sorry to bump an old thread but thought it was better than making a whole new bst dd gear thread. I am looking for any input/any improvements on my current BST dd gearset. Thank you.

The next gearset is my current Rampage set. Any input/improvements would be much appreciated.

Asura.Perrymason
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Perrymason 2011-11-15 14:15:49
Link | Citer | R

Now I don't play BST at all, and have no idea how call beast works with jugs, but do you have to WS in the jug? Can't you swap it out for something, then swap it back in when you need to call a new Yuly?
 Cerberus.Behemoths
By Cerberus.Behemoths 2011-11-15 14:20:04
Link | Citer | R

Yea, your right I could invest in getting an ammo piece for tp/ws. I don't need the jug/food in during tp/ws. I haven't really looked into the options, but demonry looks like a good piece for dd/with pet.
 Asura.Perrymason
By Asura.Perrymason 2011-11-15 14:23:36
Link | Citer | R

>.> Ack, pet-peeve, but it's "Yeah" not "Yea" =P
By Praeter 2011-11-15 14:25:36
Link | Citer | R

Definitely wouldn't be using af3+2 legs for rampage either. I'm using Byakko's Haidate w/augments. Or if you have them use Hecatomb Subligar. I'm sure there are others but those 2 w/good augs would be high on the totem pole.

About your TP set, this is a general question, is it worth using 4/5 af3+2 + Z.tiara/blizt ring over 4/5 af3+2 and Dusk+1 hands and Rajas Ring?
 Sylph.Kollosis
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-11-15 14:26:13
Link | Citer | R

Tping, strictly supporting you:

Rampage; AF3 body, Twilight Mail, and Adaberk are all acceptable in that slot:

What axes you use are ultimately up to you, and there's probably some minor adjustments with the most recent gear that came out that i could make. This is just what i currently use.
 Sylph.Kollosis
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kollosis
By Sylph.Kollosis 2011-11-15 14:28:53
Link | Citer | R

Praeter said: »
Definitely wouldn't be using af3+2 legs for rampage either. I'm using Byakko's Haidate w/augments. Or if you have them use Hecatomb Subligar. I'm sure there are others but those 2 w/good augs would be high on the totem pole.

About your TP set, this is a general question, is it worth using 4/5 af3+2 + Z.tiara/blizt ring over 4/5 af3+2 and Dusk+1 hands and Rajas Ring?

Ninja edit bc i misread lol: Using the +2 hands over dusk is a minimal difference, I really don't think it's worth losing the benefits of epona's ring over.
By Xilk 2011-11-15 16:16:22
Link | Citer | R

TP SET

richardet's is double attack.
armada sollerets are chr6, pet: haste 4; subtle blow 6
soon as I get a crafter I'll replace dusk gloves +1 w/ augmented armada mufflers.

missing 2% master haste though. can't decide where to get it from.
 Cerberus.Behemoths
By Cerberus.Behemoths 2011-11-15 16:26:07
Link | Citer | R

Thank you everyone for the input. I'll start working on getting the +2 items for the AF3 Hat +2 and Dusk +1 gloves. So my new set will be:

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-15 16:56:56
Link | Citer | R

Given that BST generally works with minimal buffs, I'm not sure replacing Rajas with Blitz is a good idea.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-11-15 17:38:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Given that BST generally works with minimal buffs, I'm not sure replacing Rajas with Blitz is a good idea.
Why the loose of 5 str/dex is not much at all and the STP is not really used for a xhit
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-15 17:46:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Gunit said: »
Why the loose of 5 str/dex is not much at all and the STP is not really used for a xhit
1.3-1.4% increase in weapon base D assuming 1 fSTR gain (more if 2 obviously) vs ~1.3% increase in TP damage unbuffed or 1.66% with Haste, nevermind a build like Josiah's where you're already at 25% and Blitz is further marginalized... the STP will give a ~4.9% increase in WS frequency via decreased average rounds/ws, whereas Blitz will give the same ~1.5ish% benefit varying with buffs. Rajas also offers a small accessory benefit with the Subtle Blow.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-11-15 18:05:12
Link | Citer | R

1.3-1.4% increase in weapon base D assuming 1 fSTR gain (more if 2 obviously) vs ~1.3% increase in TP damage unbuffed or 1.66% with Haste, nevermind a build like Josiah's where you're already at 25% and Blitz is further marginalized... the STP will give a ~4.9% increase in WS frequency via decreased average rounds/ws, whereas Blitz will give the same ~1.5ish% benefit varying with buffs. Rajas also offers a small accessory benefit with the Subtle Blow.
How did you get 4.9% increase in WSs?
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-15 18:31:48
Link | Citer | R

so you recommend rajas>blitz if at 25%? ideally i would get a armada mufflers aug with 4% so blitz would be superfluous but im 0/75+ :|
also, not that I have an xhit or anything, but I very frequently end up at 98 and 99 TP which is kind of frustrating.
Xilk said: »
missing 2% master haste though. can't decide where to get it from.
zelusssss
 Ragnarok.Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-11-15 18:51:19
Link | Citer | R

Get Dusk+1 Til you get armada with augments.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-15 18:57:16
Link | Citer | R

nah
currently have DEX+5 Haste+3 and not giving up any time soon, so meh
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-16 12:48:48
Link | Citer | R

How did you get 4.9% increase in WSs?
Ballpark figure accounting for change in TP/hit without accounting for truncations in TP gain and TP return on WS. Pulled out a spreadsheet to account for given weapon delays/STP values/WS TP returns and found that the STP from Rajas gave slightly more than a 5% increase in WS frequency if /DNC (ignoring the accessory benefit of increased TP gain for steps/sambas/waltzes), but only a ~2% increase if /NIN. Assumed capped hitrate and used the gear sets posted by the necro-OP. Could show results but... there's a lot of possible permutations for WS return.

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
so you recommend rajas>blitz if at 25%? ideally i would get a armada mufflers aug with 4% so blitz would be superfluous but im 0/75+ :|
also, not that I have an xhit or anything, but I very frequently end up at 98 and 99 TP which is kind of frustrating.
Definitely if already at 25%, less clear at 24% but Rajas likely still matches or beats Blitz.
[+]
 Asura.Nimrot
user: Nimrot
By Asura.Nimrot 2011-11-17 02:54:21
Link | Citer | R

master+ pet tp...
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-11-19 16:41:12
Link | Citer | R

New to bst as well and just a general question since this thread is what im using for gear. When you guys reward are u swapping weapons out? I know you lose tp blah blah but maybe its a non factor as pet is main DD anyway and you arent spamming reward every 15 seconds? Every set shows them in it
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-19 16:51:44
Link | Citer | R

If I'm fighting alongside pet, its generally in Dynamis, so I leave my 2x Zoraal Ja's in mog sack so that macros don't swap them out. But in most other situations yes you should swap them out.

For a long time I was ok with losing the TP, tried to time it so that I would reward when I had just weaponskilled and stepped so i only had like 7 TP. But really, with other reward gear and Beast Healer merits it should get pet near full regardless
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Diki
user: Dharshi
By Bismarck.Diki 2011-12-23 01:14:20
Link | Citer | R

Curious on this /sam and Carbonara +1?

If I'm correct that should be 8hit for 100% TP right? Not that it would super useful, was just looking at some single axe TP options
 Lakshmi.Puchitategami
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: kicksta87
By Lakshmi.Puchitategami 2011-12-23 01:49:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Diki said: »
Curious on this /sam and Carbonara +1?

If I'm correct that should be 8hit for 100% TP right? Not that it would super useful, was just looking at some single axe TP options

Just tossing around some numbers. Using this build, and your ACC is high enough, you'll be swinging every 3.9 seconds getting 12tp per hit. That means it will take ~8 hits to get 100tp. Time wise, you should be hitting 100tp every ~31 seconds. And that's excludes the tp from the mob hitting you, if that happens, and double attack, which will shorten the time to get to 100tp.
 Asura.Nimrot
user: Nimrot
By Asura.Nimrot 2011-12-24 03:53:23
Link | Citer | R

pet haste and master haste cap
ada boots augmented with haste +4

- master only tp... set stil in progress... (richard dbl atk )

i focus on haste and dbl atk
haidate with agi 6 store tp+3 crit hits+3
any suggestions would be fine
By Xilk 2011-12-27 09:53:32
Link | Citer | R

you can save your neck slot by getting the oneiros cluster but I'm not sure if anyone has gotten a good way to get that drop.
Arch Angra Mainyu is no easy pickings...
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-13 22:39:10
Link | Citer | R

I'm wondering what people think of this TP set:

Purely for the master. It comes out to 26% Haste, 24% DA, 5% TA. With DA axe, it would be 35% DA and two DA axes, 45% DA. You would be losing quite a bit of attack and accuracy for the TP gain.

Any thoughts?
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2012-01-16 10:16:14
Link | Citer | R

Bump.
By Xilk 2012-01-19 14:35:18
Link | Citer | R

Good job stacking the double attack and haste.

I prefer haste on pet and master.