Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-03 06:28:05
Link | Citer | R

Current setup:
Matthew, Karis, Tyrelll, Amiti.
Average party level: 47.

All Djinn on the corresponding Adept (earth on earth, etc.)

Did what I consider a "test fight". Spent an hour fighting this thing and finally got my *** handed to me. The only improvement I can see to make so far is to swapp Tyrelll out for Sveta. Tyrell is almost useless for this fight whereas Sveta was a big damage contributor.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
 Fenrir.Shishiza
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-06-03 06:37:41
Link | Citer | R

Uhhhhh, unset all of your Djinns after beating Blados & Chalis and spam the summons for a cheap victory.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-06-03 06:47:35
Link | Citer | R

There's not really much you can do.

Every single battle in the series boils down to:

-Unset Djinn; summon spam then swap for fresh characters.

-Set Djinn; whittle down the enemy using every Djinn you got one at a time, swap for fresh characters.

-Set Djinn; don't use them at all and stick with Psynergy/attacks (boring)

The first is the easiest (and funnest imo, nothing like Daedalus missiles getting the last shot) and works on every single boss including .

For equipment, I tossed all the Critical Rate+ I had on Matthew since he's the only one who makes normal attacks worthwhile thanks to his shiny new Sol Blade. The default classes (element on corresponding adepts) aren't all that great, so feel free to play around a bit (Ronin is my favorite). If all else fails, the imperial guard dudes in the random encounters right before the final battle give some of the most exp in the game and consistently drop Water of Life(s).
 Fenrir.Shishiza
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-06-03 06:59:55
Link | Citer | R

ehhhh not necessarily, I beat Dullahan without spamming summons, this is on Lost age however, Didnt bother on Dark Dawn game got boring to be honest
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-03 08:21:52
Link | Citer | R

Summon spam never worked for me in any game :/ Always left the mob alive and my party less than efficient.

I enjoy the normal Attack/psynergy type of battle, as I love to strategize each fight.

What I was doing earlier for this fight was:

Matthew: attack (Sol Blade)
Karis: Healing Gust
Tyrell: Liquifier (tried everything, this worked best)
Amiti: Diamond Berg

If Sol Blade procced, this did about 1100 dmg per round.
The problem is his wide array of attacks.

Retribution, aoe dmg that always KO's 1 character ( at least to me it did ) he did this nearly every turn. It started spamming Darksol Gasp near the end, at that point I should prolly swap Amiti out for Rief to help heal with Pure Wish.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-06-03 08:31:35
Link | Citer | R

I've always spammed High Impact with Karis and had Matthew, Amiti and Tyrell attack, and use Healing gust (High tier wind version of wish I can't seem to remember the name of) and Plys when needed, the only thing I find a pain on the game is your main DD (Matthew) is most of the time, the only guy that can revive people.

Edit: Like most end or optional fights in this game, the only things that made them annoying was the Djinn blast & insta KO attacks.
And in terms of Chaos Chimera, watch out for Chaos upheaval.
 Bismarck.Satabi
user: Satabi
By Bismarck.Satabi 2011-06-03 11:11:01
Link | Citer | R

Mono-elemental classes are bad. Make Matthew a Master or Chaos Lord. Make Sveta a Gladiator and use her instead of one of Karis or Amiti. Make the other one of those two either a Wizard or Pure Mage and make Tyrell a Ronin (if he has Herc Axe) or Master/Chaos Lord (if he has Excal) or Paladin (if you need backup healing). Although, Eoleo would probably be a better choice if doing Ronin or Paladin.

Attack with Matthew in max crit gear. Transform Sveta and have her spam Psynergy Slam (not surge), and can defend-all if you're really hurting. What Eoleo/Tyrell does depends on his class, and Karis/Amiti does typical support stuff.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-06-03 11:18:28
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Shishiza said:
ehhhh not necessarily, I beat Dullahan without spamming summons, this is on Lost age however, Didnt bother on Dark Dawn game got boring to be honest

I got half way through Dark Dawn before returning it. It's still stupid easy. Love the games but once you get enough summons, it's still mad easy.

If the last boss is like previous last bosses, spam summons and swap characters until they're back. Just spam heals until they are. Never posed an issue in the past, but this boss may be different.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-06-03 11:20:17
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Fenrir.Shishiza said:

I got half way through Dark Dawn before returning it. It's still stupid easy. Love the games but once you get enough summons, it's still mad easy.

If the last boss is like previous last bosses, spam summons and swap characters until they're back. Just spam heals until they are. Never posed an issue in the past, but this boss may be different.

The Chaos chimera in Dark Dawn is nowhere near as hard the Doom dragon from Lost Age sadly :(
I really only bought Dark Dawn to follow the storyline, because you know if I grow attached to a games story I'm a sucker for it.
 Bismarck.Satabi
By Bismarck.Satabi 2011-06-03 11:30:40
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Fenrir.Shishiza said:

Yes, it's disappointingly easy even without summon spamming. I've never summon spammed in any of the games, always just seemed cheap to me. I'm really not a fan of the direction they took with Dark Dawn.

I am a fan of Sveta though.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-03 13:33:56
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Satabi said:
Mono-elemental classes are bad. Make Matthew a Master or Chaos Lord. Make Sveta a Gladiator and use her instead of one of Karis or Amiti. Make the other one of those two either a Wizard or Pure Mage and make Tyrell a Ronin (if he has Herc Axe) or Master/Chaos Lord (if he has Excal) or Paladin (if you need backup healing). Although, Eoleo would probably be a better choice if doing Ronin or Paladin. Attack with Matthew in max crit gear. Transform Sveta and have her spam Psynergy Slam (not surge), and can defend-all if you're really hurting. What Eoleo/Tyrell does depends on his class, and Karis/Amiti does typical support stuff.

Good tips, thanks! I usually only did the mono classes since they were really what they kinda set you up with and is the easiest setup to master. Has worked well for me throughout the series so far.

Where might I find the weapons you mentioned? I'm guessing the extra stuff that you can access -just- before the final boss.
 Bismarck.Satabi
By Bismarck.Satabi 2011-06-03 13:51:36
Link | Citer | R

Herc Axe and Excal? They're both crafted (rarely) from Orichalcon. Herc Axe has a little better base damage so it's better for Quick Strike, but Excal's unleash is a lot better so getting that and attacking as Master or Chaos Lord tends to be better. It's also the rarer of the two I believe. It's taken me hours of reseting to get it before (though I've also gotten it on my first try a couple times). Eoleo can't use Excal though.
 Bismarck.Rharmony
user: Rharmon
By Bismarck.Rharmony 2011-06-03 13:53:23
Link | Citer | R

Grind your character's closer to 60, makes the fight little bit easier.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-03 14:04:39
Link | Citer | R

@Satabi: Thanks, found a guide to obtaining a few of those craft items. Hoping it doesnt take to long to forge them.

@Rharmony: Just spent 30 mins and got everyone from 47 -> 59 and a shizton of Water of Life. :P
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-03 14:11:21
Link | Citer | R

This game is extremely easy lol
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-03 14:11:31
Link | Citer | R

and a major disappointment :/
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-03 21:44:46
Link | Citer | R

I think its -ok-, not as good as it could be, but they did alright. Maybe a few other tweaks coulda been done but for the most part I've really enjoyed the game.

Prolly gonna grind here in Apollo Sanctum and then go do the extra stuff for gear/stuffs.
 Bismarck.Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-06-04 18:32:56
Link | Citer | R

Yeah...Ancient Devil is annoying as hell. Always charms my healer ><