users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » dumb questions to pass the time
dumb questions to pass the time
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-10 00:57:14
Link | Citer | R

We were doing well on it til I as the leader was a dumb *** and told people to try and zerg it down after we got all 3 procs on it... was mainly my fault, just curious to hear a little more details on it's abilities and when/when not to hit/use moves etc..
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2011-06-10 01:00:41
Link | Citer | R

2 nin/dnc that dont blink at all (a hint of the quality of players) can for sure duo cara and live through breakga and everything. stun spells, try to stun tp. 25+ minutes later, i learned it was possible :/

but seriously, DD + whm. dont be a ***, use mdt gear for spells and you can go balls to the wall
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-10 01:02:05
Link | Citer | R

whats a good MDT set for nin then? just the "all jobs" stuff?
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-10 01:04:02
Link | Citer | R

Something in this ballpark?

25% is cap in gear from what I am understaning, would love to have the above set...
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-10 01:05:20
Link | Citer | R

also for the record I was not tank, was on 85 craptastic low TH thf for drops...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-10 01:05:28
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
whats a good MDT set for nin then? just the "all jobs" stuff?
Merman's Rings/Earrings, Twilight Torque, Colossus Mantle, Lieutenant's Sash if you have the necessary Assault rank is a good start, I also use Denali Wristbands and Anwig Salade with a MDT-2% augment. Dark Rings obviously can be an improvement over Merman's. Beyond that, depending on what I'm doing I may add miscellaneous INT gear (Usu body etc) to lower damage somewhat.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-10 01:07:55
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said:

Something in this ballpark?

25% is cap in gear from what I am understaning, would love to have the above set...
50% global cap. 25% caps you with Shell V. Suzy feet don't do anything unless it's a fire nuke or Banish/Holy.

Leviathan.Draugo said:
also for the record I was not tank, was on 85 craptastic low TH thf for drops...
THF can tank just fine.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-10 01:10:05
Link | Citer | R

85.... and I was there for TH we had tanks, and i made the bad call to put all my melee on it.... not placing blame else where but on my bad call as leader. Also, i need to sit down and write some thf macros soon.

edit: THF/DNC***
edit2: you are on point on suzu I am usually a full set macro kind of guy, wondering what a better option will be in the feet slot to maximize magic defense?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-10 01:12:16
Link | Citer | R

I am infact, Captain rank in assault, so I'll have to do more Nyzul for denali hands (i have a lot of nyzul armor, but lack those...never got lucky with lots lol), Lieutenant's sash...no better MDT belt? ok i'll have to get IS....not sure how I'm gonna grind that lol but I'll have to for that... I appreciate the set info ^^. I'll need to farm good dark rings too (never got around to um)... Is there a good way to farm full lights as nin/dnc in Aby/highlands for that? Or do I basically find 3 ephems, kill with jutsu nuke, try to kill T1 VNM with pearl and just farm solo time?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-10 01:21:49
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said:
wondering what a better option will be in the feet slot to maximize magic defense?
Uh... AF+1 for the 6 INT, NIN gets no MDT or MDB feet. Though I think you can get MDB on Suzy feet via Synergy augments, in which case they actually would be your best choice.

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Is there a good way to farm full lights as nin/dnc in Aby/highlands for that? Or do I basically find 3 ephems, kill with jutsu nuke, try to kill T1 VNM with pearl and just farm solo time?
That's about it really. Azure ephemerals, pearl VNM, amber the Garuda NM, and go to town. It'd be slow going though, if you can solo AoE farm on BLU it'd go much faster.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-10 01:23:29
Link | Citer | R

well I do have 90 blu.. my gear isn't omgspectacular on blu, but its not bad.... I think I need to farm CW though >_< not even sure which lynxes give it (gimme a break, i have been on a 6 month break :P)
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-10 01:24:21
Link | Citer | R

Night you mentioned NIN/DNC as a viable tank on Cara, mind posting support for it? and what moves are especially important to look for and how you mitigate them?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-10 01:30:29
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
well I do have 90 blu.. my gear isn't omgspectacular on blu, but its not bad.... I think I need to farm CW though >_< not even sure which lynxes give it (gimme a break, i have been on a 6 month break :P)
I did Meriph (S), they're between the maw and the campaign fort.

Leviathan.Draugo said:
Night you mentioned NIN/DNC as a viable tank on Cara, mind posting support for it? and what moves are especially important to look for and how you mitigate them?
Support? I mentioned NIN/DNC as a soloist, not as a tank. If I was going NIN to Carabosse I'd just go NIN/WAR and bring a WHM healer. Anything should be fine to tank it with Shell(ra) V and a MDT set really, I've known people to kill it with a WAR/SAM "tank" and a WHM healer. Stunning Winter Breeze helps a bit and obviously stunning Breakga is nice too but really it's just another 80 cap NM at this point. It stopped being a remote threat to any prepared group once we got refresh atma and hp abyssites.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-10 01:36:03
Link | Citer | R

meriph (s) ok..thx man i'll have to try that..pretty sure i dont have it lol... but as far as solo blu "AOE farming".... how do i do that solo exactly? won't I get absolutely trashed? (I have dream flower, A Burst, cocoon... no momento mori though...)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-10 01:40:57
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
meriph (s) ok..thx man i'll have to try that..pretty sure i dont have it lol... but as far as solo blu "AOE farming".... how do i do that solo exactly? won't I get absolutely trashed? (I have dream flower, A Burst, cocoon... no momento mori though...)
BLU/RDM, Stoneskin, Phalanx, PDT gear. Keep your pulls small til you get comfortable with it, and obviously the right atmas help. There's a couple threads about it in the BLU forums if you haven't seen them.

Also, forgot about narigitsune for additional MDT. Pretty bad DPS-wise now but if you really want 5% more MDT without losing TP, it's there.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-06-10 01:42:49
Link | Citer | R

what do i CW bomb? lizards? i'll have to check out ze thread.. and build a REALLY good pdt set if i'm gonna solo that jazz hehe
 Shiva.Calmdoggy
Serveur: Shiva
user: Calmdoggy
By Shiva.Calmdoggy 2011-06-10 01:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone figured out the boost that elemental gorgets/belts give vs. actual stat modifiers. IE Ascetic's Fury is 50% str/vit, at what point in str/vit+ on a neck/waist beats the gorgets?
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-06-10 01:55:59
Link | Citer | R

Suzaku's shoes can be augmented with mdb easilly enough. I assume thats why they were included in the set.