Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » New XI Bonus
New XI Bonus
 Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Yomisha
By Quetzalcoatl.Yomisha 2011-07-11 14:47:08
Link | Citer | R

It's not so much bad as it's underwhelming. Not exactly what the community was asking for and such.

This...
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
Give cor some sort of Pianissimo ffs
and this...
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
I'll take my 11min XI roll back plz
would both be quite nice!
 Leviathan.Krush
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Doc2love
By Leviathan.Krush 2011-07-11 15:08:08
Link | Citer | R

I see a new run on merit selection.
 Leviathan.Krush
By Leviathan.Krush 2011-07-11 15:19:15
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of which. Is Phantom Roll Recast reduction applicable under an eleven roll? Maybe 20sec. instead of 30sec.
By Untamedheart 2011-07-11 18:17:20
Link | Citer | R

I like this change. I've always liked to roll aggressively and this allow for exactly that. In terms of cycles, it won't mess with it too much if you impose some limits on how many retries you will attempt at a second 11 roll.

11 roll -> PR reset -> 1st attempt (0:00) -> bust -> 2nd attempt (0:30) -> bust -> 3rd attempt (1:00).

If you allow for a maximum of 3 attempts keeping whatever result you have on the third, your cycle should still be maintained.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-07-11 23:45:19
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
On cor you need to do cycles in order to not screw up. It seems that this new feature messes up cycles badly.

10 min duration on XI 1 year ago also messed up the cycle, and it gives useless roll on COR itself for 10 min if you accidentally hit a No.11 on rolls you don't want. (For example, having evokers roll on COR for 10 min while doing DD stuff and such)

This is way better IMO, you can go all out gamble and aim for no.11, for a buff you really want.
By Pooman 2011-07-12 00:00:12
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Takahishy said:
We had so many cool ideas and what do we get? ... -.-

Yeah. They ask the corsairs what they want, they get some awesome ideas, and then the implement the ***ones. I didn't even see the implemented ideas on the forums ._.

Like one guy said, give me back my 11 minute roll -_-
 Siren.Jingles
Serveur: Siren
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2011-07-12 00:07:52
Link | Citer | R

Is there not a yarnball/spellcast-type feature for rolls? Would it be able to take into account this implement? I'll be the very first to admit I have cor at 1 for 2-hr ability only, so I have no clue about any of that.
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-12 00:10:41
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Jingles said:
Is there not a yarnball/spellcast-type feature for rolls? Would it be able to take into account this implement? I'll be the very first to admit I have cor at 1 for 2-hr ability only, so I have no clue about any of that.

You could write it in to your spellcast. I don't believe yarnball can be edited to do it, though.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-07-12 00:14:48
Link | Citer | R

am i the only one who clicked this thread thinking it was for a new bonus item if you buy a FFXI collection or something?
By Quiznor 2011-07-12 00:16:08
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kimble said:
Well, we have the lower delay roll which is good if you arent in a a party with 2 handers.

Thing is, even with that, it wouldnt lower recast timers for spells so wouldnt be as useful.

We have caster's roll for that.Its fast cast that works on both casting time + recast.I remember it being handy if you're short on stunners for certain fights
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-12 00:19:13
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said:
am i the only one who clicked this thread thinking it was for a new bonus item if you buy a FFXI collection or something?

About the first 10 times I opened the thread lol.
 Leviathan.Krush
By Leviathan.Krush 2011-07-12 10:08:38
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Krush said:
Speaking of which. Is Phantom Roll Recast reduction applicable under an eleven roll? Maybe 20sec. instead of 30sec.

Some info on this question would be appreciated. I wasn't able to log on last night. Not a big deal tho if you have to change your merits to do so.

Thanks
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-12 10:10:33
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said:
Phoenix.Sehachan said:
On cor you need to do cycles in order to not screw up. It seems that this new feature messes up cycles badly.

10 min duration on XI 1 year ago also messed up the cycle, and it gives useless roll on COR itself for 10 min if you accidentally hit a No.11 on rolls you don't want. (For example, having evokers roll on COR for 10 min while doing DD stuff and such)

This is way better IMO, you can go all out gamble and aim for no.11, for a buff you really want.
It didn't mess up cycles.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-12 10:25:19
Link | Citer | R

gunna have to agree with untamedheart

back at seventy-five, my overly-aggressive style with rolling resulted with me hitting 11 consistently, but oftenly risking busts as well; this compliments that playstyle sincerely, and tbh whenever i was on it, people in my party were always all, zomfgz iron you should come cor more often

then i'd look back at them and just laugh since the only fights i was ever on corsair for was bv2 non-zerg style, ix'aern dragoon low-man style as well as the few spare odin runs where we (FOR SOME REASON) would decide on taking out 20% of overall damage in favor of briefly boosting the garbage rangers and their pathetic damage before all buffs were removed every 10%, but hey, wasn't going to complain when i was samurai for basically everything else period

tl;dr: you people should stop being silly gooses and wait until ninety-nine before saying anything bad as far as job performance increases goes (even if they appear/are miniscule)
[+]
 Sylph.Nephriel
Serveur: Sylph
user: Nephriel
By Sylph.Nephriel 2011-07-12 10:27:47
Link | Citer | R

Maybe they wanted to make it easier to hit XI so we could keep up max buffs in an attempt to be more abyssea friendly? <_< I'm just trying to figure out their thought process on this, I still think we got pretty hosed.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-12 10:34:36
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:

tl;dr: you people should stop being silly gooses and wait until ninety-nine before saying anything bad as far as job performance increases goes (even if they appear/are miniscule)

Couldn't agree more. That's why I'm up for levelling any job that looks interesting right now, including SCH, SMN and maybe RNG.

Pretty much anything could change between now and 99.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-07-12 10:36:04
Link | Citer | R

it's like

"hey guys we're running out of ideas for corsair rolls"

"let's give them an official haste roll"

"OK"

and then the bard forums will become the place of misery to be
 Leviathan.Krush
By Leviathan.Krush 2011-07-12 10:48:20
Link | Citer | R

it's like

"OK"

Agreed.

I would prefer a weapon skill % increase roll.
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-12 10:57:38
Link | Citer | R

it's like

"OK"

It would make me sad, but I don't think they'd do it. I wouldn't be surprised if they release a roll on par with it though, like a triple attack roll or something like that.

Edit: Or a straight damage down roll, it would fill the defensive buff niche nicely.
By volkom 2011-07-12 11:18:33
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Flionheart said:
it's like

"OK"

It would make me sad, but I don't think they'd do it. I wouldn't be surprised if they release a roll on par with it though, like a triple attack roll or something like that.

Edit: Or a straight damage down roll, it would fill the defensive buff niche nicely.
quadruple attack roll

edit: or at 99, add a kraken roll to the 2hr ability making all weapons occaisonally do 2~8 hits
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-12 11:22:38
Link | Citer | R

I'd like it.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-07-13 00:59:28
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Ragnarok.Afania said:
Phoenix.Sehachan said:

It didn't mess up cycles.

If last update didn't mess up your cycle how can this update mess up? Last NO.11 update the No.11 roll on COR has different duration from other rolls and you can't overwrite it for a while, and you have no idea when it's gonna wear while doing other rolls.

If No.11 roll from last update didn't mess up your cycle then it's hard to believe this update it will mess up your cycle, since you now have more control over what to do now, but you can still do rolls in order.

Tbh they're pretty much the same.

IMO this new update shares the same concept as last No.11 update, but with more freedom to control what's on the COR.

Say for example if you're in a pt of 3 crit-hit melees: THF, NIN and CDC PLD, one COR and one mage. And you're doing Chaos+Rogues for melee, evokers for mage, and regain+wizards for COR yourself in this order: Evokers->Chaos->Rogues->regain->wizards.

With 10min duration, if you rolled a No.11 on Evokers, you gonna stuck with it for at least 5 min+, which is completely useless if you're DDing, plus if you use uggly pendant you need to get rid of MP every once a while. Now you can either choose to have regain or wizards up, you can't have both.

Assuming no PR recast merit nor augment on ASA pants, and no winning streak merit nor AF3+2 hands, so roll last for 5 min:
0:00 No.11 Evokers--->1:00 Chaos---->2:00 Rogues---->3:00 regain

You get 1 DD buff on you and it lasts for about 3 min, need to wait for 2 more min+ until you can overwrite evokers.

Now with this new update:
0:00 No.11 Evokers---> chaos(walk away from the pt member and bust it to cancel chaos)----> 0:30 Rogues(walk away from pt member and bust again)--->1:00 regain----->1:30 wizards

Now not just you get 2 right buffs on you, but they last 4 min with shorter PR recast time. COR actually ended up having DD buff longer.

Now what if you get No.11 on rolls that benefits you?

Last update:
0:00 No.11 wizards----> 1:00 evokers--->2:00 chaos--->3:00 rogues---->4:00 regain

You have 1 roll on you for 5 min+, another roll is useless roll for 3 min until you cycle them back.

This update:
0:00 No.11 wizards---->evokers(bust and cancel)---->0:30 chaos(bust and cancel)---->1:00 rogues(bust and cancel)--->1:30 regain

You have 1 roll on you for 5 min, but useless second roll was only on you for 1:30, so once again you get DD buff on you longer.

Note that you don't have to cycle through the useless rolls as fast as possible, depending on situation, you can just reroll same roll over and over again to aim for better buffs. However, compare with last No.11 update, this new update gives way more control and freedom to make your own decision, you can either cycle through quickly and keep the buffs you want on you, or aim for better number for other pt member by redoing rolls over and over again, unlike previous No.11 update doesn't give you any freedom at all. IMO isn't bad at all.
By Artemicion 2011-07-13 01:40:16
Link | Citer | R

Now that I reflect a little more closely on what this update does, it just might make Winning Streak much more appealing.
The sooner you give everyone their buffs, and the longer they last, the more time you have to do your own DD business.
Unfortunately at the same time it'll interfere with your merited ability to help assure you consistently roll 11s.
I suppose your merit layout is based on your gambling style.

I've always preferred to be aggressive and always aim for #11, especially back when they made it last 10 minutes. The only drag was it being unable to be overwritten. But to give everyone that significant boost was amazing. After all, the essence of gambling for your buffs is what makes corsair so fun. You take risks, you let luck be your deliverer of fate rather than having the same buff give the same static bonus every time.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-13 02:10:53
Link | Citer | R

Buffing party > buffing only myself. Cause, you know, I'm a buffer job.

Last update yeah I could end up with a useless roll on me, but it didn't mess up cycles at all since it didn't wear along with another roll. Now since after striking a 11 your PR recast resets, you can end up with two rolls wearing at the same time which is the thing I'm talking about. I have always been timely accurate when playing cor cause it makes doing all the tasks so much easier. Now I'll have to see how to work around this new feature.
By Artemicion 2011-07-13 02:15:05
Link | Citer | R

I'm just sad there's no static formula that we can have under monitoring plugins ala Yarnball/Spellcast that allows us to be 100% efficient with this new bonus. Guess we'll just need to keep a close eye on the clock and maybe a timer/stopwatch if you're srsbsns about COR. But as I said before, I would much prefer a direct passive bonus rather than feeling a sudden rush to get everyone their buffs with my limited recast window being shortened.
 Asura.Antaress
Serveur: Asura
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2011-07-13 03:02:59
Link | Citer | R

well, not as good as the 10 min XI but still really nice. and screw giving us "buffs to be on par with brds", we want more damage! >:O QUADRUPLE SHOT GO!
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-13 03:05:31
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Antaress said:
well, not as good as the 10 min XI but still really nice. and screw giving us "buffs to be on par with brds", we want more damage! >:O QUADRUPLE SHOT GO!
Quadruple QD or gtfo!
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-07-13 03:05:32
Link | Citer | R

Well with abyssea and atmas, roll variety has become significantly more defined than it has in the past with your cliche STP and Chaos Roll, so I suppose this "bonus" is to help elaborate everyone having their own unique needs met with the highest availability of power along with the corsair having their own as well since it isn't likely a COR will need the same things a MNK, NIN, or WAR will.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-07-13 03:25:46
Link | Citer | R

Artemicion said:
Well with abyssea and atmas, roll variety has become significantly more defined than it has in the past with your cliche STP and Chaos Roll, so I suppose this "bonus" is to help elaborate everyone having their own unique needs met with the highest availability of power along with the corsair having their own as well since it isn't likely a COR will need the same things a MNK, NIN, or WAR will.

Even each melee DD will get benefit from different DD roll depending on what you fight and how you fight it. Crit-hit WS users gets more benefit from rogues roll, while none crit-hit DDs gets less benefit from it.. BLU gets benefit from evokers while spamming spell on EP mob and rogues roll while focus on CDC on NMs in Abyssea. Regain roll is great during down time but probably not that good while zerging the NM down.....I'm excited about what this new XI bonus can do with shorter PR recast time on No.11, can probably do way more than 4 rolls if the situation needs more than 4 rolls, which is pretty cool.
By Untamedheart 2011-07-13 16:35:27
Link | Citer | R

Comparing this with the double duration 11 roll in the past, the major difference is this new change is voluntary while the old system was mandatory. The player is free to chose whether or not they wish to use this new bonus. If you feel that keeping four rolls on constantly outweighs gambling for another 11, you can disregard this new system and play the same way as before.