Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » QD set
QD set
First Page 2
 Sylph.Agentblade
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-07-07 16:57:19
Link | Citer | R

This is my current QD set, still needs alot of work. Any pointers on gear to revamp my set would be great.

Pants: working on Denali
Hands: working on Schutzen Mittens
Ring: working on Omega

I usually switch between Rose strap and Reavers, since i cant find a Reavers+1 on server. I use ice / thunder obi's on the corresponding days, but not sure what else to use in that slot on the off days.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-07 16:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Your set doesn't show
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-07 17:01:05
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Agentblade said:
This is my current QD set, still needs alot of work. Any pointers on gear to revamp my set would be great.

I usually switch between Rose strap and Reavers, since i cant find a Reavers+1 on server. I use ice / thunder obi's on the corresponding days, but not sure what else to use in that slot on the off days.

Can try Aquiline Belt for off days
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-07-07 17:03:16
Link | Citer | R

how did you import item set? Im having trouble getting it to show
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-07 17:04:21
Link | Citer | R

[ itemset ] your # here[ /itemset]

*thats your set btw
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-07 17:07:26
Link | Citer | R

Aquiline, Hecate's and upgrading AF hat to +1 and empy boots to +2 other than the things you already noted.
Edit: also I think keeping Rose is more convenient, that agi from reaver is too small to make a difference.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-07 17:10:16
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Aquiline, Hecate's and upgrading AF hat to +1 and empy boots to +2 other than the things you already noted.
Artemis medal if you use spellcast just came to mind as well
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-07 17:11:58
Link | Citer | R

Don't use Omega, use +3 MAB Rings from Tahrongi, or +1~3, it's all a boost to your damage. Don't switch between Rose and Reaver's either, you're just losing TP that could be put towards a Leaden Salute/Slug Shot. Upgrade the +1 gear to +2 for the Set Bonus because otherwise, it's pointless to be using the +1 hands. Schutzen Mitts are good if you need the TP bonus, otherwise you should be using +2 hands for the damage bonus. HQ Staves blah blah, Aquiline and Obis.
[+]
By Nausi 2011-07-07 17:19:28
Link | Citer | R

You don't need Denali pants for QD, just fire in all 5 of the AFv3+2. The Triple DMG bonus % you get from each piece outweighs nearly everything you could put in any of the slots, even the Mirke with the reduced timer! Of course that dmg bonus doesnt help you much with light/dark shot so the Mirke is still useful for that.

The only exception is/are Schutzen Mits for building TP, but thats situational and depends heavily on what you're doing.

Oh and use Rose in stead of Reavers, you'll likely get far more from the TP than the AGI.
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-07-07 17:21:27
Link | Citer | R

yeah im working on +2 atm, and I completely forgot about the rings in tahrongi, good call. I use ele staves and prolly will work on the rest of my obi's since I rock blm alot aswell.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-07 17:21:47
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said:
You don't need Denali pants for QD, just fire in all 5 of the AFv3+2. The Triple DMG bonus % you get from each piece outweighs nearly everything you could put in any of the slots, even the Mirke with the reduced timer! Of course that dmg bonus doesnt help you much with light/dark shot so the Mirke is still useful for that. The only exception is/are Schutzen Mits for building TP, but thats situational and depends heavily on what you're doing.
Noooooooooooooo. Should still be using +1 AF hat and Mirke, the Triple bonus all together is only 5%, which doesn't compare to +4 MAB -5 Recast and +10 Base Damage, in any way.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-07 17:22:07
Link | Citer | R

[-] button WRU
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-07 17:23:39
Link | Citer | R

Nausi said:
You don't need Denali pants for QD, just fire in all 5 of the AFv3+2. The Triple DMG bonus % you get from each piece outweighs nearly everything you could put in any of the slots, even the Mirke with the reduced timer! Of course that dmg bonus doesnt help you much with light/dark shot so the Mirke is still useful for that.

The only exception is/are Schutzen Mits for building TP, but thats situational and depends heavily on what you're doing.

Oh and use Rose in stead of Reavers, you'll likely get far more from the TP than the AGI.
Full empy only gives you a small chance at set proc. Having a consistent damage seems better to me.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-07 17:28:23
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Nausi said:

Full empy only gives you a small chance at set proc. Having a consistent damage seems better to me.
It is. From a small maff session I had, the +2 pieces are about the equivalent of +2 MAB in overall damage. The numbers vary, but that's about the average from what I remember.
[+]
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-07-07 17:32:39
Link | Citer | R

Ill continue to use rose strap, but since the set proc bonus is small on full set, should i use +2 hands, schutzen or rovers. Im sure schutzen is the better way to go.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-07 17:36:51
Link | Citer | R

I'd say Schutzen>empy>rover's.
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-07-07 17:51:25
Link | Citer | R

Tahrongi rings for both slots? I would assume it will beat out the stp on raja's and the AGI on breeze. (getting better AGI rings for wildfire).
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-07-07 17:52:57
Link | Citer | R

Yes mab always above all else. For WF Stormsouls are obviously the best choice, if you can afford a couple.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-07-07 17:53:53
Link | Citer | R

Want to also voice in and say that MAB/QD timer mirke is by FAR the best body. Nausi is the COR version of Nabis..
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-07-07 17:58:27
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said:
Want to also voice in and say that MAB/QD timer mirke is by FAR the best body. Nausi is the COR version of Nabis..
lol got'cha
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-07 17:58:32
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Schutzen is only useful if you need the TP bonus to help you attain your 5 hit, +2 Hands will give better numbers overall if you don't need the TP.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-07-07 22:13:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:

Noooooooooooooo. Should still be using +1 AF hat and Mirke, the Triple bonus all together is only 5%, which doesn't compare to +4 MAB -5 Recast and +10 Base Damage, in any way.

Are there any exact number of set bonus proc rate? Cuz from what I've heard 5/5 +2 gives 12% proc rate ..

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Schutzen is only useful if you need the TP bonus to help you attain your 5 hit, +2 Hands will give better numbers overall if you don't need the TP.

Considering the fact that COR'S most damage still come from WS, and COR rely heavily on regain to get TP, I'd say TP> 4 MAB for QD, unless your TP is over or close to 100%. 4 MAB really isn't going to make a huge difference for QD dmg IMO.

Sylph.Agentblade said:

Pants: working on Denali
Hands: working on Schutzen Mittens
Ring: working on Omega

You can make 2 sets of gear for QD(I have 3 sets, and often change around depending on the WS and SJ used)

One set is something you use when you have over 100% TP, or like 85%+ TP, so you don't need any STP gear and still able to reach 100% TP with one QD. In this set you aim for highest possible dmg with as much MAB as possible.

So legs--->Desultor Tassets or Nimue's tights
Feet---->AF3+2
Hands---->AF3+2
Waist---->Elemental Obi or Aquiline
Rings---->Zodiac's ring or Tahrongi rings or AGI rings
Earring---->Hecates

This way you have 2 +2s for set bonus, and every slot still full of MAB for highest possible dmg.

Another set can be something full of STP, so you get as much TP per shot as possible, for situations you just need TP.

Legs---->AF3+2
Waist---->Goading belt
Back---->Tactical mantle
Rings---->Rajas+Hoard ring
Hands---->Schutzen Mittens
Head---->Brisk mask
Feet----->AF3+2 or Gules leggings+1(Situational thing, only use this if you're not using WF and not doing 2 QD at once)

I've seen some other ppl use 4/5 +2 and Mirke for highest proc rate, I guess you can try them to see how effective they are, although I don't think they make very huge difference.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-08 03:00:08
Link | Citer | R

Ugh no, quit suggesting using +2 head over +1 AF head people, it's +10 base damage versus a 1% TA chance. Even if the total set bonus did happen to be 12% (it's not, eyeballing pro-fo-sho) it *still* wouldn't beat +10 base damage.

And learn to use ammo please, you can easily shoot 4 bullets and QD for 100% TP, optimizing it so that you get a perfect 100% every time, so don't go around saying that 2.5 tp is going to outperform the set bonus when the TP isn't even necessary
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-07-08 03:08:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Ugh no, quit suggesting using +2 head over +1 AF head people, it's +10 base damage versus a 1% TA chance.

People see the blue box.....
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-07-08 07:19:17
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Ugh no, quit suggesting using +2 head over +1 AF head people, it's +10 base damage versus a 1% TA chance. Even if the total set bonus did happen to be 12% (it's not, eyeballing pro-fo-sho) it *still* wouldn't beat +10 base damage.

And learn to use ammo please, you can easily shoot 4 bullets and QD for 100% TP, optimizing it so that you get a perfect 100% every time, so don't go around saying that 2.5 tp is going to outperform the set bonus when the TP isn't even necessary

TP isn't comparing against set bonus, it's comparing against MAB+4 from leg slot(Since you can use AF3+2 legs + AF3+2 feet combo and still has set bonus, and only sacrificing 4 MAB). In fact it's not +2.5%TP v.s MAB+4, it's +2.5%TP and STP+8 v.s MAB+4, Which is a lot.

The problem is that COR has regain roll, but the amount of regain you get is random. There are also other gears such as roller's ring that gives regain randomly. It's near impossible to control your QD/TP set to get to exact 100 TP every time. Most of the times I don't even shoot 4 bullets to 100 TP(4 bullets also takes *** long amount of time to fire, even with triple shot up), only need like 2~3, sometimes even 1 shot + QD and can WS again if /SAM. May as well just get a bit more TP while not sacrificing too much QD dmg, COR's /ra DPS is very bad nowadays anyways, way lower than RNG since they have better gear and /ra JA/JT. There's no point to shift dmg output to /ra DPS.

Extra TP also benefits melee TP COR a lot. IMO TP only isn't necessary when you're close to 100%, like when you're at 90%+ or something. Other wise its always good if your main dmg coming from WS.

Btw according to wiki
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Corsair's_Tricorne
AF head gives 5 base dmg not 10. I'm not saying AF3+2 head is better(I don't use AF3+2 head for QD as well).
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-08 08:42:10
Link | Citer | R

The only time I could see regain being practical if if there were quite a bit of time in-between mobs, but if you're actively killing them, the reduced delay from courser's roll along with other gear (assuming you 5 hit) is going to be faster.

This is my precast for Ranged attacks

This is a 21.7 TP return,

Making it optimal for my Wildfire:

And my QD:

That gives me 100.7 return for 1 Wildfire, 3 Shots, and 1 QD, and 104.2 for when you are at 0 TP with 4 shots and a QD.

This would take me about 15 seconds to do in total, only 5 if Triple Shot proc'd, whereas the random regain output from Sea Daughter and Tactician's Roll will take 7 Ticks at best (21 seconds) from 0 TP assuming you have an 11 on Tactician's and Frac +2 w/ Roller's Ring; along with a Fire Shot.

Ragnarok.Afania said:
I've seen some other ppl use 4/5 +2 and Mirke for highest proc rate, I guess you can try them to see how effective they are, although I don't think they make very huge difference.

And I was referring to this, where you did promote the use of +2 head.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Serveur: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-07-08 08:54:41
Link | Citer | R

My suggestion is: it seems like you're stacking on a LOT of Magic Acc and Agility where you could/should be stacking MAB.

Below is my item set for my currently QD build.
Still a work in progress.

Sylph.Agentblade said:

Pants: working on Denali ~ Try to get Nimues. BC isn't that hard now a days
Hands: working on Schutzen Mittens - Awesome
Ring: working on Omega ~ Go for the MAB rings you can get out of gold chests in Abyssea. Its time consuming... but worth it.

Swappin Obis for the Aquiline is always a must.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-07-08 10:07:41
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
The only time I could see regain being practical if if there were quite a bit of time in-between mobs, but if you're actively killing them, the reduced delay from courser's roll along with other gear (assuming you 5 hit) is going to be faster.

This is my precast for Ranged attacks

This is a 21.7 TP return,

Making it optimal for my Wildfire:

And my QD:

That gives me 100.7 return for 1 Wildfire, 3 Shots, and 1 QD, and 104.2 for when you are at 0 TP with 4 shots and a QD.

This would take me about 15 seconds to do in total, only 5 if Triple Shot proc'd, whereas the random regain output from Sea Daughter and Tactician's Roll will take 7 Ticks at best (21 seconds) from 0 TP assuming you have an 11 on Tactician's and Frac +2 w/ Roller's Ring; along with a Fire Shot.

Ragnarok.Afania said:

And I was referring to this, where you did promote the use of +2 head.

Where did you get the number of 21 sec to get 100 TP with regain?
Regain roll:average 3 TP with body
Sea daughter:5 TP
WoTG:1 TP
Rollers:1 TP
So about 10 TP every 3 sec
After WS assuming you get 20 TP
Shoot one bullet without triple shot: Another 20~25
QD: Another 20~25

You only need about 2 tick regain to get to 100 TP, and thats enough time to get to 100 TP while doing /ra already. You need less than 10 sec.

You also need to calculate the lag while doing manual /ra macro, but regain is automatic.

Also, acc cap at 95%, so you won't always land your shot, if you miss it's gonna take longer

I wasn't promoting +2 head ,I didn't say it's better, just mentioned that the fact that some ppl use it and it can be an option.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-08 11:32:55
Link | Citer | R

20-25 on QD? lolno. And 20 on Wildfire? What.

21 Seconds is 7 ticks (84 TP), and I said that would be for best situations where you have XI on Tactician's, which is 12 Regain for me, since I don't have the WotG earring with Regain. Your TP variations are so far out there, I don't know how you're getting 20~25 on 1 shot, does your stp gear randomly come in and out of play?

Ragnarok.Afania said:
Ragnarok.Afania said:

I think that would imply encouraging the use of it.

Consider that you're sacrificing 1 Atma slot for your Regain as well, and quoting you here, WS produces the most DPS for COR. Since Wildfire is completely attribute dependent, even with the lag from RA attacks, the damage boost from an Atma for Wildfire would probably trump the (random) frequency of regain/TPing.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-07-08 20:47:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
20-25 on QD? lolno. And 20 on Wildfire? What.

21 Seconds is 7 ticks (84 TP), and I said that would be for best situations where you have XI on Tactician's, which is 12 Regain for me, since I don't have the WotG earring with Regain. Your TP variations are so far out there, I don't know how you're getting 20~25 on 1 shot, does your stp gear randomly come in and out of play?

I'm the one who's confused cuz you don't seem to get it - -
First of all you're assuming COR using regain roll isn't using STP gear, and secondly you're assuming COR using regain roll isn't shooting......

And seriously, getting 20+ TP per QD is very easy with mitten and STP gear, but only sacrificing 4 MAB, which isn't going to make a damn difference for QD dmg.

Let's do it in math way.

Assuming there are 2 CORs, both using same atma, Smolding sky/Lone wolf and Ultimate.

Both CORs has exact same /ra set and 5 hit build(let's just use the one you posted, 21.7 TP return per shot) But COR No.1 use regain roll+ wizards, and have enough STP to reach 22 TP per fire shot
COR No.2 use snapshot roll+ wizards, and using your set with only 4 STP.

Also assuming both COR don't use snapshot macro for now, just to make the calculation easier.

According to
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Delay

The delay between shot of ranged weapon is
Delay = (Weapon Delay/110)s + 1.7s~1.8s + 1.1s

So COR No.1 with regain spend
(582/110)+1.7+1.1=8.09 sec, about 8 sec per shot

COR No.2 with snapshot roll but no regain:

I'm not sure about how much snap shot average roll gives, since I cant find the info on wiki anywhere. I'll just assume delay 582 ended up as delay 400 after getting snapshot roll.

(400/110)+1.7+1.1=6.4 sec, about 6 sec per shot.

Now with regain roll, average regain is 3 tick with +2 body, WoTG earring gives extra +1. Let's dont calculate roller's ring nor Sea daughter atma which isn't practical, so only 4 TP/tick.

Starting after WS, COR No.2(with snapshot roll) need to shoot 3 times and do one QD to reach 100 TP.

WS 21.7 21.7 21.7 QD=100 TP

6x3=18, it takes 18 sec to shoot bullets 3 times without regain roll. And those 3 shots without WS and QD gives 65.1 TP.

Starting after Ws, COR No.1(with regain roll)

You do 2 shots after WS: 21.7 21.7 =43.4TP
And with those 2 shots 16 sec passed, so you gain 20 free TP with 5 tick. So that's 63.4 TP in 16 sec without WS and QD, add TP from WS and QD(with mitten) you get 100 TP again, and it's 2 sec faster than using snapshot roll.

No matter how I see it, get as much TP during TP phrase and QD then rely on regain to get one hit less to 100TP gives higher WS frenquency. Shoot 2 times to 100 TP> shoot 3 times to 100 TP.

Quote:
Ragnarok.Afania said:
Ragnarok.Afania said:

I think that would imply encouraging the use of it.

Why not? Maybe you're in a situation that you want to gamble for extra 3% more chance of getting set proc, maybe you're in a situation that you want to get as much QD acc as possible, or maybe someone who doesn't have +2 legs or hands and +2 head can combine with feet.... I said "I guess you can try them to see how effective they are", that means I encourage ppl to try, yes, but I did't say it's better....either way I have no reason to defend for it as I don't use it, you try it you decide.
First Page 2