Because It's Just Awesome.

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Because it's just awesome.
Because it's just awesome.
First Page 2
 Siren.Enternius
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-04 05:54:01
Link | Citer | R

I speak, of course, of Lost Odyssey.
I just recently got this game and it has some of the most amazing music I've ever heard in a video game. Also has one of my favorite battle themes of all time. I know the game is kinda old, but come on. You can't deny masterpieces of this caliber.

Random music:

Intro music, beautiful.

Battle theme, because it's amazing.

One of the many boss battle themes, reminiscent of Advent Children's remake of One-Winged Angel.

The theme for Uhra, the first city you visit in the game.

Numara, the second major city. (Absolutely beautiful city btw.)

The overworld (World map) theme.

Another boss fight. Amazing song, again.

The song that best sums up the whole experience.

I could go on forever, people. I won't, because most of you won't even listen to all of those.

Any Final Fantasy fan will feel right at home with this game. The game itself is four discs long, which is the first time any game has used more than one disc since like...The Genesis, lol. Just goes to show how much effort they put into it. LO has at least 60 hours of gameplay with enough side quests to keep you going for an extra 20.

Graphics are beautiful of course.

Voice acting is often hilarious (In a good way), and almost perfectly done considering it's a Japanese game with English speakers (Usually ends badly (/sea all English Anime and Advent Children)).

Definitely give this game a 10 out of 10. Best game I've played since FF8.

Edit:Yes, before you ask, it's Nobuo Uematsu that made the soundtrack for this game, the mastermind behind all of Final Fantasy's soundtracks, other than X-2. In fact, the game itself was directed by Hironobu Sakaguchi, the creator of almost all of the Final Fantasy games.
[+]
 Cerberus.Jiko
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-04 08:13:23
Link | Citer | R

User submitted image
 Ifrit.Haseyo
Serveur: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-04-04 08:17:41
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Ever since I got FFXI about a year ago, I haven't played a single other 360 game. ; ;
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-04 09:08:11
Link | Citer | R

Lol... Lost Odyssey is Meh at best, it looks and sounds pretty, and has a half-way decent story (zomg someone with amnesia and teenage angst @ 1000 years old, never seen that before.....), but the gameplay is the equivalent of dragon quest... 1.
 Asura.Reublucian
Serveur: Asura
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-04-04 09:16:38

Lost Odyssey I enjoyed, but I will always give credit to The Legend of The Dragoon as being my all-time favorite rpg, and it sucks it isn't well known at all. I would pay the developer's just to make a sequel /cry
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-04 09:17:48
Link | Citer | R

Reublucian said:
Lost Odyssey I enjoyed, but I will always give credit to The Legend of The Dragoon as being my all-time favorite rpg, and it sucks it isn't well known at all. I would pay the developer's just to make a sequel /cry

Yeah that game is *** awesome, while i wouldnt name it my top, it is definitely in my top 10-15.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-04-04 09:19:53

Kajidourden said:
Reublucian said:

Yeah that game is *** awesome, while i wouldnt name it my top, it is definitely in my top 10-15.

I played it over a duration of like Idunno years back and I still play it today, and I was playing it when I was going through the worst crisis I could imagine so, it really helped me escape when I needed to, not to mention the story and just over-all places in the game were just mind-blowing to me. If people haven't played The Legend Of The Dragoon they really should, they don't know what they are missing! You can't even call yourself a fan of rpg and not have played that game!!
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-04 09:20:44
Link | Citer | R

Reublucian said:
Kajidourden said:
Reublucian said:

I played it over a duration of like Idunno years back and I still play it today, and I was playing it when I was going through the worst crisis I could imagine so, it really helped me escape when I needed to, not to mention the story and just over-all places in the game were just mind-blowing to me. If people haven't played The Legend Of The Dragoon they really should, they don't know what they are missing! You can't even call yourself a fan of rpg and not have played that game!!

Was SOOOOOOO glad when lavitz died..... ***.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-04-04 09:25:18

Kajidourden said:
Reublucian said:
Kajidourden said:
Reublucian said:

hahahahaha the next guy is way cooler and better. and it still pisses me off today how lavitz button pressing thing, was always the hardest to press at the right time. I want to cry every time I think about how long I spent mastering his X button mashing mania frenzys!
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-04 09:34:52
Link | Citer | R

Reublucian said:
Kajidourden said:
Reublucian said:
Kajidourden said:
Reublucian said:

hahahahaha the next guy is way cooler and better. and it still pisses me off today how lavitz button pressing thing, was always the hardest to press at the right time. I want to cry every time I think about how long I spent mastering his X button mashing mania frenzys!

Haschel was pretty badass too, with his street-fighter esque techniques lol
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-04-04 09:35:48

Never liked using him much lol brb doctors office
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-04 09:48:28
Link | Citer | R

Lol... of course not.... nobody ever like the "old man still fighting" in an rpg :(, WITH the exception of Cid, people love him
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-04 10:12:42
Link | Citer | R

I loved Sed in Lost Odyssey and he was old (Random /ontopic) though to be honest I think he was an homage to Cid, not only having a similar name, but he's a pirate with his own boat which goes well with Cid and his airship.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-04 10:13:32
Link | Citer | R

MOMMA! Sed was a trip.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-04 10:14:07
Link | Citer | R

<3 Guns.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-04 12:17:43
Link | Citer | R

Speaking of guns.... (/offtopic) CHAT!!! Tales of Destiny II anyone? :D
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-04 12:20:53
Link | Citer | R

I have no idea what that is.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Serveur: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-04-04 12:43:46
Link | Citer | R

I play Lost odyssey while at my gf's (such as today) the only thing I dont like is the way you can't skip cs's (xbox crashed after getting to the third disc Q_Q) but I'm rather enjoying it. And the rings bit. Dunt like that very much :(
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-04 12:49:07
Link | Citer | R

Or maybe it needs lots of disks because dvd<blueray.
It is a good game, but I still like classic Snes-time square games music better.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-04-04 12:51:04

The Legend of Dragoon fo life!
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-04 12:56:11
Link | Citer | R

Reublucian said:

Someone earlier said this, but yes, LoD is an amazing RPG, but no, it's not the best game ever.

That being said, it's one of the best RPGs NOT made by Square.

Edit:Scratch that. Morrowind is first, then LoD I guess.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-04-04 13:55:26

Enternius said:
Reublucian said:

Someone earlier said this, but yes, LoD is an amazing RPG, but no, it's not the best game ever.

The original Morrowind on the xbox will always hold a place in my heart. <3
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-04 13:59:14
Link | Citer | R

Reublucian said:
Enternius said:
Reublucian said:

It's a shame Oblivion wasn't as good as Morrowind (Though still amazing.) They used up way too much disc space with voice-overs (Over half the disc was voice) and just didn't have any room for actual gameplay. That's not to say it wasn't a long time-consuming game. It definitely was. Just not as much as we had hoped it to be.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-04-04 14:22:39

Enternius said:
Reublucian said:
Enternius said:
Reublucian said:

It's a shame Oblivion wasn't as good as Morrowind (Though still amazing.) They used up way too much disc space with voice-overs (Over half the disc was voice) and just didn't have any room for actual gameplay. That's not to say it wasn't a long time-consuming game. It definitely was. Just not as much as we had hoped it to be.

Idunno I was extremely excited about oblivion, and even though I didn't want to think about it, I knew that it just wouldn't be as in-depth as the first Morrowind, but it will always always have a place in my heart, Morrowind is just one of those games that I'm happy that it was made in my lifetime you know? I'm actually gonna go hook up my old xbox to go play it now lmao
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2009-04-04 14:56:36
Link | Citer | R

Reublucian said:
Enternius said:
Reublucian said:
Enternius said:
Reublucian said:

Idunno I was extremely excited about oblivion, and even though I didn't want to think about it, I knew that it just wouldn't be as in-depth as the first Morrowind, but it will always always have a place in my heart, Morrowind is just one of those games that I'm happy that it was made in my lifetime you know? I'm actually gonna go hook up my old xbox to go play it now lmao

Morrowind <Too Weak> Baldur's Gate <Do you need it?>

Lol, but in all seriousness, morrowind was *** awesome also, but BG is *** amazing!
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-04-04 19:17:32

Kajidourden said:
Reublucian said:
Enternius said:
Reublucian said:
Enternius said:
Reublucian said:

Lol, but in all seriousness, morrowind was *** awesome also, but BG is *** amazing!

Am I an *** for asking what is Baldur's Gate?
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-04 19:18:43
Link | Citer | R

Reublucian said:
Kajidourden said:
Reublucian said:
Enternius said:
Reublucian said:
Enternius said:
Reublucian said:

Am I an *** for asking what is Baldur's Gate?

Baldur's Gate is like a Diablo clone I believe. Top-down dungeon crawler, right? I know that's what Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is.
 Asura.Reublucian
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-04-04 19:28:16

Oooo is it really better than old morrowind though?
First Page 2