DL Pops Not Dropping As Often?

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » DL pops not dropping as often?
DL pops not dropping as often?
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-05-20 17:28:49
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone else noticed this after the most recent update? We use to get pops to fall like rain when we killed nm's in xarc but ever since the update and gone back we have seen none after a hand full of kills. No one in the other thread replied to my question so made a thread. qq.

edit: full TE's and proc'd Red !!'s on all the nm's we killed as well.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-05-20 22:17:31
Link | Citer | R

Bumping for answers.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-05-24 02:07:03
Link | Citer | R

Bumping for answers again. Wanting to know if they fixed the drop rate last update or we just got damn lucky getting DL pops off all the NM's we killed in xarc.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-24 02:32:37
Link | Citer | R

Hmmm, I seemed to get a pop off each NM :/ Guess you just got unlucky >< Keep trying! You'll seeplenty im sure. You had TH I assume?
 Sylph.Anariodin
Serveur: Sylph
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-05-24 02:38:25
Link | Citer | R

I get these often. I dont see any drop rate issues.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-05-24 15:51:37
Link | Citer | R

Weird, and all had TH6 minimum on them. Either we used up all our luck pre update and now they don't like us :P goin back tonight!
 Phoenix.Ceokitty
Serveur: Phoenix
user: ceokitty
By Phoenix.Ceokitty 2011-05-26 15:14:14
Link | Citer | R

You need to get 5/5 time extentions first, then start staggering stuff. drop rates are the same if not higher. NMs aren't a 100% drop on anything, but the 5/5 and a red stagger seriously help the drop rate on anything that mob drops.
 Alexander.Hiep
Serveur: Alexander
user: Hiep
By Alexander.Hiep 2011-05-26 15:18:09
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Ceokitty said:
You need to get 5/5 time extentions first, then start staggering stuff. drop rates are the same if not higher. NMs aren't a 100% drop on anything, but the 5/5 and a red stagger seriously help the drop rate on anything that mob drops.
when you get 5/5, does staggering red get easier? or do you still have to use one of the many ja's/ws's/spells to trigger?
 Phoenix.Ceokitty
Serveur: Phoenix
user: ceokitty
By Phoenix.Ceokitty 2011-05-30 14:48:04
Link | Citer | R

The way the staggers work is (from memory)
3/5 Yellow !! and simple stun with a lower chance to trigger. Ups chance to drop stuff.
4/5 Blue !! terrors, and once again ups trigger rate\drops.
5/5 Red !! Terrors, wipes 2hr if used (useful on plds) and locks it and prevents it from being used if it hasn't. Can trigger even more (but can still be a PITA as it can take me upwards of 16 attempts) and has highest drop rates. Tends to give 1 peice of currancy per staggered mob with no TA with a max of 4 with TH. Also impacts general mob drops like NMs dropping the zone boss pop.

My ancidotal evidence says 5/5 rains AF like candy (20-30 peices per run. Blu seems the rarest) and is the only way to get the exceedingly rare 100 peices.

Mages are staggered by magic, then the rest are JA or WS based on their jobs.
Edit: There's no specific magic or JA that stagger, it appears to be based on what you bring in.
[+]