The Days Of Pet PDT Build SE Officially Goodbye!

Langues: JP EN DE FR
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The days of Pet PDT build SE Officially goodbye!
The days of Pet PDT build SE Officially goodbye!
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13
 Ifrit.Arawn
Serveur: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-05-15 14:39:03
Link | Citer | R

That too.
By Gungho 2011-05-15 14:40:56
Link | Citer | R

You mean rdms dont use exploits as in, the trees to "kite" lord ruth around? na, rdms dont exploit, everyone exploits to a point lol. Dont get me wrong, i'm a bst, and the 100% crap needs fixed i agree, but if your gonna down 1 job for exploits, do it for all that exploit. I have never done that crap, hell i dont even have the -pdt axes, too lazy to get them, but theres nothing wrong with taking a while to kill something solo if you can do it and not require help from other people. I personally hate asking for help and love soloing on my thf. Was soloing behemoth and adaman at 75 so yea, if you can solo legit, more power to ya.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Serveur: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-15 14:49:38
Link | Citer | R

Not just rdms. Kaeko used blm to solo a salvage zone back at 75. Hell it requires exploits just to even be the only one to go in. And major exploitation of pathing and deaggroing to actually win
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-05-15 15:01:46
Link | Citer | R

Pinning comes to mind, but, seriously, for how long was it used?
For like... 6 months? lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-15 15:06:46
Link | Citer | R

Pinning was actually first used years ago but generally people just fought stuff normally. I still pin my vnms for trials
[+]
By Gungho 2011-05-15 15:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Ya, pinning has been around a long time, iirc, the first AV ever killed was pinned. Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm old and semi senile.
[+]
Serveur: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-15 15:29:04
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Systematicchaos said:
While generally a 50% cap sounds like a decent idea you'd nullify the point of any counter gear with the use of counterstance, not to mention any damage mitigation counterstance could give apart from /nin recast of shadows. I'd agree with a 70% rate to give the ability some use (still nullifies most counter gear). Innate Counter + Counterstance = 60% if I'm not mistaken, 70% with Relic feet.

Good thing I'm a monk and not a lolbst right now.

Rubbish, everything should be capped at 50% regardless, only mobs you face should break these limits, it's the only true way of fair play.

--

As for exploits, lets not start people have done that from the beginning of the game and still even now.

Bloody hell, a near 100% counter rate = Exploit
People used height distance to avoid dangerous AoE = Exploit
Using poor pathing to kite enemies you can't beat or your "alliance" all die on = Exploit

A lot of things on this game are done via exploits so spare the self-righteous rubbish.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-05-15 16:46:53
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Not just rdms. Kaeko used blm to solo a salvage zone back at 75. Hell it requires exploits just to even be the only one to go in. And major exploitation of pathing and deaggroing to actually win
that's tricking the game, having 100% pdt is not, that was actually how it is designed atm for pet jobs
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-05-15 19:15:59
Link | Citer | R

I'm not familiar with shield blocks preventing added effects on weaponskills (Bukhis has no en-effects on melee attacks and I don't believe shield blocks those either).
Look at 100 shields thread. Pld tanking Bukhis eating triclips like they are nothing. Or the pld soloing divine might thread using shield blocks to eat the additional effects on the ws... of course he totally forgot about nin debuffs and pet tiger's roar... :)
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-05-16 05:24:56
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Unaisis said:
they'l just cap it at -90% like they did with smn T,.,T more than enough -pdt to do stuff T.T am not worried about it. I just wont be able to solo that Cactus that does ??? needles is all XD.
They didn't cap smn at 90%. They just made the innate pdt factor seperately from gear/atma
Nah SMNs capped at ~50%ish. DG WG Zenith + Stout Servant is -105%(50+30+20+5). I didn't notice much of a change in damage taken between 70%-50% carby still took 10-40ish.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-16 07:14:45
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Zeto said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Unaisis said:
they'l just cap it at -90% like they did with smn T,.,T more than enough -pdt to do stuff T.T am not worried about it. I just wont be able to solo that Cactus that does ??? needles is all XD.
They didn't cap smn at 90%. They just made the innate pdt factor seperately from gear/atma
Nah SMNs capped at ~50%ish. DG WG Zenith + Stout Servant is -105%(50+30+20+5). I didn't notice much of a change in damage taken between 70%-50% carby still took 10-40ish.

Zenith is 10%
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-16 07:17:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:
I'm not familiar with shield blocks preventing added effects on weaponskills (Bukhis has no en-effects on melee attacks and I don't believe shield blocks those either).
Look at 100 shields thread. Pld tanking Bukhis eating triclips like they are nothing. Or the pld soloing divine might thread using shield blocks to eat the additional effects on the ws... of course he totally forgot about nin debuffs and pet tiger's roar... :)

RDM/SCH solo divine might aswell tho, so you dont need "an exploit"(ochain) for that, bad example! :p
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Serveur: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-05-16 11:20:35
Link | Citer | R

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Pandemonium.Zeto said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Unaisis said:

Zenith is 10%
Point is avatars are capped at about 50%
 Bismarck.Zagen
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-16 11:36:48
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
RDM/SCH solo divine might aswell tho, so you dont need "an exploit"(ochain) for that, bad example! :p
I highly doubt the block rate on Ochain is an "exploit" considering the fix to the cries of Ochain makes Relic/Mythic LOLs for PLD was making them go past the MDT/PDT caps respectively and not nerfing Ochain.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Metalmyth
Serveur: Midgardsormr
user: metalmyth
By Midgardsormr.Metalmyth 2011-05-16 14:01:19
Link | Citer | R

So to silence all the whiners SE has (as usual) just completely nerfed BST by not allowing Atma's to transfer over to pets.... Check it yourself Atma's no longer transfer over to pets as of today

This is your fix? so since you have taken it upon yourself to satisfy the whinners and now have made the BST job completely useless in parties and now solo (Abyssea based) I would like to request my money back for all three Abyssea exp.

Why?

BST is a solo based job so all the work BST's have put into DG and PDT gear in general for use in Abyssea no longer have any effect.

A well thought out solution (to your oversight) would have been to reduce the effect within reason, make Pet WS's such as Spiral Spin, Sheep Charge and a few others to be a part of the necessary proc's, in essence making BST's an integral part (as other jobs) of Abyssea.

But as we have seen in the past (even under the new development team) is to simply take the quick easy fix for your own blunders. So how many pet based jobs complaining will it take to implement a proper fix...50 80 100 it appears from the threads I have read approx 30-40 whiners gets you off your butt.

Or should the collective pet based jobs simply ask for their money back as we bought the expansions under the assumption that PDT gear and the corresponding Atama's would allow us to continue to play the job as intended/designed...solo

BTW you do realize that the above constitutes "Bait and Switch" which in most countries is illegal so requesting our money back would be within our legal realms...get your lawyers to check that one out

~Metal~
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-16 14:09:06
Link | Citer | R

What are you on about, ATMA does go to your pet.
 Bismarck.Guttler
user: Cole
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-05-16 14:10:15
Link | Citer | R

Midgardsormr.Metalmyth said:
So to silence all the whiners SE has (as usual) just completely nerfed BST by not allowing Atma's to transfer over to pets.... Check it yourself Atma's no longer transfer over to pets as of today

Not gonna be able to log on for a couple hours still, is he making this up or just trying to make a funny? (have not seen anything about this anywhere else)
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-16 14:12:34
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Guttler said:

Not gonna be able to log on for a couple hours still, is he making this up or just trying to make a funny? (have not seen anything about this anywhere else)

Made up, I just tried with regen atma and no food the pet still recovers so they have not removed ATMA from your pets.*

* This is in battle, so NOT the natural regen they have, I also used NN as I know Dipper has daytime Regen.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Metalmyth
By Midgardsormr.Metalmyth 2011-05-16 14:13:07
Link | Citer | R

Since you missed it "Check it out for yourself" Mounted Champion which used to give your pet regen no longer works on the pet.

I wouldn't have created this reply if I had not checked it out myself.
So please...once again "Check it out yourself"

~Metal~
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-16 14:13:55
Link | Citer | R

Since you missed it "Check it out for yourself" Mounted Champion which used to give your pet regen no longer works on the pet.

I wouldn't have created this reply if I had not checked it out myself.
So please...once again "Check it out yourself"

~Metal~

See my previous post, I have checked and I did receive regen effect on NN
 Midgardsormr.Metalmyth
By Midgardsormr.Metalmyth 2011-05-16 14:19:44
Link | Citer | R

Well I have been soloing my BST feet seals for the last week on and off by popping SEPS in Vunkerl Inlet.

Today using DG MC and Zenith atmas my pet can no longer tank as HP no longer stabilizes at approx 45% as it usually did but my own HP does. So I would state in my experience the atma's no longer transfer to pets.

~Metal~
By Venlo 2011-05-16 14:21:41
Link | Citer | R

Or should the collective pet based jobs simply ask for their money back as we bought the expansions under the assumption that PDT gear and the corresponding Atama's would allow us to continue to play the job as intended/designed...solo

BTW you do realize that the above constitutes "Bait and Switch" which in most countries is illegal so requesting our money back would be within our legal realms...get your lawyers to check that one out
On the off chance you're being serious (or to anyone else who might see this and actually be stupid enough to agree), SE never used invincible pets as a selling point for Abyssea expansions.
You made horribly idiotic assumptions, and now you're crying because your job isn't invincible anymore. If you don't like that Squenix decided to fix an obviously broken aspect of the game, either make some friends so that you don't have to solo everything, quit the game, or level a real job. It's not that difficult.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Metalmyth
By Midgardsormr.Metalmyth 2011-05-16 14:25:39
Link | Citer | R

I never used the term "invincible" so get off your high horse and try this...read what I wrote
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-05-16 14:26:07
Link | Citer | R

I seriously doubt they made atma no longer move to pets, since no one else is going crazy about it on any other forum besides you Metal. Nevermind that I have not seen anything about a version update happening today that would be required to make the change.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-16 14:26:55
Link | Citer | R

Venlo said:

On the off chance you're being serious (or to anyone else who might see this and actually be stupid enough to agree), SE never used invincible pets as a selling point for Abyssea expansions.
You made horribly idiotic assumptions, and now you're crying because your job isn't invincible anymore. If you don't like that Squenix decided to fix an obviously broken aspect of the game, either make some friends so that you don't have to solo everything, quit the game, or level a real job. It's not that difficult.

This ^
[+]
 Phoenix.Leglevant
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Legs21
By Phoenix.Leglevant 2011-05-16 14:27:24
Link | Citer | R

Well I have been soloing my BST feet seals for the last week on and off by popping SEPS in Vunkerl Inlet. Today using DG MC and Zenith atmas my pet can no longer tank as HP no longer stabilizes at approx 45% as it usually did but my own HP does. So I would state in my experience the atma's no longer transfer to pets. ~Metal~

Seeing as how you're using MC, DC and Zenith, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say SE just ninja capped PDT for pets, which would be why your pet no longer "stabilizes" at 45%.

So before you cry wolf, take a pet and go smack some EP's without RazedRuins, then do it again with the Atma, you'll see a difference if in fact Atma no longer transfers.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-16 14:27:25
Link | Citer | R

Well I have been soloing my BST feet seals for the last week on and off by popping SEPS in Vunkerl Inlet.

Today using DG MC and Zenith atmas my pet can no longer tank as HP no longer stabilizes at approx 45% as it usually did but my own HP does. So I would state in my experience the atma's no longer transfer to pets.

~Metal~

Maybe the DT Atma doesn't, but I can assure you regen does.. Simplest way to prove it is to put Mounted Champ on and Visccitude(sp?) and no gear and attack a normal enemy you clearly recover in battle.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-16 14:28:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Wat? Hate mechanics and kiting is an exploit?
[+]
By Venlo 2011-05-16 14:28:46
Link | Citer | R

I never used the term "invincible" so get off your high horse and try this...read what I wrote

Quote:

And tell me, how can you not play solo now? It simply requires some degree of skill -- something that sitting afk for two hours while your non-damage-able pet *** slaps a highly desired mob to death does not.

I fail to see the problem.
[+]
 Bismarck.Guttler
By Bismarck.Guttler 2011-05-16 16:14:54
Link | Citer | R

Entering right now to put this to bed, will update as I test MC/DG/RR.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13