RMT's?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » RMT's?
RMT's?
 Lakshmi.Schultz
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2011-05-24 17:46:52
Link | Citer | R

So I wasn't sure to start with but after 3 days seeing them do the same thing, pretty sure.

Whilst I've been solo farming San d'Oria, I noticed a few shell-less players constantly pulling the NM Voidstreaker Butchnotch. Give them 45mins or so, and guaranteed a new set of shell-less characters back doing the same thing.

Now I know that this could be a group of legit players and their mules just farming as much as they could (I'd do that if I had the time). But something just doesn't feel quite right.

I'm just assuming that this NM drops 100 pieces. I've killed it once as THF/NIN + WHM, but never tried it again because I'd rather farm for guaranteed currency, than gamble with a low drop rate (if someone corrects me on this, hello NM!).

And no I'm not butt hurt that they are stealing my NM's, I couldn't give a crap. I've seen them wipe enough that I could have stole their NM at < 10%, but I didn't.

Just throwing it out there that there's possible RMT activity, plus the possibility that they are cashing in on the fact that Dyna-currency is sitting around 16k a piece and rising. I know I walk in and out with 800,000 worth of currency each run I do (and that's just myself), but I am slowly finishing off Stage 5.

I remember a thread stating that RMT had left the game, they haven't. As long as there are people that want to buy gil, and as long as reward overweights effort, someone will try to profit.

Oh did I mention they were PINK Ninja's?

lt;dr
RMT in Dynamis, farming and wiping to NM's. Epic lols are had watching charmed melees take down mages.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
Serveur: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-24 17:52:54
Link | Citer | R

Sounds like JPs to me. I see a ton of JPs farming dynamis without ls's.
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2011-05-24 18:00:18
Link | Citer | R

"And no I'm not butt hurt that they are stealing my NM's"

Love that sentence.

In Phoenix there are JPN shouts that are specifically for farming currency. Could be like what Uzugami said.
 Lakshmi.Schultz
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Schultz
By Lakshmi.Schultz 2011-05-24 18:09:31
Link | Citer | R

Oh yeah that's a possibility as well. I know if I had a few extra mules leveled up (working on a 2x NIN/DNC's atm) I'd stay in Dynamis for 6 hours a day easily.

Yeah had to add that line as there's usually someone that's all like... "oh QQ, you couldn't get your NM, claim better". See honestly it doesn't bother me. It was more just to say "hey, something going on here".

NM go BOOM :D - I see this a lot.
 Sylph.Anariodin
Serveur: Sylph
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-05-25 02:52:43
Link | Citer | R

personally i think it would be a huge waste of time for RMTs. that is 2 hours of work to "possibly" get currency. I havent seen any strange activity on Sylph. I sit in PJ and buy currency ALL the time. those on sylph see my Alt toon playing BRD songs and shouts.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-25 02:57:01
Link | Citer | R

with the price of gil these days, i find it hard to believe that gilfarming retains its status as a profitable activity

most of the gil supply comes from players these days, i think
By Purpleeyes 2011-05-25 03:24:19
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Anariodin said:
personally i think it would be a huge waste of time for RMTs. that is 2 hours of work to "possibly" get currency. I havent seen any strange activity on Sylph. I sit in PJ and buy currency ALL the time. those on sylph see my Alt toon playing BRD songs and shouts.

Grrr
By Artemicion 2011-05-25 03:25:10
Link | Citer | R

Purpleeyes said:
Sylph.Anariodin said:

Grrr

Would you prefer chary?
 Sylph.Anariodin
Serveur: Sylph
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-05-25 03:34:09
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
with the price of gil these days, i find it hard to believe that gilfarming retains its status as a profitable activity most of the gil supply comes from players these days, i think
It doesnt seem like it would be anymore. I sell Cruor and Dom notes for both my Main and Alt (not Mule due to him being a completely different account)