Jailer Of Love @ 90

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » Jailer of Love @ 90
Jailer of Love @ 90
By Perdi 2011-06-09 19:29:50
Link | Citer | R

I'm somewhat of a Sea amateur in that I have never done any of the bosses at 75 and very few as of date. I was just wondering what sort of setup is required at 90 to defeat JoL lowman.
 Lakshmi.Jesi
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jesi
By Lakshmi.Jesi 2011-06-09 19:31:22
Link | Citer | R

I think a better question is what kind of setup would you need to kill AV at 90.
 Odin.Tsuneo
Serveur: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-06-09 19:35:05
Link | Citer | R

All you need to kill AV are competent DD's, SMNs with Alexander, and BRDs for a rotation. As long as you don't get screwed by a lame two-hour it's not too bad.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-06-09 19:37:26
Link | Citer | R

Let's keep it to what the OP asks for =)
 Lakshmi.Bshizzle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Brucio
By Lakshmi.Bshizzle 2011-06-09 19:38:24
Link | Citer | R

Idk wondering myself i could use a torque.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-06-09 19:44:59
Link | Citer | R

Honestly he's not very hard, my Ukko's took off like 15% off his hp from just one weaponskill. Assuming you're going to break its regen first, We used a solo PLD to hold it. Since the adds are weak, DD's should have no problems with those. After the 3 sets, he is pretty easy to just zerg down.
By Perdi 2011-06-09 20:04:17
Link | Citer | R

My main issue is that I am not sure how much damage there is in general. I was thinking of using a set up like NIN, THF, WHM, RDM and perhaps adding a BLM or SAM in there depending on who's online.

Not too worried about killing AV, probably just mess around and die to him after we kill Love.
 Cerberus.Drayco
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2011-06-09 20:06:30
Link | Citer | R

After all the work for the JoL set, you should plan on atleast putting forth a decent effort on AV. His drops are still good.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2011-06-09 20:12:09
Link | Citer | R

Regen isn't really an issue at 90 any more. At 75 we didn't worry about it as long as we had 2 good tanks and a whm, with a party of good DD's.

At 90 we managed to take it down in about 15 mins with 5 people. pld/rdm, whm, brd, drk (relic), sam. Even at 75 I resisted almost every enfeeb it casted with the right barspell up -- at 90 even its nukes barely break SS now.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-06-09 20:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Tsuneo said:
Honestly he's not very hard, my Ukko's took off like 15% off his hp from just one weaponskill. Assuming you're going to break its regen first, We used a solo PLD to hold it. Since the adds are weak, DD's should have no problems with those. After the 3 sets, he is pretty easy to just zerg down.
What buffs did you have up just out of curiosity?
 Asura.Renjii
Serveur: Asura
user: Renjii
By Asura.Renjii 2011-06-09 20:51:53
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Drayco said:
After all the work for the JoL set, you should plan on atleast putting forth a decent effort on AV. His drops are still good.

Cerberus.Drayco said:
His drops are still good.

Orly? Since when?
 Bahamut.Wakabo
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-06-09 21:05:06
Link | Citer | R

Since n.sash is still highest haste belt for rdm/drk/pld unless you want to wear a belt that you can't be cured in. Ranged ammo best for enfeebs you want to land with out potency. Best ring for rng tp. Club has highest dmg for thf and all jobs for procs ! Oh don't forget second best -mdt ring as well.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-06-09 21:08:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Wakabo said:
Odin.Tsuneo said:
What buffs did you have up just out of curiosity?
For JoL I only had Red curry bun and Berserk/Aggressor.

Asura.Renjii said:
Cerberus.Drayco said:

Cerberus.Drayco said:
His drops are still good.

Orly? Since when?
His gear is still good. Ninurta's Sash is still the highest haste belt a whm can wear. I use the Minvera's ring in my MDT sets. Mars's ring is still a really nice ACC ring. I've seen the need for ACC a bit more on the Voidwatch NMs. The gear still has its uses the and the fight is funner than anything abyssea has to offer.
 Ramuh.Yarly
Serveur: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-06-10 00:35:48
Link | Citer | R

So uh, at 75 we just had rangers pewpew. Do you just melee the shiz out of this now?