The Days Of Pet PDT Build SE Officially Goodbye!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The days of Pet PDT build SE Officially goodbye!
The days of Pet PDT build SE Officially goodbye!
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13
 Bismarck.Guttler
Serveur: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-05-16 16:17:16
Link | Citer | R

RR confirmed to work.
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-05-16 16:17:59
Link | Citer | R

MC confirmed to work.
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-05-16 16:21:38
Link | Citer | R

And DG works too. Metal is a moron.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-05-17 15:28:39
Link | Citer | R

This is probably the best gearset nowadays for bst on stuff you can't melee. Axes are PDT, or MDB depending on if mob spams magic attacks Rings are Earrings are Aug Acc+4 from ACP Last Boss/Qu'Bai Arena. Can use the wind ones for evasion too. Mirke is standard. Anwig is Haste+5 DT-10 just because. This should put you at PDT-35% before factoring in Stout Servant so 1 DT atma will put you at PDT cap. If fighting a NM that likes magic you probably wanna roll DG+Evasion over PDT axes but that requires more testing to see if essentially being at half HP is worth it now that you can't idle at 70+ PDT.
 Sylph.Shinobu
Serveur: Sylph
user: shinobu
By Sylph.Shinobu 2011-05-18 03:22:51
Link | Citer | R

does anyone know what the new cap is yet?
 Asura.Arkanethered
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-05-18 10:27:38
Link | Citer | R

Has this or the other things announced in the mini update been added yet? I thought they would have to do a maint.
 Cerberus.Snowman
Serveur: Cerberus
user: phrost
By Cerberus.Snowman 2011-05-18 10:48:12
Link | Citer | R

Raborn said:
Well if they do cap PDT/MDT for pets and it doesn't let me stack the gear i worked for (which is their fault for releasing it and not thinking) then I'm going to write a nasty letter and I'm taking my leave from the game again.
There's a reason SE has one of the lowest rating on the BBB. And I think we all know why.

http://www.la.bbb.org/Business-Report/Square-Enix-Inc-13168063

if noone posted that yet.
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-05-18 10:53:38
Link | Citer | R

A+ rating lol...
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-18 10:57:41
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Guttler said:
And DG works too. Metal is a moron.
Funny that he hasn't re-posted since you tested for sure.

Maybe some ppl just don't know how to test.

inbefore "Eyeballing"
 Siren.Inuyushi
Serveur: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-05-18 11:39:39
Link | Citer | R

To the guy that talked about Counter, Counterstance increases your overall rate to 50%, not 60%, the afv2 boots push it up to 60%. Counter also has an 85% cap before calculating in Accuracy which has a 95% cap (if you miss a counter, it counts as a hit on you). So the true cap on counter is 85% * 95% = 80% roughly.

Or the cap on Counter is 80% and after accuracy calculation you get a 76% counter rate. So at max the MNK will get hit 1 out of every 4 times. But this is not calculating in perfect counter. If you ask me that is what allowed MNKs to truly become great tanks. With enough of the correct gear, you can hit max counter without atmas.

As for bst pets no longer getting -100% pdt, that's sad but you gotta admit it's fair. They did it to smns you should've known you were next bst lol. But with enough skill and practice, anyone can do anything on the game!
[+]
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-05-18 11:48:46
Link | Citer | R

its just a case of metal not understanding wat he is fighting is all.

A simple mistake. Seps has a strong enpoison that is countering his Mounted champion regen. He doesnt know about the poison so he just thinks MC isnt working anymore.
 Fenrir.Fearforever
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-05-18 11:50:15
Link | Citer | R

So is the new -DT cap 50% for BST pets? they up the caps for everything else like Crit hit rate/dmg/fastcast etc. but cap BST to 50? >.<

At least bring it to 75%
 Bismarck.Zagen
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-18 11:53:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Fearforever said:
So is the new -DT cap 50% for BST pets? they up the caps for everything else like Crit hit rate/dmg/fastcast etc. but cap BST to 50? >.<

At least bring it to 75%
Baring Relic/Mythic for PLD its the same cap players are limited by...
 Cerberus.Bikpik
user: Bikpik
By Cerberus.Bikpik 2011-05-18 12:01:04
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Zagen said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

At least bring it to 75%

But pets aren't players...
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-18 12:18:03
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Bikpik said:
Bismarck.Zagen said:
Fenrir.Fearforever said:

At least bring it to 75%

But pets aren't players...
Then why should they get Atma buffs? Those are buffs given to players not pets technically. Unless you got your Pet some Lunar Abyssite LOL

Learn to adapt or quit if you can't handle a broken mechanic/exploit has been fixed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-05-18 12:21:44
Link | Citer | R

I have no idea what you people who are talking like there is a dmg cap now are talking about. There has been no update since Metal came on being a retard, and none since Monday when I tested either (had NN with -87% getting hit for 8-10, like normal).

PDT HAS NOT BEEN NINJA UPDATED.

(unless they have done in last day and a half without shutting down servers)

I'll be whacking some Noz and other mobs for gil tonight and will post for sure, but in meantime stop listening to random people who pop on and say things about a cap when there has not even been a patch yet.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-18 12:28:48
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Guttler said:
I have no idea what you people who are talking like there is a dmg cap now are talking about. There has been no update since Metal came on being a retard, and none since Monday when I tested either (had NN with -87% getting hit for 8-10, like normal).

PDT HAS NOT BEEN NINJA UPDATED.

(unless they have done in last day and a half without shutting down servers)

I'll be whacking some Noz and other mobs for gil tonight and will post for sure, but in meantime stop listening to random people who pop on and say things about a cap when there has not even been a patch yet.
Sorry I assume when people are coming to QQ they know what they're talking about.

After getting a WHM DB my friend and no longer care for the slow/gimpness(in abyssea) of BST pet killing. Procs/TH/Kill Speed are far more valuable to us.
[+]
By AsuranLion 2011-05-18 12:36:45
Link | Citer | R

Thank you SE. PDT builds are ***. Invincible pets are a joke. It's Bst for dummies. This will send the bandwagon bst's running back to old jobs. Old school beasts like getting dirty :)
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-05-18 14:37:18
Link | Citer | R

All atma and pdt crap is working as usual, people saying otherwise are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Also pets account for 50% if not more of our dmg, so unless they beef up BST in general, the atmas need to go over to pets as well.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-05-19 12:11:38
Link | Citer | R

k i just left my bst on abyssea uleg, gonna log as soon maintenance is over to test everything
 Ragnarok.Unalteredbeast
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Tadakatsu
By Ragnarok.Unalteredbeast 2011-05-19 12:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Thank you SE. PDT builds are ***. Invincible pets are a joke. It's Bst for dummies. This will send the bandwagon bst's running back to old jobs. Old school beasts like getting dirty :)

^ This

I've always been a BST and i love the job but the 100% PDT is just ***. if you're letting your pet do all the work with 100%PDT and afraid to jump in to join the fight, then you're not really a BST at all.

Fight with your pet like a true BST or go level another job... it's that simple.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-05-19 13:10:07
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Unalteredbeast said:
Quote:

^ This

I've always been a BST and i love the job but the 100% PDT is just ***. if you're letting your pet do all the work with 100%PDT and afraid to jump in to join the fight, then you're not really a BST at all.

Fight with your pet like a true BST or go level another job... it's that simple.
But most BST nm solos from the charm days had the BST running away from the mob constantly because snarl doesn't work on normal pets. Soooo I guess every NM that was solo'd in old world charm style wasn't solo'd properly? The only time I saw BST fight WITH pets is in XP situations or things that were complete jokes. Anything involving tough NMs was pet go fight I'm gonna stay over here and wait for you to almost die so I can Leave then get a new pet. Not too much meleeing on Ancient Goobbue or Despot or any of the other decently hard solos.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-19 13:19:06
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
k i just left my bst on abyssea uleg, gonna log as soon maintenance is over to test everything

Make sure you bring a tissue with you.
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-05-19 13:26:01
Link | Citer | R

Gonna go test in altepa myself and see if the -25% blunt on leeches has any effect on the stuff.

Cross fingers and begin the countdown for people going nuts.

Best case: it was the thing with Ironclads curing pets, or something we did not know about.

Worst case: It will figure the pdt from atma, then the pdt from gear as a % of the remaining dmg after atma reductions.

Corssing my fingers for: PDT cap of 87% or whatever it is avatars are capped at now.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-05-19 14:09:55
Link | Citer | R

I'm hoping your worst case scenario, 50% cap or bust.
Need proper players back D:
 Pandemonium.Zeto
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-05-19 14:15:05
Link | Citer | R

OK I can confirm pets can go past the DT-50%. Was using DG, Tremors, and Heavens + (P)DT-32% in gear on top of Stout Servant. NN went from taking high20-high40s to 8-10s on Glen Crabs once DG procced. Will do further testing to see how much of a reduction you can get this to but definitely capped at <100%.

BTW Draylo good job thinking ahead and asking us to bring tissues for you.
[+]
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-05-19 14:16:00
Link | Citer | R

Everyone going on about being pissed about PDT needs to get the hell out. BST has been ***on by SE for the entire game before Abyssea, it's about time we got something nice.

Test on PDT incoming in a minute once i get Fatso under 50%.
[+]
 Bahamut.Keinn
By Bahamut.Keinn 2011-05-19 14:16:18
Link | Citer | R

Testing it now on Ironclad Severer. My 87% build seems unaffected for the most part.

37% with gear, it was dong 100+/- damage a hit to yuly.
Ducal Guard kicked in, it started doing 25+/- a hit yuly.

Looks like SE didn't hit us with that nerf bat too hard. Phew.
[+]
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-05-19 14:18:43
Link | Citer | R

Tests on Fatso with old 102% -physical gear:
Hit start around 10-14, then drop to 4-5.

Gonna go bump the -pdt to -112% and see if changes, then test with NN.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13