Ocelot Or Iga Tekko +2?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ocelot or Iga Tekko +2?
Ocelot or Iga Tekko +2?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-27 08:16:21
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Im not sure which to wear.

the ones with haste

even if they were somehow inferior to tekko (see: take the haste away), dDEX is capped inside abyssea with razed ruins and 3/3 furtherance abyssites (to boost your cruor buff benefits), so they don't add critical hit rate whatsoever via the dexterity, as well as the fact that accuracy is a non-issue for +90% of the games' content currently (and if it is/was an issue, you should be downing a marinara pizza anyways)

in other words, since the set effect is absolute trash too, bandomusha kote say hi, BUT EVEN STILL, ocelot (ideally dusk gloves +1) reign supreme in the end

heard you liked certain avatars, so i brought you twenty-two of the same one
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-05-27 09:15:48
Link | Citer | R

You have your answer. Why are you still trying to defend set procs?
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-05-27 09:26:49
Link | Citer | R

Than*

Yeah, they're better. Use them. /thread.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-05-27 09:29:23
Link | Citer | R

Kin37ix said:
Alright. Ocelot does slightly more damage if you have capped EVA.

What does EVA matter? Haste also has effects on engage speed on next mob (I'm assuming you're talking about XPing, since NMs aren't gonna die in 2min). Set bonus is awful, can it even proc with a normal TA/DA proc?
 Carbuncle.Axle
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-05-27 09:35:30
Link | Citer | R

Kin37ix said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Kin37ix said:
What does EVA matter? Haste also has effects on engage speed on next mob (I'm assuming you're talking about XPing, since NMs aren't gonna die in 2min). Set bonus is awful, can it even proc with a normal TA/DA proc?

If youre talking about exp, Ocelot goes out the window because you never have your katanas out for 2 minutes at a time, meaning you get nothing form that ~1% haste.

If you dont have capped EVA wearing Ocelot, Tekko could save you some Utsu casts, increasing your attack rounds.

Oh my, if you want to wear tekko so bad, then do it.

But they won't be better than capped haste. Which you need 26% of btw, not 25%. and ya blah blah blah 25.31415% w/e it is.

Maybe also ask for some charts on Double att VS Haste.
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-05-27 09:38:36
Link | Citer | R

Sweet jesus...

Ocelot.
Are.
Better.

Dusk +1/Usu feet combo. Better again.

Listen to the people that know things.
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-05-27 09:41:33
Link | Citer | R

Than*
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Serveur: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-27 09:44:02
Link | Citer | R

BorealisV2 said:
Stop using full AF3+2, use AF1 body. Also, Ocelot > Tekko.

Unless you have marches >.>

This.

Also, Ocelot would add 1.87 would they not?
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-27 09:45:36
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Kin37ix said:
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Kin37ix said:
If youre talking about exp, Ocelot goes out the window because you never have your katanas out for 2 minutes at a time, meaning you get nothing form that ~1% haste. If you dont have capped EVA wearing Ocelot, Tekko could save you some Utsu casts, increasing your attack rounds.
Oh my, if you want to wear tekko so bad, then do it. But they won't be better than capped haste. Which you need 26% of btw, not 25%. and ya blah blah blah 25.31415% w/e it is. Maybe also ask for some charts on Double att VS Haste.

This is the only chart i have/seen...
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-27 09:47:32
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
hey

use that but with lv90 kannagi ok? ok

Fixed and done!
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-05-27 09:50:59
Link | Citer | R

I love it when people make threads asking for advice on gear then argue with everyone saying they're wrong and he's right.

OP: Why did you bother asking? We're obviously inferior intellect to you.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-27 09:57:05
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I love it when people make threads asking for advice on gear then argue with everyone saying they're wrong and he's right. OP: Why did you bother asking? We're obviously inferior intellect to you.

I TOTALLY DO THAT ONCE A MONTH!!!!!!
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-27 09:58:08
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
I love it when people make threads asking for advice on gear then argue with everyone saying they're wrong and he's right. OP: Why did you bother asking? We're obviously inferior intellect to you.

THAT time of the month?
 Alexander.Zerr
Serveur: Alexander
user: Zerr
By Alexander.Zerr 2011-05-27 10:02:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

THAT time of the month?

It has now dawned on me...

women are the founders of trolling! D:
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-05-27 10:13:21
Link | Citer | R

What's silly is saying that set proc on Iga +2 ***is better than haste. It's clearly not.
[+]
 Alexander.Zerr
By Alexander.Zerr 2011-05-27 10:15:13
Link | Citer | R

Kin37ix said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:

Thats not it dude. A few unreasonable people are like "zomg Tekko arent even comparable"... It's silly.

Its not unreasonable when people have tried and tested such things and, despite some have shown or attempted to give evidence to back up their statements, you simply refuse to comment or take into consideration said argument.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-05-27 10:24:59
Link | Citer | R

Ocelot because Enmity +3. Duh.
[+]
 Alexander.Zerr
By Alexander.Zerr 2011-05-27 10:28:34
Link | Citer | R

Kin37ix said:
I never said that the DA was better, I said it helps them catch up in situations where Ocelot are better.

I said is that Tekko are better when:

You dont have your katanas out for at least two minutes at a time.
You dont have capped ACC.
You dont have capped EVA.

and Ocelot are slightly better otherwise.

You're the one going "lolol Ocelot always > Tekko", whish is ***.

if you're worried about capped eva then why are you fussing about having your katanas out for > 2 mins?

Tekko are situational at best, Ocelot are much more versatile in their use
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-05-27 10:31:07
Link | Citer | R

Where are you not going to be fighting for at least 2 minutes? That and neglect of the fact that Haste increases total swings, and simultaneously adds swings that DA/TA/set bonus can proc on further increase total swings, even if it only is one more swing. Outside of some hybrid evasion, or an accuracy build (often unneeded even before food) Ocelot will win.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-27 10:38:45
Link | Citer | R

Kin37ix said:
Alexander.Zerr said:
Kin37ix said:
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Thats not it dude. A few unreasonable people are like "zomg Tekko arent even comparable"... It's silly.
Its not unreasonable when people have tried and tested such things and, despite some have shown or attempted to give evidence to back up their statements, you simply refuse to comment or take into consideration said argument.
What are you even talking about. Im providing numbers here. Nobody else is. The ~1.23 haste we get from Ocelot = ~1 more attack round over Tekko every two minutes. If youre not fighting for at least two minutes, guess what? If you dont have capped ACC, guess what? If youre casting Utsu more with Ocelot, guess what?

If your ACC isn't caped then you should be poping a pizza or something instead... since your attack likely isnt caping out in that same situation more the reason to solve with food rather then replacing gear...

As for having your katanas out for less then 2 min nothing in that situation is worth taking seriously to justify this argument.

And lastly on the evasion, while its nice, it alone is not going to make a noticable change. If things are hitting you enough that evasion is an issue you will need to be swaping to more then just gloves.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-27 10:44:46
Link | Citer | R

Kin37ix said:
Asura.Ina said:
And lastly on the evasion, while its nice, it alone is not going to make a noticable change.
Neither is half an attack round every two minutes.

Didn't say that it would but if offered a small chocolate bar (from a friend not some guy in a van that says free candy :P) or no chocolate bar which would you chose?

I'd jump on that chocolate bar in a second :P

Edit: missed adding this, The attack round will happen regardless if yo notice it or not and over time will add up and increces your chances of just getting lucky and it procing beyond the average.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8