Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Trying to optimize my evisceration
Trying to optimize my evisceration
 Asura.Nzuh
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: nzuh
By Asura.Nzuh 2011-05-16 16:24:41
Link | Citer | R

There are a few pieces I'm not positive about - atheling or cavaros? And anguinous or cuchulain? And would a moonshade with attack and +25 tp bonus out do aesir or the 4 dex earring?

Forgive me if these have been touched on before.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-05-16 18:13:52
Link | Citer | R

I'd say:
* Atheling
* Cuchulain's
* Moonshade with Atk+4/TP Bonus+25
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-16 18:28:29
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I'd say:
* Atheling
* Cuchulain's
* Moonshade with Atk+4/TP Bonus+25

May I ask why the TP bonus earring is useful for evis? How much crit rate does +25% tp add?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-16 18:45:15
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Every % of TP gives a higher % for any hit in a critical hit WS to critical, I'd guess TP+25 to be a 2% critical hit increase per hit in Eviseration so that would be 5x2=10%(?) critical hit rate.

if it was a 2% increase, it would be a 2% increase on each hit, not a 10% increase to every hit, but ok.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Luces
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-05-16 18:57:30
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Every % of TP gives a higher % for any hit in a critical hit WS to critical, I'd guess TP+25 to be a 2% critical hit increase per hit in Eviseration so that would be 5x2=10%(?) critical hit rate.

5x2=10% is not correct. Each hit would get a +2% critical hit rate not the overall ws getting a 10% cricitca hit boost.
I remember reading initial boost in CH rate for eviseration being around 20% with 100%tp and capping around 36% with 300% tp I can't remember where I read this though and it had testing behind it. but you look at this way your gaining roughly 8% critcial hit rate per 100%tp(past the inital) brake that down and your getting 2% for every 25% tp so that part should be correct. That being said it largly depends no your current critical hit rate. if you houvering at 50% in abyssea, with just atmas not counting jobtraits/gear/merits like most dancers I know then then the tp bonus will do very little for you and should loose to the aesir or jupiters pearl(+4dex earing whatever it's called) outside I would say the +25tp bonus might be just a tad better for your average, but I don't know the equations for it. I would think that the earing with regain would be better suited for a dnc?
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
Serveur: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 19:45:28
Link | Citer | R

Just a little input from a ninja. I see that tp bonus and attack earring as more of a stabilizer rather than increasing your damage. If you find your eviscerations doing a consistent amount already... maybe you should go with a dex earring. If you're seeing a lot of variation in your eviscerations maybe you should go with the tp bonus and attack.