Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-19 01:24:26
Link | Citer | R

Camate said:
Hello! There have been a few comments related to checking time within Dynamis, as well as difficulties arising when trying to meet up with your fellow party members due to a lack of maps.

We are currently examining ways to display the remaining time in Dynamis. Due to the fact that the remaining time is managed server side and packets are not continuously sent client side, it’s not currently possible to check your remaining time. In order to check this it would be necessary to interact with the server by performing some action similar to the healing method in Abyssea. Taking into consideration the content of Dynamis itself (constant battles, longer battles, etc.), we felt that it would be difficult to use a feature that required player action to display the time. Due to this we are heading towards creating a way to automatically announce your time remaining.

As for maps, we are also looking into the possibility of displaying maps while in Dynamis. Currently, no maps exist for these areas, we would like to create them. [source]

We may be seeing maps for Dynamis in an upcoming update, what are your thoughts on this? Do you believe some of the difficulty of Dynamis (as you could say) lies in knowing your surroundings and coordinating/organizing your group without a map? Or do you think it has been long enough that there should be no need to hide it any longer? Discuss!
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-05-19 01:42:19
Link | Citer | R

As far as cities go, It doesnt really matter, Most of the player base atleast has 90% knowledge of how the cities are setup. other areas, it would prove more useful, especially if you have people coming into join, after you have already started a run.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-05-19 02:43:48
Link | Citer | R

I think maps would be a convenience, but at the same time, tonight for instance, I have gotten by fine w/o them.

Either way I do not care much.
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-05-19 02:47:06
Link | Citer | R

As far as time remaining message is concerned, it tells you @ last 30 mins and counts down from there periodically, I think a /heal time check would be nice.

The giving the schpeal about "lolps2oranyotherhardwarelimitations" is laughable at this stage of development.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-19 03:01:01
Link | Citer | R

I don't know... every time they blame something on the PS2 and forget about it now while they are hurting so bad and loosing money... I just don't get it.

Why not develop something that only PC players can use as long as it doesn't give them a huge advantage? Regardless of windower/3rd party aps. Or release an update for the PC and try to make something similar for PS2.

Anyways I'm pretty sure there was a timer on a advertisement back in 2002 or 3, probably for some type of BCNM. Was in the top right hand corner. Obviously they didn't add it but they had the idea from the start about that stuff. Would be nice to have that timer, but resting would be cool I guess. I don't really like VNM's because of that reason though.
 Siren.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-05-19 11:47:00
Link | Citer | R

The map thing in my mind isn't so much finding your way around as it is finding your fellow team mates.

player1: Where are you?
player2: Nue tower
player1whoneverdidbrownbeltquest: Where's that? I'm at the entrence

The map will really help just allowing people not stray from the group and give <pos> for certain things.

Time while kneeling would be nice imo, but once 30 mins hits I know to get serious so I can live with that. Otherwise Im just going as fast as I can to do everything I can.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-05-19 11:54:15
Link | Citer | R

ever before the dynamis change in cop and outland zoens every one people were having go back for others either later enters or people who had afk for min or 2. Some people simply do not have the mind for avigating things wihtout a map or easily identified markers. The thing seeing now though in citys is theres no common terminology for in the zones like in sandy soemone would say we at west gate and quest comes back u mean west on compass or west ronfare amng other things.
 Bismarck.Aena
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-19 12:04:28
Link | Citer | R

Even in the cities my group would get separated and confused sometimes. Maps mean markers, so that would be awesome when we're tracking someone who died and are getting confused about where, especially if he or she goes AFK for a bit while waiting for a Raise (ohh, but that reminds me to remind people to get a Reraise scroll to help out when TE hunting, derp).
 Siren.Mallicard
user: Mallicard
By Siren.Mallicard 2011-05-19 12:26:37
Link | Citer | R

Finding your way around in Dynamis used to be a skill. It used to be my job to find people who were lost. Most zones its not hard to work with, but outlands were kind of confusing at times. Still, I rarely had trouble finding people.
 Bismarck.Nevill
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-05-19 12:27:32
Link | Citer | R

Inb4 mappy