Sony's Rapture?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Sony's Rapture?
Sony's Rapture?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Fenrir.Ilax
Serveur: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-06-01 14:43:04
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Galith said:
It gets to the point where companies might as well just release games for free and then ask for donations because there's nothing keeping you from downloading a game for free other than morality.

That sorta what Microsoft do, they don't really care if you have illegal version of windows... but if you have a bizz or a corp, watch out they will sue you for big $$.

All Software should be FREE... with monthly FEE, there no other solution.. Too bad there still bizz like sony and apple or lol-mac that try do billion on they Hardware PRODUCT then *** block user on any freebe software, and force you to pay more to use they product, in the end they deserve to be hacked and DoS.

If you wan compare this *** is like if you buy a house 200,000$ and then have to pay 6 time the price to repaint inside it because the one who sold that house is "Apple Inc" and they put chimical on your wall that unallow you to repaint it with any other product...
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2011-06-01 14:43:40
Link | Citer | R

no, i know how it works. saying it can be done so easily, with basicly no assisstance, making it that much easier to just run these things.
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-06-01 14:45:07
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
There's no gray area in the legal code, it's pretty simple. People who pirate are committing crimes, not people who homebrew.
Company that *** block you on the use of your product should also be considered as a crimes.

Edit:

On side note, take AoL... They got SUED to hell, because after installing they "INTERNET PACKAGE" you were unable to get internet form any other ISP after, because they modified your system file on purpose, solution was reinstall windows...

Apple, AoL, Sony are all those company that ppl should be aware and be happy when hacker attack them. Is it sad for user that pay the price of all this? Of course it is, but everyone have choice to buy the "right" product.

There a reason PC is popular and Apple/mac crap is unpopular, and reason is for sure not because they product is junk, but all about hwo it cost 6x the price for no reason.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-06-01 14:49:49
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
no, i know how it works. saying it can be done so easily, with basicly no assisstance, making it that much easier to just run these things.
you underestimate the stupidity of the general public, and the laziness of others
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-06-01 15:09:47
Link | Citer | R

Capitalism should be considered a crime too...

Dropping 2 tons of milk just to keep price up "Production Quota" while you watching poor ppl die from famine should be a crime.

But ya without enter in all detail, take a minute to read this page:

http://www.globalissues.org/article/442/guns-money-and-cell-phones

just quoting a part of it...

http://www.globalissues.org/article/442/guns-money-and-cell-phones said:
The substance for sale wasn't cocaine or top-grade opium. It was an ore called Columbite-tantalite - coltan for short - one of the world's most sought-after materials. Refine coltan and you get a highly heat-resistant metal powder called tantalum. It sells for $100 a pound, and it's becoming increasingly vital to modern life. For the high-tech industry, tantalum is magic dust, a key component in everything from mobile phones made by Nokia (NOK) and Ericsson and computer chips from Intel (INTC) to Sony (SNE) stereos and VCRs.

So ya what is a crime again?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-06-01 15:28:21
Link | Citer | R

good thing silicon is cheap as dirt
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-06-01 16:04:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Ilax said:

Dropping 2 tons of milk just to keep price up "Production Quota" while you watching poor ppl die from famine should be a crime.

The substance for sale wasn't cocaine or top-grade opium. It was an ore called Columbite-tantalite - coltan for short - one of the world's most sought-after materials. Refine coltan and you get a highly heat-resistant metal powder called tantalum. It sells for $100 a pound, and it's becoming increasingly vital to modern life. For the high-tech industry, tantalum is magic dust, a key component in everything from mobile phones made by Nokia (NOK) and Ericsson and computer chips from Intel (INTC) to Sony (SNE) stereos and VCRs.

Do you know the difference between despotism and capitalism?

Half the problem with those "Blood-product" countries is the international community has such a lock on those products being exported from those countries, the only way to get them out is through "illegal" means.

I agree that it is sad that dictators have taken over the will of the people and exploited them to turn a buck. But it is partially the fault of those citizens of those countries for not taking up arms and fighting for their own rights.

Sorry for the de-rail. I don't have a PS3 and the last PSP I bought I hacked right off the bat.... carry on.

edit: Synthetic diamonds will be the next wave of microchip production anyway. There are already companies that make them, and they are a much better conductor, since they can withstand much greater heat transfer than our current mass produced crystals.

Oh and they do not have to come from war torn impoverished countries, they are grown in labs at a much lower production cost. No need to move large amounts of dirt and "ore" just to get a refined diamond. YAY!
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2011-06-01 17:03:32
Link | Citer | R

Caitsith.Shiroi said:
I'm far from being for the hacking and all, but they did taunt them, which I consider extremely stupid.

They probably did it in an attempt to trace the hackers, not sure if they've did that or not though. But when you f*ck with a billion dollar company, you know they got an ace of their sleave waiting.
 Lakshmi.Seoha
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Mameshiba
By Lakshmi.Seoha 2011-06-01 17:12:59
Link | Citer | R

I just want to play some Blazblue Continuum Shift II online!
AM I ASKING MUCH ? UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH~
 Fenrir.Ilax
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-06-01 18:03:40
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:

Do you know the difference between despotism and capitalism?

Half the problem with those "Blood-product" countries is the international community has such a lock on those products being exported from those countries, the only way to get them out is through "illegal" means.

I agree that it is sad that dictators have taken over the will of the people and exploited them to turn a buck. But it is partially the fault of those citizens of those countries for not taking up arms and fighting for their own rights.

Sorry for the de-rail. I don't have a PS3 and the last PSP I bought I hacked right off the bat.... carry on.

Depend on point of view, when i said: everyone have choice to buy the "right" product i mean they should know better where it come from and what is the real cost about it.

Of course most of us are like: Hey 160$ for shoes, WTF BBQ Walmart have same pair for 20$, but all you know that pair of shoes come from Taiwan made by kid exploited, and a US citizen that actually making these shoes is closing his bizz bc no one buy it.

Who win out of all this? you can call it despotism if you wan, to me is almost same deal and ppl should pay more attention to what they consume, then these company would change they way to do bizz.

And of course all this derailed a bit, but was pointing how sonny, nokia, fido, apple, and so on don't deserve any pity.

Leviathan.Draugo said:
edit: Synthetic diamonds will be the next wave of microchip production anyway. There are already companies that make them, and they are a much better conductor, since they can withstand much greater heat transfer than our current mass produced crystals.

Oh and they do not have to come from war torn impoverished countries, they are grown in labs at a much lower production cost. No need to move large amounts of dirt and "ore" just to get a refined diamond. YAY!

That been long time they able to do that, is still cheaper exploit other country... So ya exploit consumer to dictate what they should install or not on they phone, and exploit other county to make they product. Sorry i have no pity for them.
 Odin.Ananea
Serveur: Odin
user: Anane3298
By Odin.Ananea 2011-06-01 18:22:05
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Ianpyst said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

What people do with the hardware in their home is their business, don't attack people for what they may do with their hacked hardware.

I would imagine it has more to do with "he didn't keep it in his home".

In certain parts of Europe it is the companies business what you do with the hardware... some laws were passed recently regarding this and I'm sure once Sony rebounds, which it do, it will push for new laws most likely, and so will Microsoft I'm guessing... but we will just have to wait and see.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-06-01 18:36:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Jet is right -- they only made the act of jailbreaking itself legal. If you do it to run alternative (legal) software, then a service provider / copyright holder like AT&T or Sony can't go after you for violating your contract with them. If you jailbreak for the purpose of pirating or running illegal software though, you're still breaking the law. It's just that the law break happens further down the line. Your beef isn't with Sony/AT&T, but you still have one with the federal government. It's like copying a key. Locksmiths can make copies of keys or break open locks legally. However, if you do it to your neighbors house and walk off with their television, then it's still illegal.
Then why were they attempting to pursue this guy for doing this? did it have to do with their signing code? ( I didn't read into the full details)
He actually released the root key that is used for authorizing software run on the system (I believe that's how it's used at least). Since he released it in it's unaltered form it's technically sony proprietary information.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-06-01 22:23:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Jet is right -- they only made the act of jailbreaking itself legal. If you do it to run alternative (legal) software, then a service provider / copyright holder like AT&T or Sony can't go after you for violating your contract with them. If you jailbreak for the purpose of pirating or running illegal software though, you're still breaking the law. It's just that the law break happens further down the line. Your beef isn't with Sony/AT&T, but you still have one with the federal government. It's like copying a key. Locksmiths can make copies of keys or break open locks legally. However, if you do it to your neighbors house and walk off with their television, then it's still illegal.
Then why were they attempting to pursue this guy for doing this? did it have to do with their signing code? ( I didn't read into the full details)
He actually released the root key that is used for authorizing software run on the system (I believe that's how it's used at least). Since he released it in it's unaltered form it's technically sony proprietary information.

so? it's not like he sent it to people, he posted it on a website and they read it.

It was their stupidity for not using a random code anyway...
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-06-01 23:47:55
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
so? it's not like he sent it to people, he posted it on a website and they read it. It was their stupidity for not using a random code anyway...
If he'd just sent it to people he never would have gotten caught/sued for it. Posting it on a public website is much worse, lol.

And there's no such thing as using a truly random auth code, you have to base it off of something or else there's no way to match them, hence the root key.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-06-02 00:28:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
so? it's not like he sent it to people, he posted it on a website and they read it. It was their stupidity for not using a random code anyway...
If he'd just sent it to people he never would have gotten caught/sued for it. Posting it on a public website is much worse, lol.

And there's no such thing as using a truly random auth code, you have to base it off of something or else there's no way to match them, hence the root key.

the way it was explained to me is that sony screwed up in the design, and legally there's no difference in displaying it publicly and sending it.
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-06-02 00:54:46
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
the way it was explained to me is that sony screwed up in the design, and legally there's no difference in displaying it publicly and sending it.
Been reading up on it trying to understand exactly what happened. The design itself is sound but for whatever reason, when generating public keys they decided to use the same number rather than a random one. Because of this they were able to back calculate the private key which is what got released.

And that's kind of the point? They're both equally illegal. The only difference is posting it on a website puts a gigantic bullseye on you.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-06-02 01:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Been reading up on it trying to understand exactly what happened. The design itself is sound but for whatever reason, when generating public keys they decided to use the same number rather than a random one. Because of this they were able to back calculate the private key which is what got released.

And that's kind of the point? They're both equally illegal. The only difference is posting it on a website puts a gigantic bullseye on you.

how so? the illegal part
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-06-02 01:56:12
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Been reading up on it trying to understand exactly what happened. The design itself is sound but for whatever reason, when generating public keys they decided to use the same number rather than a random one. Because of this they were able to back calculate the private key which is what got released. And that's kind of the point? They're both equally illegal. The only difference is posting it on a website puts a gigantic bullseye on you.
how so? the illegal part
Releasing of proprietary company information?

Edit: Maybe illegal's not the right word for it, grounds for a civil suit? It's still judged in a court of law, dunno if there's a special term for it, lol.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-06-02 12:07:49
Link | Citer | R

the only way there would be grounds on that is if the person who released it worked for the company and signed a non-disclosure etc, somebody else figuring it out and blabbing however...