Siren.Dilandu
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Dilandu
By Siren.Dilandu 2011-06-09 13:00:30
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Siren.Dilandu said:

The 7th Saga isn't a hard game. Lots of grinding and any rpg is easy. If you make the same effort like you put into FF11 im sure most people could beat this game with ease.

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:

you clearly not know what are you talking about, and i rly think you did not played the 7th saga at all, anyone form the nintendo/snes generation knows this game is one of the hardest , not only because of the grinding fest but the boss battles and monsters are super hard and strategic, the game is very long as well with more than 70 hours of playtime,

ffxi requires effort? no, more like time to play to accomplish goals like all mmorpgs

I clearly understand what im talking about. 70+ hrs is nothing compared to what you put into FF11. What im saying is if you actually played The 7th Saga as much as you did FF11, you would easily beat this game. I never stated FF11 requires effort. I said if you put the same amount of effort which is how much time you play FF11 into playing The 7th Saga.

Tell me what is so strategic about the game where you defend always then attack after. Boss Battles are not the hard part of this game. Grinding levels can overcome the difficulty because they do not scale in level. Fighting your rivals is the hardest part of this game. They are hard to beat because no matter how many levels you gain they are equal to you in levels when you are fighting them. In fact they are harder to beat the higher you level.

Protip: Don't get RNG screwed on your character and these battles are easy. Example Kamil average stat growth HP 4-6, MP 2-4, Power 2-4, Guard 2-4, Magic 2-4, Speed 2-4. Before you level up save your game and if you get RNG screwed reset and try again. Power and Speed are your 2 best stats. Being able to 1 shot almost everything and with high enough Speed you can even dodge magic attacks.

Say you gained 10 levels with 2 Power and 2 Speed and 10 levels with 3 Power and 3 Speed. That would put you at 50 Power and 50 Speed. Now if you had reset the game and got 4 Power and 4 Speed every level thats 80 Power and 80 Speed for gaining 20 levels. There is a reason why the game sometimes is more difficult because you can get RNG screwed and end up with piss poor stats.

Quote:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
These are hypocritical statements... and LoZ: Ocarina of Time is a 70+hour game, with grinding to get 100% and all dungeons/bosses require differing strategies. Does that make it one of the hardest RPGs of all time? I certainly think not. It makes it one of the best of all time. The same could probably be said about 7th Saga. Time input to learn strategies is part of a good game's learning curve. Having a point that can murder you even if you know what you're doing; that makes a hard game.

Daemun makes a good point. A good example is R-Type stage 7 continuing at mid point of the stage. You know there is going to be bullet hell coming. Everything you do is based on your reflexes not grinding levels or exploiting bad AI.
 Shiva.Owns
Serveur: Shiva
user: sumo
By Shiva.Owns 2011-06-09 13:38:53
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bismarck.Hsieh said:
Asura.Planet said:
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Next level gaming difficulty maneuver

OMFG completely forgot about this game!... the 2nd lv where u have to swim to defuse the bomb under a time limit, hardest sh*t ever! i actually pick it up again and gave it another try i think it was around 2002 but i still couldnt beat that lv so earlier on in the game ; ;
I never beat the water board lvl when I was a kid ~8-9 years old. I beat that lvl finally in college and then died to Rocksteady in the next lvl. Then I never wanted to play another TNMT game ever.
Really? The underwater part was easy compared to the next level. Could never figure out where to progress from there.
I remember playing this game when I was about 6 or 7 years old. At the time, I was able to get to the 5th level (the one with the giant ship) without losing a single turtle. If only I could remember how I did it, i'd gladly share ;_;
 Ramuh.Scizor
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-06-09 13:54:09
Link | Citer | R

City Slickers on the Amstrad CPC.

Goddam Night-thingy would stalk me through every doorway :/
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-06-09 13:55:43
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Owns said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Bismarck.Hsieh said:
Asura.Planet said:
Fairy.Ghaleon said:
Next level gaming difficulty maneuver

OMFG completely forgot about this game!... the 2nd lv where u have to swim to defuse the bomb under a time limit, hardest sh*t ever! i actually pick it up again and gave it another try i think it was around 2002 but i still couldnt beat that lv so earlier on in the game ; ;
I never beat the water board lvl when I was a kid ~8-9 years old. I beat that lvl finally in college and then died to Rocksteady in the next lvl. Then I never wanted to play another TNMT game ever.
Really? The underwater part was easy compared to the next level. Could never figure out where to progress from there.
I remember playing this game when I was about 6 or 7 years old. At the time, I was able to get to the 5th level (the one with the giant ship) without losing a single turtle. If only I could remember how I did it, i'd gladly share ;_;

Even if you do lose a turtle or 2 you can rescue them in the 4th level if you know what you're doing

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: zeldageek
By Quetzalcoatl.Zeldageek 2011-06-09 14:17:09
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Phoenix.Archeim
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Archeim
By Phoenix.Archeim 2011-06-09 14:39:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Josseppi said:
Destiny of an Emporer (NES). It was a little known roll playing game that covered the Lui dynasty in ancient China. The storyline was rather easy, but the game played for a long time (As a kid I played it after school for a few hours for about a month, as an adult I completed the entire game in about 76 hours). At about 90% complete, there is a battle that you have to do a special button combination in order to win. You have one shot to do it right or you can never win the battle and have to start the game over again from the beginning. I failed to get it right as a kid and it haunted me until I finally beat that battle and the game in a gaming binge after I graduated college.

You mean the first fight with Si Ma Yi. (the first time you meet him he sleeps you, and then you learn about the code) Still one of my favorite RPG's. I loved all the characters, only to find them later in the dynasty warriors game.... then i got the book "Three Kingdoms" which is one of my favorite books ever.

The Destiny of an Emperor game was made by Capcom if i'm not mistaken. And Lu Bu was STILL a bad-***.

And further on topic...

7th saga was hard. PS2 Shinobi was also crazy hard (but fun)

I was able to beat Illusion of Gaia (some fights were really darn hard), Mike Tyson's punchout (it took a few YEARS), and Star Tropics. Beating Panzer Dragoon Orta made me a better gamer. Much like Ninja Gaiden 1 for xbox on Master Ninja mode. By the time i beat that, i felt i was a better gamer than i was before.

Games can be difficult for a few reasons... poor programing is one of them. Someone mentioned spellunker for NES... i would also add Sub-Terrania for Genesis
[+]
 Shiva.Kollosis
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2011-06-09 14:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Not necessarily hard, but i could never go through the whole thing without having to restart from a save point :/
 Siren.Matsui
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Matsui 2011-06-10 01:00:44
Link | Citer | R

Im playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty on extreme mode, omigawd I cant beat fatman!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-06-10 01:03:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-06-10 01:19:18
Link | Citer | R

Castlevania: Order of Eclesia is the last game that was really hard that I played. Game has absurd bosses.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-06-10 01:19:38
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Matsui said:
Im playing Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty on extreme mode, omigawd I cant beat fatman!

Just wait until the Metal Gear RAYs/Solidus.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-10 03:22:11
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Daemun said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:

you clearly not know what are you talking about, and i rly think you did not played the 7th saga at all, anyone form the nintendo/snes generation knows this game is one of the hardest , not only because of the grinding fest but the boss battles and monsters are super hard and strategic, the game is very long as well with more than 70 hours of playtime,

ffxi requires effort? no, more like time to play to accomplish goals like all mmorpgs
These are hypocritical statements... and LoZ: Ocarina of Time is a 70+hour game, with grinding to get 100% and all dungeons/bosses require differing strategies. Does that make it one of the hardest RPGs of all time? I certainly think not. It makes it one of the best of all time. The same could probably be said about 7th Saga. Time input to learn strategies is part of a good game's learning curve. Having a point that can murder you even if you know what you're doing; that makes a hard game.

Are you being sarcastic about OoT being a 70+ hour game? :/

I think OoT has about... 12 hours of gameplay at best, maybe 20 for a total zelda newbie.

I WISH there was a 70+ hour zelda game lol
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-06-10 03:29:00
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said:
Castlevania: Order of Eclesia is the last game that was really hard that I played. Game has absurd bosses.
I watched a friend play Castlevania 1~3 without savestates; needless to say... I can't remember which he had a problem with but I think it was 3. At some point he simply gave up, and he was quite good at it. I have this theory that oldschool NES games are the hardest games ever constructed.
 Asura.Azriel
Serveur: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2011-06-10 05:06:01
Link | Citer | R

Residten Evil 1 with 12 years PS1
Xenosaga PS1
Koudelka PS1
Illusions of time SNES

oh and not to forget Tetris on Game boy and Blaster Master/Ikarius Warrior on NES
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8