Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Problems for the future of Dynamis
Problems for the future of Dynamis
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-05-12 15:33:06
Link | Citer | R

Ok, so by the sound of things, it appears that average intake from dynamis is 0-5 pieces, or 20-50 if you get lucky on procs. You also need to kill the NMs for the 100s, and from what I seen/heard so far, statues don't.

AF however, is dime a dozen. hell, I got 7 pieces in the first half hour without problems in a 4x.

At first, it may seem like currency is fine and will balance out eventually, but there is a bigger underlying problem. In the past, people did dynamis for both AF and currency, and as it is now, people are getting AF VERY easily. Assuming a person has all dynamis zones unlocked, you can probably get all AF pieces you ever wanted probably by the end of this month with relative ease, assuming you go daily regardless of time stones, even more so if you do time stones and get a decent group. Square apparently tried to off-set this a bit by making zone bosses, by the looks, drop new items.

But lets look at the bigger picture: What this is going to mean, is in a couple of months, people are going to probably have all the AF they could ever want. Groups might get formed for the new items we recently found off zone bosses, but will not last forever with the exception of a few smaller ones. People might still do dynamis lord runs for the accessories, but when we look at say, the towns which already are barely being done, they will be practically ghost towns.

What does this mean? The once small balance between AF and Currency will shift heavily on the currency end. Assuming we figure out how to make 50-100 in small groups you will be competing for those, and currency will only hit higher demand spikes than we are use to seeing. The only ones going to dynamis will become those looking to take advantage of the new demand spike, and those making relics, not so much for the larger numbers that just wanted certain AF.

Yes, daily going and 2 hours is fine and all at the start, but it will quickly wear on people, especially after they get what they want. To be fair, the only huge demand on AF tends to be assassin's armlets and Duelist's Chapeau as well as Dynamis Lord drops, and the AF part of that is heavily being fulfilled as people seem to be getting them with relative ease atm. It probably will be a while, if ever, before currency stabilizes back to pre-patch pricing or below.

Thoughts?
[+]
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Serveur: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-05-12 15:45:50
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf said:
Ok, so by the sound of things, it appears that average intake from dynamis is 0-5 pieces, or 20-50 if you get lucky on procs. You also need to kill the NMs for the 100s, and from what I seen/heard so far, statues don't.

AF however, is dime a dozen. hell, I got 7 pieces in the first half hour without problems in a 4x.

At first, it may seem like currency is fine and will balance out eventually, but there is a bigger underlying problem. In the past, people did dynamis for both AF and currency, and as it is now, people are getting AF VERY easily. Assuming a person has all dynamis zones unlocked, you can probably get all AF pieces you ever wanted probably by the end of this month with relative ease, assuming you go daily regardless of time stones, even more so if you do time stones and get a decent group. Square apparently tried to off-set this a bit by making zone bosses, by the looks, drop new items.

But lets look at the bigger picture: What this is going to mean, is in a couple of months, people are going to probably have all the AF they could ever want. Groups might get formed for the new items we recently found off zone bosses, but will not last forever with the exception of a few smaller ones. People might still do dynamis lord runs for the accessories, but when we look at say, the towns which already are barely being done, they will be practically ghost towns.

What does this mean? The once small balance between AF and Currency will shift heavily on the currency end. Assuming we figure out how to make 50-100 in small groups you will be competing for those, and currency will only hit higher demand spikes than we are use to seeing. The only ones going to dynamis will become those looking to take advantage of the new demand spike, and those making relics, not so much for the larger numbers that just wanted certain AF.

Yes, daily going and 2 hours is fine and all at the start, but it will quickly wear on people, especially after they get what they want. To be fair, the only huge demand on AF tends to be assassin's armlets and Duelist's Chapeau as well as Dynamis Lord drops, and the AF part of that is heavily being fulfilled as people seem to be getting them with relative ease atm. It probably will be a while, if ever, before currency stabilizes back to pre-patch pricing or below.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? D.Chapeu and THF Hands were already going free lot in my shell. Everything was going free lot before the update. Why did we do Dynamis? For cash to fund other events. Why will we still be doing Dynamis? For cash to fund our events. Did AF matter? No. What has changed? How we will kill things and the amount of time in the zone. There's new items so that actually makes it more interesting. But now instead of having to wait for a group to go in and push out the 500k for a glass I can go in daily and just mess around til I get what gear I want, with a side of cash. I like it alot. Say what you want but I like it alot. Old dynamis was a dieing thing that was only used to fund other things. Our ls thf was so sick of pulling Dynamis he would have to leave before the boss because he was so sick of the game. Now, we can just S/I and go to what we want. I like it!
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-05-12 15:56:03
Link | Citer | R

I agree it is very nice for attestation and fragment runs. People already have developed a theory for procing which any lowman group could do. Seems 1+ coin (I've seen up to 5 singles!) can drop from a staggered mob. 100s seem to drop from NMs rather frequently too. A lowman group should be able to net a fair profit doing dynamis now. The way in which you have farmed currency has just changed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zagam
user: Jamesfk
By Quetzalcoatl.Zagam 2011-05-12 16:01:05
Link | Citer | R

If people still do dynamis for the AF gear for other then completion there is something seriously wrong with them. You're also missing the arch drops which take some actual effort to get.
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-05-12 16:26:04
Link | Citer | R

It's already possible to obtain 50~ singles in a run. (low-end)
Try reading the current Dynamis Thread that people have already been contributing information on.
By Gallus 2011-05-15 13:50:34
Link | Citer | R

inb4 s-e allows you to augment relic probably using dynamis crap as the second synth ingredient
 Alexander.Inuyasha
Serveur: Alexander
user: Inuyasha
By Alexander.Inuyasha 2011-05-15 16:19:24
Link | Citer | R

Gallus said:
inb4 s-e allows you to augment relic probably using dynamis crap as the second synth ingredient
inb4 SE implements ToTM to +2 relic+1 gear
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-05-15 17:23:54
Link | Citer | R

^ actually the above 2 would probably fix it current issue when it runs dry, but we probably will see it after they fix up COP Dynas (Need +1 before can go to +2 after all)